FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Picture

Picture

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have seen a picture of Anne being DPed on a profile where we have never met the profile owners. The guys from the meet were on another profile. I have reported the fact to admin but no action has been taken. I have just messaged them again. I hope they take action. This is a concern. What is also a concern is that this profile using at least one fake picture has several verifications. I am very perplexed and concerned

Has any else experienced similar?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes. Admin do sort it but it can take a while.

"Yes. Admin do sort it but it can take a while."

How long is quite a while?

What I cannot understand is why they need to post other people's pictures when they are verified by seven people! Really can't figure it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can't remember, a few days. We messaged the people and asked them to take them off too.

I don't know why people do it either, the ones who took ours (that we know about) were years younger than us we couldn't see the point.

I think regrettably you have to accept that once you put something on the net it ceases to be in your control.

"I can't remember, a few days. We messaged the people and asked them to take them off too.

I don't know why people do it either, the ones who took ours (that we know about) were years younger than us we couldn't see the point.

I think regrettably you have to accept that once you put something on the net it ceases to be in your control."

Understand that but don't expect it to appear on the same site where all involved have accounts and can verify that the profile picture doesn't relate to that profile!

Surely fab could use some sort of version of Tineye (have I got that right?) where people posting pictures relating to other accounts wouldn't be allowed?

Did the people involved with your situation have their account closed down?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've had a verified profile take my pic and use it. They wrote on the forums too, which was funny. Admin dealt with it and they actually ended up going UNLOS.

It bothered me when I first saw it and then I realized that in reality only I looked like me so I didn't let it bother me too much.

-Courtney

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I can't remember, a few days. We messaged the people and asked them to take them off too.

I think regrettably you have to accept that once you put something on the net it ceases to be in your control.

Understand that but don't expect it to appear on the same site where all involved have accounts and can verify that the profile picture doesn't relate to that profile!

Surely fab could use some sort of version of Tineye (have I got that right?) where people posting pictures relating to other accounts wouldn't be allowed?

Did the people involved with your situation have their account closed down? "

I have no idea, once we knew the pictures were taken down we forgot about it.

I don't think it's possible for the site to use reverse search for every picture posted it would be a mammoth task but it is possible for us to use it periodically on our own photos if we want to.

I know how annoying and infuriating it is though.

Picture still up on the other profile. Wish it were possible to talk to admin. Not happy

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You can send them a message.

"Picture still up on the other profile. Wish it were possible to talk to admin. Not happy "

Worrying that they are verified too

"Picture still up on the other profile. Wish it were possible to talk to admin. Not happy

Worrying that they are verified too"

Verified seven times! No point sending a message. They haven't been on for a few weeks

Still using our picture and still no action from admin

Is it ok to post other people's pictures on profiles now then?

"I've had a verified profile take my pic and use it. They wrote on the forums too, which was funny. Admin dealt with it and they actually ended up going UNLOS.

It bothered me when I first saw it and then I realized that in reality only I looked like me so I didn't let it bother me too much.

-Courtney"

I remember that chipperoo wasn't it me that spotted it x

Have now had to message the people asking them to remove the picture

Wonder why admin won't do anything?

"Have now had to message the people asking them to remove the picture

Wonder why admin won't do anything?"

maybe they've said they took pic maybe it was in their gallery before yours ?

Wonder why admin won't do anything? maybe they've said they took pic maybe it was in their gallery before yours ? "

Eh?? Don't understand what you meant.

I've just sent a copy of the picture to admin via email to try and prove it is our picture.

I have also told admin who the others in the picture are - so admin can get confirmation from them that I'm telling the truth.

Other than that, I can't think what to do.

It should concern everyone on here that other profiles can use your own pictures. Goodness knows what is being shown on their friends only pics!!! Could be anyone/anything!!!

I am sure admin will act on this. This sort of stuff ruins the site for those who use it properly. This is a business at the end of the day they cannot afford to have unhappy members. Sure it will be sorted for yourselves shortly.

Have just posted the picture

If admin don't remove the same picture from the other profile I will name and shame the other profile

Know it's against the rules to do so but if it gets me a ban, I don't care.

The other profile should NOT be allowed to post other people's pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am sure admin will act on this. This sort of stuff ruins the site for those who use it properly. This is a business at the end of the day they cannot afford to have unhappy members. Sure it will be sorted for yourselves shortly. "

I've complained twice two weeks ago and nothing has happened so I'm not sure anything will

Watch this space

Wonder why admin won't do anything? maybe they've said they took pic maybe it was in their gallery before yours ?

I've just sent a copy of the picture to admin via email to try and prove it is our picture.

I have also told admin who the others in the picture are - so admin can get confirmation from them that I'm telling the truth.

It should concern everyone on here that other profiles can use your own pictures. Goodness knows what is being shown on their friends only pics!!! Could be anyone/anything!!!"

have you. Been on other sites with that pic ? Maybe it was copied before it was posted on this site and maybe it was in the other gallery first

Wonder why admin won't do anything? maybe they've said they took pic maybe it was in their gallery before yours ?

It should concern everyone on here that other profiles can use your own pictures. Goodness knows what is being shown on their friends only pics!!! Could be anyone/anything!!! have you. Been on other sites with that pic ? Maybe it was copied before it was posted on this site and maybe it was in the other gallery first "

It was on our profile here over a year ago. We took a break from here for a few months and rejoined in August

Where it has been stolen from is not the issue. That this other profile is using it is of huge concern to me - as it should be all of us. This could happen to anyone

Anyone wanting to know the other profile name please PM us. Thanks

By *olarfoxMan  over a year ago

North Cambs

"I have seen a picture of Anne being DPed on a profile where we have never met the profile owners. The guys from the meet were on another profile. I have reported the fact to admin but no action has been taken. I have just messaged them again. I hope they take action. This is a concern. What is also a concern is that this profile using at least one fake picture has several verifications. I am very perplexed and concerned

Has any else experienced similar? "

Not me, but it is very concerning and bang out of order!!

"I have seen a picture of Anne being DPed on a profile where we have never met the profile owners. The guys from the meet were on another profile. I have reported the fact to admin but no action has been taken. I have just messaged them again. I hope they take action. This is a concern. What is also a concern is that this profile using at least one fake picture has several verifications. I am very perplexed and concerned

Has any else experienced similar?

Not me, but it is very concerning and bang out of order!!"

Still no word from admin. I'm going have to name and shame soon........

Someone stole my pic and admin had it sorted within a couple of days.

"Someone stole my pic and admin had it sorted within a couple of days. "

You are lucky.

As you can see it's been over two weeks now and still not happened for us

Sounds very worrying Fab are usually pretty good at sorting stuff out. However it's got very slow lately I reported someone for something highly illegal in a picture but it's still there.

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

This aweful and I would hate it to happen to me. The fact it has been 2 weeks is a worry that administration have yet to respond to you. I personally would also risk a ban and name and shame for this

"This aweful and I would hate it to happen to me. The fact it has been 2 weeks is a worry that administration have yet to respond to you. I personally would also risk a ban and name and shame for this "

I have just emailed the guys we met and asked them to report the matter to admin

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"This aweful and I would hate it to happen to me. The fact it has been 2 weeks is a worry that administration have yet to respond to you. I personally would also risk a ban and name and shame for this

I have just emailed the guys we met and asked them to report the matter to admin"

I really do hope it gets sorted for you

Given this is a two week outstanding issue, this reads as a disheartening lack of response to what is clearly some concern - Come on admin; Support

It should concern everyone on here that other profiles can use your own pictures. Goodness knows what is being shown on their friends only pics!!! Could be anyone/anything!!! have you. Been on other sites with that pic ? Maybe it was copied before it was posted on this site and maybe it was in the other gallery first

It was on our profile here over a year ago. We took a break from here for a few months and rejoined in August

Where it has been stolen from is not the issue. That this other profile is using it is of huge concern to me - as it should be all of us. This could happen to anyone

Anyone wanting to know the other profile name please PM us. Thanks "

hey some guy used my face pic as his profile pic it made me laugh really ,I didn't get irritated by it

It should concern everyone on here that other profiles can use your own pictures. Goodness knows what is being shown on their friends only pics!!! Could be anyone/anything!!! have you. Been on other sites with that pic ? Maybe it was copied before it was posted on this site and maybe it was in the other gallery first

Anyone wanting to know the other profile name please PM us. Thanks hey some guy used my face pic as his profile pic it made me laugh really ,I didn't get irritated by it "

This picture is more graphic than a face pic. Your attitude seems perverse

You see no harm in what they're doing then?

Anyone wanting to know the other profile name please PM us. Thanks hey some guy used my face pic as his profile pic it made me laugh really ,I didn't get irritated by it

You see no harm in what they're doing then? "

no a pics an inanimate object and you wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want people to see it and I don't believe you would like anyone else to believe you are naive so I figure you kind of expect at some stage this will happen ,you are perverse yourself if you hadn't thought it might ,its done now and you can't do sod all about it but put all your pics in private to stop the next picture thief from using them

Anyone wanting to know the other profile name please PM us. Thanks hey some guy used my face pic as his profile pic it made me laugh really ,I didn't get irritated by it

You see no harm in what they're doing then? no a pics an inanimate object and you wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want people to see it and I don't believe you would like anyone else to believe you are naive so I figure you kind of expect at some stage this will happen ,you are perverse yourself if you hadn't thought it might ,its done now and you can't do sod all about it but put all your pics in private to stop the next picture thief from using them "

They were previously posted in private/friends only

That doesn't stop people lifting them, does it?

Thanks for your useful posts. Insightful as ever. We all look forward to reading them

As a single man, you should be more sympathetic - men using and stealing pictures puts quite a few people off fab, as there are many not wanting their pictures posted willy nilly on the internet

Anything posted on the internet can be used by other people. It's wrong but that's the way it is.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

This is why we have only topless shots on our profile, as we are very aware that once your pics are on the internet, anyone, in the know, can lift them.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Had this problem a cpl of years ago not only had the guy nicked sum of my pics his profile was near enough an exact copy of mine.only found out as he was trying to meet a female freind of mine and she told me about it.soon dissapeared once i messaged him letting him know i had his home number

You see no harm in what they're doing then? no a pics an inanimate object and you wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want people to see it and I don't believe you would like anyone else to believe you are naive so I figure you kind of expect at some stage this will happen ,you are perverse yourself if you hadn't thought it might ,its done now and you can't do sod all about it but put all your pics in private to stop the next picture thief from using them

They were previously posted in private/friends only

That doesn't stop people lifting them, does it?

Thanks for your useful posts. Insightful as ever. We all look forward to reading them

As a single man, you should be more sympathetic - men using and stealing pictures puts quite a few people off fab, as there are many not wanting their pictures posted willy nilly on the internet "

it doesn't you're right one click of a finger on your touch tone phone and that pic is theirs every second a pic is downloaded don't post your pics if it upsets you this much ,to me its a pic I want people to see or I wouldn't post it but then I'm perverse hehe

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Still using our picture and still no action from admin

Is it ok to post other people's pictures on profiles now then?

"

It can take up to 48hrs for Admin to review reports - if its longer than that then report it again being specific about which pic it is and they will review.