FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS

LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackrose OP   Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

Can any-one explain to me,how,if any-one uses their pictures,in say,OUTER MONGOLIA (or any where,in the world),the inhibitive cost,of taking some-one to court,because,their picture has be used. Is'nt the statement,on many people's profile,a complete waste of time?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it's all a pile of shite...

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Can any-one explain to me,how,if any-one uses their pictures,in say,OUTER MONGOLIA (or any where,in the world),the inhibitive cost,of taking some-one to court,because,their picture has be used. Is'nt the statement,on many people's profile,a complete waste of time? "
. Completely agree . These statements are meaningless . Even in the UK it would new too expensive to take someone to court , and in any event all you would do would be to generate more publicity .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, a case of sheep following...

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A waste of server space.

"it's all a pile of shite..."

I quite often look at a profile and think people just add that in to make their profile look longer or more intelligent its a put off to me

I block people with it I would not want to meet people with su h low intelligence

"I block people with it I would not want to meet people with su h low intelligence"

Same here. I wouldn't want to waste my time meeting somebody who is daft enough to think those warnings have any meanings.

Just useless clutter... especially when the warning is longer than the actual profile content!

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Can any-one explain to me,how,if any-one uses their pictures,in say,OUTER MONGOLIA (or any where,in the world),the inhibitive cost,of taking some-one to court,because,their picture has be used. Is'nt the statement,on many people's profile,a complete waste of time? . Completely agree . These statements are meaningless . Even in the UK it would new too expensive to take someone to court , and in any event all you would do would be to generate more publicity ."

totally agree x

Life's too short

Totally agree also. Where and why did it start?

If some one was doing a real study then the results might be interesting.

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

its just to pad out a profile

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

There are no legal ramifications. UK law says if you send someone an image, or make an image available to other people then you are giving it to them as a 'gift' and on that basis they own it and can do with it as they please.

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I block people with it I would not want to meet people with su h low intelligence

Same here. I wouldn't want to waste my time meeting somebody who is daft enough to think those warnings have any meanings.

Just useless clutter... especially when the warning is longer than the actual profile content!

"

. My thoughts exactly though I did not post that in case some people thought it was condescending . It displays a lack of intelligence posting such a disclaimer and fab ask you not to do it as it wastes server space .

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

"Can any-one explain to me,how,if any-one uses their pictures,in say,OUTER MONGOLIA (or any where,in the world),the inhibitive cost,of taking some-one to court,because,their picture has be used. Is'nt the statement,on many people's profile,a complete waste of time? "

It turns out I'm quite popular in Outer Mongolia. They used a pic of my arse without my permission to advertise Coca-Cola, but hey what can you do! I don't see the connection myself, but by all accounts Coke sales are up 90%!

Anyone who has it on their profile needs kicked off the site as they're obviously sadly deluded!

By *nknownCallerMan  over a year ago

Bath

"I block people with it I would not want to meet people with su h low intelligence"

Lack of Internet savvy does not mean low intelligence.

It just shows people have not read the profile advice from admin. The FAQs page etc.

Anyone who thinks Australian Students have nothing better to do than steal badly taken pics of Lardy arsed middle aged guys must need their heads tested.

Anyone with this bollocks on your profile please delete.

Or maybe admin could automatically do this?

"it's all a pile of shite...

I quite often look at a profile and think people just add that in to make their profile look longer or more intelligent its a put off to me "

ditto

Makes me laugh...has anyone ever tried to instruct a law firm to act for them for any form of litigation...will cost you at least 10k to get the case up and running...

I remember when I was at university we did actually do a study which was based on an internet dating site (not this one mind you!) but we obviously never used the photos. It was more a write up on the type of words on the profile. So I agree it's useless really.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

I don't think having the disclaimer on your profile necessarily shows low intelligence. Some people obviously have it on there as a bit of a joke. Sure if they're being serious then it is little strange.

There's a million and one other things on a profile though that will turn me off someone!

Its a scam type thing that started on Facebook (not Sydney University, but a similar notice)

Any university study would need fully referenced material and fully signed consent forms from everyone involved to be valid, so it sounds totally bogus to us!

It's also not just the cost / difficultly of taking someone to court, it's that the case law on copyright of this kind hasn't yet been established properly and we all ticked a terms and conditions box when signing up to here anyway, which I'm sure would have a copyright disclaimer notice of some kind! The site would need to make them comply with the law and protect themselves.

On your deathbed, are you really going to worry that fab will use your cock pictures? Probably not. Get over it.

By *xoticloverMan  over a year ago

newcastle

I quite often look at a profile and think people just add that in to make their profile look longer or more intelligent its a put off to me

ditto"

Or may be to scare ignorant people

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Anyone who has it on their profile needs kicked off the site as they're obviously sadly deluded! "

Wisbech and A47 corridor

I quite often look at a profile and think people just add that in to make their profile look longer or more intelligent its a put off to me "

. A good post

"Lack of Internet savvy does not mean low intelligence."

Here is the voice of real intelligence. In my opinion anyway

Absolutely, it's meaningless.

"it's all a pile of shite..."

"Lack of Internet savvy does not mean low intelligence."

I agree although I do find it off putting xx

"There are no legal ramifications. UK law says if you send someone an image, or make an image available to other people then you are giving it to them as a 'gift' and on that basis they own it and can do with it as they please."

I doubt that is correct. If someone sends you a personal picture which is clearly potentially embarrassing and compromising, I don't think you are entitled to publish it to the world. I don't know if this has been tested in case law yet, but I wouldn't think a jury would regard distributing a sexual picture sent to you in private as being a reasonable thing to do.

"There are no legal ramifications. UK law says if you send someone an image, or make an image available to other people then you are giving it to them as a 'gift' and on that basis they own it and can do with it as they please.

I doubt that is correct. If someone sends you a personal picture which is clearly potentially embarrassing and compromising, I don't think you are entitled to publish it to the world. I don't know if this has been tested in case law yet, but I wouldn't think a jury would regard distributing a sexual picture sent to you in private as being a reasonable thing to do. "

Recent legislation....doing so maliciously is a specific offence.....

But NOT when the pic has been posted on a web site...which basically has public access!

"There are no legal ramifications. UK law says if you send someone an image, or make an image available to other people then you are giving it to them as a 'gift' and on that basis they own it and can do with it as they please.

I doubt that is correct. If someone sends you a personal picture which is clearly potentially embarrassing and compromising, I don't think you are entitled to publish it to the world. I don't know if this has been tested in case law yet, but I wouldn't think a jury would regard distributing a sexual picture sent to you in private as being a reasonable thing to do.

Recent legislation....doing so maliciously is a specific offence.....

But NOT when the pic has been posted on a web site...which basically has public access!"

Sure, if a pic is publicly accessible you are essentially broadcasting it. Not sure if someone is entitled to use it for commercial purposes though without permission.

I've had my best fucks with guys who have this on their profile.

» Add a new message to this topic