FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > do verifications actully mean much ???

do verifications actully mean much ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

have your say ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I think they are useful to gauge if someone is actually doing what they say they are in the profile. If they haven't had a veri in 6+ months it makes me a little suspicious

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/04/15 14:29:04]

yes and no I guess we would always give folk a go if we like them veri or not

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

We find them useful tbh, and we presume ours are for people wondering if we are worth getting in contact with.

Its like a job reference, if someone has a recieved a short "nice people" veri, our guess is that they are not. Lol.

I only decide to meet someone if I like their verifications and the ones they have left for others and prefer them to be recent ones.

Not that bothered by their content. For us we take it as the people about whom they are written turned up to meet the writer. Nothing more.

They hopefully mean they are real and that's as far as it goes for us. The rest we find out ourselves by chatting/messaging them.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

For us it's a gauge of they are who they say they are (if it's a couple they are actually a couple rather than a single guy), and if they sound like the kind of people we'd get on with.

After that it's down to chatting etc to see if there's a mutual interest before proceeding to a meet

Yes they do .

Just check peeps are verified so that we know they are real and turn up.

We make our own mind up after that.

We like to leave verifications as a compliment to the nice people we have met

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

They usually mean that the person is real...although not always, of course. But they are a helpful gauge.

Beyond that, we prefer to find out for ourselves.

"I think they are useful to gauge if someone is actually doing what they say they are in the profile. If they haven't had a veri in 6+ months it makes me a little suspicious"

Why? I work away all summer and often go six months without a fab meet....many of us hunt away from fab too.......fab adds to a sex life, its not the only way most of us meet.

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

I view them and find them helpfull at times

first time i joined (2yrs ago) all i wanted was to get veried!

now i see em as nothing more than green flags. they lost ANY value to me when i showed a fwb how to join last year and within minutes she was offered a meet veri. "it will give you cred!" the guy said!

Since then i have found out "straight" guys meet bi men to get a veri then open a female account and veri that!!

So lost all value to me and i have met off here with those who do not require or want a veri. So of no value to me and if i miss the odd meet because i'm not veried, i'll cope.

However if i was part of a couple i may change that approach

I make my own mind up about people.

We keep losing ours as meet people with no verification and then they leave... Honestly we are not hiding them in the basement lol

Verifications we use and can be useful. If a single lady has been on ages with no verification we are pretty sure it's a guy x

Does everyone need verifications from previous lovers of potential partners when they meet away from fab?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I never read people's veris, I look to see if they have any, when the last one was, if they are meet or webcam and lastly if it is the same person writting veri after veri, pissing up the lamp post kinda thing. I don't read the actual content as they all seem to be pretty similar. Great person, suckable cock (!) don't let this one pass you by and treat them with respect

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We as a club like verifications especially for single guys as we check what other people have said about the people and if they are respectful etc.

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"I never read people's veris, I look to see if they have any, when the last one was, if they are meet or webcam and lastly if it is the same person writting veri after veri, pissing up the lamp post kinda thing. I don't read the actual content as they all seem to be pretty similar. Great person, suckable cock (!) don't let this one pass you by and treat them with respect "

I totally agree with this.

Somebody earlier in the thread said they make up their own mind....well you can do that once the verification has at least proved that they're real...what is said in the verification is largely immaterial.

By *ink and SmileCouple  over a year ago

Telford

Yes as not keen to meet people who have met people we have previously met.

No they are not, just cos they got veris, doesn't mean they are gonna meet us lol

"Yes as not keen to meet people who have met people we have previously met."

How come?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Yes as not keen to meet people who have met people we have previously met."

I have no problem with meeting people who played with the same people I have.

I often get recommendations from friends, you will like this guy. Quite often they are right

"Yes as not keen to meet people who have met people we have previously met.

How come?"

I wondered that too....

By *randnew23sumsCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"I think they are useful to gauge if someone is actually doing what they say they are in the profile. If they haven't had a veri in 6+ months it makes me a little suspicious"

Our last verification was over a year ago but we are still looking to meet people. We use fab as an addition to our sex life. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't meet someone for another year either.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I'm nosy and always have a good read of them .

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

We have a skim read, to check if they are for actual meets - none of this cam shit. But that's it.

They're a part of the tool box along with judgement, intuition, communication and lust! The content isn't that important unless they're a graphic blow by blow account, which can put us off, although it's not the verified who have much control over that...are they who they portray themselves as, have they turned up previously, are they purely social meets or cam verifications? They're also a good way of seeing who someone has already met, do they seem to have a type, are we it? One thing that does sometimes make us wary are people saying they only meet one group of people ie. Couples, but only have verifications from another group, usually single men...It makes us wonder if they're consistent or that they'll meet just anyone if they can't get what they're supposedly looking for...or maybe they've just changed their preferences and we find that out by talking with them...it's all part of the selection process for us

"They hopefully mean they are real and that's as far as it goes for us. The rest we find out ourselves by chatting/messaging them. "

Agreed! For me, as a single fem, if they have several verifications then I'm more confident that they're safe to meet! I've had no problems on fab - but had one or two awful experiences in the online dating world! It's the verification process on fab - and the safe environment in clubs - that matters to me most!

By *itTVlondonTV/TS  over a year ago

London

I prefer to see veris and get concerned if potential visitors have no veris at all despite being on here ages. But I screen in different ways so no veris does not totally exclude a meet.

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We did have a single guy who came here one night, although he had no veri's he had been on the site for over a year, however, when he did come along he was such a nice and good looking guy who had obviously just been overlooked so its still worth checking out people who are not verified but obviously not on your own and in an unsafe place..

By *mandaboundTV/TS  over a year ago

Newton Le Willows

They are a useful indicator but not the be all and end all. Someone at some point has to get their first

By *jandjbCouple  over a year ago

Nr Manchester

We often don't expect or provide verifications for people we meet more than once; at least not every time.

However ou can actually tell quite a lot from verifications, and the verifications of the people doing the verification. However agree with the response that they are only a tool.

Him

Cambridge

"I think they are useful to gauge if someone is actually doing what they say they are in the profile. If they haven't had a veri in 6+ months it makes me a little suspicious

Why? I work away all summer and often go six months without a fab meet....many of us hunt away from fab too.......fab adds to a sex life, its not the only way most of us meet. "

It's just the way we work it. I just said it makes me more suspicious, not that I would rule out a meet because of it. If they haven't had a meet in a long time it COULD be that the couple have split, but Mr is still using the account. So if we were going to play we would probably do a Skype chat before. If they have recent veris, from other verified people, we might skip this step.

It seems swinging is more about seeing who has and gets the most veris lol

I don't always read what they say, I just use them to try and work out if they are real people and not fakes,

Follow the veri trail

Cambridge

"It seems swinging is more about seeing who has and gets the most veris lol "

I don't agree, but you can't Swing with a fake profile....

"It seems swinging is more about seeing who has and gets the most veris lol "

It does seem that way these days. It was, I thought, just a way to say the person was who they said they were and were genuine. Now it seems some are totally obsessed with getting them like its some sort of badge of honour. I never read them, some are just way too graphic and I prefer to make my own mind up about a person, not go on what a total stranger has said.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"have your say ??"

Only needed for single blokes really. No one cares when you are a female or a (genuine) couple.

"It seems swinging is more about seeing who has and gets the most veris lol

I don't agree, but you can't Swing with a fake profile.... "

So what your saying everyone who is not verified is fake? What do you class as fake?

It does seem that way these days. It was, I thought, just a way to say the person was who they said they were and were genuine. Now it seems some are totally obsessed with getting them like its some sort of badge of honour. I never read them, some are just way too graphic and I prefer to make my own mind up about a person, not go on what a total stranger has said. "

YEs that's right its more of a badge of honour these days. How I see it as is you dont need a veri to show your genuine, many do get missed and them who looking for a veri might miss their perfect match cos they don't got a veri. The only thing you really need is to be foto verified.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I don't like graphic ones and if someone left me one like that I wouldn't display it.

I love the social ones, they make me chuckle every time I read them.

On other peoples profiles they are only a small piece of the many things I look for when deciding wether to meet someone.

I don't give them much notice. Had verified people go quiet when it is time to meet as well as unverified.

"I don't like graphic ones and if someone left me one like that I wouldn't display it.

I love the social ones, they make me chuckle every time I read them.

On other peoples profiles they are only a small piece of the many things I look for when deciding wether to meet someone. "

Seeing graphic ones puts me right off. I am not hoping for veris that give blow by blow (pun) accounts of my liaisons and do not give them to others.

"I don't give them much notice. Had verified people go quiet when it is time to meet as well as unverified. "

Exactly. It doesn't guarantee anything. I've seen status updates naming people as time wasters yet when you look, they're very well verified. I've had great meets with unverified people and been mucked around by verified people. I treat them with a pinch of salt and make my own mind up.

Cambridge

I don't agree, but you can't Swing with a fake profile.... So what your saying everyone who is not verified is fake? What do you class as fake? "

We only play with couples so I never really look at single men or women. The kind of profiles I am talking about are usually 25-35, non-smoker, with a really hot woman in the pics, some of them dating back more than a year, but no verifications. Have you ever seen a profile like that? So either it is a bloke pretending to be a couple, or it might be a genuine couple, but they are not actually interested in swinging.

I don't agree, but you can't Swing with a fake profile.... So what your saying everyone who is not verified is fake? What do you class as fake?

We only play with couples so I never really look at single men or women. The kind of profiles I am talking about are usually 25-35, non-smoker, with a really hot woman in the pics, some of them dating back more than a year, but no verifications. Have you ever seen a profile like that? So either it is a bloke pretending to be a couple, or it might be a genuine couple, but they are not actually interested in swinging. "

YEs I have as well seen them kind of pics and you are right or they just wanna be there so thy can get to the top fabbed.

Don't mind giving them but don't like having them really.Makes some people jealous as they think you should be exclusive to them.We had one on a different site who stalked our friends who had given us verification.

I'd trust verifcations as much as I'd trust someones credit score.......

only as good at the time and is no prediction of what will happen in the future.....

Only true gauge is to meet and go from there........but only my view of course.

No. Total bollocks.

I only used veris as a guide that someone us what they say they are (single fem etc) and I do tend to cross ref a few (I'm sure we've all caught fakes out like that). No bothered about the content - he fucks like a rabbit blah blah.

» Add a new message to this topic