FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Oh Well

Oh Well

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Guees this has been posted before and discussed at length.

Winked couple looking for meet checked their profile 1st before sending wink and by their profile matched what they where looking for,they winked me back my profile says wink if interested,so send them polite non sexual reply with couple of pics etc and checking today they deleted the message!

Courtsey seems to be ignored here i`am adult so can take No thanks is it too much to ask for reply,seems to be a trend now wasnt few years ago

perhaps site needs a "No Thanks but thank you for your interest " button

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

No-one owes you a reply. Not sending one doesn't make them discourteous.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

guessing they had an initial interest but the pics was the deal breaker

its usually the maker or breaker

First thing newbie needs to learn

The block button is a tool of the sight and nothing personal. Get over it

*site

By *om Tom 1969Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Yes it does, people hide behind the 'they arent interested so get over it' quote far too often on here. If that was a real verbal conversation and the person completely blanked you after an initial amicable chat, you may feel a little differently

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

[Removed by poster at 11/11/14 11:31:44]

i think the thanks but no thanks button is a good idea though

"Guees this has been posted before and discussed at length.

Winked couple looking for meet checked their profile 1st before sending wink and by their profile matched what they where looking for,they winked me back my profile says wink if interested,so send them polite non sexual reply with couple of pics etc and checking today they deleted the message!

Courtsey seems to be ignored here i`am adult so can take No thanks is it too much to ask for reply,seems to be a trend now wasnt few years ago

perhaps site needs a "No Thanks but thank you for your interest " button "

You may be an adult but you clearly have not read the site FAQ as its stated in there that no reply is a no thanks. It doesn't matter if they reply or not it does not change the fact they are not interested, move on posts like this don't help as it make you look like you have a sense of entitlement.

Good luck for the future.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Well. You're right op it's been a few hours since this was last discussed... o -)

Move on to the next profile...

"i think the thanks but no thanks button is a good idea though

"

I don't as unlike what the OP claims, a lot don't read the profile. I'd like a 'Had you bothered to read my profile you'd see that you live (enter how many 100's of miles in here) away and not what Im looking for anyway, so you could have saved the bother of mailing' button

Admin do advise no reply means not interested it happens to all just move on

"i think the thanks but no thanks button is a good idea though

"

Yep, it would be good.

OP, do read the FAQ:

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

Wow! Some harsh responses here...

I agree, common courtesy is still expected here and bloody rightly so.

We get hundreds of messages and yes we may take a while to respond because of this, we do always get around to it in the end though.

The only ones we ignore or the rude/distasteful/arrogant/ignorant types.

As said above, in real life how would you react?

Faq's? They state a non reply is a no thanks? Hmmm ok then....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think your opinion on replies or no replies depends entirely on your status here. If you send lots of messages but receive few responses then that is what you will.concentrate on if however you receive lots and send few lack of response won't be so important. I think a "thanks but no thanks button" would solve the no response problem but I'm pretty sure it would spawn threads entitled "how rude! I sent a polite message and they just pressed the no thanks button".

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Firstly i wasnt blocked and been around the block a few times to understand not personel (or is it?)some may think it is as I dont use this site very often I seem to have more joy elsewhere however my 1st introduction was via site like this and back then they seemed to be more courteous and helpful just take alook at the forums now especially singles guys posting get NO responses,I take my time to read profiles 1st and ONLY respond to matching critirea I definately not timewaster.pic collector or say my c...k enters the room before I do cause it so huge!

As for reading the small print in admin well who does ,the point i was making is being polite doesnt cost anything

Typical scenario.

You check them out and decide you are what they are looking for.

You wink.

They look and decide you might fit the bill.

They wink back.

You message politely.

They look at your pics and decide, not for me.

Or read your message and decide the same.

Or are looking for something that doesnt involve you.

Or delete the message to see how you react.

Or maybe they don't want to message thanks but no thanks in case you then get into the "why not?" game.

Accept it and move on is good advice.

The main problem is being asked to explain your no thanks response tbh I always replied but had so much abuse I now just delete and block if they are persistent

By *om Tom 1969Man  over a year ago

liverpool

is it just me, or have many people decided that a response to bad mannered messages it to show similar bad manners to everybody who they arent interested in? That's what it looks like to me!

"is it just me, or have many people decided that a response to bad mannered messages it to show similar bad manners to everybody who they arent interested in? That's what it looks like to me!"

Seems that way and it is with a heavy heart I press the delete button but when I ve opened threads on here complaining of abuse it's the advice I ve received from most

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

As Admin always advise on this issue....If you take no response or a deleted message as "no thanks" you'll enjoy the site more