FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Do some people get a kick off arguing?

Do some people get a kick off arguing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asker10 OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Hi all. Is anyone else sometimes left dumbfounded by some people's narrow mindedness on here?

Whilst I appriciate opinions are key to discussion, thus forums, I can't help but feel some just can't resist a nibble for arguments sake?

Know we represent a small sample of 'fabbers', but surely being involved in the scene would make you more open minded and accepting of others?

Really not a dig, just interested to hear if others get annoyed with the negativity sometimes. Or is it like Eastenders where your only really tuning in for the drama?

Positive energy and freaky fucks, sent too all of you for 2016!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

I find theres a lot of negativity

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm bloody sure people get kicks out of being offended

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Yes a lot in the forums get off on it

"Hi all. Is anyone else sometimes left dumbfounded by some people's narrow mindedness on here?

Whilst I appriciate opinions are key to discussion, thus forums, I can't help but feel some just can't resist a nibble for arguments sake?

Know we represent a small sample of 'fabbers', but surely being involved in the scene would make you more open minded and accepting of others?

Really not a dig, just interested to hear if others get annoyed with the negativity sometimes. Or is it like Eastenders where your only really tuning in for the drama?

Positive energy and freaky fucks, sent too all of you for 2016!

"

I think it's the nature of a forum. A forum is here to talk/discuss opinions/debate. Not everyone will agree with the majority but it doesn't mean they're negative people. If all posters responded with 'yes I agree', it would be a boring forum!

I'm quite new and can see it's hard to break in and be acknowledged but I love a good debate so I shall persevere

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

In a word, yes. They're on every forum, well, every forum I've ever been a part of. See it as in the real world, there's all sorts here, you'll learn to live with their presence and choose to engage with those you like just as you do every day. It ain't that bad if you don't take it too seriously, a pinch of salt and all that.

Him

By *estsideukMan  over a year ago

Hatfield area

Debate fine - but I post much much less now due to how nasty some people get, and for no apparent reason. It's when they follow up with vitriolic messages in your inbox, all over an innocuous post. Several people have left due to the personal attacks.

So love a good discussion but as your mum used to say - if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything!

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I think a lot of people can be negative, argumentative or downright aggressive on all forums simply because they are sitting anonymously behind a keyboard so they can...not sure if they would be same in real life though.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I don't Always agree and disagree with the same people.

So long as its a difference of opinion then thats fine. If it turns into name calling then you've gone too far.

"Debate fine - but I post much much less now due to how nasty some people get, and for no apparent reason. It's when they follow up with vitriolic messages in your inbox, all over an innocuous post. Several people have left due to the personal attacks.

So love a good discussion but as your mum used to say - if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything!"

Ah I didn't realise it gets as bad as that.

There are always people's opinions I'll disagree with and vice versa, I guess. Some people just don't like people with an opposing opinion.

"

I think it's the nature of a forum. A forum is here to talk/discuss opinions/debate. Not everyone will agree with the majority but it doesn't mean they're negative people. If all posters responded with 'yes I agree', it would be a boring forum! "

This post totally nails it. While their are a very small minority of people on here that deliberately post to provoke a reaction, the vast majority of so-called argumentative posters are merely posting what thy believe and are often passionate in their views. Some topics will also provoke far more pasionate responses than others.

It;s what makes the forum what it is. And I;d rather a passionate poster that I disagree with than those who deliberately stir the pot with popcorn-esque posts

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

It's a fact of t'internet:

People can hide behind their aliases; so become emboldened and think they can be " direct" or rude.

And say things that they wouldn't dare say face to face.

I sometimes am direct, and sometimes stroppy on forums, but I don't say stuff that I wouldn't say " in real life".

And then, of course, some people are a bit stroppy anyway.....

Either ignore them, ( report them if it's really offensive, or if you have the time and energy, deconstructbtheircadvemts with logical arguments of your own,

( nothing irritates a ranter more than a logical reply)

"

I think it's the nature of a forum. A forum is here to talk/discuss opinions/debate. Not everyone will agree with the majority but it doesn't mean they're negative people. If all posters responded with 'yes I agree', it would be a boring forum! I

This post totally nails it. While their are a very small minority of people on here that deliberately post to provoke a reaction, the vast majority of so-called argumentative posters are merely posting what thy believe and are often passionate in their views. Some topics will also provoke far more pasionate responses than others.

It;s what makes the forum what it is. And I;d rather a passionate poster that I disagree with than those who deliberately stir the pot with popcorn-esque posts"

yes this well said

Alot on here!! What's with the lynch mob mentality as well? No wonder why not many new people won't post anything

cleveleys

"

I think it's the nature of a forum. A forum is here to talk/discuss opinions/debate. Not everyone will agree with the majority but it doesn't mean they're negative people. If all posters responded with 'yes I agree', it would be a boring forum!

It;s what makes the forum what it is. And I;d rather a passionate poster that I disagree with than those who deliberately stir the pot with popcorn-esque posts"

yes not been any on for 2 weeks but will start Monday the post about racist migrants all those sort of threads all put on by the same people then the do gooder,s start and the P C brigade just spoils it at times

"

It;s what makes the forum what it is. And I;d rather a passionate poster that I disagree with than those who deliberately stir the pot with popcorn-esque posts yes not been any on for 2 weeks but will start Monday the post about racist migrants all those sort of threads all put on by the same people then the do gooder,s start and the P C brigade just spoils it at times"

What do you mean when you say that the PC Brigade and do-gooders spoil it?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"

cleveleys

"

It;s what makes the forum what it is. And I;d rather a passionate poster that I disagree with than those who deliberately stir the pot with popcorn-esque posts yes not been any on for 2 weeks but will start Monday the post about racist migrants all those sort of threads all put on by the same people then the do gooder,s start and the P C brigade just spoils it at times

What do you mean when you say that the PC Brigade and do-gooders spoil it?"

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"

Have to agree here. There is a minority of forum junkies on here who can't resist posting a look at me sarcastic post which adds nothing to an interesting subject.

By *estsideukMan  over a year ago

Hatfield area

"

Ah I didn't realise it gets as bad as that.

There are always people's opinions I'll disagree with and vice versa, I guess. Some people just don't like people with an opposing opinion. "

To be fair, it's not as bad as I may have made it sound. As others said, tiny minority. But it only takes one to spoil your experience.

cleveleys

very true

Ooooh....has something happened that i haven't stumbled across yet? This is the second thread I've found in a similar vein....goes off searching the fun stuff....

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

Personally I have no problem with differing opinions, but when someone fires a salvo at me as is often the case i respond accordingly....

And I'm probably not the only one

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

"In a word, yes. They're on every forum, well, every forum I've ever been a part of. See it as in the real world, there's all sorts here, you'll learn to live with their presence and choose to engage with those you like just as you do every day. It ain't that bad if you don't take it too seriously, a pinch of salt and all that.

Him"

Every forum, every workplace and every members club is the same. People have different beliefs, opinions and morals...Would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. Vive la diference!! And before the grammar nazis (I am one myself) jump on me I don't know how to type in French

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

"In a word, yes. They're on every forum, well, every forum I've ever been a part of. See it as in the real world, there's all sorts here, you'll learn to live with their presence and choose to engage with those you like just as you do every day. It ain't that bad if you don't take it too seriously, a pinch of salt and all that.

Him

Every forum, every workplace and every members club is the same. People have different beliefs, opinions and morals...Would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. Vive la diference!! And before the grammar nazis (I am one myself) jump on me I don't know how to type in French "

Oui oui mange tout

Arguing with people on here is futile.

I say what I think, but if others disagree I see little point in re-visiting it.

It will solve sod all.

I'm the same with the 'intellectual discussions' too, which only ever degenerate into points scoring and exercises in who can up with the most patronising retort.

I've only started using this properly for about a week and all I see I bitchingband yes mostly from women who think they are sex goddessess when it's just a bowl of egos..some woman had a go at me because I asked if she prefered vanilla sex to kinky..instant goodbye

"I find theres a lot of negativity"

I think it's hard not too on the forums with so many. I'm guessing there are those who spend their spare time on forums because they haven't been successful at meeting. It's one place they can get out their frustrations. Marilyn Monroe was seen as one of the sextet women yet could get anyone to date her apparently.....she became intimidating unwittingly. Now that's an idea for a new thread.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed posts, if youve blocked people or they have blocked you theres no need to discuss it in posts on the forums. Thanks

People put things on here for a reaction

"Alot on here!! What's with the lynch mob mentality as well? No wonder why not many new people won't post anything "

Why would they....they'd get lynched. There is a lot of truth in it. There's diferent types of forum posts. ..those that ask people opinions....get the knives and forks out dinner is served and then there's the others.

You soon get to see the same people in the posts and just avoid it.

On a brighter note there has been times where arguments can lead to the best sex ever

» Add a new message to this topic