FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > 1st Jan block a fake day

1st Jan block a fake day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uestandpink OP   Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

You think we should all try to block a few fakes on this day 1 St Jan. If they have been on 1 year or more with a one line profile , no pics or veris..... It is fairly obvious they are fakes and if all the genuine swingers on here do this . then there are less fake profiles to trawl through as the fakes will get the message....put up or shut up etc lol. Think it is time we took a stand on the growing problem of fakes. Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is it a growing problem?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good luck with that, I've got better things to utilising my time on to be honest on New Years Day.

People are free to use the site as they wish, if you don't like the cut of their gib then why not just block them whenever you encounter them rather than just do it on one specific day!

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"You think we should all try to block a few fakes on this day 1 St Jan. If they have been on 1 year or more with a one line profile , no pics or veris..... It is fairly obvious they are fakes and if all the genuine swingers on here do this . then there are less fake profiles to trawl through as the fakes will get the message....put up or shut up etc lol. Think it is time we took a stand on the growing problem of fakes. Xx"

Your criteria for blocking doesn't seem fair as it would block people on here that are quite clearly not fakes; are you aware that (going by your rules) you'd have to block a couple that has verified you 4 times.

Fakes on here can be annoying but I won't be adopting this strategy to reduce their numbers.

Northampton

Just think it a way of reducing the fakes..... Even though we know it will never get rid of the many who join the site everyday etc. For instance we have had x5 fakes look at our profile in the last 20 mins since we posted this.... All now blocked lol

Northampton

We're saying block anyone who hasn't had ANY veris within a year or more on here. X

"We're saying block anyone who hasn't had ANY veris within a year or more on here. X"

And this will achieve what exactly?! Just use common sense and ignore them.

Unless they start interacting with us then we don't block anyone we think maybe fake x

"Good luck with that, I've got better things to utilising my time on to be honest on New Years Day.

People are free to use the site as they wish, if you don't like the cut of their gib then why not just block them whenever you encounter them rather than just do it on one specific day!"

Well said

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Good luck with that, I've got better things to utilising my time on to be honest on New Years Day.

People are free to use the site as they wish, if you don't like the cut of their gib then why not just block them whenever you encounter them rather than just do it on one specific day!"

Yep, this sounds like too much effort! lol

"We're saying block anyone who hasn't had ANY veris within a year or more on here. X"

So that would be me blocked by you lol

Cheerio

Took me nearly a year to meet and receive a veri, plus I was also reported for being fake based on a 'too good to be true' perception by somebody I initially winked at and started chatting to on-line - I feel the the OP's suggestion is nonsensical to say the least.

I will make my own decision on who is or isn't a fake thankyou very much.and block if its necessary.I am not a follower.

is it silly season ??

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Lols @ 'the fakes will get the message' !

What message will they get ?

...then I need to be blocked. Had a message this morning from some guy telling me I'm a fake. Sorry to all you lovely folk I've met

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I keep seeing the words 'fake' and 'genuine' used. I have no idea, in the context of fab, what the two words mean.

"You think we should all try to block a few fakes on this day 1 St Jan. If they have been on 1 year or more with a one line profile , no pics or veris..... It is fairly obvious they are fakes and if all the genuine swingers on here do this . then there are less fake profiles to trawl through as the fakes will get the message....put up or shut up etc lol. Think it is time we took a stand on the growing problem of fakes. Xx"

You do your thing, we'll do ours.

By *umTOplayMan  over a year ago

london

I would have got blocked early on by what you think and it can be real hard for single guys to get that first meet!!!

I got more after going to my first party....and getting a veri from there.

Fakes can still have veris....some will and like to just chat a good game..

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

What, in your opinion, constitutes a fake profile?

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I'll be too knackered new years day to do anything lol.....Or ....will I haha xxxxx

"What, in your opinion, constitutes a fake profile?"

This

"Just think it a way of reducing the fakes..... Even though we know it will never get rid of the many who join the site everyday etc. For instance we have had x5 fakes look at our profile in the last 20 mins since we posted this.... All now blocked lol"

You seem very quick to accuse people of being fake

By *othofus69Couple  over a year ago

bridgend

We have been on here for way more than a year. Yet only met with one or two other people and that was ages ago. Just because we don't meet every couple of weeks or that regular doesn't make people like us fakes. We have put a few meets up and most of them are not followed through, all depends how we feel. I know there are fakes around but there are some genuine ppl who are here but don't do clubs and meet regularly. In our case we have looked at clubs but usually bottle at last minute!

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"Is it a growing problem? "

We have found loads this last week. I was only wondering today whether it was that time of the year or something lol.

B

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"Just think it a way of reducing the fakes..... Even though we know it will never get rid of the many who join the site everyday etc. For instance we have had x5 fakes look at our profile in the last 20 mins since we posted this.... All now blocked lol"
I'm sure those 'fakes' feel better for that op

By *urious.coupleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Looks like we would get blocked too.....

See we joined YEARS ago, we went to cupids twice and then left the site.

No bad reason, just life got in the way, we had other stuff to concentrate on, job changes, childcare etc and now we are back, so our one verification from aeons ago does look odd.....but there is a very real reason for it. It's not like we have been on here every day for four years and not met anyone!

Do these fakes bother you?

How will they know you've blocked them? If they've been on a year and haven't messaged you...or already have and given up then it's hardly gonna ruin their day.

And I doubt it'll bother them as a 'group'

I don't think they have a union or anything and doubt they exchange information between themselves in any big way..

Can't see what it would achieve in all honesty

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I have nothing on my profile, you can't see my veri's, you can't see my friends list but I am "real" I can assure you so until anyone gets a badge that says "fake hunter" and is employed in such a position I would recommend you just get on with your own fun and let others use the site how they want to.

I never understand why what others do upsets so many people

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

OP...I feel your pain, ....you block unverified people and anyone who has even looked at a bisexual person or who is the wrong colour skin or dress size.......but I can help! I can block you first!...think of all that wasted time I can save you trawling through profiles that offend you!

No need to thank me..., but wait....you won't be able to!

X

I have no veri's and been here a while. I do have real skin and a hole in my ass. Some profiles say they can spot a fake a mile off. Unfortunately ime in the wrong bracket (single guy). Because of the idiots the genuine guys get tide with the same brush

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

There's recently been a wave of busybody postings seeking to ban, delete, compel, and generally dictate the way others use the site and manage their profiles...

Such sad people...

"There's recently been a wave of busybody postings seeking to ban, delete, compel, and generally dictate the way others use the site and manage their profiles...

Such sad people..."

Well said that man

By *rs DCouple  over a year ago

far

I agree with the OP but lets not block them lets get a BFG and shoot them

"OP...I feel your pain, ....you block unverified people and anyone who has even looked at a bisexual person or who is the wrong colour skin or dress size.......but I can help! I can block you first!...think of all that wasted time I can save you trawling through profiles that offend you!

No need to thank me..., but wait....you won't be able to!

X"

I noticed that when I looked...I get not being bi but these guys are quite phobic sounding eh?

You've had a 'block a phobic' day

Lynch mob mentality!

I couldn't care less who looks at my profile! Feel free!

But I do try to use a little common sense with choosing meets.

So the guys with no veris won't even be on my radar! Do muss no fuss!

Much more laid back way of dealing with the site than how you propose OP!

By *aneSmith5TV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne area

Pointless blocking the fakes on here too many to do, plus they come and go, then return with a slightly different profile.

I do review my very short block list, as every should have a chance and everyone is an individual.

Just part of the fabric of Fab Swingers

I've been fucked by several of the people you describe as fakes. A poor profile who then sends a message that catches my eye. Followed by a pic that arouses my interest. Next thing I know I'm meeting them and having a wild time.

I'm not blocking on your definition. I'll stick to blocking people who deserve it.

As a earlier poster said what if there meeting people but not leaving veris for each other would you block them as being fake

"I've been fucked by several of the people you describe as fakes. A poor profile who then sends a message that catches my eye. Followed by a pic that arouses my interest. Next thing I know I'm meeting them and having a wild time.

I'm not blocking on your definition. I'll stick to blocking people who deserve it. "

'Fuck a fake' day. Count me in!

I'm not a Genuine Swinger though. Will you still have me?

I had several meets with people who themselves were not verified before I got my first verification.

"I've been fucked by several of the people you describe as fakes. A poor profile who then sends a message that catches my eye. Followed by a pic that arouses my interest. Next thing I know I'm meeting them and having a wild time.

I'm not blocking on your definition. I'll stick to blocking people who deserve it.

I'm not a Genuine Swinger though. Will you still have me? "

I offered on the inaccurate profile thread but you just broke my heart

I offered on the inaccurate profile thread but you just broke my heart "

No that was the hot Scarlet. Not me.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I was here for possibly a year before I even decided that I wanted to meet....

Although I do browse in stealth mode, so I wouldn't have been "spotted"...

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I've read this whole thread and I'm still none the wiser what the OP (or the minority who have agreed with them) actually means by the term "fake"?

"

You ARE the hot Scarlet though ...

"

Oops. My bad!

I just remembered scarlet and the rejection.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I have better things to do with my time thanks.

Some people think they are the official Fab police, as many have said people are free to use the site as they see fit & if you aren't happy with that just move on.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

The first thing we were offered on here was a verification from someone who had never met us or seen us on cam. "just to get us started". He had no idea if we were fakes or not and if we were we would now be fakes with a verification.

"The first thing we were offered on here was a verification from someone who had never met us or seen us on cam. "just to get us started". He had no idea if we were fakes or not and if we were we would now be fakes with a verification. "

Hoping you reported them?

Tbh. I don't care about fake profiles. If a profile doesn't appeal to me. I don't chat, it's as simple as that. No need to take up space on my block list by blocking them!!

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

No

i agree. i find alot of fake profiles when searching for ladies. They are nearly always from london too ????

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"i agree. i find alot of fake profiles when searching for ladies. They are nearly always from london too ????"

What's a fake profile?

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

In which case I would get blocked as I havennt had a vari from this site in over a year, but to be honest it's because some couples aren't completely honest with other ...if you know what I mean and I assure you I do actually exist

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"The first thing we were offered on here was a verification from someone who had never met us or seen us on cam. "just to get us started". He had no idea if we were fakes or not and if we were we would now be fakes with a verification.

Hoping you reported them?"

Yes immediately and from memory blocked them too.

By *encarolCouple  over a year ago

Tyneside

Wont be many left if we all did that ?? hehe

» Add a new message to this topic