FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > why dont people reply to messages?

why dont people reply to messages?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it me or does anybody else think that surely its not too much trouble to reply to a well thought out message, sent with a face pic...even if its a "no thanks"...anything would be better than the dreaded "deleted"...

Maybe im too polite...thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Is it me or does anybody else think that surely its not too much trouble to reply to a well thought out message, sent with a face pic...even if its a "no thanks"...anything would be better than the dreaded "deleted"...

Maybe im too polite...thoughts?"

The FAQ says that a no reply should be treated as a polite 'no thank you'. I treat no replies as 'sorry Steve, we'd love to shag your and will next time we are available" - it makes for a happier fab experience. Ladies and couples on here get loads of messages and simply don't have time to respond to each one. Even if they did, the reply would generate more 'why not?' messages as nauseum.

Concentrate on those who do want to meet you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have a standard no thanks message saved which we copy and paste if not interested.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Is it me or does anybody else think that surely its not too much trouble to reply to a well thought out message, sent with a face pic...even if its a "no thanks"...anything would be better than the dreaded "deleted"...

But would dozens of "Good Lord, you're not for us! " messages really make you feel any better?

If you were honest, what you really want is a positive reply, and that can only come with patience and less drama

Mr ddc

They have given you an answer, deleted message = not interested. Delete all your sent mail as soon as you've sent it then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. No point stressing about things out of your control, you'll either get a reply or you won't.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We have a line in our profile which advises that no reply means no thank you, I often wonder if an actual message would make rejection easier to handle.

stop being a tart and move on lol

"stop being a tart and move on lol"

Derbyshire

"We have a standard no thanks message saved which we copy and paste if not interested. "

We have a competition: my 'Good luck' replies seldom get another response, Mrs ddc's always get at least one!

By *ivnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Thoughts....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....Delete

Some guys I say 'no' to and I get bothered 'but you said you wanted a spit roast you little bitch so why Wont you let us spit roast you D: D: D:' which is quite annoying, or attached men I always give a bollocking to, but some guys I say 'thanks but no thanks' and they reply 'thanks for taking the time to reply! You are not a dick!' So...

"They have given you an answer, deleted message = not interested. Delete all your sent mail as soon as you've sent it then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. No point stressing about things out of your control, you'll either get a reply or you won't. "

This is the perfect answer to all those asking about not getting a reply

"We have a standard no thanks message saved which we copy and paste if not interested. "
I don't get enough messages to have a copy and paste standard line!!!

"stop being a tart and move on lol

"

pmsl...so true ha ha...some great adv ice guys...why pay for a psychologist...join fab ha ha. Cheers

"They have given you an answer, deleted message = not interested. Delete all your sent mail as soon as you've sent it then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. No point stressing about things out of your control, you'll either get a reply or you won't.

This is the perfect answer to all those asking about not getting a reply "

Totally...thats what im gonna do from now on

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm going to delete the ones I send from now on! I hadn't thought of that

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

When you get guys kicking off at being rejected .Or on forum complaining they don't like being told they aren't someone's type .Or my favourite ...the but why not .. oh go on .. but what if can of worms that gets opened by sending a no thanks .It's not surprising then people just want to save themself that grief .

If someone is interested then I can assure you they'll contact you back. If not then that silence is your answer

"When you get guys kicking off at being rejected .Or on forum complaining they don't like being told they aren't someone's type .Or my favourite ...the but why not .. oh go on .. but what if can of worms that gets opened by sending a no thanks .It's not surprising then people just want to save themself that grief .

If someone is interested then I can assure you they'll contact you back. If not then that silence is your answer "

Thanks for your reply.

By *he DoudousCouple  over a year ago

London Kilburn

As for us we ALWAYS reply to any messages apart for the lazy and sleazy ones. We find it to be polite and common sense to reply to someone who has made the effort to write to us. Old fashion maybe? Just a polite "sorry but we will politely decline your offer" is better than a silence and take 10 seconds to write.

We have blocked males so we do not get inunaded with messages hence it is true we then have more time and patience to focuss on our inbox for couples and ladies. But even when we were looking for guys, we responded to them.

Keeping our reputation as courteous people is important. You never know if you will bump into this person again

But the point is: we won't be rude in real life so why do it online?

And the worst, is when we allow people to tell us to feedback us with a polite no thank you when we send our pics out, they don't even do it!!!!

"As for us we ALWAYS reply to any messages apart for the lazy and sleazy ones. We find it to be polite and common sense to reply to someone who has made the effort to write to us. Old fashion maybe? Just a polite "sorry but we will politely decline your offer" is better than a silence and take 10 seconds to write.

Thanks & i couldn't agree more x

We have blocked males so we do not get inunaded with messages hence it is true we then have more time and patience to focuss on our inbox for couples and ladies. But even when we were looking for guys, we responded to them.

Keeping our reputation as courteous people is important. You never know if you will bump into this person again

And the worst, is when we allow people to tell us to feedback us with a polite no thank you when we send our pics out, they don't even do it!!!!

"

Have you tried googly eyes on your penis?

My thoughts would be they might have loads of messages so yours got deleted with the lot and also you could up your game like those people whom you're trying to message. Be as hard to get as they are don't go dwelling into why they didn't reply and just forget about it. Just my opinion.

Derbyshire

"But the point is: we won't be rude in real life so why do it online?

"

But, in real life, I received 3 pieces of unsolicited mail from the postie today. When I just bin them, without even opening them, I guarantee neither Tesco, Laithwaites nor BT will be whinging because I didn't write them a polite 'no thanks'. Even in the 'real world' people accept no interest shows...er, no interest!

Sometimes the system just cant keep up in replying to all those messages..sometimes individuals just get so many that once they have fed off the thrill of receiving so much attention,well they just bulk delete ,feel better and tomorrow is another day..

Thanks everybody...i've took all of your advice into consideration...& no longer will i linger...its send & delete for me. If people reply great...if not then suppose thats ok too.

Suggest we end this thread

PA x

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury

"They have given you an answer, deleted message = not interested. Delete all your sent mail as soon as you've sent it then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. No point stressing about things out of your control, you'll either get a reply or you won't. "

This works for me to.

We believe that no response = No interest. says it that much more eloquently than some half hearted reply.

No reply? Then move on it wasn't meant to be.

"As for us we ALWAYS reply to any messages apart for the lazy and sleazy ones. We find it to be polite and common sense to reply to someone who has made the effort to write to us. Old fashion maybe? Just a polite "sorry but we will politely decline your offer" is better than a silence and take 10 seconds to write.

"

Totally agree with this. If I get a message with a face pic then I will reply to them, unless it's sleazy like you say.

So many men send out messages to get no response whatsoever, so the way I look at it is.. they've taken the time out to message me (after potentially sending loads with no response), so sending a polite response back does no harm.

I think for a man on here to send more than a sentence is a bonus, as sending profiles a message that refers back to said persons profile must take some work, especially if they have done it a lot in the past to just be told no thanks or delete.

Maybe im too polite...thoughts?

The FAQ says that a no reply should be treated as a polite 'no thank you'. I treat no replies as 'sorry Steve, we'd love to shag your and will next time we are available" - it makes for a happier fab experience. Ladies and couples on here get loads of messages and simply don't have time to respond to each one. Even if they did, the reply would generate more 'why not?' messages as nauseum.

Concentrate on those who do want to meet you "

Thank u Steve! This pretty much covers it!

I think if the well thought out message was sent by somebody who hasnt read your profile and doesnt match what your looking for (85% are on average) Im not gonna waste my time replying. The 15% who have read our profile always get a reply. Mostly no thanks but a reply

» Add a new message to this topic