FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > is intelligence sexy?

is intelligence sexy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This may sound strange to some people, but is intelligence sexy? When it comes to NSA fun & frolics, do you actively seek an intelligent lover for your bed or are you not bothered? Are men intimidated by clever women? Are women put off by morons? What do you think? Not talking about relationships here, just NSA sex.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

some dont care....as lots use the site differently...

Yes.

Yes, yes and yes.

Intelligence is first and foremost the quality I want. Everything else is a distant second.

Need intelligence ideally, especially if I'm going to meet more than once.

I don't care really what IQ they got, its just a fuck

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think some men are intimidated by intelligent women. Or maybe its just me they don't like

Intelligence is sexy that is all

By *ussypussWoman  over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

I have to have some connection with anyone I choose to have sex with whether a relationship or NSA, so yes, a certain degree of intelligence is a must and morons just get blocked and ignored

I actively seek out intelligent people to meet. It's not necessarily about qualifications on a piece of paper, more about someone I find interesting and engaging who has a bit of drive and curiosity about the world.

If there's no kind of mental connection I'd rather just stay at home and play with my toys...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We like to be equal with someone in conversation and wit to find them sexy, whether intelligence is required for this to happen isn't for us to say.

Some men do find intelligent women a threat, yes.

Intelligence coupled with a big cock is nice

Some intelligent people are boring and self obsessed. I've met all manner of men with qualifications and a high level of intelligence. I am more attracted to a personality

[Removed by poster at 31/10/14 22:02:47]

I'm a sapiosexual

By *exyFrenchVixenWoman  over a year ago

South East

For me IQ is not necessary but Emotional Intelligence is a must. I feel no sexual chemistry if a man is devoid of EQ.

A lot of answers i was expecting so far

"For me IQ is not necessary but Emotional Intelligence is a must. I feel no sexual chemistry if a man is devoid of EQ."

Actually, this is more appropriate to me than my original post.

EQ is the one.

"I don't care really what IQ they got, its just a fuck "

Basically this!!

Yes yes I love an intelligent man but he has to have a personality that I find attractive too.

The ability to engage my mind will lead something very exciting between us

Oh a Damn hot body helps as well

"I'm a sapiosexual "

And a smart ass

By *aurenkaWoman  over a year ago

London

Some people just are not able to understand that for other ppl intelligence is sexy. And it is not about "it is important what is inside, not outside" - just talking to intelligent guy is like a very hot foreplay.

Even if talk is not about sexual stuff.

So yes, for me intelligence is HUGE turn on, I am saphiosexual

"Some intelligent people are boring and self obsessed. I've met all manner of men with qualifications and a high level of intelligence. I am more attracted to a personality"

"Need intelligence ideally, especially if I'm going to meet more than once."

intelligence can always be circumvented..if you cant dazzle them with brilliance..then baffle them with bullshit..

"I don't care really what IQ they got, its just a fuck

Basically this!! "

Yes lol

By *andixxxMan  over a year ago

Gloucester

Unless a guy can stimulate my brain and hold a half decent conversation,there is zero chance of him getting to stimulate anything else!!

Intelligence usually goes hand in hand with a good imagination

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

A personality and intelligence is what attracts me to someone for a one on one or repeated meet. I'm not saying I will spend an entire evening chatting rather than enjoying other forms of intercourse but it's an important factor for me personally. Along with a sense of humour and some serious passion.

By *apillonNoirWoman  over a year ago

There...

Can't leave my brain behind... I need more than a cold 'fuck'. Maybe that's just me, maybe it's not. Doesn't matter at the end of the day - it's what works for me and it's working well so far

But do you choose a partner with the same.criteria as a lover? For me my partner needs to know how to use what she has between her ears, a lover just needs to know how to use what she has somewhere else..... Humour is important foe both. But NSA lover? As long as she isn't the dullest button in the pack, why would I insist on her being Brain of Britain?

Depends on how people 'manage' their intelligence. Subtle, not waving it in your face = super hot. Smart arse = annoying.

"For me IQ is not necessary but Emotional Intelligence is a must. I feel no sexual chemistry if a man is devoid of EQ."

Exactly. A cold heart equates to cold sex in my experience

"I'm a sapiosexual

And a smart ass"

By *astpoetMan  over a year ago

where the world takes me

Intelligence is definitely important to me, i personally believe sex begins in the mind and when i play i want the game to build up, tease, ebb, flow and work for all.

A wham, bam, thank you mam session is a waster opportunity for something deeper, naughtier and much more fun, and that tends to often come with intelligence (though not always).

Also i can't abide small mindedness or people that aren't open minded to others, and sadly in my experience these are traits i find more commonly in people who are less intelligent.

By *mandaboundTV/TS  over a year ago

Newton Le Willows

Excuse the pun but it's a no brainer. The mind is one of the most important and sexy part of us and is vital to a successful time

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I would have thought intelligence, wit and sense of humour are all important. Yet I am never asked for my mensa-membership card, or to tell someone a joke. They just want a face pic.

Now come on peeps, if I had a pretty-boy face do you think I'd have had to work so hard on the other two?

Mr ddc

"Intelligence is definitely important to me, i personally believe sex begins in the mind and when i play i want the game to build up, tease, ebb, flow and work for all.

A wham, bam, thank you mam session is a waster opportunity for something deeper, naughtier and much more fun, and that tends to often come with intelligence (though not always).

Also i can't abide small mindedness or people that aren't open minded to others, and sadly in my experience these are traits i find more commonly in people who are less intelligent."

in the same approach, there are people on the site who dont care for that deeper aspect..they arent wasting their sex,they are using their sex preference.Not saying its something I like, I like a connection, but I have met a few couples where there is no deeper connection needed...thats something they share with themselves....so in a scenario of a sexual meetup,lets say a gb...on most occasions,nothing is wanted other than superficial banging sex.I'd like to think I'm versatile on most fronts...so I'm open to the 'shallow' and 'deep'

It's attitude that is important to me. Not intelligence.

"It's attitude that is important to me. Not intelligence."

Yes, this

To me the soul is more important than the mind, I'd rather fuck a nice person hand a clever pig.

Anyhow, depends on how you measure intelligence, I've met some incredibly intelligent and qualified self centred idiots with no common sense whatsoever.

Don't like primadonnas!!!

"I'm a sapiosexual

And a smart ass

"

With a gorgeous ass

Intelligence is extremely attractive to me.

"I actively seek out intelligent people to meet. It's not necessarily about qualifications on a piece of paper, more about someone I find interesting and engaging who has a bit of drive and curiosity about the world.

"

This sums it up for me.

"Depends on how people 'manage' their intelligence. Subtle, not waving it in your face = super hot. Smart arse = annoying. "

absolutely

"Intelligence is sexy that is all"

Very... X

By *roncoverssereneCouple  over a year ago

NearYouVille

"Yes.

Yes, yes and yes.

Intelligence is first and foremost the quality I want. Everything else is a distant second."

Agreed there's a mist that shrouds even for NSA you have tick a few boxes...

By *roncoverssereneCouple  over a year ago

NearYouVille

"Depends on how people 'manage' their intelligence. Subtle, not waving it in your face = super hot. Smart arse = annoying.

absolutely "

mmmmm

Come off it folks. You're only having sex with them, not partnering up to compete on who wants to be a millionaire

It all depends on how you define intelligence, somebody could have a Phd in astrophysics but could also be socially awkward, unable to boil an egg, turn on a washing machine now is this person a genius? he can talk a lot about the make up of the heavens but if he was the only person on the planet with this information/intelligence would he still be looked upon as intelligent?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

dont think i could fuck a thick bird

My synapses sizzle away as my sensory pathways are overstimulated by the intelligent and witty wisecracks of a woman on my wave length.

I'm not very intelligent but I get by

I used to live in Germany. They have an expression there

*Dumm fickt.gut*

which translates as * stupid people are good shags*

After testing the theory a few times, I came to the conclusion that there was no particular truth in the expression lol

What really turns me off is a woman who knows she is not as well educated as me but constantly pushes with "I'm not thick, you know I'm not thick, don't you?" If we're just having sex, I don't really want to be forced to listen to that! It's just sex, where our bodies are active as opposed to our brains !

"I'm not very intelligent but I get by"

I have rarely heard a genuinely unintelligent person say this, so I guess you actually are smart but also modest. Modesty is attractive too x

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Intelligence followed by animalistic sex works for us.

"This may sound strange to some people, but is intelligence sexy? When it comes to NSA fun & frolics, do you actively seek an intelligent lover for your bed or are you not bothered? Are men intimidated by clever women? Are women put off by morons? What do you think? Not talking about relationships here, just NSA sex. "

I think intelligence is sexy, you're more likely to get an intellectual conversation.

"Intelligence usually goes hand in hand with a good imagination "

Exactly!

"Intelligence followed by animalistic sex works for us. "

Well said.. 10/10.. A+. Top of the class

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

Definitely, intelligence is sexy, and I would never feel intimated by an intelligent woman - I have to be able to communicate with someone beyond the fact an arrangement is based on sex. Stimulation of the mind is just as important as stimulation of the body.

By *r and mrs willingCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH WEST & WALES

"Yes.

Yes, yes and yes.

Intelligence is first and foremost the quality I want. Everything else is a distant second."

Absolutely spot on. I don't care how drop dead gorgeous someone is, if they can't engage with me mentally, then it's not happening and sadly, rarely does !

"I would have thought intelligence, wit and sense of humour are all important. Yet I am never asked for my mensa-membership card, or to tell someone a joke. They just want a face pic.

Now come on peeps, if I had a pretty-boy face do you think I'd have had to work so hard on the other two?

Mr ddc"

People are different. We don't ask for face pics unless we are already getting on well with another couple. But maybe that's just us

I say yes maybe. But let's face it, you haven't seen professor Stephen Hawkin banging his way through all the hotties on fab so it's not necessarily so

"Come off it folks. You're only having sex with them, not partnering up to compete on who wants to be a millionaire "

You don't need to be intelligent for quiz shows,you just need a good memory

Who are you ??

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"This may sound strange to some people, but is intelligence sexy? When it comes to NSA fun & frolics, do you actively seek an intelligent lover for your bed or are you not bothered? Are men intimidated by clever women? Are women put off by morons? What do you think? Not talking about relationships here, just NSA sex. "

Stephen Hawkins has no problems attracting the ladies.

"This may sound strange to some people, but is intelligence sexy? When it comes to NSA fun & frolics, do you actively seek an intelligent lover for your bed or are you not bothered? Are men intimidated by clever women? Are women put off by morons? What do you think? Not talking about relationships here, just NSA sex.

Stephen Hawkins has no problems attracting the ladies."

See my earlier comment

"Yes yes I love an intelligent man but he has to have a personality that I find attractive too.

The ability to engage my mind will lead something very exciting between us

Oh a Damn hot body helps as well "

Yep, this just about covers it

"To me the soul is more important than the mind, I'd rather fuck a nice person hand a clever pig.

Anyhow, depends on how you measure intelligence, I've met some incredibly intelligent and qualified self centred idiots with no common sense whatsoever.

Don't like primadonnas!!! "

One of the hottest guys I've ever met was also insanely clever (sciency stuff) Total turn on. Until I got to recognise his intelligence went hand in hand with arrogance. He could never comprehend he was wrong. Game over.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Intelligence always sexy. Only when it's with a persona that complements it though.

someone with enough intelligence to know how to treat and respect others is enough for me

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

I'm a sapiophile

"Unless a guy can stimulate my brain and hold a half decent conversation,there is zero chance of him getting to stimulate anything else!! "

"someone with enough intelligence to know how to treat and respect others is enough for me "

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Intelligence is sexy that is all

Very... X "

this... the mind is the sexiest part of the body..

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Applying this concept to the hundreds of woe-is-me threads, those that whinge on here about not being able to get a meet and what am I doing wrong seem to lack the intelligence to work it out for themselves, or to read all the other threads on the topic...which in itself is deeply unattractive.

Frankly, I couldn't give a crap if my lady can't string a sentence together, as long as she can moan and squirm. I'm clever enough for both of us

By *ana StephanieWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Yes, intelligence is sexy.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Of course

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I love a sharp mind and a sharp wit - both have the ability to excite me and that's what's required to hold my attention.

if someones good looking they don't realy need to be that intelligent though.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Yes.

Is that strange? No.

Are men intimidated? Sadly, yes.

If I wanted cock with nothing else attached, I would just stay at home and play with my glass dildo

Yarp.

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 21:23:53]

I like an intelligent lady. I need someone I can converse with after giving them the best 30 seconds of their life

I have to admit a lot of my dating life. . found men very intimidated by myself. I not sure if that was due to where I lived and the narrow mindedness of the people around me.

I have always preferred intelligence and a good sense of humour. . learnt a long time looks don't mean anything . . x

Too many people confuse intelligence with academia. You don't have to be academic to be intelligent, far from it. Not that there's anything wrong with a rocket scientist...

And of course you want someone to be intelligent to be attractive, but that just means they are not a bumbling idiot and you can have a decent ( and fun) conversation not you have to sit and discuss the meaning of life.

Unfortunately though as some have said too many men are reluctant to approach what they perceive as 'intelligent' women initially which is a shame cos we only we only bite a little bit

By *SweetVioletxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes very attractive but they still need to have a personality and be physically attractive to me too.

Sadly one guy thought I was too intelligent fir him and said that this was the reason he couldn't perform on the night - he liked his woman to be "dumb".

"Yes very attractive but they still need to have a personality and be physically attractive to me too.

Sadly one guy thought I was too intelligent fir him and said that this was the reason he couldn't perform on the night - he liked his woman to be "dumb". "

Sounds like a cop out to me and a bloody good escape for you

"Some people just are not able to understand that for other ppl intelligence is sexy. And it is not about "it is important what is inside, not outside" - just talking to intelligent guy is like a very hot foreplay.

Even if talk is not about sexual stuff.

So yes, for me intelligence is HUGE turn on, I am saphiosexual"

Yes, yes, yes.

An intellectual and imaginative guy is a massive turn on for me.

If he happens to be tall and good looking- WOW!

Oh yes, intelligence is important.. that's why I hang around MI5's gates hoping for a meet.

..so far, no luck. ..it's so hard to get a meet as a single male

By *orn_To_PerformCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We don't insist on intelligence, but they have to be smart enough to read and understand our profile - something which is rare amongst single guys...

"We don't insist on intelligence, but they have to be smart enough to read and understand our profile - something which is rare amongst single guys..."

With a little more intelligence you might find the function that enables you to block single guys, maybe.

dover

"We don't insist on intelligence, but they have to be smart enough to read and understand our profile - something which is rare amongst single guys...

With a little more intelligence you might find the function that enables you to block single guys, maybe. "

..and with even just a little more careful reading of their profile you'll discover that they don't rule out single guys at all so blocking them would not be at all intelligent...

"We don't insist on intelligence, but they have to be smart enough to read and understand our profile - something which is rare amongst single guys...

With a little more intelligence you might find the function that enables you to block single guys, maybe.

..and with even just a little more careful reading of their profile you'll discover that they don't rule out single guys at all so blocking them would not be at all intelligent..."

As a single guy I didn't see much point in reading. I just get fed up with ppl bashing single guys at every opportunity they get.

dover

..and with even just a little more careful reading of their profile you'll discover that they don't rule out single guys at all so blocking them would not be at all intelligent...

As a single guy I didn't see much point in reading. I just get fed up with ppl bashing single guys at every opportunity they get. "

Well if you did feel like actually reading their profile (and maybe others too) you might be surprised to find that they don't "bash" anyone...

As a single guy I didn't see much point in reading. I just get fed up with ppl bashing single guys at every opportunity they get.

Well if you did feel like actually reading their profile (and maybe others too) you might be surprised to find that they don't "bash" anyone..."

Stating that intelligence being rare among single guys seems to be bashing to me.

"Stating that intelligence being rare among single guys seems to be bashing to me. "

Ugg! Cave! Ugg! Woman! Ugg! Ugg!

(I know, I know.. I'm such a sweet talker eh? You should hear my cave-pillow talk hehe)

"Stating that intelligence being rare among single guys seems to be bashing to me.

Ugg! Cave! Ugg! Woman! Ugg! Ugg!

(I know, I know.. I'm such a sweet talker eh? You should hear my cave-pillow talk hehe)"

dover

Well if you did feel like actually reading their profile (and maybe others too) you might be surprised to find that they don't "bash" anyone...

Stating that intelligence being rare among single guys seems to be bashing to me. "

I can perfectly understand why they may think that given that most of the single guys they hear from do not behave intelligently by reading their profiles...

Stating that intelligence being rare among single guys seems to be bashing to me.

I can perfectly understand why they may think that given that most of the single guys they hear from do not behave intelligently by reading their profiles..."

I'm sure you've earned yourself some brownie points with them for fighting their corner. Bravo lol.

dover

I can perfectly understand why they may think that given that most of the single guys they hear from do not behave intelligently by reading their profiles...

I'm sure you've earned yourself some brownie points with them for fighting their corner. Bravo lol. "

Well I've actually read their profile...and I'm outside their age range so that is not my intention at all...

I couldn't care less if they never read this thread again, and have no need of brownie points from anyone, but get a little weary of the stop-bashing-single-guys brigade piping up each time justifiable criticism is posted

I'm sure you've earned yourself some brownie points with them for fighting their corner. Bravo lol.

Well I've actually read their profile...and I'm outside their age range so that is not my intention at all...

I couldn't care less if they never read this thread again, and have no need of brownie points from anyone, but get a little weary of the stop-bashing-single-guys brigade piping up each time justifiable criticism is posted"

In what was was any form of criticism justified? It was a thread asking "is intelligence sexy".

By *SweetVioletxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Stating that intelligence being rare among single guys seems to be bashing to me. "

Very true and unfair. I've had lengthier and more interesting conversations with single men than couples and single females.

By *appyguy17Man  over a year ago

walthamstow

Thinking you're intelligent isn't sexy !!

I struggle to find a sexual (or any other) connection without a certain level of intelligence

Very true and unfair. I've had lengthier and more interesting conversations with single men than couples and single females. "

Intelligence can be sexy, but it can also be a complete turn off when someone's hung up on their intellectual superiority. Given the choice between a lovely person with a lower IQ and a pretentious genius, I know who Id want to spend time adoring

"someone with enough intelligence to know how to treat and respect others is enough for me "

"Intelligence can be sexy, but it can also be a complete turn off when someone's hung up on their intellectual superiority. Given the choice between a lovely person with a lower IQ and a pretentious genius, I know who Id want to spend time adoring "

Agree Most men like intelligent women so don't see how they can be put off, unless they have the wrong attitude.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Intelligence is a massive turn on, mental stimulation can increase sex to a totally different level

I love it when a man sings the Periodic Table of Elements song to me and knows the atomic mass of each one. God,it makes my knickers wet!

"I love it when a man sings the Periodic Table of Elements song to me and knows the atomic mass of each one. God,it makes my knickers wet! "

Red and yellow and pink and green,

Purple and orange and blue.

I can sing a rainbow,

Sing a rainbow,

You can sing one too!

Is that enough?

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

I think some men are intimidated by intelligent women. Or maybe its just me they don't like

Hmm, hmmm, what is that I smell? Hope it's not bullshit! I think it's horse shit. But then nothing wrong with a bit of self aggrandisement, I suppose.

I only go for intelligent men.

Birmingham Airport

"I love it when a man sings the Periodic Table of Elements song to me and knows the atomic mass of each one. God,it makes my knickers wet! "

I can do a bit of Shakespeare . What do u think?

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

yes very much so

Intelligence for me is important. The ability to hold down a decent conversation and string a sentence together. How else is my mind/imagination to be stimulated otherwise? (And vice versa!)

It's more attractive than stupidity. That said I wouldn't rule out a foxymoron.

"dont think i could fuck a thick bird"

Fatist.

Birmingham Airport

"dont think i could fuck a thick bird

Fatist."

Wtf is that?

Fatist.

Wtf is that?"

lololol...thick..meaning wide

By *teven_GrayMan  over a year ago

North West

Initially it is, but once in the bedroom the most important aspect is a dirty mind, I would think...

dover

I couldn't care less if they never read this thread again, and have no need of brownie points from anyone, but get a little weary of the stop-bashing-single-guys brigade piping up each time justifiable criticism is posted

In what was was any form of criticism justified? It was a thread asking "is intelligence sexy". "

Well they explain why in their first sentence at the top of this posting..

I am not saying that I think single men aren't intelligent. Why would I? I'm a single guy myself...

I could however see the point the couple were making about the single guys that do not read their profile.....and the point was duly demonstrated by you making a barbed comment on their post having not read theirs!

Simple as that.

Sheesh!

In what was was any form of criticism justified? It was a thread asking "is intelligence sexy".

I am not saying that I think single men aren't intelligent. Why would I? I'm a single guy myself...

I could however see the point the couple were making about the single guys that do not read their profile.....and the point was duly demonstrated by you making a barbed comment on their post having not read theirs!

Simple as that.

Sheesh!"

Yaaaaaawn

I know Na is sodium....or in your case Nice ass!

Birmingham Airport

"Initially it is, but once in the bedroom the most important aspect is a dirty mind, I would think... "

Let's go a step further. Your biggest tool is not my 9 inch cock; no!

It is my very fertile imagination.

"Too many people confuse intelligence with academia. You don't have to be academic to be intelligent, far from it. Not that there's anything wrong with a rocket scientist...

And of course you want someone to be intelligent to be attractive, but that just means they are not a bumbling idiot and you can have a decent ( and fun) conversation not you have to sit and discuss the meaning of life.

Unfortunately though as some have said too many men are reluctant to approach what they perceive as 'intelligent' women initially which is a shame cos we only we only bite a little bit "

Having lived (and partied) in a university town a lot of the men I met at that time were at least post grad, many of them had doctorates. It was nice I didn't have to explain every minutiae of the things I discussed and they understood allusion, metaphors and concepts such as truisms etc. But at the end of the day they weren't going to be my life partner, they were just a fuck and all they needed was a cock that didn't blow the first time I touched it. In the end I married a professor, strange isn't it? Life?

Birmingham Airport

Fatist.

Wtf is that?

lololol...thick..meaning wide"

Did you mean phat?

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I do like to be able to have a decent conversation with someone I meet unless it's purely 'cum and go.' Perhaps it's more a case of emotional intelligence and personality rather than the fact that you're a rocket scientist.

Last night I had a meet with someone for the first time. She said one of the things she'd liked about me was that my profile was not only well written but had clearly been checked and edited for spelling errors as well as grammar.

The same applies when I send a mail to someone, I think about the person I'm sending it to. it always makes me laugh when I see guys come on here and claim they have no luck. Please keep cocking it up lads, more for those of us who are articulate

Intelligence and being an attentive lover is a must

I much prefer a man who I can have random coversations and laugh with so I guess wit goes slightly above intelligence in my book

Very !

I had a strange random message the other day from a guy telling me I was obviously very intelligent. ... He then went on to say that intelligence and sexual deviance didn't combine very well so he would leave it there!! ..... I'm still not sure whether he was complimenting me or insulting me...... I'm obviously not that intelligent after all!!!

"I had a strange random message the other day from a guy telling me I was obviously very intelligent. ... He then went on to say that intelligence and sexual deviance didn't combine very well so he would leave it there!! ..... I'm still not sure whether he was complimenting me or insulting me...... I'm obviously not that intelligent after all!!! "

He was goading you....expecting a response.

Im as thick as shit somtimes,but i dont care,take me or leave me lol

"Come off it folks. You're only having sex with them, not partnering up to compete on who wants to be a millionaire "

But do you think that maybe because you're a couple? - so to you sex with fellow fabsters is just the icing on the cake! For many of us singles it's the cake itself (I don't use any dating sites!) Therefore i'd say many singles look for many of the qualities in a meet that they'd look for in a relationship - therefore personality/intelligence/soh is as important as physical appearance! Effectively - we want it all!! xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I like someone whose personality clicks with mine, self awareness and a fun personality is what I like and it generally comes with intelligence but I think if we've been chatting to people as far as arranging a meet we already know

"Come off it folks. You're only having sex with them, not partnering up to compete on who wants to be a millionaire

But do you think that maybe because you're a couple? - so to you sex with fellow fabsters is just the icing on the cake! For many of us singles it's the cake itself (I don't use any dating sites!) Therefore i'd say many singles look for many of the qualities in a meet that they'd look for in a relationship - therefore personality/intelligence/soh is as important as physical appearance! Effectively - we want it all!! xxx"

Yes, you're probably right

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Not that important in reality.

People aren't lining up to meet unattractive singles just because they have a membership to MENSA.

Most people want to meet people who are on a similar level to them in terms of intelligence but I reckon anyone suggesting that ingelligence is more important to them than looks is kidding themselves.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

For a meet not really, for a life partner, yes.

"Intelligence usually goes hand in hand with a good imagination

Exactly!"

Agreed

Yes intelligence is sexy, taking away the sex nobody wants to spend time with a dummy,

"I'm a sapiophile "

Me too

"I love a sharp mind and a sharp wit - both have the ability to excite me and that's what's required to hold my attention.

"

"Yes intelligence is sexy, taking away the sex nobody wants to spend time with a dummy, "

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Yes, it is, it's very important. Luckily it comes across - or doesn't - quite quickly on sites like these.

And while many will state it isn't important generally, I'd saw, they are lacking in it.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I hope it is sexy! I'm the intellectual thoughtful type and couldn't fake the rough and ready caveman type guy, which I know is popular with some, if I tried!

"For a meet not really, for a life partner, yes."

dover

Simple as that.

Sheesh!

Yaaaaaawn "

Yes I rather expected it wouldn't be simple enough for you

There's a fine line between clever and clever dick

Academic intelligence doesn't always translate into intelligence

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"There's a fine line between clever and clever dick"

haha

You don't even have to be clever to be a clever dick!

By *ightowl99Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 03/11/14 20:47:19]

By *ightowl99Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

I'd say that people generally prefer to meet people on the same intelligence level as they are. I think we are more comfortable with someone who has a similar outlook and similar reference points. It's not a case of saying the more intelligent the better, its a case of finding a match.

I also agree that it's relatively easy to get an idea of someone's intelligence from their profile or posts.

"There's a fine line between clever and clever dick

haha

You don't even have to be clever to be a clever dick!"

Well I've just beaten the monkey at university challenge...he's never wanted me more...

dover

"I'd say that people generally prefer to meet people on the same intelligence level as they are. I think we are more comfortable with someone who has a similar outlook and similar reference points. It's not a case of saying the more intelligent the better, its a case of finding a match.

I also agree that it's relatively easy to get an idea of someone's intelligence from their profile or posts. "

I totally agree with that. It is clear from posts and profiles what the level of intelligence really is and if it matches yours. I also agree that it doesn't mean that more intelligence is better , although I have yet to hear on the forum exactly how intelligences defined.

"I'd say that people generally prefer to meet people on the same intelligence level as they are. I think we are more comfortable with someone who has a similar outlook and similar reference points. It's not a case of saying the more intelligent the better, its a case of finding a match.

I also agree that it's relatively easy to get an idea of someone's intelligence from their profile or posts.

I totally agree with that. It is clear from posts and profiles what the level of intelligence really is and if it matches yours. I also agree that it doesn't mean that more intelligence is better , although I have yet to hear on the forum exactly how intelligences defined."

I'd generally agree with this but would suggest that intellectualism is not a good definition of intelligence when getting on with someone. I tend to enjoy people who are open minded, no matter what level of education they've reached. And it's also nice when people aren't too full of themselves. So, for me, intelligence, is about being open minded, outward looking, curious about life, not full of answers all the friggin time, and generally quick witted enough to approach your interactions with people in a human, characterful, and friendly way that shows interest in others, the ability to listen, and some interestingly different perspectives on life

By *uiet confidenceMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Intelligence is sexy to me, for sure. But I'm not convinced it competes with looks as a measure of attractiveness for most people, including myself.

Otherwise, my university days could have been so different - I don't recall scores of hotties lingering outside the physics department! Or scores of any kind of woman for that matter.

"For a meet not really, for a life partner, yes."

I agree

" When it comes to NSA fun & frolics, do you actively seek an intelligent lover for your bed or are you not bothered? "

For NSA fun and frolics I seek someone I can have a chat and a laugh with, as simple as that really

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

I'm not interviewing for Mensa, but the ability to have a sensible conversation helps a lot.

By *orn_To_PerformCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Simple as that.

Sheesh!

Yaaaaaawn

Yes I rather expected it wouldn't be simple enough for you"

Wow - What started as a gentle dig at single guys has broken out into a fight! Thank you to those guys who have read our profile and understand what we're looking for.

Going back to the post subject, intelligence certainly is sexy. We're not just talking about academic intelligence, but emotional intelligence too. It's the difference between an erotic experience and a casual shag...

By *ontaskdontgetMan  over a year ago

birmingham

My opinion,,,,,, it doesn't matter at all, sex is sex, a physical attraction & the ability to perform is all that's required,

birmingham

Simple as that.

Sheesh!

Yaaaaaawn

Yes I rather expected it wouldn't be simple enough for you

Wow - What started as a gentle dig at single guys has broken out into a fight! Thank you to those guys who have read our profile and understand what we're looking for.

Going back to the post subject, intelligence certainly is sexy. We're not just talking about academic intelligence, but emotional intelligence too. It's the difference between an erotic experience and a casual shag... "

Single guys are no more entitled to a slating than are couples & single ladies, when arranging parties with my partner, "miss_hotasfuk" we have been let down more by ladies & couples (without as much as a message of cancellation) than we have by men, so do not throw stones in glass houses people,

Intelligence can be sexy, but I find a good sense of humour to be even more so.

Yes, I know it's a little corny, but it's true, and I love a good giggle

birmingham

"Intelligence can be sexy, but I find a good sense of humour to be even more so.

Yes, I know it's a little corny, but it's true, and I love a good giggle "

Personally, I find intelligence to be an attractive quality

Intelligence, whit, sex appeal, money.. in that order, surely?

"Yes.

Yes, yes and yes.

yes put off by morons that's why my block list is so long, I mean theres stupid and theres stupid.

I certainly hope so, or there is little hope for some of us.....

birmingham

"Too many people confuse intelligence with academia. You don't have to be academic to be intelligent, far from it. Not that there's anything wrong with a rocket scientist...

Unfortunately though as some have said too many men are reluctant to approach what they perceive as 'intelligent' women initially which is a shame cos we only we only bite a little bit

Having lived (and partied) in a university town a lot of the men I met at that time were at least post grad, many of them had doctorates. It was nice I didn't have to explain every minutiae of the things I discussed and they understood allusion, metaphors and concepts such as truisms etc. But at the end of the day they weren't going to be my life partner, they were just a fuck and all they needed was a cock that didn't blow the first time I touched it. In the end I married a professor, strange isn't it? Life? "

Where's the professor now? So intelligent he realised marriage wasn't that smart?

birmingham

"Come off it folks. You're only having sex with them, not partnering up to compete on who wants to be a millionaire

But do you think that maybe because you're a couple? - so to you sex with fellow fabsters is just the icing on the cake! For many of us singles it's the cake itself (I don't use any dating sites!) Therefore i'd say many singles look for many of the qualities in a meet that they'd look for in a relationship - therefore personality/intelligence/soh is as important as physical appearance! Effectively - we want it all!! xxx"

Expecting that on here,,,,,,,,, no wonder you're single haha

birmingham

"Yes, it is, it's very important. Luckily it comes across - or doesn't - quite quickly on sites like these.

And while many will state it isn't important generally, I'd saw, they are lacking in it."

I'd say the lack of being able to spell proves a lot also