FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Why do people read messages and not reply or don't even read them

Why do people read messages and not reply or don't even read them

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's all in the heading just wanted some opinions on this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Sheer volume in some cases I would say

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because they're not obligated to

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

near cardiff

Cause loads are shit,and from mingers you wouldn't piss on let alone fuck...

Also if you got over a thousand messages a week how is it physically possible to even answer them all?

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Because they can

"Cause loads are shit,and from mingers you wouldn't piss on let alone fuck...

Also if you got over a thousand messages a week how is it physically possible to even answer them all?

"

I'd piss on them

Cos they can... They maybe not interested... 100s of messages.... The list is endless if your mail is deleted it will be a no thanks yournot what tthey looking for.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Because many like us view the profile before opening a message and if there's no interest in the sender just leave it/delete.

Time is a precious commodity.

A

All sorts of reasons

mainly some are just not worth answering

I fully understand your comments I find it odd when friends do it what's the point of being friends if they don't reply?

Fab also automatically delete unread messages after a while, this is often the case with me !

It's sometimes hard to reply to all messages and those profiles with no pics I wouldn't entertain anyway

Happy Wednesday x

I had been wondering if fab did this and happy Wednesday to you x

"I had been wondering if fab did this and happy Wednesday to you x"

They do indeed

I always used to reply to people who fit what I was looking for even if they wasn't my type with a polite no thanks

I don't reply to people who are outside my age range, couple or women or people asking to come to my house, straight men after 3sums etc because my profile clearly states that's not what I'm looking for and I can't be arsed sending dozens of messages a day to people who wouldn't have mailed me in the first place if they had read and respected what I am looking for

However not everyone can take a polite no thanks and some get quite abusive so I just stopped replying to everyone I wasn't interested in, I'm simply not prepared to be told I'm a fat ugly cunt they didn't like anyway by every guy to takes offence by the words no thanks, I'm an adult I'm not putting up with such childish behaviour

People moan if you don't reply but a lot get abusive if you do if they don't like what your saying

Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Solihull

"I fully understand your comments I find it odd when friends do it what's the point of being friends if they don't reply? "

Just unfriend them (unless the lady has naughty hot sexy private pics)

Life's to short so I would be looking elsewhere.

Were you messaging and getting replies regularly and then it stopped all of a sudden ?

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Sheer volume of messages and also the fact that most times you give a no, including a reason, the other person starts a chain of correspondence trying to show that your no should be a yes.

Yes all chatting then read them and it stops it's also the case some can't take a no thanks but I can't see the why some get arsed with a no thanks christ if we all liked the same thing it would get very boring

"I fully understand your comments I find it odd when friends do it what's the point of being friends if they don't reply? "

Timing sometimes in my case at least just because I've logged on doesn't meant I wish to insta answer at that moment.

Since we now have the "mark unread" I use that function. Seems to be easier than showing as read.

Solihull

If its got to the point on fab that you are turning women away with a polite no thanks, we should be asking you for advice and not the other way around

Thanks for all your comments I suppose it's like fishing hang your worm out and see what bites lol

Just can't be arsed especially when it says not meeting single males and yet we get loads each day from them

Unless the avatar grabs me with a catchy heading I don't I open......prefer to search myself and message.....I have a rule no cocks lol no one on my friends list has a cock shot as an avatar as find them A stupid and B a turn off

I wish it was its the other way round lol

Ah might change my pic then

I'd piss on them "

I won't even open a message unless person has a face avatar or has attached photos.

Some people are happy to accept anyone as friends. I know as a newbie I certainly did however I now regularly declutter my friend list. Perhaps in the meantime of talking to the person OP you've said or done something they don't like?

"It's all in the heading just wanted some opinions on this"

Do you reply to all the spam emails or flyers that you receive?

Not every can put a face pic publicly as they may have important jobs etc

Yes I even reply to guys when my profile states I'm not looking for them maybe I'm just to polite lol

Profile pics speak volumes....Messages from anyone with a Cock and/or pussy pics will instantly be deleated... Shows little imagination and a huge turn off for us.

As already said time is precious.

"Yes I even reply to guys when my profile states I'm not looking for them maybe I'm just to polite lol"

Would you still reply to them all if you got 50+ a day?

"Unless the avatar grabs me with a catchy heading I don't I open......prefer to search myself and message.....I have a rule no cocks lol no one on my friends list has a cock shot as an avatar as find them A stupid and B a turn off "

I get around 100-200 messages a day. If I were to reply or read all of them I'd need to hire a PA.

I'm known to ignore or take ages replying to real friends texts/messages, let alone answer all the messages sent by 'friends' on fabswingers

S x

Are you actually friends? Or did you click a button on a website that said 'be my friend'?

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"It's all in the heading just wanted some opinions on this"

Because the messages are usual from guys with loads of cock pictures, can't accommodate and short profiles....

If your profile is any indication I would guess you're likely sending cock pictures with short messages, all in all very bland and unoriginal.

Read the support section for profile and messages advice.

Good luck.

By *neplusserMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I get around 100-200 messages a day. If I were to reply or read all of them I'd need to hire a PA. "

If the PA looked anything close to you, you'd also need a PA for the PA. This could go on and on! Infact you could single handedly drag the UK economy back up through fab messages.

I vote Biscotti for PM!

By *nknownCallerMan  over a year ago

Bath

I got 'Barked' at recently for apparently emailing someone for the 3rd time, in as many months

Was told that when they read & delete it means they're not interested

What I discovered was, she's one of the brigade who create a new profile every few weeks & obviously I wasn't aware it was her

Shit profile or boring message.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Since we now have the "mark unread" I use that function. Seems to be easier than showing as read.

"

I did that once and the guy went nuts. He must have just been constantly refreshing his sent box.

Because a lot of profiles are fake.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Yes I even reply to guys when my profile states I'm not looking for them maybe I'm just to polite lol"

You need to be careful - there's a woman on here who runs out of messages doing that.

Because we are too busy talking nonsense on the forums to actually bother using the site for its purpose ie swinging with people

"Since we now have the "mark unread" I use that function. Seems to be easier than showing as read.

I did that once and the guy went nuts. He must have just been constantly refreshing his sent box."

Lol, same here. Literally marked it unread as soon as i read it. He asked me why so i blocked him, found it creepy he had time to notice what i was doing.

"I get around 100-200 messages a day. If I were to reply or read all of them I'd need to hire a PA.

If the PA looked anything close to you, you'd also need a PA for the PA. This could go on and on! Infact you could single handedly drag the UK economy back up through fab messages.

I vote Biscotti for PM! "

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I often "mark as unread" messages I receive that I actually do intend to reply to when I don't have the time to think of what I want to say - it reminds me I've got to do it and it means it doesn't look like I've just discarded it by reading and deleting without a reply.

I have realised I can't just reply and tell people I'm not interested anymore though as they just don't listen lol

Because you sometimes know that if even if your reply is a nice no thanks there is a chance of abuse so we prefer to not answer messages that don't interest us,

And if the person sends a second message before you have replied they tend to be the people to avoid anyway.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

We have only joined this site recently having been on others for a long time, we have had a lot of messages which is great, but a lot come from single guys who dont have any photo's when we specifically ask for a pic to be attached to any message of their face/ body, clothed is fine, we all know what bits look like, most dont bother or just a cock pic and a one line message like "well hung want to fuck" well why they think they are going to get a response is beyond me. Had a long message the other day which was witty, sexy and interesting, we are meeting the guy sat night. Put the effort in guys and get rewards

I like your reply best although every other comment made valid points as I previously said everyone is different and it's like fishing might be time to clear the friend list a bit and redo pics and profile thanks everyone

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Cos most arent what i state im looking for and thats my choice,just as its their choice to still message.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

If they dont have a face pic or are out of our age range we delete, if they are just one liners we delete, if they are interesting we wait untill we are both at home togeteher which could be a couple of days due to work patterns, we then either reply or delete accordingly. On MrsH single profile it would be a full time job replying to them as she can get 50+ a day!

If someone clearly hasn't read my profile properly then I just delete the message, for example, people outside my age preference. If someone fits my preferences but they just don't appeal to me then I will reply with a 'thanks but no thanks' type message.

I did that once and the guy went nuts. He must have just been constantly refreshing his sent box."

lol yeah it's happened, it does help sometimes though.

you just can't win some days

"Thanks for all your comments I suppose it's like fishing hang your worm out and see what bites lol"

Sums it up quite well really and stop worry or trying figure out about the ones that don't.

Because most of those we get are from Blokes which means they havnt even read the first line of the Profile which makes them Twats plus at least 90% of those dont acknowledge that we are a Couple which makes them Daft Twats=Delete n Block.

Gimp

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"

This, except I can do it with about 20 messages a week

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

You can usually tell from the few words of the preview whether this is a person/ message you want to engage with.

There's no need to go further.

I'd say we get one or two messages per week that stand out from the rest but the majority of them are just one liners or closed comments. "You've got big tits" is the most common one but most people don't even bother reading our profile as we don't swap at all.

By *reedy_for_funCouple  over a year ago

My House

Don't answer/delete:

One liners

Messages written in txt speak

Wrong age range

When we advertise a meet for couples we delete single guy messages if they are hoping to join in the meet

When we advertise a meet for BBC it's amazing how many white guys answer so we delete those

Meet now? messages because we never can

etc

etc

Because fab is a womans world, they get millions of emails aday

» Add a new message to this topic