FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Too easy to steal photos on fab

Too easy to steal photos on fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ongleggedfemale OP   Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

Had my pics stolen and used before and now been told someone local is emailing them about...thanks! Can fab please tighten their website security as it's easy to save pics from the mobile site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Had my pics stolen and used before and now been told someone local is emailing them about...thanks! Can fab please tighten their website security as it's easy to save pics from the mobile site."

It's easy to copy any pic on the Internet. Full stop. Not much fab or anyone else can do about it.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Had my pics stolen and used before and now been told someone local is emailing them about...thanks! Can fab please tighten their website security as it's easy to save pics from the mobile site."

It's easy to save anything on a screen - either via mobile or laptop - just screen print!!

What exactly do you expect the site to be able to do?

If you post pics anywhere on the internet they can be copied.

A

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Don't put pics up is the only solution to your problem, really.

As others said, best keeping them private. But glad I got chance to have a peek.....great pics

If you don't want your pics stolen then don't put any up. It doesn't matter what site you post pictures on, whether it's this site or other social networking sites they can be copied. And with technology these days and most smart phones have screen shot functions it's all too easy for anyone to copy pictures, not really much this site can do to protect your pictures

lol anyone can do it, its in public domain.. not just on fab.

nobody wants to nick ours

Sorry to sound harsh but thats an incredibly naive statement. Pictures on the we are very easy to steal and any website claiming to be secure is lying to you.

I had one as well doing it to me, someone emailed me and saw one of my pics on a profile, funnie if they meet someone wouldn't it lol.

Bucks

Thanks i know its easy to steal. Im on another site and it doesnt appear that easy on there..just saying. Especially for a techno idiot!

watermark them with your username and website address is about the safest way (like we do)

Bucks

That wouldnt stop whats happened unfortunately as they are being emailled outside this site

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Thanks i know its easy to steal. Im on another site and it doesnt appear that easy on there..just saying. Especially for a techno idiot!

"

If you check the FAQs on here Admin explain just how easy it is to take pics from anywhere on the net....

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

So the only way to keep them 100% safe is to not put them on the net if you are worried about someone else copying them.

"That wouldnt stop whats happened unfortunately as they are being emailled outside this site"

Well any video or image whatsoever is just as easy to take no matter what site unfortunately

Only other way round it is to keep them private

By *r jblMan  over a year ago

from parts unknown

. It has happened to me I know were your coming from.

By *ft2RugbyLadMan  over a year ago

travelling

The only way round it really is to put your username as a watermark across the picture, were gonna have to start doing that if any more fake profiles popup with our pics

"The only way round it really is to put your username as a watermark across the picture, were gonna have to start doing that if any more fake profiles popup with our pics "

Even then someone with a decent photo edit software can make the watermark vanish , unfortunately the only safe way to keep your pics secure is to never take any , or use old fashioned film and process it yourself and keep them in a locked vault lol.

Watermarking helps and also keeping easily recognisable features off the public domain if your worried about it

"Thanks i know its easy to steal. Im on another site and it doesnt appear that easy on there..just saying. Especially for a techno idiot!

"

It's easy on any site!!!

That's why my face will never appear in a fab or sexually related photo! Deny deny deny!!

Happened to us too, our face pics are private now for that reason x

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

It's easy to steal a image from any site, even if fab did block rightclicksaveas

From there crm. People can still screenshot from their phone/tablet or PC/laptop etc

In fact if I image is online it can be oh so easily copied.

So not just fab m'dear

However, I can see why your frustrated

If you check the FAQs on here Admin explain just how easy it is to take pics from anywhere on the net....

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

So the only way to keep them 100% safe is to not put them on the net if you are worried about someone else copying them."

Well, we all know how to do. It now!

So the only way to keep them 100% safe is to not put them on the net if you are worried about someone else copying them.

Well, we all know how to do. It now!"

Lol that's a copy and paste from the sites FAQ so anyone who has read them will have seen it.

There is only one way to protect your pictures and that's by not posting them.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"That's why my face will never appear in a fab or sexually related photo! Deny deny deny!! "

It may have already been suggested but I'm pretty sure FAB could apply a watermark to all photos posted. You could also apply your own watermark to your photos prior to posting. It still won't stop people nicking them though. I've seen watermarked photos posted on other sites that quite clearly don't belong to the poster.

put a watermark right in the middle of the photo, they won't be able to use them then

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

we use the watermark thing as some one told us some of our pics were put on a certain website, but apparently it still happens, we not come across them yet, but probably too embarrassed to look in case we find some

» Add a new message to this topic