FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Out of my league

Out of my league

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irty Girty From No 30 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

So, I've been talking to this guy and the subject of leagues came up, he feels he is not in my league, I'm too good for him.

I personally don't believe all this league stuff, and told him as such, my belief is if you like someone you like them, why does that someone have to be in a league and made unattainable.

Am I along in my thoughts that these leagues are stupid, or do leagues really exist

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes it is, as it is just nsa, no need for a leagues

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Sounds like he's feeling sorry for himself.

B

Burbage

"Yes it is, as it is just nsa, no need for a leagues "

See this is my thoughts, you meet/chat to people because you like them, whether that be on this site or in a pub or a shop or work.

This whole league thing just totally baffles me

I also think when all said and done, we are all humans, breathe the same, shit the same etc, so why on earth do we need grouping into leagues

"Yes it is, as it is just nsa, no need for a leagues

See this is my thoughts, you meet/chat to people because you like them, whether that be on this site or in a pub or a shop or work.

I also think when all said and done, we are all humans, breathe the same, shit the same etc, so why on earth do we need grouping into leagues"

That is right as you like them. I recon it is how confident the other person is so might blame it on the league, but yeah it is rather silly of them aint it x.

By *estsideukMan  over a year ago

Hatfield area

I suspect it was meant as a complement rather than for dissection!

That said, I think some people on here do try to make out they're exceptional and us mere mortals don't stand a chance. And equally, I've met a few ladies where I can't quite believe my luck and what it is they see in me..but thank goodness they did!

As long as we're all civil - "sorry, not my type" - then it doesn't matter.

"Sounds like he's feeling sorry for himself.

B"

Not necessarily, my hotlist is full of people "out of my league" awaiting me finding the minerals to message them and find out if I'm right.

Burbage

B"

Its not just him though, i see "leagues" referred to quite often, on and off this site.

This particular guy I've met twice and meeting again, so that alone should give clear indication I'm not out of his league, he says I am, and that he's lucky that I've met him.

And as a added thought to prevent lynchers, he is fully aware i have written this post

Sounds like he is fishing for compliments.. and for you to feed his ego by telling him.... Of course you're not out of my league... I avoid these people

But yes no 'leagues'.. Just mutual attraction x

Burbage

B

Not necessarily, my hotlist is full of people "out of my league" awaiting me finding the minerals to message them and find out if I'm right."

But why are this people in a league to be out of your league

"So, I've been talking to this guy and the subject of leagues came up, he feels he is not in my league, I'm too good for him.

I personally don't believe all this league stuff, and told him as such, my belief is if you like someone you like them, why does that someone have to be in a league and made unattainable.

Am I along in my thoughts that these leagues are stupid, or do leagues really exist

"

You should have said this is the NSA FA Cup and your getting to play a few divisions up

But your right as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder so no need for leagues.

B

Its not just him though, i see "leagues" referred to quite often, on and off this site.

This particular guy I've met twice and meeting again, so that alone should give clear indication I'm not out of his league, he says I am, and that he's lucky that I've met him.

And as a added thought to prevent lynchers, he is fully aware i have written this post"

Ohhhhhhhh

Then refer to second half of post

Burbage

"Sounds like he is fishing for compliments.. and for you to feed his ego by telling him.... Of course you're not out of my league... I avoid these people

But yes no 'leagues'.. Just mutual attraction x"

No thats not the case, when i do compliment him he doesn't believe the compliment is sincere and asks me not to compliment

Burbage

"Yes it is, as it is just nsa, no need for a leagues

I also think when all said and done, we are all humans, breathe the same, shit the same etc, so why on earth do we need grouping into leaguesThat is right as you like them. I recon it is how confident the other person is so might blame it on the league, but yeah it is rather silly of them aint it x."

Yes very silly

By *ikstupp2Man  over a year ago

london

"I suspect it was meant as a complement rather than for dissection!

That said, I think some people on here do try to make out they're exceptional and us mere mortals don't stand a chance. And equally, I've met a few ladies where I can't quite believe my luck and what it is they see in me..but thank goodness they did!

As long as we're all civil - "sorry, not my type" - then it doesn't matter.

Well said

"

I get messages from lots of men and wonder why they have bothered to message me ,as they have met some right stunners I cant help feeling they've made a mistake

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"So, I've been talking to this guy and the subject of leagues came up, he feels he is not in my league, I'm too good for him.

"

Leagues only exist in people's mind

"

I often get the same. If you like him meet him. He'll then know you're not

Burbage

"I get messages from lots of men and wonder why they have bothered to message me ,as they have met some right stunners I cant help feeling they've made a mistake "

But why? If they have messaged you they must see something they like on your profile

london

"Sounds like he is fishing for compliments.. and for you to feed his ego by telling him.... Of course you're not out of my league... I avoid these people

But yes no 'leagues'.. Just mutual attraction x

No thats not the case, when i do compliment him he doesn't believe the compliment is sincere and asks me not to compliment"

Low self esteem probably caused by an ex, suffering with it myself but trying to get the old me back

By *ommy88Man  over a year ago

bolton

If someone thinks they are out of my league/ hotter than me but they still want to shag me that's cool.

They are the one shagging a minger...!!

Burbage

I often get the same. If you like him meet him. He'll then know you're not "

I have met him twice and we are meeting again, but he still maintains I'm out of his league.

Burbage

"If someone thinks they are out of my league/ hotter than me but they still want to shag me that's cool.

They are the one shagging a minger...!! "

Lol, he's not a minger though

london

"If someone thinks they are out of my league/ hotter than me but they still want to shag me that's cool.

They are the one shagging a minger...!! "

Wow!! With 2.485 verifications u can't b that much of a minger!!! Lol

I've refused many a meet because quite simply I do not feel in the same league as them.

Guys especially but sometimes couples I just can't as I would just feel uncomfortable and that the guy of the couple would feel he is taking one for the team x

But you can't win on here. If like me you feel that some are too good for you, then your letting yourself down. If you believe that anyone iif they ask is good enough then you get accused of going above yourself and get accused of having an overflated sense of worth.

I'm not putting myself down I just don't Want to feel uncomfortable or feel that someone is just settling with me. I Want them to want me for me. Not because they think I will say yes because I should be grateful of the attention ...

And yes I have had that comeback when I have said no to guys I felt were to good for me in the past x

Burbage

"I've refused many a meet because quite simply I do not feel in the same league as them.

Guys especially but sometimes couples I just can't as I would just feel uncomfortable and that the guy of the couple would feel he is taking one for the team x

But you can't win on here. If like me you feel that some are too good for you, then your letting yourself down. If you believe that anyone iif they ask is good enough then you get accused of going above yourself and get accused of having an overflated sense of worth.

I'm not putting myself down I just don't Want to feel uncomfortable or feel that someone is just settling with me. I Want them to want me for me. Not because they think I will say yes because I should be grateful of the attention ...

And yes I have had that comeback when I have said no to guys I felt were to good for me in the past x "

I get what you say, though i dont feel I am any better or any worse than any other human being, to me we are all the same, no leagues and labels

Burbage

Wow!! With 2.485 verifications u can't b that much of a minger!!! Lol"

I have many more verifications elsewhere lol

london

I have many more verifications elsewhere lol"

Jeeezus uv been a busy girl

Burbage

Jeeezus uv been a busy girl"

Lol

london

Jeeezus uv been a busy girl

Nothches on ur bedpost must b like a fine carvings haha

Lol"

B

Not necessarily, my hotlist is full of people "out of my league" awaiting me finding the minerals to message them and find out if I'm right.

But why are this people in a league to be out of your league"

Because I'm quite ordinary. And that's not fishing for compliments in any way.

My hotlist has people I consider more attractive than me.

"I get messages from lots of men and wonder why they have bothered to message me ,as they have met some right stunners I cant help feeling they've made a mistake "

Perhaps these men consider you to also be a stunner.

"I get messages from lots of men and wonder why they have bothered to message me ,as they have met some right stunners I cant help feeling they've made a mistake

Perhaps these men consider you to also be a stunner. "

Think they might need their heads testing then

I often get the same. If you like him meet him. He'll then know you're not

I have met him twice and we are meeting again, but he still maintains I'm out of his league."

Then it defies logic. He's clearly attractive to you.

I don't like to refer to leagues. I either find someone attractive or I don't. I might see them at first and not find them appealing but if we engage in conversation, I may find myself changing my mind. Or not

I'd agree tbh! Most people who dish out 'compliments' of this nature are generally looking for return compliments! We're a seething mass of insecurities, us humans!

Burbage

B

"

So league to you is attraction?

When i asked how i was out of this guys league, he responded evolution

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Aim high, dont ask dont get.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

No leagues, it's only nsa sex, you're not going to take them home to meet the parents!!

Burbage

"No leagues, it's only nsa sex, you're not going to take them home to meet the parents!! "

And what about leagues away from fabs?

"

With a list of things you don't like-such as non white people-I'd say you deffo believe in league of sorts.

They exist in some people's own minds and are obviously subjective because of that. I think that way anyway.

B

"

I get exactly where you're coming from. And when I see who some people have met previously (ripped, hung, handsome hunks) I realise there's no way that I can even begin to compare! I've had many a wobble on here because of that

And so to the OP I understand what that fella is saying - treat it as a compliment that he thinks you're über hot and above his normal 'par'

Burbage

With a list of things you don't like-such as non white people-I'd say you deffo believe in league of sorts."

No, they are purely preferences which everyone has, as mentioned earlier i don't think I'm any better or any worse than any other person on this earth

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"No leagues, it's only nsa sex, you're not going to take them home to meet the parents!!

And what about leagues away from fabs?"

I'm sure there are leagues in the 'normal' world and I think normally it's people's own insecurities and lack of confidence.

Burbage

B

I get exactly where you're coming from. And when I see who some people have met previously (ripped, hung, handsome hunks) I realise there's no way that I can even begin to compare! I've had many a wobble on here because of that

And so to the OP I understand what that fella is saying - treat it as a compliment that he thinks you're über hot and above his normal 'par' "

Ive not taken it as anything other than a compliment, what i don't understand is why he has a league board for want of a better term in the first place

Burbage

"No leagues, it's only nsa sex, you're not going to take them home to meet the parents!!

And what about leagues away from fabs?

I'm sure there are leagues in the 'normal' world and I think normally it's people's own insecurities and lack of confidence."

Maybe so

Ourt of my league is more just a term. Used to express that they think your too good for them. It isn't actually a league as such.

"

In the swinging world I feel I've ended up being with many women who in vanilla life I would have thought of as 'out of my league'. My most recent meet was with a woman (in a couple) who was gorgeous and not someone I could ever think of approaching in a pub or club.

Burbage

"Ourt of my league is more just a term. Used to express that they think your too good for them. It isn't actually a league as such. "

This is exactly how interpretate it, which is why i find leagues a load of nonsense, as i don't believe I'm too good for anyone and equally that no one is too good for me, just the same as i don't believe I'm not good enough and that others aren't good enough

I can understand that there are people out there who are much more conventionally attractive than me. I'm highly unlikely to meet these people because I don't want to feel like they're 'resorting' to me.

If they wouldn't chat me up in a bar I'm not going to meet them from here because we're not the right fit for me to enjoy myself with them.

Similarly there are people who are much less conventionally attractive than me. It doesn't mean I think I'm a better person than them.

I hate this term.

It's mostly perception as opposed to reality anyway.

-Courtney

Burbage

"I can understand that there are people out there who are much more conventionally attractive than me. I'm highly unlikely to meet these people because I don't want to feel like they're 'resorting' to me.

If they wouldn't chat me up in a bar I'm not going to meet them from here because we're not the right fit for me to enjoy myself with them.

Similarly there are people who are much less conventionally attractive than me. It doesn't mean I think I'm a better person than them. "

I agree, there is always going to be people more attractive and less attractive, but you are right, just because they are either, doesn't make them any better or worse than me.

It appears most that are commenting think the same that these leagues are based on attraction, i myself was under the impression that thats what leagues were all about, however this guy is saying that its not solely looks its evolution too, he feels women like me are out of his league as he feels women like me is what evolution is now.

I need to research evolution more to fully try an understand what he means by that

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

I used to have similar thoughts, basically when any woman would talk to me! I've now come to the conclusion that if she's talking to me then she must like me and I shouldn't get so hung up on it all. I'm still often in disbelief but now I just think what the heck and accept it and thank my lucky stars I'm talking to these amazing women.

"I can understand that there are people out there who are much more conventionally attractive than me. I'm highly unlikely to meet these people because I don't want to feel like they're 'resorting' to me.

Similarly there are people who are much less conventionally attractive than me. It doesn't mean I think I'm a better person than them.

I agree, there is always going to be people more attractive and less attractive, but you are right, just because they are either, doesn't make them any better or worse than me.

It appears most that are commenting think the same that these leagues are based on attraction, i myself was under the impression that thats what leagues were all about, however this guy is saying that its not solely looks its evolution too, he feels women like me are out of his league as he feels women like me is what evolution is now.

I need to research evolution more to fully try an understand what he means by that"

I'm not sure you need to research evolution, he sounds like he could be talking bollocks

Burbage

I need to research evolution more to fully try an understand what he means by that

I'm not sure you need to research evolution, he sounds like he could be talking bollocks "

Yeah but if i research i can argue my point back lol

I'm not sure you need to research evolution, he sounds like he could be talking bollocks

Yeah but if i research i can argue my point back lol"

Evolution... do you have 3 tits?!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I have met people I initially thought were out of my league in terms of what society as a whole constitutes as hot, or who have met stunning men and/or women before me. I can't say it's ever bothered me, more that I have a 'you go girl' moment of self-congratulation and then tell myself off for temporary shallowness.

"

I think he's fishing for a compliment or for you to tell him for sure that your intrested

Burbage

Yeah but if i research i can argue my point back lol

Evolution... do you have 3 tits?! "

Not the last time i looked lol

Burbage

I think he's fishing for a compliment or for you to tell him for sure that your intrested "

Meeting him twice and set up 3rd meet must tell him im interested

Agree I don't rate these leagues thing everyone has different taste one person might not like but another does shudnt be in leagues shud just be if you like 3ach other tht is all tht matters x

Burbage

"Agree I don't rate these leagues thing everyone has different taste one person might not like but another does shudnt be in leagues shud just be if you like 3ach other tht is all tht matters x"

100% agree

I think it is more about timing.....if you get somebody at the right time...in the right mood then nobody is out of any bodies league.....imho.

I know I have certainly had a few meets previously with ladies that I could have thought that of......but hey...I didn't and just went for it!

I suppose no one is out of anyone's league as such. But I do believe there are 3 sets of people who swing and usually (but not always) people stick to their own set.

Been around a long while-just what I've observed

Don't believe in leagues, only attraction!

No one is out of each other league everyone just has a type. I just find some people seem to word it different.

'Leagues' exist for some and not for others. I would say they can exist in all walks of life where you compare / compete with others on an imaginary scale.

(that makes sense in my head but might not in words, heigh ho..)

B

So league to you is attraction?

When i asked how i was out of this guys league, he responded evolution "

I'd say attractive as opposed to attraction.

Evolution however is a very new one on me.....

london

"'Leagues' exist for some and not for others. I would say they can exist in all walks of life where you compare / compete with others on an imaginary scale.

(that makes sense in my head but might not in words, heigh ho..) "

All us guys in ur league Roxie?????! Lol

Sounds like he has low confidence. I'd find it very off putting someone keep saying this to me on meets.

"

"

This.

I look at my hotlist, look at the young buff guy's they've met and come to the conclusion (possibly wrong conclusion) that they wouldn't be interested in a forty something baldy with wrinkles.

I'm going to put this to the test and see how many responses I get from my hotlist.

Burbage

"

This.

I look at my hotlist, look at the young buff guy's they've met and come to the conclusion (possibly wrong conclusion) that they wouldn't be interested in a forty something baldy with wrinkles.

I'm going to put this to the test and see how many responses I get from my hotlist."

Keep us updated how you get on then

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"With a list of things you don't like-such as non white people-I'd say you deffo believe in league of sorts."

How is personal preference anything to do with a league?

Grantham

"I look at my hotlist, look at the young buff guy's they've met and come to the conclusion (possibly wrong conclusion) that they wouldn't be interested in a forty something baldy with wrinkles.

"

My veris are quite varied, you should stop thinking like that

Grantham

Anyway, I've not read the whole thread but I personally think the 'league' thing is rubbish.

You either fancy someone or you don't. So why waste time thinking you can't message someone because of some daft idea in your head?

Message them an find out, the worst that can happen is a deleted message.

If I see a hot guy I'll tell him whether I think he'd be interested or not

"

This.

I'm going to put this to the test and see how many responses I get from my hotlist.

Keep us updated how you get on then"

I'll put my master plan into action tomorrow.

"I look at my hotlist, look at the young buff guy's they've met and come to the conclusion (possibly wrong conclusion) that they wouldn't be interested in a forty something baldy with wrinkles.

My veris are quite varied, you should stop thinking like that "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

So does that mean that by default the people you do interact with, with a view to meeting aren't as attractive as those verified by the super buff types?

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"

Yes they do you are top

So does that mean that by default the people you do interact with, with a view to meeting aren't as attractive as those verified by the super buff types? "

Saw that coming a mile away.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

So does that mean that by default the people you do interact with, with a view to meeting aren't as attractive as those verified by the super buff types?

Saw that coming a mile away. "

So does that mean that by default the people you do interact with, with a view to meeting aren't as attractive as those verified by the super buff types? "

In a word, no.

But I think you know that and what I mean.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In a word, no.

But I think you know that and what I mean. "

Moi!?

I do know yes and you know I'm kidding you.

However it is a point worth considering by people who claim that good looking people are out of their league...where does it leave the ones they do meet?

In a word, no.

Moi!?

However it is a point worth considering by people who claim that good looking people are out of their league...where does it leave the ones they do meet? "

I knew you'd know I knew.

It can almost become an unintended insult.

I've really enjoyed meeting the people I've met so far, they're all very different.

Thank god I don't have a type... Just a complex.

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

In a word, no.

Moi!?

However it is a point worth considering by people who claim that good looking people are out of their league...where does it leave the ones they do meet?

I've really enjoyed meeting the people I've met so far, they're all very different.

Thank god I don't have a type... Just a complex. "

Wrong league or.......

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In a word, no.

Moi!?

Thank god I don't have a type... Just a complex. "

I knew that you'd know that I knew that you knew that I'd know what you meant.

In a word, no.

Moi!?

However it is a point worth considering by people who claim that good looking people are out of their league...where does it leave the ones they do meet? "

Depends on what you're classing leagues on? Obviously there is a standard meted out by the media as hot, it's very fake though and tends to be based on status more than anything else.

I only meet people i find attractive. I don't believe in leagues and think they're based on nothing more than someones opinion, but do think some people are less or more attractive than me and that is my opinion and i know not everyone will agree with me on who is more or less attractive, so it only means something to me.

In a word, no.

Moi!?

Thank god I don't have a type... Just a complex.

I knew that you'd know that I knew that you knew that I'd know what you meant. "

I know.

I felt that when first joined a hot guy messages you and a parts like he's way out of my league lol but then you got remember they messaged you first. Xxxxx that feeling can out you of messaging guys first.

Leagues are a thing.

No different to different classes of people.

I don't care if I feel people are out of my league. I shag them anyway

B"

I think they call that fishing for compliments

It's absolute bull there are no leagues maybe for vain an shallow people, think there too good for certain people etc. You like who you like and it can't be helped standard!!

Burbage

"It's absolute bull there are no leagues maybe for vain an shallow people, think there too good for certain people etc. You like who you like and it can't be helped standard!! "

Fully agree

"Leagues are a thing.

No different to different classes of people.

I don't care if I feel people are out of my league. I shag them anyway"

» Add a new message to this topic