FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > An Amnesty

An Amnesty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There seems to be a plethora of sob stories on these forums, mainly from single guys complaining about not being able to meet anyone, or not getting replies to emails.

Really guys, some self realisation would go an awful long way to making the site better for everyone. Far too many cock photos going around, and people with such obviously badly written profiles, harassing women, sending badly thought out emails over & over again. Can people not see that it's a vicious circle, a self perpetuating mess of their own creation?

I suggest an amnesty on cock photos unless specifically requested, on bombarding people, on trolling & sending hate-mail. One email per person, no less than 5 lines/sentences tailored to the profile replied to. No copy/paste. For the good of human contact.

I'm pissing in the wind aren't I?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is very windy out there

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The types of men who do that won't read your forum thread and if they do, won't take any notice of it.

Agree with all OP said, alas i also agree your pissing in the wind.

Copy and paste that to every man on here and ask for feedback. Tell them you definitely don't work for Sydney University

What about the site owners putting up some of this in a 'guidelines' doc for people perhaps?

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

A great idea but sad but true it will never happen

They should keep doing it the same because it makes the decent people stand out from the idiots.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"What about the site owners putting up some of this in a 'guidelines' doc for people perhaps?"

That's a good idea.

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

"There seems to be a plethora of sob stories on these forums, mainly from single guys complaining about not being able to meet anyone, or not getting replies to emails.

Really guys, some self realisation would go an awful long way to making the site better for everyone. Far too many cock photos going around, and people with such obviously badly written profiles, harassing women, sending badly thought out emails over & over again. Can people not see that it's a vicious circle, a self perpetuating mess of their own creation?

I suggest an amnesty on cock photos unless specifically requested, on bombarding people, on trolling & sending hate-mail. One email per person, no less than 5 lines/sentences tailored to the profile replied to. No copy/paste. For the good of human contact.

"

good idea unfortunately no chance of working

"They should keep doing it the same because it makes the decent people stand out from the idiots."

The problem is, Scarlett, that the men who do go to the lengths of writing sensible emails, get lost in the pile or ignored because women are inundated. Which in turn, leads them to sending less well thought out emails, which in turn mean women get more bullshit, which in turn....ad infinitum..

hastings

[Removed by poster at 22/10/14 07:35:05]

hastings

"They should keep doing it the same because it makes the decent people stand out from the idiots.

The problem is, Scarlett, that the men who do go to the lengths of writing sensible emails, get lost in the pile or ignored because women are inundated. Which in turn, leads them to sending less well thought out emails, which in turn mean women get more bullshit, which in turn....ad infinitum.."

"They should keep doing it the same because it makes the decent people stand out from the idiots.

The problem is, Scarlett, that the men who do go to the lengths of writing sensible emails, get luost in the pile or ignored because women are inundated. Which in turn, leads them to sending less well thought out emails, which in turn mean women get more bullshit, which in turn....ad infinitum.."

The clever women go looking for decent men and know how to manage their profiles so they don't get loads of mail.

Is the problem really the idiot guys? Or something else?

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

The problem is, Scarlett, that the men who do go to the lengths of writing sensible emails, get lost in the pile or ignored because women are inundated. Which in turn, leads them to sending less well thought out emails, which in turn mean women get more bullshit, which in turn....ad infinitum.."

Well this may be true but if the senders are sensible, as you are suggesting they should be, then they will realise this and not bombard the lady or couple with crasser or cruder messages, but just move on.

I believe that being ignored is part of the experience and expectation for single guys on the site, and need not compromise style or standards.

"Well this may be true but if the senders are sensible, as you are suggesting they should be, then they will realise this and not bombard the lady or couple with crasser or cruder messages, but just move on.

I believe that being ignored is part of the experience and expectation for single guys on the site, and need not compromise style or standards.

"

I didn't mean the nice guys bombard people - I think you might be confusing the two points a little bit. Personally I don't have an issue with any of this, apart from emails that never get read due to the amount people receive, but I believe those things are interlinked.

[Removed by poster at 22/10/14 08:02:21]

"The clever women go looking for decent men and know how to manage their profiles so they don't get loads of mail.

Is the problem really the idiot guys? Or something else?"

I'm not sure - what do you think it might be if it's not the idiot guys? I think volume of mail is a major issue.

Really?? An amnesty on cock photos? Being told how/what to write??

Please.....I've heard it all now

"The clever women go looking for decent men and know how to manage their profiles so they don't get loads of mail.

Is the problem really the idiot guys? Or something else?

I'm not sure - what do you think it might be if it's not the idiot guys? I think volume of mail is a major issue."

That's what I use filters for. I only take them off infrequently, usually for a forum related thread.

Like Scarlet said above , you pretty quickly work out who the decent guys are.

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

The problem is, Scarlett, that the men who do go to the lengths of writing sensible emails, get lost in the pile or ignored because women are inundated. Which in turn, leads them to sending less well thought out emails, which in turn mean women get more bullshit, which in turn....ad infinitum.. "

Sorry I should have quoted this message as the one to which I was responding in my previous post.

I just don't subscribe to the seemingly popular view held by many single guys on the site that it is other guys' behaviour that spoils everything for them and that "my brilliant tailored messages just don't get opened".

Yes, messages do get lost in the pile, but you have to accept that and move on and/or get noticed in different ways at clubs or social events.

Getting others (who don't read forum posts anyway) to change behaviour and stop sending crass messages, just isn't going to happen..

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Women can pretty much work things out for themselves.

The volume of mail wouldn't decrease it would just change to hundreds.of five line messages.

What about the women who like cock photos?

its a free world so live and let live everyones different and that's how we like it .....far to many do gooders on here

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

They won't read it, you could put No cock shots, as first line of profile and would still get mail asking if you would like some.

We put our Kik name on ours and still get, do you have Kik mails or what's your Kik.

Starting to think only part of profile read/seen are pics... We need to be able to comment on pics like some sites, it may get read then.

i agree with this, no cock pics unless asked and more than a 1 line message tailored to that profile but not a novel either, something short and simple

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There seems to be a plethora of sob stories on these forums, mainly from single guys complaining about not being able to meet anyone, or not getting replies to emails.

"

sorry... when i read this all that is going on in my head are the sound of horns and trumpets and the sounds of hoofs... alas a white knight approacheth..... beseech me!!!!

other than that.....

the people who that applies to probably aren't reading the forums anyway......

so really... did sir robin run away....

Totally agree with Scarlett. When I am looking for single men it's easy to sort the wheat from the chaff by the quality of messages. The good ones really do stand out and all get an answer.

I really don't understand the amount of women that think it's a good idea that every message should be how they want it to be written etc. Think about it ladies. You all moan that you get too many messages. What if every guy had decent pictures an wrote a lovely message and had decent profiles. How on earth would you have time to read hundreds of messages like that and be able to sort out who is decent meet material? Surely it is much easier to pick out those that you will never want to meet if they send the type of messages you don't like and the type of pics you don't like? Do you really want guys to follow the "fab forum formula" and receive identical messages from identical profiles?? I know I don't, but that seems to be heading towards what the OP is suggesting.

Im standing out of the way of the windy piss

There seems to be a plethora of sob stories on these forums,

Another sob story?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

actually... disagree... and that is a kop out answer...

if you are going to stand out... you will find a way for you to stand out!!!

also... to be honest... if people want something specific, I don't see why on earth they should wait on it coming to them... in a way thats kinda lazy...

if couples/women want something...be the hunters as opposed to the hunted!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I really don't understand the amount of women that think it's a good idea that every message should be how they want it to be written etc. Think about it ladies. You all moan that you get too many messages. What if every guy had decent pictures an wrote a lovely message and had decent profiles. How on earth would you have time to read hundreds of messages like that and be able to sort out who is decent meet material? Surely it is much easier to pick out those that you will never want to meet if they send the type of messages you don't like and the type of pics you don't like? Do you really want guys to follow the "fab forum formula" and receive identical messages from identical profiles?? I know I don't, but that seems to be heading towards what the OP is suggesting."

I agree. It is much easier to sort the sheep from the goats that way other wise we might as well have a standard form for people to fill in.

Welcome back Gladiator,thought I recognised the name and the torso

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you want to stand out, why would you want all the people who don't to act the same way as you.

We are all different and all like different things, maybe the best way is to let us all decide what we want in our mailboxes.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Im standing out of the way of the windy piss "

"I really don't understand the amount of women that think it's a good idea that every message should be how they want it to be written etc. Think about it ladies. You all moan that you get too many messages. What if every guy had decent pictures an wrote a lovely message and had decent profiles. How on earth would you have time to read hundreds of messages like that and be able to sort out who is decent meet material? Surely it is much easier to pick out those that you will never want to meet if they send the type of messages you don't like and the type of pics you don't like? Do you really want guys to follow the "fab forum formula" and receive identical messages from identical profiles?? I know I don't, but that seems to be heading towards what the OP is suggesting."

This.

Just to be clear, my post is not a sob story one. I don't have a problem hooking up with people on here on in the real world.

Having read your opinions, perhaps the only issue I really have with the site is the volume of mail, which I guess points to there being way more men than women & couples? This probably isn't news to anyone, but thanks for all the input, it's good to get outside points of view on these things, and pretty much nobody got upset or pissed off. A helpful exercise

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Imagine if they all came and compained in the forums......big forum....big threads or would it be like the Meets n Requests sector with many 0 responses

"Agree with all OP said, alas i also agree your pissing in the wind."

Utterly and totally, in both regards. *sigh*

"Welcome back Gladiator,thought I recognised the name and the torso "

And hello Honeypot - still cavorting around with that fabulous backside in tow, I see

» Add a new message to this topic