FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Mowing lawns on New Years Eve

Mowing lawns on New Years Eve

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *at69drive OP   Man  over a year ago

Hertford

As I managed to leave work early yesterday , I managed to now two lawns.The mild weather does not appear to have stopped the grass growing slightly or maybe I did my last cut in October too soon. I am doing another one to day and will also do all the verges in the cul de sac where I live .

Fingers crossed that there will be no prolonged frost this year as I did not lift my Dalhias . The downside is that we do need frosts to kill bugs .

The first last night was the first one I have experienced recently . I sent to a meet at 4 am and had to de ice the windscreens .

Happy new year .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My neighbours mowed the lawn yesterday

Before setting up a fireworks display.

Hertford

"My neighbours mowed the lawn yesterday

Before setting up a fireworks display.

"

. I just felt a bit strange doing them on new years eve

James brushed the low roof

That's strange

Jo x

Is there a possibility that this thread could be moved to the lounge ?

It would be great to think that 2016 could herald a move by the site to prevent us from wasting time reading such irelevent posts in swingers chat .

Better still , could forum posters save the mods time and effort by considering where they are posting such threads .

Thank you

Hertford

"Is there a possibility that this thread could be moved to the lounge ?

It would be great to think that 2016 could herald a move by the site to prevent us from wasting time reading such irelevent posts in swingers chat .

Better still , could forum posters save the mods time and effort by considering where they are posting such threads .

Thank you "

. Hi. Point noted but I do not think that I will be losing too much sleep over posting in the wrong section.

It was however meant to be posted in the lounge and not swingers chat.

However , as the title of the post was quite clear about the contents of the post , no own except those with an interest in lawns was compelled to read it .

The house was aimed at those who like to keep tidy house proud well maintained gardens and maybe are also members of this site .

Out of curiousity and considering that you deemed the post to be irrelevant to the swingers section , why did you choose to read it ?. The header specifically referred to lawns and as such any member with no interest in this topic had the option to simply ignore it .

Off now to now a lawn and finish building a new kitchen drawer .

Happy new year and I will check the section that I post in in future

The post could have referred to a hairy lady garden , hence my curiosity .

Thank you for your reply .

Good luck with the kitchen drawer , and keep us posted on any other interesting aspects in your life which you feel we may be interested in .

Just remember to post them in the relevant rooms . Maybe the site could add one for you ?

Any suggestions ?

Happy new year

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"As I managed to leave work early yesterday , I managed to now two lawns.The mild weather does not appear to have stopped the grass growing slightly or maybe I did my last cut in October too soon. I am doing another one to day and will also do all the verges in the cul de sac where I live .

Fingers crossed that there will be no prolonged frost this year as I did not lift my Dalhias . The downside is that we do need frosts to kill bugs .

The first last night was the first one I have experienced recently . I sent to a meet at 4 am and had to de ice the windscreens .

Happy new year . "

Happy New year.

The lack of frost has its bad points, we have heavy clay soil and frost has break it up.

The lawns need mowing here, daffodils are out and we have buds on our azaleas.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Well that's alot of lawns if you are doing all Hertfordshire, Peterborough, Belfast, London, Kings Lynn and Cap d'Adge!

I planted 200 daffodils bulbs in my lawn in the Autumn in a heart design.

They are really showing up now but it's going to ruin my planned design. Badly needs a trim as does her bush.

By *ornymobileMan  over a year ago

Harlow

[Removed by poster at 01/01/16 16:49:00]

By *ornymobileMan  over a year ago

Harlow

All this talk of mowing reminds me I'm in need of a trim, any offers.

Hertford

"As I managed to leave work early yesterday , I managed to now two lawns.The mild weather does not appear to have stopped the grass growing slightly or maybe I did my last cut in October too soon. I am doing another one to day and will also do all the verges in the cul de sac where I live .

Happy new year .

Happy New year.

The lack of frost has its bad points, we have heavy clay soil and frost has break it up.

The lawns need mowing here, daffodils are out and we have buds on our azaleas. "

. You are lucky to have the daffodils out . I have clay soil in Cambridgeshire . It is good exercise digging it but also hard work..

Hertford

"Well that's alot of lawns if you are doing all Hertfordshire, Peterborough, Belfast, London, Kings Lynn and Cap d'Adge! "
. Unforuneately I don't have a lawn in Cap d Agde . The stunning view of the Marina compensates . Mowing all the others is relaxing. I love the smell of cut grass and having a tidy garden.

Astro turf sorted

Happy new year .

Happy New year.

The lawns need mowing here, daffodils are out and we have buds on our azaleas. "

Thanks for sharing that

"I planted 200 daffodils bulbs in my lawn in the Autumn in a heart design.

They are really showing up now but it's going to ruin my planned design. Badly needs a trim as does her bush."

I tried something similar a few years ago, it took me ages. But only about 2 of the flowers came up. I was gutted.

Hertford

They are really showing up now but it's going to ruin my planned design. Badly needs a trim as does her bush."

Hi. Did you mean that the weather means that the bulbs will not come up at the correct time ?. Or that you planted a variety of bulbs .

Hertford

They are really showing up now but it's going to ruin my planned design. Badly needs a trim as does her bush.

I tried something similar a few years ago, it took me ages. But only about 2 of the flowers came up. I was gutted. "

. Sounds very bad luck. Ant idea why they did not come up..

Hertford

Thank you "

. Out of curiousity , do you ask for many posts to be moved ?.If I read a post , probably the last thing I worry about is whether it is in the correct section. You learn something new every day .

Thank you . Out of curiousity , do you ask for many posts to be moved ?.If I read a post , probably the last thing I worry about is whether it is in the correct section. You learn something new every day ."

No just blatant ones .

It's good to learn something new every day isn't it ?

I tried something similar a few years ago, it took me ages. But only about 2 of the flowers came up. I was gutted. . Sounds very bad luck. Ant idea why they did not come up.."

No idea. Maybe the birds ate them. I didn't try again.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Happy new year .

Happy New year.

The lawns need mowing here, daffodils are out and we have buds on our azaleas. . You are lucky to have the daffodils out . I have clay soil in Cambridgeshire . It is good exercise digging it but also hard work.. "

It's a huge pain in the neck to be honest. Unworkable in the wet and dry and cracked in the dry

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I tried something similar a few years ago, it took me ages. But only about 2 of the flowers came up. I was gutted. "

Oh . I always have a very Thomson and Morgan vision in my head and a Steptoe and Son result when it comes to my garden.

By *aughtyman4545Man  over a year ago

bamber bridge

obviously sounds like you hadn,t had to much rain to be cutting ya lawns !

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I was going to add something but as it's in the wrong Forum room I wonder if I should?

Oh no, blatant, pointless complaining might ensue

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"obviously sounds like you hadn,t had to much rain to be cutting ya lawns !"

We've had rain but nothing like the rest of the country.

I tried something similar a few years ago, it took me ages. But only about 2 of the flowers came up. I was gutted.

Oh . I always have a very Thomson and Morgan vision in my head and a Steptoe and Son result when it comes to my garden. "

That's the first thing I've had to Google off here in ages!!

Hertford

. Completely dry in London yesterday where I did two of them and did the one in Hertfordshire today as well. I also managed to do all the grass verges in the cul de sac where I live some weekends . They look a lot better now .

Hertford

Oh . I always have a very Thomson and Morgan vision in my head and a Steptoe and Son result when it comes to my garden.

You have learnt something new then. A useful supplier if you are a keen gardener though I tend to use J Parker's and the Spalding Bulb company .

That's the first thing I've had to Google off here in ages!! "

Hertford

"I was going to add something but as it's in the wrong Forum room I wonder if I should?

Oh no, blatant, pointless complaining might ensue "

You might get a ticket from the forum categorisation police .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That's the first thing I've had to Google off here in ages!! "

ooo, I hope you didn't register with them you'll get daily e-mails offering you indoor azaleas with unlikely names

Grantham

"I was going to add something but as it's in the wrong Forum room I wonder if I should?

Oh no, blatant, pointless complaining might ensue You might get a ticket from the forum categorisation police . "

Oh no, though it's a damn fine job they do

You'd need waders to cut the grass here.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Be careful, lawnmower blades are much sharper than knitting needles..

Kent

Thank you "

Swingers chat. Swingers are chatting about cutting the grass.

ooo, I hope you didn't register with them you'll get daily e-mails offering you indoor azaleas with unlikely names "

Like 'Doris'?

Thank you . Out of curiousity , do you ask for many posts to be moved ?.If I read a post , probably the last thing I worry about is whether it is in the correct section. You learn something new every day .

No just blatant ones .

It's good to learn something new every day isn't it ?

"

hey and don't get him on subject of knitting needles

Forum Mod

East Sussex

ooo, I hope you didn't register with them you'll get daily e-mails offering you indoor azaleas with unlikely names

Like 'Doris'? "

You're not far off

Happy new year . "

Your lucky it was hammering rain at ours the day before and on and off on new years eve so couldnt have if Id wanted to.

Hertford

"Be careful, lawnmower blades are much sharper than knitting needles.. "
. When using a lawn mower the operator is in total control and providing all relevant guidelines are followed , they do not pose any risk to the operator .

Using either lawn mowers or chainsaws which I also use do not pose any significant concern to me.

Grantham

I lent my chainsaw to a friend and never got it back

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I lent my chainsaw to a friend and never got it back "

we lent ours to a family member and they burnt the motor out.

I thought I read "mother inlaws on new years eve",think I need glasses or help

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I thought I read "mother inlaws on new years eve",think I need glasses or help "

try specsavers first

Hertford

"I lent my chainsaw to a friend and never got it back

we lent ours to a family member and they burnt the motor out. "

. I would be very reluctant to lend a chainsaw to anyone because of the injury risks . They are great for cutting trees but I am also very cautious using them..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

we lent ours to a family member and they burnt the motor out. . I would be very reluctant to lend a chainsaw to anyone because of the injury risks . They are great for cutting trees but I am also very cautious using them.."

I tend to assume that adults will take responsibility for their own safety

Hertford

we lent ours to a family member and they burnt the motor out. . I would be very reluctant to lend a chainsaw to anyone because of the injury risks . They are great for cutting trees but I am also very cautious using them..

I tend to assume that adults will take responsibility for their own safety "

. A good assumption to make . I was just slightly concerned about lending mine in case I was sued . I have lent it out in the past.

Kent

"Be careful, lawnmower blades are much sharper than knitting needles.. . When using a lawn mower the operator is in total control and providing all relevant guidelines are followed , they do not pose any risk to the operator .

Using either lawn mowers or chainsaws which I also use do not pose any significant concern to me."

What if there was an earthquake? Or you had a sudden health problem? Or the electrics went haywire??

Forum Mod

East Sussex

we lent ours to a family member and they burnt the motor out. . I would be very reluctant to lend a chainsaw to anyone because of the injury risks . They are great for cutting trees but I am also very cautious using them..

I tend to assume that adults will take responsibility for their own safety . A good assumption to make . I was just slightly concerned about lending mine in case I was sued . I have lent it out in the past. "

we all take as much risk as we're comfortable with and if that's a risk too far for you its fair enough.

Hertford

"Be careful, lawnmower blades are much sharper than knitting needles.. . When using a lawn mower the operator is in total control and providing all relevant guidelines are followed , they do not pose any risk to the operator .

Using either lawn mowers or chainsaws which I also use do not pose any significant concern to me.

What if there was an earthquake? Or you had a sudden health problem? Or the electrics went haywire??"

. A residual circuit breaker would provide protection from any electrical problem.

Sudden health problems could apply to any situation in life .

I am not worried about the possibility of any earthquake as this is highly unlikely.

What if there was an earthquake? Or you had a sudden health problem? Or the electrics went haywire??. A residual circuit breaker would provide protection from any electrical problem.

I am not worried about the possibility of any earthquake as this is highly unlikely. "

You really do need to get out more and socialise.

Hertford

What if there was an earthquake? Or you had a sudden health problem? Or the electrics went haywire??. A residual circuit breaker would provide protection from any electrical problem.

I am not worried about the possibility of any earthquake as this is highly unlikely.

You really do need to get out more and socialise. "

. I am not too worried about getting out and about as I go to at least three locations in various parts of the country during the week.

Ok glad our garden is stone flagged couldn't be arsed mowing, ing, pruning, chainsawing and strimming.

I did grow some strawberries in windowsill pots....not quite sure why since in don't eat them think I gave them to the dog

Hertford

"Ok glad our garden is stone flagged couldn't be arsed mowing, ing, pruning, chainsawing and strimming.

I did grow some strawberries in windowsill pots....not quite sure why since in don't eat them think I gave them to the dog "

. Good point but I also love the end result of gardening . A garden full of flowers , compliments from neighbours and happy tenants .

It is also good exercise and very relaxing .

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"Well that's alot of lawns if you are doing all Hertfordshire, Peterborough, Belfast, London, Kings Lynn and Cap d'Adge! . Unforuneately I don't have a lawn in Cap d Agde . The stunning view of the Marina compensates . Mowing all the others is relaxing. I love the smell of cut grass and having a tidy garden."

Atishoo,Atishoo. .... anyone got any tissues haha xxxx

It's a dangerous world out there but luckily I don't know anyone who knits or takes lawnmowers on aircraft ,I'm going out to get insurance in the morning if I can find a blind man to help me cross the road

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I tend to assume that adults will take responsibility for their own safety "

Im a demon with the loppers but Id love a chain saw

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I tend to assume that adults will take responsibility for their own safety

Im a demon with the loppers but Id love a chain saw "

treat yourself in the sales

I tend to assume that adults will take responsibility for their own safety . A good assumption to make . I was just slightly concerned about lending mine in case I was sued . I have lent it out in the past. "

If you get them to sign a waver that you've explained the health and safety, recommended appropriate safety equipment. And that they use your tools at their own risk....I think you will be ok!

But run it past a solicitor first just to be sure!

Ps I'm joking!

Chain saws and needles are dangerous don't use them or at least get your limbs insured because they are easily lost

Totally agree, ,why is this in swingers chat?

mine needs a cut but..... too wet

Yes what has cutting lawns and chain saws got to do with sex and shagging this is totally off piste

"obviously sounds like you hadn,t had to much rain to be cutting ya lawns !

mine needs a cut but..... too wet "

you on about your hairy bush ?

mine needs a cut but..... too wet you on about your hairy bush ? "

you really dont know me at all do ya

mine needs a cut but..... too wet you on about your hairy bush ?

you really dont know me at all do ya "

nope or you me

you really dont know me at all do ya nope or you me "

and it will stay that way im sure

"Ok glad our garden is stone flagged couldn't be arsed mowing, ing, pruning, chainsawing and strimming.

I did grow some strawberries in windowsill pots....not quite sure why since in don't eat them think I gave them to the dog "

Aren't strawberries poisonous for dogs...? Or is that grapes...? It's been warm enough to grow some nice grapes here this year. Which reminds me...must trim my pubes and then go check on my mustard & cress...at least it seems that my medication is working better now...

you really dont know me at all do ya nope or you me

and it will stay that way im sure"

probably you prefer women don't you ?

you really dont know me at all do ya nope or you me

and it will stay that way im sure probably you prefer women don't you ? "

women over him - he wins hands down

"Totally agree, ,why is this in swingers chat? "

Careful now , you will be chastised for making a valid point .......

Anyway , for any newbies checking this thread out , welcome to fabswingers - a site for like minded liberated people to meet up for casual sexual encounters .

Oh , and gardening tips .......

"Totally agree, ,why is this in swingers chat?

Anyway , for any newbies checking this thread out , welcome to fabswingers - a site for like minded liberated people to meet up for casual sexual encounters .

Oh , and gardening tips ....... "

hehe hey sarcasm is lowest form of wit do you knit by any chance needles are great for poking with

Oh , and gardening tips ....... hehe hey sarcasm is lowest form of wit do you knit by any chance needles are great for poking with "

No I don't knit , but no doubt if I stick around on this thread long enough , I'm sure I'll get some worthwhile tips on how interesting it might be ?

Kent

Jeez does it really matter? As you say so often only a small percentage of people use the forums, no one has to read or comment on the OP, I couldn't give a monkeys about lawn mowing tbh or a zillion other posts on here but I'd be here all day if I started moaning about everything that didnt interest me.

So for any newbies checking this out.. Fabswingers forums aren't just to talk about fucking!!!!

Oh , and gardening tips ....... hehe hey sarcasm is lowest form of wit do you knit by any chance needles are great for poking with

No I don't knit , but no doubt if I stick around on this thread long enough , I'm sure I'll get some worthwhile tips on how interesting it might be ?

"

knit one pearl one cum on one

Kent

Oh , and gardening tips ....... hehe hey sarcasm is lowest form of wit do you knit by any chance needles are great for poking with "

I knit.. Funnily enough people have to do ordinary stuff in between the sex, I crochet too, and bake and work..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Grass doesn't stop growing in winter it's just not advisable to cut it when there is likely to be a frost etc as it will expose the cut ends to extreme cold.

The mild weather has confused some plants and trees. Have seen some daffs out and buds on trees.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Thank you "

You didn't think not to waste your own time by not opening or reading a thread about moving lawns then? You are the master of your own time and destiny my friend.

Oh , and gardening tips ....... hehe hey sarcasm is lowest form of wit do you knit by any chance needles are great for poking with

I knit.. Funnily enough people have to do ordinary stuff in between the sex, I crochet too, and bake and work.. "

hottie you are a master of many talents how's your cold

Kent

I knit.. Funnily enough people have to do ordinary stuff in between the sex, I crochet too, and bake and work.. hottie you are a master of many talents how's your cold "

Horrendous thanks for asking! My little boy woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me to be quiet as I sounded like darth vader

Did I miss something. ? Are you in charge now..?

I knit.. Funnily enough people have to do ordinary stuff in between the sex, I crochet too, and bake and work.. hottie you are a master of many talents how's your cold

Horrendous thanks for asking! My little boy woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me to be quiet as I sounded like darth vader "

awwww poor boy ,get well soon

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Im going to be frightened to start any threads off in future in case I've put it in the wrong section.... and I have to have a smacked bottom

I'm enjoying this thread, maybe its the part of me that's contrary to needless pedants. I think we should run a gardening thread in swingers chat all the time

"I'm enjoying this thread, maybe its the part of me that's contrary to needless pedants. I think we should run a gardening thread in swingers chat all the time"

What about a cooking one too. We could make sure there's 'sexy ' food

"I'm enjoying this thread, maybe its the part of me that's contrary to needless pedants. I think we should run a gardening thread in swingers chat all the time

What about a cooking one too. We could make sure there's 'sexy ' food

"

Ooh we could also start threads on needle point and haberdashery

Jeez does it really matter? As you say so often only a small percentage of people use the forums, no one has to read or comment on the OP, I couldn't give a monkeys about lawn mowing tbh or a zillion other posts on here but I'd be here all day if I started moaning about everything that didnt interest me.

So for any newbies checking this out.. Fabswingers forums aren't just to talk about fucking!!!! "

Totally agree - that's what the lounge is for

Kent

So for any newbies checking this out.. Fabswingers forums aren't just to talk about fucking!!!!

Totally agree - that's what the lounge is for "

Does it say anywhere on swingers chat that tye chat has to be sex related? (genuine question as I'm on mobile and I know some stuff doesn't show on mobile)

[Removed by poster at 02/01/16 09:08:34]

Does it say anywhere on swingers chat that tye chat has to be sex related? (genuine question as I'm on mobile and I know some stuff doesn't show on mobile)"

Nope, people use the forums as they wish. They fit the purpose as people use them. If people decide that swinging chat is all about the art of motorcycle maintenance then they shall use them thus, no matter what a small minority may shout about

Does it say anywhere on swingers chat that tye chat has to be sex related? (genuine question as I'm on mobile and I know some stuff doesn't show on mobile)

Nope, people use the forums as they wish. They fit the purpose as people use them. If people decide that swinging chat is all about the art of motorcycle maintenance then they shall use them thus, no matter what a small minority may shout about"

Even the op conceded he had mistakenly posted in the wrong room .

But hey , a great deal of amusement has arisen from the thread so Iit doesn't matter does it ?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We noticed yesterday that our fig tree has buds on it

"We noticed yesterday that our fig tree has buds on it "

Hertford

. It must be very warm in the South Coast then.. Does the tree actually produce figs ?.

Hertford

"Grass doesn't stop growing in winter it's just not advisable to cut it when there is likely to be a frost etc as it will expose the cut ends to extreme cold.

The mild weather has confused some plants and trees. Have seen some daffs out and buds on trees. "

. I did wonder if I should cut it in case it did any damage .

As I thought that the lawns looked slightly untidy , I decided to cut them anyway .

After cutting for how long are the exposed ends of grass at risk of damage from frost .

Thanks for the comment . I have learnt something new to day .

After cutting

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We noticed yesterday that our fig tree has buds on it . It must be very warm in the South Coast then.. Does the tree actually produce figs ?. "

Yes it does, loads of them more some years than others. We do have more warm and dry weather than a lot of the UK though.

Do fig rolls grow on it?

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"We noticed yesterday that our fig tree has buds on it

Do fig rolls grow on it?"

I didn't know fig trees grew in this country . Not that I care as I'm allergic to figs & kiwi.

If anyone wants to come & trim my lawn they are most welcome I have a bush that needs looking at too

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Do fig rolls grow on it?"

Yes, I'm part of the Peek Freanes fig roll supply chain, every couple of weeks in the summer they pick up the latest crop. It supplements my pension

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Do fig rolls grow on it?

I didn't know fig trees grew in this country . Not that I care as I'm allergic to figs & kiwi.

If anyone wants to come & trim my lawn they are most welcome I have a bush that needs looking at too"

Yes they do and if you don't restrict the roots they become huge.

» Add a new message to this topic