FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Initiating conversations.

Initiating conversations.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tallionExotica OP   Man  over a year ago

Islington

There's the old adage custom of a man always initiating a conversation instead of the woman.

But in today's time and age, do you feel that tradition should be foregone?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the men initiating the conversations all the time now. Can we see it happening from both sides or do people still expect that a man should initiate a conversation all the time?

We are after all, living in ever-changing times.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice (& flattering) when a lady takes the initiative and breaks the ice. Takes away that horrible feeling that your own stumbling approach, would crash and burn.

I'm usually too shy to intiate a conversation. That's probably why the confident, outgoing, chatty types really float my boat.

Either can and should initiate, probably more to do with the confidence and imagination of the person starting the conversation than their sex.

By *acLe0dMan  over a year ago

Preston

In the 21st century it shouldn't matter who initiates contact. Both genders can have people who are less outgoing than others. But perhaps one way to look at it is when a person who is shy/less confident initates contact they must feell that the other person is special enough to overcome those traits.

I find that when I try and initiate contact on here it tends to be ignored / deleted / blocked (or combination thereof)

Much prefer to be contacted on the (bloody rare) occasions it happens - always nice to see that inbox icon light up unexpectedly

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I would initiate a conversation with a man I was interested in both here and in real life but when I was younger I wouldn't have. I agree it shouldn't matter who starts a conversation, it's how it ends

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

i like it to be so easy, no one remembered who initiated what. i guess thats what you call a connection...

"i like it to be so easy, no one remembered who initiated what. i guess thats what you call a connection...

"

That is also a pleasant option - accidental encounters and conversation starters, which take you by surprise but evolve into something more.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Bollox!

But then I'm lazy, never make first contact and retain the power to say "well you came to me".

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Bollox!

But then I'm lazy, never make first contact and retain the power to say "well you came to me".

"

Hey Joe! Wotcha doin' with that gun in your hand?

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Bollox!

Hey Joe! Wotcha doin' with that gun in your hand? "

Rumbled!

» Add a new message to this topic