FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Patronising names

Patronising names

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ecretlyASoftie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I messaged someone who I'm interested in meeting and going to the same club tonight. The response from him started with 'hey sweety' which immediately got my back up. I'm sure it's meant well but just sounds so patronising! He may think twice when he sees me dressed full Domme and 'tooled up' this evening - go on i dare you to call me sweety, bitch!!

Ladies, do you react like this?

Guys can you find more neutral ways to address us ladies please? If in doubt use the nickname on our profile!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I messaged someone who I'm interested in meeting and going to the same club tonight. The response from him started with 'hey sweety' which immediately got my back up. I'm sure it's meant well but just sounds so patronising! He may think twice when he sees me dressed full Domme and 'tooled up' this evening - go on i dare you to call me sweety, bitch!!

Guys can you find more neutral ways to address us ladies please? If in doubt use the nickname on our profile! "

women do it to men to, can't stand being called hun...

[Removed by poster at 11/09/15 19:14:26]

I don't mind being called sweety. A couple of men call me lovely. One 32 yr old calls me dear,it makes me feel so old but he's lovely so I don't mind. I don't take offence easily and I find things funny that other women would be angry about.

"I messaged someone who I'm interested in meeting and going to the same club tonight. The response from him started with 'hey sweety' which immediately got my back up. I'm sure it's meant well but just sounds so patronising! He may think twice when he sees me dressed full Domme and 'tooled up' this evening - go on i dare you to call me sweety, bitch!!

Guys can you find more neutral ways to address us ladies please? If in doubt use the nickname on our profile! "

Haha certainly not for the softies..Tooled up, fuck me..Funny that.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Nope, I think it's sweet!

I've no problem with sweety as a greeting.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

I often use Hun, Babe, Gorgeous, etc, in messages. I find a lot of nick names on here a little odd if I'm honest and actually feel quite weird addressing people by them, so terms like that just seem easier.

"Igo on i dare you to call me sweety, bitch!!

"

And if he does, what are you going to do about it?

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Sorry but I really do think some woman over react to some things at times, don't you realise that men do not think that much and women over think?

It's the same as the linkedin comment.

Deal with it by being an adult and coolly say 'terms of endearment are not my thing' or 'trust me I'm not the sweety you may think I am' and leave it at that!

I'm pretty sure he meant no offence, it's difficult as some people like all that, some don't, I think there's got to be a bit of a game and give and take on both sides until rules and likes / dislikes are established.

I don't particularly like being called 'Hun' but don't pull people up on it as I know it's not being said deliberately just because they know I don't like it!

I so wish I was coming tonight just to see the look on this guy's face when he sees you dressed up.

Saying that, I want to see you dressed up too

"Sorry but I really do think some woman over react to some things at times, don't you realise that men do not think that much and women over think?

It's the same as the linkedin comment.

Deal with it by being an adult and coolly say 'terms of endearment are not my thing' or 'trust me I'm not the sweety you may think I am' and leave it at that!"

I think such names are too familiar from people I haven't met and feel a little condescending. Once I get to know someone, I couldn't care less. In fact I've been called much worse by those who know me.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I don't mind these names if they are in the right context.

"I'm pretty sure he meant no offence, it's difficult as some people like all that, some don't, I think there's got to be a bit of a game and give and take on both sides until rules and likes / dislikes are established.

I don't particularly like being called 'Hun' but don't pull people up on it as I know it's not being said deliberately just because they know I don't like it! "

Hello hun

Sorry m'dear

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I dislike being called hun, darling, sweetie, babe etc gets my back up from the start!

When I point this out to them I get - so what should I call you then?

I guess it shows they didn't bother reading the profile as my name is right there, I didn't use a nick name, initial or a her. I used my name.

Nicky isn't that difficult to remember is it?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My profile when visible makes it clear I'm a Domme seeking subs. If I'm messaged hun, sweetie, babes etc I don't respond as they're obviously not sub.

Don't get annoyed, just don't waste my time.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I like them to use my Fab username. They can use my profile nickname once we are more familiar.

Once I get naked with them they can call me all sorts though. By then they'll know what ones to avoid.

I only like pet names from someone who knows me...

I got called Wee Girl by a customer at work and that ticked me the hell off !!

He soon shut up a when I set him straight ...

Went along the lines of...

I think I bypassed being a Wee Girl as im 40yrs old, have an 18yr old daughter and a 12yr old son..

Have my own house and pay my own bills..

Been married and divorced...

And legally became an adult at 18yrs which was 22yrs ago...

He soon apologised as he went bright red

I think this thread is quite ironic given your username...

"I only like pet names from someone who knows me...

I think I bypassed being a Wee Girl as im 40yrs old, have an 18yr old daughter and a 12yr old son..

He soon apologised as he went bright red "

So you threw a tantrum like a wee girl?

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I only like pet names from someone who knows me...

He soon apologised as he went bright red

So you threw a tantrum like a wee girl?"

Sometimes women over react!

And if he does, what are you going to do about it? "

I have various floggers paddles or canes to choose from. Strap on for the worst offenders. My preference is the flogger that leaves bitch imprinted into your arse...or wherever I hit

I call my people lovely or whatever but this is when I know them and genuinely mean it. Where someone doesn't know me I just find it patronising.

Guys can you find more neutral ways to address us ladies please? If in doubt use the nickname on our profile!

I so wish I was coming tonight just to see the look on this guy's face when he sees you dressed up.

Saying that, I want to see you dressed up too "

I'll post a pic for you later sugar tits

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I'll post a pic for you later sugar tits "

Haha!

And if he does, what are you going to do about it?

I have various floggers paddles or canes to choose from. Strap on for the worst offenders. My preference is the flogger that leaves bitch imprinted into your arse...or wherever I hit

I call my people lovely or whatever but this is when I know them and genuinely mean it. Where someone doesn't know me I just find it patronising. "

Depending on the guy, they might say that for a flogging

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

I think you just need to chillax Darlin'

Surely its about the context in which it's used.

If a word is used as a genuine term of endearment what's the harm in it?

Conversely if its used to belittle you or put you in your place you are quite right to get the arse

I tend to avoid the profiles that say "call me 'dear' and I'll cut your fucking heart out with a spoon and feed it to my Doberman"

Maybe he was trying to be nice?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i call people "flower" or "chicken" at times...

so which building am i likely to be hung from?

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

" The response from him started with 'hey sweety' "

Is that all. I just got this for a first message;

'Hi cupcake how are u? I didn't want to go all out pumpkin and call u sweetcheeks and all that cheese. coz I don't like all that jazz Is that ok with u honey drops?. Ok well I just thought I'd say hi candy pants & that I only called u cupcake ok sugar tits. Hope to hear from u my little love bug . Was going to say roses are red violets are blue iv got a knife get in the van lol I'm in ur area x '

"i call people "flower" or "chicken" at times...

so which building am i likely to be hung from? "

I've just realised I have called women lass, m'dear, miduck, and duck. However, I have also called guys m'dear, miduck, and duck I'm so useless

I think you just need to chillax Darlin' "

Bend over lovely, I know a great way to chillax

" The response from him started with 'hey sweety'

'Hi cupcake how are u? I didn't want to go all out pumpkin and call u sweetcheeks and all that cheese. coz I don't like all that jazz Is that ok with u honey drops?. Ok well I just thought I'd say hi candy pants & that I only called u cupcake ok sugar tits. Hope to hear from u my little love bug . Was going to say roses are red violets are blue iv got a knife get in the van lol I'm in ur area x '"

Omg, you totally should have and seen what he said in response

Careful! Suspension coming hide quick!

'Hi cupcake how are u? I didn't want to go all out pumpkin and call u sweetcheeks and all that cheese. coz I don't like all that jazz Is that ok with u honey drops?. Ok well I just thought I'd say hi candy pants & that I only called u cupcake ok sugar tits. Hope to hear from u my little love bug . Was going to say roses are red violets are blue iv got a knife get in the van lol I'm in ur area x '"

Oi it's against the rules to post my private message on the forum

Nobody knows my real name, not even guys i've been meeting for a year now, so i don't mind if they call me hun, babe or whatever. At least they're giving me some kind of name.

People i don't know i find it a bit patronising. Like they're getting personal straight away.

If you were brought up like me in the days we were expected to give up seats on buses etc we wouldn't consider it to be patronising. If however it is considered rude and could earn me a spanking hi sweety love darling babe etc!

I object to being called "cock juggling thundercunt". Anything else, I don't have a problem with.

'Hi cupcake how are u? I didn't want to go all out pumpkin and call u sweetcheeks and all that cheese. coz I don't like all that jazz Is that ok with u honey drops?. Ok well I just thought I'd say hi candy pants & that I only called u cupcake ok sugar tits. Hope to hear from u my little love bug . Was going to say roses are red violets are blue iv got a knife get in the van lol I'm in ur area x '

Oi it's against the rules to post my private message on the forum "

Earned us a suspension and we only quoted two words!

You must all hate me then, I call everyone chick, chicken, babe, hun, lovely etc etc

"I object to being called "cock juggling thundercunt". Anything else, I don't have a problem with."

Great profile name

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Just found a new one to add to the list ~ Little Girl

sorry think you are being far to sensitive

Hey sweety

"I'm pretty sure he meant no offence, it's difficult as some people like all that, some don't, I think there's got to be a bit of a game and give and take on both sides until rules and likes / dislikes are established.

I don't particularly like being called 'Hun' but don't pull people up on it as I know it's not being said deliberately just because they know I don't like it!

Hello hun "

oi cheeky!! Lol

Scotland - Aberdeen

Will you all become happy if men just say 'hello woman' and then start a conversation or will you then all become disheartened because they haven't made it personal?

Sometimes men just can not win! The world of PC has just gone to far! In my view women have just gone to far in their feminist views and the rest of us get tied into it.

By *aramelMINXWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I hate it when gus call ladies

Birds

"Will you all become happy if men just say 'hello woman' and then start a conversation or will you then all become disheartened because they haven't made it personal?

Sometimes men just can not win! The world of PC has just gone to far! In my view women have just gone to far in their feminist views and the rest of us get tied into it."

I agree and this site doesn't help because it unfortunately boosts the egos of some women who really don't deserve it

Newcastle and Gateshead

i'll have to go back to calling people "ohjamyflip" and "whatchamacallit"

unless anyone objects.....

I'm going to start all of my messages "greetings non-male, would you like to converse with a non-stereotypical gender non-specific human on politically correct subjects?"

My in-box is going to be overflowing

"Will you all become happy if men just say 'hello woman' and then start a conversation or will you then all become disheartened because they haven't made it personal?

Sometimes men just can not win! The world of PC has just gone to far! In my view women have just gone to far in their feminist views and the rest of us get tied into it."

Can I make further edits?

I think "woman, must beat chest, prove man to woman. Here photo cock with can of smell air. Woman must want man"

You think I might stand a chance with that?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I'm going to start all of my messages "greetings non-male, would you like to converse with a non-stereotypical gender non-specific human on politically correct subjects?"

My in-box is going to be overflowing "

Rock on using terms like that we don't mean to be rude!

im not a big fan of baby that irritates me sweety doesnt. its when they put it in every message it gets annoying please just call me vara.

saying that though i just ignore it cause i know nothings meant by it x

"I hate it when gus call ladies

Birds"

People call me a tit all the time

I'll post a pic for you later sugar tits "

Look forward to it

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am going back to something gender neutral in future...

i am going back to.....OI!!!! YOU!!! NOT YOU!!!! YOU!!! YEAH, YOU!!!!!

By *lle adie 2Woman  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

Hate Hun, chick, darling!!!!!

I hAve a name....

Only by can give me words of endearment

newcastle upon tyne

"Hate Hun, chick, darling!!!!!

I hAve a name....

Only by can give me words of endearment "

Bf

'Tooled up sweety' pic posted, enjoy it you cock juggling thundercunts

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I detest being called "hun" - I mean, I'm not even German FFS!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hate Hun, chick, darling!!!!!

I hAve a name....

Only by can give me words of endearment "

so your saying "oi" isn't a good enough response... man!! back to the drawing board!!!!

"'Tooled up sweety' pic posted, enjoy it you cock juggling thundercunts "

Very nice sweet stuff, I've fabbed your delicate little bottom out of that pic treacle!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I detest being called "hun" - I mean, I'm not even German FFS! "

are you a pole valter..... no i am austrian but how did you know my name was walter!!!

I'm here all week... try the veal

By *ark074Man  over a year ago

nottingham

"I object to being called "cock juggling thundercunt". Anything else, I don't have a problem with.

Great profile name "

Maybe it could replace cum slut as the latest thing to write on your body in lipstick

I've been a very, very bad boy

even slapper can be nicely used..aww ma fave slapper

Newcastle and Gateshead

"even slapper can be nicely used..aww ma fave slapper"

i'm old school... i was trying to bring back "wench"....

Hey hun, so what's so wrong with pet names, sweetie?

I think they're great darlin!

Cheers babes

By *he horny kinkstersCouple  over a year ago

North West

Aye aye, there's some touchy burds in tonight.

Calm down sweetcheeks and pop the kettle on, there's a good girl.

newcastle upon tyne

Well darling, I've told this babe that you're my Hun and no chick or darling can take me away from you

nottingham

If some bird walked up to me dressed like that, I'd just think "You daft bint!"

"im not a big fan of baby that irritates me sweety doesnt. its when they put it in every message it gets annoying please just call me vara.

saying that though i just ignore it cause i know nothings meant by it x"

I've had women have a go at me for using their name too much

You aint gonna drive to the club like that are you???

What happens if you break down and have to call the AA? How are you gonna stand behind the barrier on the hard shoulder?

The M25 will be bloody carnage!!!!!

Fuck it for equalities sake I shall now simply refer to everyone male or female as mate.

"Fuck it for equalities sake I shall now simply refer to everyone male or female as mate."

I ain't your bloody mate

"Fuck it for equalities sake I shall now simply refer to everyone male or female as mate.

I ain't your bloody mate "

That depends on if I can find the chloroform

nottingham

As a kid, I used to love watching Thundercunts on children's BBC. The sexy lady ones were my fave. Rawrrr, Thundercunts are go!

By *ugatits76Woman  over a year ago

somewhere over the rainbow

"Just found a new one to add to the list ~ Little Girl "

I've just had a message calling me little girl too. Probably same guy

nottingham

"Just found a new one to add to the list ~ Little Girl

I've just had a message calling me little girl too. Probably same guy "

I've found some quite respond to being called "young lady"

hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion

Get real people 'Hi member of the opposite sex who I wish not to offend fancy a fuck?' is far too many words to write and then copy and paste for the average fab member

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion "

Nothing makes my dick shrink like a woman who uses the word daddy in the bedroom.

Soo unsexy

I don't like sweetie much, or 'hunny'.

I HATE when girls call me hen though.

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion

Nothing makes my dick shrink like a woman who uses the word daddy in the bedroom.

Soo unsexy "

Oh god yes, except it's being called mummy in my case. Creeps me out big time.

By *ou212Woman  over a year ago

Egremont

I really do not think its patronising and to be honest women are the worse for it arrrrrggghhhhh - Hun or hunny.

In my opinion terms of endearment should only be used to people who you know so basically family or friends, however I am not a fan of terms of endearment so I do not use them and hate them being used on me.

"'Tooled up sweety' pic posted, enjoy it you cock juggling thundercunts

Very nice sweet stuff, I've fabbed your delicate little bottom out of that pic treacle! "

Now I'm thinking about having treacle licked off my bottom...

"'Tooled up sweety' pic posted, enjoy it you cock juggling thundercunts

You aint gonna drive to the club like that are you???

What happens if you break down and have to call the AA? How are you gonna stand behind the barrier on the hard shoulder?

The M25 will be bloody carnage!!!!!"

Everywhere I go is carnage, why should the M25 be any different?!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Generally I don't mind, like when you're out and about and called 'love' etc. They're meaning to be somewhat affectionate - that's my perception.

But 4 or 5 word messages, where 2 of them are babe and hun just grate due to the poor way to state fancy a fuck, when a more involved message could have worked.

U gd bbs, fuck now hun? Is no better.

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion "
we are in a place where pervs are cultivated men and women ,bottom line is guys always remember women always over think things and move the goal posts ,a compliment is sometimes an irritation to some women ,be nice be real or be blocked hehe

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion we are in a place where pervs are cultivated men and women ,bottom line is guys always remember women always over think things and move the goal posts ,a compliment is sometimes an irritation to some women ,be nice be real or be blocked hehe "

I opt for be an idiot

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion

Soo unsexy

Oh god yes, except it's being called mummy in my case. Creeps me out big time."

Once had a woman refer to herself as mummy in bed.

How do you do the vom smiley?

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion we are in a place where pervs are cultivated men and women ,bottom line is guys always remember women always over think things and move the goal posts ,a compliment is sometimes an irritation to some women ,be nice be real or be blocked hehe

I opt for be an idiot "

hey you achieved it

"hmm young lady is not so bad....little girl just sounds a bit pervy to me but that's just my opinion we are in a place where pervs are cultivated men and women ,bottom line is guys always remember women always over think things and move the goal posts ,a compliment is sometimes an irritation to some women ,be nice be real or be blocked hehe

I opt for be an idiot hey you achieved it "

It took years of practice

Cheeky get

I opt for be an idiot hey you achieved it

It took years of practice

Cheeky get "

practice makes perfect

Soo unsexy

Oh god yes, except it's being called mummy in my case. Creeps me out big time.

Once had a woman refer to herself as mummy in bed.

How do you do the vom smiley?"

"im not a big fan of baby that irritates me sweety doesnt. its when they put it in every message it gets annoying please just call me vara.

saying that though i just ignore it cause i know nothings meant by it xI've had women have a go at me for using their name too much "

I had a potential meet from another site use my real name at the end of every sentence. It put me off so much. I ended up saying sorry, I'm not interested anymore.

I really don't like hun, sweetie etc from total strangers. I'm more relaxed about such things once I know someone better.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"even slapper can be nicely used..aww ma fave slapper

i'm old school... i was trying to bring back "wench".... "

Now that I do like

Tooled up - this made me belly laugh wish I was there to see his face x

can put up with most things but sweety makes me cringe

I use honeybunch a lot which I abbreviate to hun and have been asked certainly by my ex why I called her hun my reply was after Attila

I'm going to start using the term "Yo Bitch"

I'm going to use it on women as well

"I'm going to start using the term "Yo Bitch"

I'm going to use it on women as well"

Yo bitch I caught you perving my hard nipple this morning

Yo bitch I caught you perving my hard nipple this morning "

Yo Bitch it wasn't the only thing that was hard

This is clearly personal preference being called babe by anyone even people I know well puts my teeth on edge but not really bothered by any other terms of endearment will happily answer to oi you bitch x

"Tooled up - this made me belly laugh wish I was there to see his face x"

He said he 'didn't see me' - fuck me you could hardly miss me tooled up with Colin the cock so prominent and doing rope bondage demos! Me thinks he wasn't there or intimidated. I sound bad but I'm lovely really. Honestly

Yo bitch I caught you perving my hard nipple this morning

Yo Bitch it wasn't the only thing that was hard "

Don't believe you. I need proof. In person.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm going to use it on women as well"

I tend to answer my phone to people I know with a hearty "Yo, Bitch!". Unless it's my mum.

I tend to answer my phone to people I know with a hearty "Yo, Bitch!". Unless it's my mum."

And then you say Yo Motherf....maybe not

^^^haha that's just made me giggle OP

I tend to answer my phone to people I know with a hearty "Yo, Bitch!". Unless it's my mum."

I'm going to start using that with sales calls "Yo Bitch, sell me some'ting or I'm gonna bust a cap in yo ass"

By *TFSeventyMan  over a year ago

Weybridge

Just to confirm Not for Softies was definitely tooled up last night. So much so she was struggling to do up her bag at the end. Upset at your peril !!!

» Add a new message to this topic