FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Scaring off potential partners?

Scaring off potential partners?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've experienced this a couple of times now.

Just getting into a relationship, get physical, talk about my experiences with this lifestyle, and then it all goes cold.

I'd much rather be honest than try to hide anything - it's not like I'm trying to pressure potential partners into anything! Is it such a turn off? I think if the roles were reversed, I'd absolutely love it!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Story of my life

It's not for everyone. If I was ever in a relationship again I would want monogamy

prefer honesty - or at least let potential partner be aware of how openminded you are sexually so when you eek out the rest its not an aaargh moment

By *ightowl99Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

"I think if the roles were reversed, I'd absolutely love it!"

There's your problem. Don't assume that all women think like you.

I guess it's the way you bring it up?

In a new(ish) relationship partners may want you to focus on them and have your exclusive sexual attention.

I appreciate your desire to be honest but you can do that without being right up front when the physical side starts - I would imagine most ladies would want to feel special and signalling too early you have a desire to shag other women or see her get fucked by other people!

Without knowing the facts maybe it's a softer gently gently approach you need over time?

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"It's not for everyone. If I was ever in a relationship again I would want monogamy "

Me too, I wouldn't be interested in sharing myself or my partner

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I guess it's the way you bring it up?

In a new(ish) relationship partners may want you to focus on them and have your exclusive sexual attention.

I appreciate your desire to be honest but you can do that without being right up front when the physical side starts - I would imagine most ladies would want to feel special and signalling too early you have a desire to shag other women or see her get fucked by other people!

Without knowing the facts maybe it's a softer gently gently approach you need over time?"

This!

Yeah, I don't dive straight in with the sordid details!

It inevitably come up in conversation at some point though. I think next time I'll say I've just resigned as a monk...!

Its why were all on here ,were all fooked up hahahahahaha

I wouldn't even mention it if I wasn't planning on swinging with them, who you have sex with prior to meeting someone is irrelevant, if you meet someone and have no intentions of staying in this life style I see no reason to bring it up

"Its why were all on here ,were all fooked up hahahahahaha "

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I guess it's the way you bring it up?

Without knowing the facts maybe it's a softer gently gently approach you need over time?

This! "

"Its why were all on here ,were all fooked up hahahahahaha

"

Fuck it am avin a slug ,you want one?

"I wouldn't even mention it if I wasn't planning on swinging with them, who you have sex with prior to meeting someone is irrelevant, if you meet someone and have no intentions of staying in this life style I see no reason to bring it up"

Here here, why should I have to tell people I was on a swingers site.

"I think if the roles were reversed, I'd absolutely love it!

There's your problem. Don't assume that all women think like you."

EXACTLY

"I wouldn't even mention it if I wasn't planning on swinging with them, who you have sex with prior to meeting someone is irrelevant, if you meet someone and have no intentions of staying in this life style I see no reason to bring it up"

And there's the rub: is there maybe part of you that wants to continue with the lifestyle in a new relationship and you're 'testing the waters'? If not, don't mention it xx

"I wouldn't even mention it if I wasn't planning on swinging with them, who you have sex with prior to meeting someone is irrelevant, if you meet someone and have no intentions of staying in this life style I see no reason to bring it up

And there's the rub: is there maybe part of you that wants to continue with the lifestyle in a new relationship and you're 'testing the waters'? If not, don't mention it xx "

I suppose there is. I enjoy the lifestyle, and I'd live to share it with someone!

"I wouldn't even mention it if I wasn't planning on swinging with them, who you have sex with prior to meeting someone is irrelevant, if you meet someone and have no intentions of staying in this life style I see no reason to bring it up

And there's the rub: is there maybe part of you that wants to continue with the lifestyle in a new relationship and you're 'testing the waters'? If not, don't mention it xx

I suppose there is. I enjoy the lifestyle, and I'd live to share it with someone!"

Well it's great that you're honest. Be aware though, that most folk -even if interested in the lifestyle (see some of the above posts) -prefer a period of monogamy at the start of a new relationship to bond and consolidate the attachment. Maybe it's a case of waiting a little longer before bringing it up. Good luck xx

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Or do as I did and meet a partner from the scene.

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

"It's not for everyone. If I was ever in a relationship again I would want monogamy

Me too, I wouldn't be interested in sharing myself or my partner "

same here

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

Shouldn't this be in POF or Match.com?

You are preaching to the choir here, but if you are looking for a lifelong partner and soul-mate, a swingers' site is probably the wrong place to be.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Shouldn't this be in POF or Match.com?

You are preaching to the choir here, but if you are looking for a lifelong partner and soul-mate, a swingers' site is probably the wrong place to be."

I didn't think the OP said he met them here. But even if he did, what would be the issue? You can meet your partner anywhere. Doesn't need to be on a dating site.

"Shouldn't this be in POF or Match.com?

You are preaching to the choir here, but if you are looking for a lifelong partner and soul-mate, a swingers' site is probably the wrong place to be.

I didn't think the OP said he met them here. But even if he did, what would be the issue? You can meet your partner anywhere. Doesn't need to be on a dating site. "

If you're looking for someone to be in a swinging relationship with... look on here!

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I think when a couple meet in the real (vanilla) world the decision to become swingers happens over a period of time. Once they trust and know each other completely they sometimes decide to include others. Then they come onto a site like this. I think once you are in the lifestyle it becomes obvious how good it is but to the uninitiated it's a very big step and out of their comfort zone. Like others have said you need to develop a relationship until it maybe gets to the point where this would become acceptable or find someone on here that already shares your likes/desires

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

This!

By *ilthygorgeous1Couple  over a year ago

Oxford

"Or do as I did and meet a partner from the scene. "

This!

Oxford

"I think when a couple meet in the real (vanilla) world the decision to become swingers happens over a period of time. Once they trust and know each other completely they sometimes decide to include others. Then they come onto a site like this. I think once you are in the lifestyle it becomes obvious how good it is but to the uninitiated it's a very big step and out of their comfort zone. Like others have said you need to develop a relationship until it maybe gets to the point where this would become acceptable or find someone on here that already shares your likes/desires "

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Oxford

We had been together 7 years before we started swinging. And that only came around because

A. We had an amazing sex life

B. We were more than open about our sexuality.

C. We had trust

D. We took things slowly.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I also scare men off in the same way. I just stick to not dating now. I have met only a few people that I would have possibly considered becoming emotionally involved with but there is always something massive missing for me. So I just stick with fab and my heart stays with myself and my kids.

Oxford

Oh and we were and still are totally in love.

Ain't that lovely

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"Yeah, I don't dive straight in with the sordid details!

It inevitably come up in conversation at some point though. I think next time I'll say I've just resigned as a monk...!"

I just say something like 'lets just say I've had some interesting experienes' and leave it at - if they want to know more I explain from there. My natural state is monogamy so the issue of still then wanting to shag others doesn't occur for me.

"I've experienced this a couple of times now.

Just getting into a relationship, get physical, talk about my experiences with this lifestyle, and then it all goes cold.

I'd much rather be honest than try to hide anything - it's not like I'm trying to pressure potential partners into anything! Is it such a turn off? I think if the roles were reversed, I'd absolutely love it!"

This is the one reason I am on here. I have experienced the same thing. I love being open minded & liberal with my approach to my sexuality and all things sexual.

I have always envisioned myself in a partnership with the right man where we are in love and are able to freely discuss anything without anything being a taboo. I feel it's important to express oneself even if it means that certain things are not lived out.

An open relationship is one of being honest and transparent and not playing nookey behind your partners back.

"We had been together 7 years before we started swinging. And that only came around because

A. We had an amazing sex life

B. We were more than open about our sexuality.

C. We had trust

D. We took things slowly."

Absolutely LOVE what you guys have xXx

I'm the same. I want a swinging relationship but so many guys aren't happy to share their woman. Have to respect that though and just keep looking for the right one.

I don't just say the things I have gotten upto, if someone asked me a question I would answer it honestly but I don't feel the need to tell partners about my previous sex life.

» Add a new message to this topic