FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > NHS GUM

NHS GUM

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi fabbers,

After our latest check up we were surprised that we hadn't noticed a few things about our local clinic, (no longer GUM but ISH). We were also disappointed that they have stopped sending all clear messages saying that if we didn't hear back within 2 weeks all was good, we did like the security of an all clear txt.

We were also told that this was the last year the clinic would be run by the local NHS trust and that the contract was being put out to tender for private companies to bid for.

I'm not sure what others think of that but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking we may lose some of the services on offer.

What do you guys think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Lol another failed thread.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

Thanks for reminding me I really must go again.

Last time I went (about 3 years ago - don't panic i was single then, until recently lol) and that was a drop in.

When I went to hospital a coupla weeks ago I looked on the GUM door to check times, and was disappointed to see now its appointment only. You can try a drop in, but you have to wait for end of clinic, and hope you will be seen.

So, til I actually go, I wont know if any other changes have been made here.

Well 2 weeks have gone and no txt so we are guessing no news is good news

By *ola.Woman  over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

My local GUM doesn't send texts anymore.The same no news in 2 weeks means good news. I was given an I.D number and you can phone them just to double check your results.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I realy can't understand why they have not go the way of most places now and give you an online account where you can check results and make apointments also keeping track of you're visits.

It does not have to have you're name on it just an acount number

"I realy can't understand why they have not go the way of most places now and give you an online account where you can check results and make apointments also keeping track of you're visits.

It does not have to have you're name on it just an acount number "

That sounds like a good idea and maybe it will happen in the future.

I just think its the prelude to privatisation as the nurse at the clinic mentioned.

"My local GUM doesn't send texts anymore.The same no news in 2 weeks means good news. I was given an I.D number and you can phone them just to double check your results."

This is what mine does too.

By *exynurse111Couple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Unfortunately a lot of health sectors are being put out to tender and private companies like virgin, harmoni, badger etc are picking them up and then of course cut costs as it's now a business to them. I've seen many departments go in this direction and it's the workers that suffer and the public that feel the direct effects of their ruthless cost cutting

Yes I'm wondering how things will change and will they be positive or will we end up losing the service

By *andtsurreyCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"Unfortunately a lot of health sectors are being put out to tender and private companies like virgin, harmoni, badger etc are picking them up and then of course cut costs as it's now a business to them. I've seen many departments go in this direction and it's the workers that suffer and the public that feel the direct effects of their ruthless cost cutting "

There will be something quite ironic about a GUM clinic run by Virgin lol

I went and they will text results which i do like to see even though nothing x

"I went and they will text results which i do like to see even though nothing x"

our clinic used to do it but stopped in the middle of this year. It's now no news is good news.

» Add a new message to this topic