FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > What to do with d*unks?

What to do with d*unks?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Leading on from a thread where I spoke of couples fighting/having arguments once again I've seen someone d*unk to the point they need help. Everyone likes a drink but ffs keep it under control.

If you were a club owner ( maybe you are ) what would you do with someone that got into that state.

1 ) Leave them to sober up ( it doesn't look pretty and you don't know if they'll get worse )

2 ) Throw them out ( there might be consequences for this )

3 ) Ban them

4 )Have a quiet word ( they probably won't understand you )

Something else.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Take them someplace quiet to sober up, then ask them to leave when they're sober enough, maybe make sure they're in a taxi (chucking them out when that d*unk isn't great....they could end up getting smacked by a car or doing themselves some other mischief, as your customer, I believe you still have a duty of care to them)

Possibly ban them, or stick them on a red card depending on how badly they were behaving.....

Whete are you going that let's folk get so d*unk...

Shite customer care that is....

i would not let them get any more drink and give them time to sober up and phone a cab for them!

i lived and worked nites in newcastle city centre for years,two years ago my mates son 28yo was found dead he choked on his vomit after a weekend clubbin!

i think the police couldbe more helpfull in some cases!

Right place wrong time ( if that makes sense ).

If they arrive in a bad state I wouldn't let them in. That's when the abusive type of d*unk can rearrange your windows or cause a scene that attracts attention outside of a club....You don't want that!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"i would not let them get any more drink and give them time to sober up and phone a cab for them!

i lived and worked nites in newcastle city centre for years,two years ago my mates son 28yo was found dead he choked on his vomit after a weekend clubbin!

i think the police couldbe more helpfull in some cases!"

How so?

Sorry, struggling to muster up sympathy for someone who gets paralytic and harms themselves. We are all responsible for our own welfare.

"

How so?

Sorry, struggling to muster up sympathy for someone who gets paralytic and harms themselves. We are all responsible for our own welfare."

Not quite. If you're thrown out and something happens to you I'm sure I've read that you could ( try to ) take the bar/club owner to court as they have a duty of care to those in it. so , Bang goes your license and an unwanted investigation into your club.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Fill them up with rum and brandy if it's er-lie in the morning

"Fill them up with rum and brandy if it's er-lie in the morning "

By *itTVlondonTV/TS  over a year ago

London

You are liable - as a club/venue owner - for anything that happens to people at your venue; putting them in a cab might also not help cos drivers don t like d*unks in their pristine hm hm hm cabs. Helping them sober means someone has to stay with them cos d*unk have a tendency not to stay in just one place; all in all it's a horrible predicament and I fail to see how it can be solved. some people enter venues sober and get hammered pretty quickly so you can t even stop them at door. So sad - d*unks do not care what happens to the venue and its workers (if venues close, workers lose out too) but are so needy of the attention during their d*unkardness and will push for compensation when they sober up; it so very unfair.

Yet again....wondering why alcohol isn't a controlled substance......

If it was invented today, it'd be class a....no question.

"Yet again....wondering why alcohol isn't a controlled substance......

If it was invented today, it'd be class a....no question. "

Slightly off on a tangent, but this post reminded me of a housemate I used to have. His main interests in life were belching, wearing shorts, and going out to get off his chops on a Friday night.

The rest of the occupants of the house and I learned that it was a good idea not to be around when he came back home. Should anyone still be awake when his taxi pulled up, we had a few moments to vacate the communal areas; but we didn't always notice the taxi. Sometimes someone would still be around when the door opened.

And so it was that, on one occasion early one Saturday morning - or late on Friday, depending on your perspective - he stumbled into what passed as a living room before the rest of the house's occupants had had time to scarper. His small eyes fixed on one of my other housemates, and he leaned in menacingly.

"YOU LOOK AS THOUGH YOU THINK I'VE GOT A TURNIP ON MY HEAD. HAVE I GOT A TURNIP ON MY HEAD?" he bellowed.

My other housemate looked scared. This was justifiable: our d*unk housemate was about seven times his size.

"Well, HAVE I? Have I got a FUCKING TURNIP on my head?"

"Er... no..." he offered, timidly.

"Good," he hissed. "'Cos if you'd said I had, I'd've fucking KILLED you!"

And with that, he wandered off to bed. My other housemate meanwhile, hyperventilated in a corner.

Some people just really shouldn't drink lol.

Forum Mod

I don't want to go anywhere the OP goes,there always seems to be trouble

» Add a new message to this topic