FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > conventions

conventions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Hi guys,

I hear a lot (not on here) about great American conventions like CatalystCon and Open SF. I was wondering if anyone know of something even vaguely similar in the UK?

(CatalystCon is a conference created to inspire exceptional conversations about sexuality. It is about reaching out and stimulating those who attend to create those important conversations in their own communities, changing how we as a society talk about and treat sexuality.)

(OpenSF conference workshops incorporated innovative topics such as advanced non-monogamy skills, research findings, sex/kink party etiquette, movement classes, and peer led skill shares. In addition there was a strong focus on the role of non-monogamy in sexual minorities and other oppressed groups.)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

can i fuck chicks there?

[Removed by poster at 03/04/15 01:15:24]

I was not aware conferences on these subjects existed , it's very positive to have the open sexuality debate and lifestyle options out in a more open debate , do the conferences get a public profile in the states ?

Cambridge

Yes they are very well attended and spreading across the country. CatalystCon has at least an East and West version in DC and LA, and I think they also do one in Chicago.

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

There are a few small events around the UK but nothing as big as CatalystCon.

Closest to this would be Sexhibition.

Checked out catalystCon ...very impressive , great topics , very

Interesting and wide ranging ..would be a great event to attend

Cambridge

"Checked out catalystCon ...very impressive , great topics , very

Interesting and wide ranging ..would be a great event to attend "

If you are interested in those kind of topics I really recommend the Life on the Swing Set podcasts. I listen to them on my commute to work and it makes the journey a lot more interesting

Thanks for the information ...I will definitely follow up and listen ,

There are so many topics worthy if discussion which don't get aired on mainstream media

Cambridge

There are so many discussion to be had that we don't even have within our Own Community, let alone within the mainstream media. Some of the ones I regularly see are:

1) discussions about barebacking. I think it would be great if we talked about risk aware sex, dental dams, gloves, condoms on toys, and also had a Fab approved Sexual Health website. (As I got a temporary ban for posting a link to one )

2) advice on how to raise the subject of swinging with your partner. I have never seen anyone actually say how it happened for them, they just seem to say "you can't force them". There is a massive wealth of experience from the people on this site that they could share, plus additional books, websites, podcasts etc. But these aren't given to the person, in many ways we are not supportive and encouraging to people who want to join our community.

3) More than swinging. There are people on the forums who say that they are looking for a bit more, but no one seems to suggest polyamory or other forms of ethical non-monogamy. I think it would be great if we could be open and inclusive to all relationship type.

What kind of things would you guys like to see discussed in a different way?

These are very interesting topics which one would expect to have much wider discussion on ...the surprise is the lack of interest here ..it's a bit baffling ....

Cambridge

I just thinking would be nice to have some forum threads about bigger issues than "Fab the person above you" or "fuck or chuck" threads

» Add a new message to this topic