FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Dont judge a book by its cover.

Dont judge a book by its cover.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, I've been on and off fab over the years but I always seem to see the same kind of people.

They instantly look at your picture and say no thank you or something worse.

I'm not a bad looking guy and I know I'm a better person than a lot on here but no one gives you a chance unless your making out your something your not and bull shitting.

Is everybody really that shallow that they believe the rubbish on the profiles?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not at all but if a profile doesn't have anything to attract me then i don't reply. I don't have time to waste chatting to those who i don't fancy. It's that simple.

"Hi, I've been on and off fab over the years but I always seem to see the same kind of people.

I'm not a bad looking guy and I know I'm a better person than a lot on here but no one gives you a chance unless your making out your something your not and bull shitting.

"

Ah, so you are genuine and everybody else is rubbish and shallow?

By *ivnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"Hi, I've been on and off fab over the years but I always seem to see the same kind of people.

"

If I came across your profile am afraid I would just look then move on, nothing to attract me whatsoever , and for somebody who say's they have been on and off the site for years you would think you would have picked up some pointers in writing a decent profile.

Why should we try and find what's on the other side of a cock picture when there are more attractive profiles out there to interest us.

"

It's all about attraction!

If someone doesn't fancy you there us nothing you can do about it, it doesn't make them shallow.

Ah, so you are genuine and everybody else is rubbish and shallow?"

Ha ha that's gonna make you lots of friends

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

Seeing as the only picture you have is of your cock, I'll move on ...

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

If I get a message from a cock pic, I delete. Or check the profile before opening the message. If they aren't what i'm looking for, or theres no info, I delete.

Nothing worse than looking at my messages and seeing cock after cock on the page!!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm shallow enough that when I'm looking for a no strings sexual hook up I want someone who gets my juices flowing instantly and looks are a big part of that.

OP if the tables were turned and you were the one picking and choosing from a variety of women who wanted to meet you would you really choose based on personality or would you be influenced by looks?

"

Not necessarily, however, I get feelings from profiles, no rhyme nor reason, but I will not meet anyone I get a bad vibe off

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Don't put rubbish on your profile might be a good solution. If you've been on here on and off over the years, you might be aware that a lot of advice given by ladies is not to have a cock pic avatar.

If someone has made the effort with their profile it's more likely to impress. That's simply the way it is.

We can see through the bullshitters easy enough.

Bit patronising to the users on here if you think they are taken in.

How do you know your a better person than most on here?

I can't see any pics on his profile. Am i going mad ? Lol

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Please, it's far too early for popcorn!

"

you lead with a cock pic its not appealing for most

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Please, it's far too early for popcorn!"

Munching on cornflakes instead

Woe is me?

"Please, it's far too early for popcorn!"

It's never to early for your yummy avatar though

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

I don't believe half what I read on profiles, any profile but I'm still shallow.

I read between the lines of a profile.......

Your opening part of the thread hints at why you're not getting much luck. A cock pic profile, saying you think you're better than most on here yet berating your lack of success, in spite of probably realising you are one of many men with a lot having more detailed / attractive profiles.

Have you tried clubs, parties and / or socials for meeting people?

you lead with a cock pic its not appealing for most "

I like cock and find them quite appealing lol

As I say on my profile,we only have the blurb to go by on here and the cover. I don't have time to open every book and start reading. If your cover attracts me I will be drawn in. If the first chapter hooks me I will keep reading.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

One cock photo isn't going to entice most of the ladies on here. No we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover,but when we have a choice on here we're going to look for a more interesting book cover I'm afraid.

You come across as shallow on your profile as it appears you think women will just fall over themselves to get to you over one dick pic.

Yet another "Women won't sleep with me and it's your loss" thread. YAWN.

"

Tbh if a books cover is just a picture of a cocktail I doubt it's a book I'm ever going to want to read.

But generally I decide the people I'm going to have casual sex with firstly on their appearance then by personality.

No point if I don't find them attractive as nothing would ever happen

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"

Do you send them a face-pic some way into the conversation or are they just reacting to your avatar?

Labelling others' profiles as bullshit is not a wise attitude or approach on here. It makes you sound bitter, whiney, and negative, which never goes down well.

I quite enjoy this kind of debate. The reason behind that is becuase of the social aspect of it all. As a male, the chances are, you've been brought up with an ego. Almost caveman in its origins, but all the same a very contemporary thing. This ego will have underpinned some kind of belief system. This may be the fact that you think you're decent looking or that you're a nice guy, and a whole host of other things.

Right, in the 'real' world that works fine. However, swinging is not the real world. It's a faux community where 'usual' social normality does not exist. As a single guy you're a number. if you've seen Les Mis and want me to give you a number we'll call you 24601. haha.

Women and couples get inundated with requests just like the ones you and I choose to send. Every so often we'll hit lucky and then good things happen. Then it's back to the mail shots. View your profile as a swinging mail shot. You'll probably get a few replies but in the main it's a waste of effort.

Swinging is an awesome hobby as long as it's fun. As soon as it stops being fun, go and buy a road bike or some golf clubs.

Enjoy x

Your profile is the only introduction people have to you on here.

Yours has the depth of a puddle.

You appear to be having precisely the amount of success your effort level would justify.

Perhaps that secretary could help you out with some profile admin. Telling you how to proof read the word secretary might be a good start.

Whining about not getting the chance to have sex with people, always goes down well.

"

"

Ahem...... it's a profile based contact site.......

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm not convinced that having business premises is a good advert either as it could be a lock up garage or a skip depot.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's Thursday, isn't it?

Wait hang on, since your profile it's basically just a picture of your junk anyone who chooses to meet you based on your profile is doing so based purely on the apearance of your genitals.

Can you get more shallow than that?

Mayb cause u don't have pics

"

Ahem...... it's a profile based contact site.......

"

This says it all, really.

If you don't like it, go to clubs and socials.

Was this a serious thread or were you taking the piss?

-Courtney

"Wait hang on, since your profile it's basically just a picture of your junk anyone who chooses to meet you based on your profile is doing so based purely on the apearance of your genitals.

Can you get more shallow than that?"

Hey you! Stop steppin all over my previous point!

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple  over a year ago

North Manchester

"

To be fair we would pass you by because of your profile, very little to capture our attention.

"Wait hang on, since your profile it's basically just a picture of your junk anyone who chooses to meet you based on your profile is doing so based purely on the apearance of your genitals.

Can you get more shallow than that?

Hey you! Stop steppin all over my previous point! "

Bah, who reads threads before posting anyway :p

"

Your profile suggests you are looking for a relationship more than anything , it could be that which is the stumbling block .

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Book covers are designed to be judged. It's one of the ways they inform you of what is within...Profiles are the same and we all glean information in a similar way. If there is something that is of interest then we may want to know more... Mine has no pics, but think people may know what sort of person I am from it, same should go for all of us.

liverpool

Your profile suggests you are looking for a relationship more than anything , it could be that which is the stumbling block ."

The stumbling block could also be that he comes across has a dick

It's all about attraction!

If someone doesn't fancy you there us nothing you can do about it, it doesn't make them shallow. "

Doesn't matter if it's looks or profile text or whatever. If someone doesn't fancy you they just don't fancy you. The reason is utterly irrelevant.

you lead with a cock pic its not appealing for most

I like cock and find them quite appealing lol "

are you the guy of the couple ,lot of bi guys on here

dover

Most decent profiles outline what is on offer, what you want, and what kind of people you seek.

Any extravagant claims of sexual skills and stamina etc are largely ignored so I'd say most people on here are not at all shallow, but far more discerning and wiser than you think.

We won't linger on an unattractive profile. Mind you I'm sure there are those who may feel the same about ours!

"Book covers are designed to be judged. It's one of the ways they inform you of what is within...Profiles are the same and we all glean information in a similar way. If there is something that is of interest then we may want to know more... Mine has no pics, but think people may know what sort of person I am from it, same should go for all of us."

I agree with the above. Too many people say don't judge a book by its cover when that is pretty much it's sole purpose.

[Removed by poster at 22/10/15 10:31:38]

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

i dont judge, i just say no thank you

as you arent asking for advice i wont give you any..have a wonderful day x

[Removed by poster at 22/10/15 10:35:56]

"

And then the bullshiitters give all men a bad reputation.... And the circle goes on

I've accepted this site for what it is a long time ago ... I stay for the 'crack' on the forums, I mostly meet in clubs, it seems to work better for me there rather than try and stand out from all the "over-hyped" "Apprentice" style self promotion, that seems to be in abundance.

"I've got a 12 inch cock and drive a Ferrari.... Drop yer knickers ladies!"

liverpool

And then the bullshiitters give all men a bad reputation.... And the circle goes on

I've accepted this site for what it is a long time ago ... I stay for the 'crack' on the forums, I mostly meet in clubs, it seems to work better for me there rather than try and stand out from all the "over-hyped" "Apprentice" style self promotion, that seems to be in abundance.

"

What colours the Ferrari....

For me like a lot of others it's simply your profile!!

I'm one that can't stand looking at cock after cock you should keep those as friends only pictures!!

A nice torso or some tight white pants will get me every time. And if you can't display a face photo explain you will send one

I also like a man who can talk and hold an intelligent conversation so what you write is very important as well as how you write it!!

I once got a message from a 40 something that said "wot u gunna do 2day. Suk my cock babe"

What colours the Ferrari.... "

Err..? Err? (high pitched unconvincing voice) red?!

Even ... Got to go ( door slam!)

By *lpha-and-FoxtrotCouple  over a year ago

Kettering

"

How are people to know you not bullshitting with what you have put on your profile? Oh, that's right, you put "genuine" ergo, it must be true.

liverpool

Even ... Got to go ( door slam!)"

Shame....looking for a bloke with a 12 in cock and a black Ferrari

liverpool

"For me like a lot of others it's simply your profile!!

I'm one that can't stand looking at cock after cock you should keep those as friends only pictures!!

A nice torso or some tight white pants will get me every time. And if you can't display a face photo explain you will send one

I also like a man who can talk and hold an intelligent conversation so what you write is very important as well as how you write it!!

I once got a message from a 40 something that said "wot u gunna do 2day. Suk my cock babe"

"

We got that same message once...wonder if it's the same bloke

Kettering

Shame....looking for a bloke with a 12 in cock and a black Ferrari "

Red Ferrari's are so cliché lol

Red Ferrari's are so cliché lol"

But it matches my Hawain shirt and "Magnum" moustache

Kettering

Red Ferrari's are so cliché lol

But it matches my Hawain shirt and "Magnum" moustache "

lol if it's a classic model I'll let it slide in this instance

Always judge a book by its cover on here.

If we don't like the look of someone we aren't going to shag them

"For me like a lot of others it's simply your profile!!

We got that same message once...wonder if it's the same bloke "

Hahaha let's hope it is and there isn't anymore out there

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

Many people on fab say that personality is more important than looks, but for us we choose our friends in "real life" for their personality. In our swinging life we want to fulfil our fantasies and that involves having totally nsa sex with people we find attractive. Personality is a bonus but certainly isn't essential in a club environment where we do most of our swinging

OP why don't you atleast try to display your special features and qualities and provide some interesting pics apart from a plain old boring dick pic.

We single men face a huge competition to impress others so we have to try our hardest to sell ourselves, and most profiles are not bullshitty in the slightest.

It's your jealousy that you can't even use your imagination to craft a decent profile.

Obviously not every Tom, dick, Harry, Mary or Lucy is gonna like you as your not god's gift to us but atleast you can promote your self like everyone else to fit in and stand a fighting chance of scoring an interest.

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

The thing I take most out of this post is people saying don't believe what you read in profiles or I don't believe half of what's in profiles .

That's a sad state of affairs if you ask me yes I know why lots of B/S out there but still if you can't take something at face value until proven other wise then maybe a breaks in order the day I start reading female profiles and think B/S is the day I'm taking a break from this world .

My profile is very long and very detailed for a reason I want no miss understands and I want everyone who considers chatting to me to have a fairly good idea of the man their dealing with from the word go.

In a world where you often hear people saying you need more in your profile text to newbies asking the age old question of why am I having no success , its rather alarming to hear most don't believe what's in a profile kind of a catch 22 situation if ever I saw one .

dover

Well it does look as if the OP has backed away from this thread, having managed to piss off just about everybody with his posting....

I wonder what on earth he was expecting after writing something quite so toxic..

dont judge a book by its cover, go by the words that come from the book

mr

liverpool

"Well it does look as if the OP has backed away from this thread, having managed to piss off just about everybody with his posting....

I wonder what on earth he was expecting after writing something quite so toxic.."

Obviously attention because he's got no chance of anybody noticing him with his pathetic profile otherwise

You could have the best written profile on fab but if there is no sexual attraction it's not going to go any further

Yes fab is full of shallow people some who are stuck right up their Arse and think they have something to Prove

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

why do you let how others behave on here impact you..... they can only lord it over you if you allow yourself to feel less than them.

just don't allow it to happen....

I don't.

dover

"Yes fab is full of shallow people some who are stuck right up their Arse and think they have something to Prove "

Oh dear!

Looks like this thread has unearthed another Mr. Grumpy!

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

if your in a corner shop looking for a magazine for your sick nan in hospital. probably best to judge a book by its cover

liverpool

"Yes fab is full of shallow people some who are stuck right up their Arse and think they have something to Prove

Oh dear!

Looks like this thread has unearthed another Mr. Grumpy! "

Somebody must have beaten him to the last tin of discounted spam at Asda

Not Grumpy at all just a straight genuine guy who says it as it is Pal

I have not looked at your profile but don't be put off...

Firstly the male/female ratio is crazy and at the end of the day it's about connection and attraction..

They shouldn't say anything horrible no one needs to be like that but we all have a type or that something that we like in others..

It's all in the face for me..

Good luck

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I took a long time to write my profile and have revised it a few times since, as well as changed and uploaded different photos. I don't think it's rubbish, I think it sums up who I am and what I use Fab for (I'm sure those I've met can agree or disagree with that statement as they choose). Taking the time to read what someone has chosen to write about themselves and deciding whether or not you want contact with them isn't shallow, it's just common sense. Or should I message every single 'will fill in later' profile with no clue as to someone's personality on the off chance I'll strike sexual gold or to find out if they are (to quote your OP) "a better person than a lot on here"?

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

"

. Members who make the effort to write interesting and detailed profiles along with good pictures will get much better results .

A profile will need to be at least fifteen lines of well written information.

Why would anyone bother paying any attention to profiles that are only a few lines .

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

OP: I accept that my cover is old, battered, dog-eared and worn and that, as such, it may put many people off.

Others will take time to delve deeper into what is contained inside.

The thing I find is that it's only the latter ones who we'd want to meet anyway, so all is good.

As others have said, make sure your profile is up to scratch and keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck

Mr ddc

I don't like to say no due to the picture sent, but realistically I don't have the time (or memory) to exchange messages with all the men that message me, so I have to go by their picand pprofile to decide whether they're someone I'd wish to carry on talking with.

Brighton - even Hove!

A well worn, dog eared, battered and well read book with a cover tells people that the story within is worth reading. Not only do I Jude a book by its cover, including the blurb on the back, I look in it to see if anything catches my eye.

Get it?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Not read the whole thread but the only pic you have is a cock pic.

Your profile is limited and it's all about what you want.

I'd not meet you.

ok book comparison - if im in the library/charity shop browsing for a book - i can get a fave author (compare this to friends ive met already_) or i glance along the shelf - something may catch my eye (this is the profile title and main pic) - i pick it up and turn it over read what its about (this is the profile) - if im interested i take it and read a page or two - (this is the first message and response) - got my attention and we bring you home and read the full book -

"ok book comparison - if im in the library/charity shop browsing for a book - i can get a fave author (compare this to friends ive met already_) or i glance along the shelf - something may catch my eye (this is the profile title and main pic) - i pick it up and turn it over read what its about (this is the profile) - if im interested i take it and read a page or two - (this is the first message and response) - got my attention and we bring you home and read the full book - "

god i write some crap

"ok book comparison - if im in the library/charity shop browsing for a book - i can get a fave author (compare this to friends ive met already_) or i glance along the shelf - something may catch my eye (this is the profile title and main pic) - i pick it up and turn it over read what its about (this is the profile) - if im interested i take it and read a page or two - (this is the first message and response) - got my attention and we bring you home and read the full book -

god i write some crap "

It makes sense though.

By *aramelMINXWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

This is the only place I be shallow coz sex is so shallow ... if I'm looking for deep n meaningful which is not on here looks dnt matter

liverpool

"ok book comparison - if im in the library/charity shop browsing for a book - i can get a fave author (compare this to friends ive met already_) or i glance along the shelf - something may catch my eye (this is the profile title and main pic) - i pick it up and turn it over read what its about (this is the profile) - if im interested i take it and read a page or two - (this is the first message and response) - got my attention and we bring you home and read the full book -

god i write some crap "

you beat me to that comment

god i write some crap

you beat me to that comment "

sticks out tongue and blows a rasser

Brighton - even Hove!

god i write some crap

sticks out tongue and blows a rasser "

I quite liked it. Especially when you've finished it and then someone else can read it

"Seeing as the only picture you have is of your cock, I'll move on ..."

This. Plus 18-99 puts us off. Means you'll fuck anybody

Brighton - even Hove!

"Seeing as the only picture you have is of your cock, I'll move on ...

This. Plus 18-99 puts us off. Means you'll fuck anybody"

The irony is that such a wide age range isn't an attractor

I see a cock avatar I delete simples sorry x

god i write some crap

sticks out tongue and blows a rasser

I quite liked it. Especially when you've finished it and then someone else can read it "

I like to leave books lying around in all sorts of places for other people to pick up

That isn't exactly true.

"Many people on fab say that personality is more important than looks, but for us we choose our friends in "real life" for their personality. In our swinging life we want to fulfil our fantasies and that involves having totally nsa sex with people we find attractive. Personality is a bonus but certainly isn't essential in a club environment where we do most of our swinging"
this is a true swinger ,they don't care about the person just how you look and how you perform because they have eachother and you are secondary to that F&G

That isn't exactly true."

Its the way we see it. Right or wrong

That isn't exactly true.

Its the way we see it. Right or wrong"

Usually means they didn't notice it at sign up

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

We don't read the 18-99 option like that at all. Suppose you set the limit at 50 - there are 45 year olds that look 60 and 60 year olds that look 45. So you then reset the limit to 60 - but what about the attractive 61 year old? Setting 18-99 doesn't mean you'll fuck anybody, it means you choose prospective playmates according to how attractive they are to you, rather than by their chronological age. It certainly doesn't mean you would fuck a 99 year old!

» Add a new message to this topic