FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Experiment

Experiment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we are going to conduct an experiment and leave the message filters off for 24 hours to see how many messages we get will post the results

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

are you going to update your status to that effect too? you have to give people fair warning.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just don't come back complaining about all the messages you don't get!!

Would dread to think what I would get if I turned the filters off. Just a barrage of offers for gay sex. I'll stick to the empty mailbox

"are you going to update your status to that effect too? you have to give people fair warning.

"

no as that would void experiment is it just to see if single men do read profiles and we wont be complaining about lack of messages as we dont want them of men anyway

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"are you going to update your status to that effect too? you have to give people fair warning.

no as that would void experiment is it just to see if single men do read profiles and we wont be complaining about lack of messages as we dont want them of men anyway"

But why? You're only looking for women.

no as that would void experiment is it just to see if single men do read profiles and we wont be complaining about lack of messages as we dont want them of men anyway

But why? You're only looking for women."

yes and if people read our profile it tells them that so if everyone reads the profile we should get none of them

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

But why? You're only looking for women. yes and if people read our profile it tells them that so if everyone reads the profile we should get none of them"

We haven't used the single male block for ages and we very rarely get random messages from them.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But why? You're only looking for women. yes and if people read our profile it tells them that so if everyone reads the profile we should get none of them"

Of course it's your choice but I'm not sure why you're doing it

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I had all my filters off for a coupla weeks when I did the Secret Valentine...I didn't get an appreciable increase in messages (other than from aspiring poets posting their valentines)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I had all my filters off for a coupla weeks when I did the Secret Valentine...I didn't get an appreciable increase in messages (other than from aspiring poets posting their valentines) "

We removed our age filters and got a lot more messages from people outside of our preferred age range, so we put them back on. We don't get many messages a day anyway so it wasn't a huge task to deal with

I removed the filter for single guys ages ago for some forum related fun or another...since then we've had 2 guys send decent messages, demonstrating theyd read our profile but putting themselves on our radar for if our preferences change, and only one random message from a guy wanting to be our toilet slave.

Definitely werent inundated with messages by any stretch.

I imagine you'd have to change your search preferences to looking for single guys to see any real increase in inbox volume

Forum Mod

I don't think they'll be waiting with baited breath for you to click a button that allows them access unless you're screaming from the rooftops for men to message you because you want them to and generating new interest in your profile by adding new pics and statuses

But I may be very wrong

"I don't think they'll be waiting with baited breath for you to click a button that allows them access unless you're screaming from the rooftops for men to message you because you want them to and generating new interest in your profile by adding new pics and statuses

But I may be very wrong "

you hit nail on the head

[Removed by poster at 26/03/15 18:10:05]

Me too! Let's see who wins.

"I don't think they'll be waiting with baited breath for you to click a button that allows them access unless you're screaming from the rooftops for men to message you because you want them to and generating new interest in your profile by adding new pics and statuses

But I may be very wrong you hit nail on the head "

Single men get such a bad rep on here for their behaviour so is more of a way of seeing if it's true or not so far we have found that it's the couples who tend not to read profiles. We didn't expect to get bombarded with messages just a bit of curiosity on our part as we spoke to a single male on here the other about the difficulties they face finding meets due to perceived behaviour by them

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In our experience very few people couples, singles, men, women or others read profiles.

"In our experience very few people couples, singles, men, women or others read profiles. "

We always do and you may not know who has read it as the ones that read it and see that you are not what they are looking don't contact you

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"In our experience very few people couples, singles, men, women or others read profiles.

We always do and you may not know who has read it as the ones that read it and see that you are not what they are looking don't contact you"

True. I hope your experiment goes well.

I have filters on, men still don't read the profile, but actually find couples worse for not reading it

i like that experiment, there are many desperate people on this site who want sex with everything and anything but dont have the common courtesy to read the profile needs, likes , age groups e.t.c Hence a title in the subject box having read to the end the results should be interesting ENJOY!!!

I wonder how many people miss a meet because they feel they're out of someone's demographic. I'm constantly looking at profiles and thinking "nope, not what they're looking for"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I wonder how many people miss a meet because they feel they're out of someone's demographic. I'm constantly looking at profiles and thinking "nope, not what they're looking for""

But that's the whole point, if you don't fit what people want they won't want to meet you and vice versa.

We for example wouldn't contact a profile with an upper age limit of 50 or no interest in our particular link, it would be pointless. Or have I missed your point.

My point was you seem like you're out of the requirements, ie your age limit being 50 and I'm 51 for arguments sake, then I give you a wide, you see I've viewed, you look and think "he's nice, but he didn't message so he can get stuffed"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My point was you seem like you're out of the requirements, ie your age limit being 50 and I'm 51 for arguments sake, then I give you a wide, you see I've viewed, you look and think "he's nice, but he didn't message so he can get stuffed" "

Oh right sorry I misunderstood.

To be fair I read it back and could see why you wouldn't understand

Well after 24 hours with filters of here are the results 1 message

5 winks

4 friend invites

My inbox is always empty joys of being a single guy on here

But why? You're only looking for women. yes and if people read our profile it tells them that so if everyone reads the profile we should get none of them

Of course it's your choice but I'm not sure why you're doing it "

it's called attention whoring.

no doubt later they will post a thread or status "omg so many people dont read profiles it's soooo frustrating"

We don't have message filters on because we do meet men, and we hardly get may messages maybe 1 a week unless we put a meet up,

But we don't have single men ticked as 1 of our preferences so don't show up on any of there searches

But why? You're only looking for women. yes and if people read our profile it tells them that so if everyone reads the profile we should get none of them

Of course it's your choice but I'm not sure why you're doing it

it's called attention whoring.

no doubt later they will post a thread or status "omg so many people dont read profiles it's soooo frustrating""

And I believe this kind of reply is called trolling

"My point was you seem like you're out of the requirements, ie your age limit being 50 and I'm 51 for arguments sake, then I give you a wide, you see I've viewed, you look and think "he's nice, but he didn't message so he can get stuffed" "

Nope...we look and think he's nice but not what we're looking for as he's out of our demographic...so he can get stuffed...

The point is that the line has to be drawn somewhere...if not 51, then why not 53...54, 55 and then it just gets silly...accept that you're not what people are looking for and move on...there's a great couple locally who we'd like to meet but they don't want women over a size 14...are we missing out? nope, and neither are they because we're not for them...

You missed my point. I do accept it and move on, hence the look but no message. Just wondered if some people missed out because of it. The filters are guidelines, not set in stone. Not everyone sticks to the filters rigidly

» Add a new message to this topic