FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Bare back

Bare back

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok ok ok it's been posted a million times

But

Why would ANYONE

meet and bare back at a dogging site with a bare back cum slut ???

Or am I missing something ??

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *anddancer79Man  over a year ago

south tyne

Erm cause they enjoy Russian roulette ?

I guess so

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because they can; and want to. That us why.

"Because they can; and want to. That us why. "

I just do not understand why anyone would

Anything for a shot at some pussy. I wonder how many men who claim they only have safe sex would take this offer up if they'd not had any for a long time.

Taking the STD thing out of the equation, who the fuck wants to be the 10th person to cum in this ragged pussy? Bleurgh

By *anddancer79Man  over a year ago

south tyne

Still if they stupid enough it's up to them

"Anything for a shot at some pussy. I wonder how many men who claim they only have safe sex would take this offer up if they'd not had any for a long time.

Taking the STD thing out of the equation, who the fuck wants to be the 10th person to cum in this ragged pussy? Bleurgh

"

Agreed

"Erm cause they enjoy Russian roulette ? "

Russian roulette has a 1:6 chance of killing you by blowing your head apart with a bullet. I am shocked to hear that the mortality rate at soome dogging meetings is so high and no one has done anything about it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Because they can; and want to. That us why.

I just do not understand why anyone would "

Why do you need to understand it? It's their choice. As long as they let you know so you can choose not to meet them then that's all that matters.

"Erm cause they enjoy Russian roulette ?

Russian roulette has a 1:6 chance of killing you by blowing your head apart with a bullet. I am shocked to hear that the mortality rate at soome dogging meetings is so high and no one has done anything about it. "

That made me LOL x

"Erm cause they enjoy Russian roulette ?

Russian roulette has a 1:6 chance of killing you by blowing your head apart with a bullet. I am shocked to hear that the mortality rate at soome dogging meetings is so high and no one has done anything about it.

That made me LOL x"

Lol

It's the women that are happy to do it...meet someone for the first time and let them go BB,

Theres so many that do it too...not good

I avoid who does BB

Personally I'm comfortable with playing bareback so long as I trust my partner and she trusts me, but I'd never meet a self professed 'cum slut' - far too big of a gamble, and the thought in general does nothing for me sexually.

I want to feel properly, individually valued and appreciated by my meets, not seen as just another spunk donor for their fetish.

"It's the women that are happy to do it...meet someone for the first time and let them go BB,

I avoid who does BB "

Glad you said it. It's all very well criticising the guys that do it but remember it takes two to tango and if the guys are doing it there's clearly woman at fault for doing it too.

Personally I never play BB with anyone from here or at a club. Only ever with someone I'm in a relationship with and have been for a while so trust them!

"It's the women that are happy to do it...meet someone for the first time and let them go BB,

I avoid who does BB

Glad you said it. It's all very well criticising the guys that do it but remember it takes two to tango and if the guys are doing it there's clearly woman at fault for doing it too.

Personally I never play BB with anyone from here or at a club. Only ever with someone I'm in a relationship with and have been for a while so trust them!"

Like you said it takes 2,

I've noticed much older women do it more

Or are they desperate for a shag...???

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I avoid anyone I suspect of bb. Up to them if they do it but it is the height of stupidity in my eyes and I'd prefer not to be exposed if I can help it.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"I avoid anyone I suspect of bb. Up to them if they do it but it is the height of stupidity in my eyes and I'd prefer not to be exposed if I can help it. "

agree totally.love that you used the word suspect, hits nail on head. It's amazing the amount of folks proclaiming they NEVER meet those who've played bareback. The only person you can 100% be sure plays safe is yourself .You have no clue what others do regarding safe sex .You can only ensure you do what you can to protect yourself . Best to assume anyone you meets doesn't play safe .

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

Especially with the increase in Hep B going around.....

Slow suicide by any other name .

Perhaps they've nothing to lose ????

"Especially with the increase in Hep B going around.....

Slow suicide by any other name . "

That's a good phrase for it

By *corpiomanMan  over a year ago

harrogate

When meeting someone for "bb" fun, the female obviously wants and enjoys feel of a man cumin in her and the male enjoys filling the female...simple as that.

As for the std risks, maybe that's the point of the "bb" fun as i presume it adds to the excitement.

And someone said to me I am hot so they would love to b b me . Wtf . How someone looks means nothing !!

Slow suicide by any other name . "

Good point on Hep B. World wide most Hep B is spread from mother to child and from child to child. I am sure as hell keeping away from these darn children!

It's up to them we also assume everybody does bare back as you have no idea really

Of course people do it. The swinging community is so small that everyone is less than 6 degrees of separation from someone that does.

By *oody39Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

"Anything for a shot at some pussy. I wonder how many men who claim they only have safe sex would take this offer up if they'd not had any for a long time.

"

I've not had full sex for about six weeks,would I jump at this? Not a hope in hell. I value my life.

Good point on Hep B. World wide most Hep B is spread from mother to child and from child to child. I am sure as hell keeping away from these darn children! "

Ps - you can always get vaccinated against Hep B.

Good point on Hep B. World wide most Hep B is spread from mother to child and from child to child. I am sure as hell keeping away from these darn children! "

How do you know it's not those mother's you're fucking?

"It's up to them we also assume everybody does bare back as you have no idea really "

Simples. Just protect yourself as best you can.

They do it because they think the rewards out weight the risks.

I am not advocating BB as I feel the risks out weight the benefits, but just a thought for those people who love to jump on a bareback thread saying they care too much for their own health and that anyone that does is stupid.....do any of you drink more than the recommended units of alcohol a week? do you smoke? do you eat a poor diet? all these are silent killers, we all know this but lots of people feel that for these things the rewards DO out weight the risks.

if people choose to do bareback then that's up to them we are all responsible for our own health and the choices we make, Witch hunting people who do just makes people reluctant to admit it and doesn't make it any safer for those that don't.

When I was 15, my dad and I had a chat about sex. He's one of those parents that believes reality is the best deterrent. He said that when he was growing up, the worst thing you could really get from sex was gonorrhea, aids wasn't around and hepatitis and syphilis were rare. He looked at me and said 'you know, when you have sex with someone now you're not just taking your life in your hands, you're putting it in someone else's'

Those words stuck with me. Ive been tempted to forego protection, but I don't. I would if I knew and trusted someone like in a relationship but not on a casual basis. However, I think that people both have the 'it only happens to other people'mentality and minimize the impact that aids or hep would have on their lives. Because they don't kill you like they used to, people don't see them as much if a threat as they used to

At the end of the day, though, we really don't have to understand why someone makes a choice, or why they make the choice they made. We have to respect their right to make that choice, regardless of how much we disagree with the decision they've made.

"It's up to them we also assume everybody does bare back as you have no idea really

Simples. Just protect yourself as best you can. "

That's what i mean we assume everyone does so we take steps to protect ourselves.

Would like to pose the question how many of the people outraged by bb on here use oral damns and condoms during meets ?

older women don't have to worry about getting pregnant, I would worry about catching HIV more than anything because a lot of people don't know if theyv got it or wouldn't bother to tell you even if they did. Trouble is there are people who do bare back who have lots of verifications and it puts you off meeting them, just a bit. also using a condom isn't 100% safe either.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Good point on Hep B. World wide most Hep B is spread from mother to child and from child to child. I am sure as hell keeping away from these darn children!

Ps - you can always get vaccinated against Hep B. "

Yep!

But that would mean fessing up to being swingers at the GUM clinic. (Which we did and had the jabs.)

Every time a thread about getting tested gets posted it seems all that contribute are apparently (cough) getting tested regularly - but I wonder how many a.) actually are, and b.) have had the Hep B jabs?

I'd guess a slightly lower percentage than 100!

A

I had the hep b jabs I don't mind telling them im a swinger.

Ps - you can always get vaccinated against Hep B.

Yep!

But that would mean fessing up to being swingers at the GUM clinic. (Which we did and had the jabs.)

Every time a thread about getting tested gets posted it seems all that contribute are apparently (cough) getting tested regularly - but I wonder how many a.) actually are, and b.) have had the Hep B jabs?

I'd guess a slightly lower percentage than 100!

A"

I go regularly to clinic but never been offered it

what I meant to say was that, it can put you off meeting men who meet women who do bare back sex especialy if they have lots of verifications.

"what I meant to say was that, it can put you off meeting men who meet women who do bare back sex especialy if they have lots of verifications."

Totally .

Whether people are tested or not is irrelevant. I think some feel they are safe if they're tested and may take risks because of it.

Let's say you've been tested. You engage in bb. Do you KNOW if the other person is clear?

How do you know it's not those mother's you're fucking? "

Good point. So no KISSING, No unprotected intercourse, no going near their blood, no blood transfusion; phew, I feel much safer now.

The W.H.O. puts the risk of contracting Hep B (not dying) as between 1:20,000 and 1:10,000; if you have contact with an infected person. Risk of dying in a car accident 1:2,600. I am trying to get a condom for my car as we speak!!

By *lan43sumMan  over a year ago

Leicester

BB maybe does come more into discussion with us oldies. Maybe the zero risk of pregnancy liberates ladies? I don't know. Individual choice really.

But on oral..can someone say where the risk really ramps up..is it coming in the mouth/over the eyes. And for a bloke sucking a pussy is it the normal pussy juice?

Kissing is said to be pretty safe

"BB maybe does come more into discussion with us oldies. Maybe the zero risk of pregnancy liberates ladies? I don't know. Individual choice really.

But on oral..can someone say where the risk really ramps up..is it coming in the mouth/over the eyes. And for a bloke sucking a pussy is it the normal pussy juice?

Kissing is said to be pretty safe "

The risk from oral sex with women is quite low unless there are cuts or abrasions in the mouth or the woman is on her period as things are more easily transmitted through blood.

If you are sucking cock the risk is a bit higher if they come in your moth, but if you are getting your cock sucked the risk is thought to be virtually nil

Mouth not moth, no moths were harmed in the posting of that comment

"It's up to them we also assume everybody does bare back as you have no idea really

Simples. Just protect yourself as best you can.

That's what i mean we assume everyone does so we take steps to protect ourselves.

Would like to pose the question how many of the people outraged by bb on here use oral damns and condoms during meets ? "

Not many!

[Removed by poster at 19/08/14 11:24:40]

"

I go regularly to clinic but never been offered it "

You can ask for it, however I'm surprised they haven't offered it if you're honest with them about your lifestyle.

The nurse I usually see also runs the clinic at Chameleons, so she is very aware of the lifestyle as are most of her collegues.

"

I go regularly to clinic but never been offered it

You can ask for it, however I'm surprised they haven't offered it if you're honest with them about your lifestyle.

The nurse I usually see also runs the clinic at Chameleons, so she is very aware of the lifestyle as are most of her collegues. "

Unless I have already had it which I may have done as had blood transfusions

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Whether people are tested or not is irrelevant. I think some feel they are safe if they're tested and may take risks because of it.

Let's say you've been tested. You engage in bb. Do you KNOW if the other person is clear? "

Hardly irrelevant. And those that think testing increases safety are doing it for the wrong reason.

It's not a preventative measure - but it's essential as an awareness one, considering symptoms don't always show and early detection is key - both for yourselves and also to enable you to notify those you've played with.

You're responsible for your own health - but should the worst happen you're also morally obliged to notify the relevant other parties.

A

By *lan43sumMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"BB maybe does come more into discussion with us oldies. Maybe the zero risk of pregnancy liberates ladies? I don't know. Individual choice really.

The risk from oral sex with women is quite low unless there are cuts or abrasions in the mouth or the woman is on her period as things are more easily transmitted through blood.

If you are sucking cock the risk is a bit higher if they come in your moth, but if you are getting your cock sucked the risk is thought to be virtually nil"

That's a great answer. Where femidoms or condoms are really not so bad in penetration oral dams really interrupt that tip of the tongue feeling.

Are we saying that the natural juices/saliva are near enough safe..just blood and cum to be avoided?

If you are sucking cock the risk is a bit higher if they come in your moth, but if you are getting your cock sucked the risk is thought to be virtually nil

That's a great answer. Where femidoms or condoms are really not so bad in penetration oral dams really interrupt that tip of the tongue feeling.

Are we saying that the natural juices/saliva are near enough safe..just blood and cum to be avoided?"

That's what i've been told, i used to give sex education to young people as part of my last job and the training came from top microbiologists, however it was a little while ago and of course research discovers new things all the time.

But you have to take into account bleeding gums, ulcers cracked lips.

Only way to guarantee safety is not to swing

"But you have to take into account bleeding gums, ulcers cracked lips.

Only way to guarantee safety is not to swing "

Well, surely the only way is not to have physical contact with any other human being. Howard Hughes tried that and died of malnutrician.

I do love these threads.

Can you get aids by reading a post by someone with aids if you are not wearing 5 condoms and a diving suit?

I'm pretty sure you get HIV is you read something written by someone with AIDS. Whether or not it progresses to full AIDS depends on whether you get check and start on meds.

Because they are adults and can make their own choices

Saw a gang bang group profile that had pics of BB anal..That was enough to put us off meeting a couple that had met with them.

Totally agree the only way to stay 100% safe is not to swing, but you can limit the risk.

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I fail to believe theres so many that have never, i have risked it more than once and thats my choice

Glasgow

And dont believe stds are as common as they make out either

We know that none will own up doing it here, but it happends behind closed doors lol

Glasgow

"We know that none will own up doing it here, but it happends behind closed doors lol "

Ive owned up

Glasgow

"We know that none will own up doing it here, but it happends behind closed doors lol "

Ive owned up

I prefer bareback done it a couple times now but been checked and std cleared but mainly use condoms

"We know that none will own up doing it here, but it happends behind closed doors lol

Ive owned up "

Ah nice one and same as me, love it as well x.

Glasgow

"We know that none will own up doing it here, but it happends behind closed doors lol

Ive owned up Ah nice one and same as me, love it as well x."

Lol, not scared to own up, its my choice no one else business really

Ive owned up Ah nice one and same as me, love it as well x.

Lol, not scared to own up, its my choice no one else business really "

Yes and that's the best to see it as, its personal choice and as well sex is a lot better without one

By *iverscuMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

I wouldn't do it

but its everyone's own choice, it doesn't bother me, people can do what they want.

Glasgow

It would shock yous all that will never do it if i told yous how much i have without EVER getting an std

"It would shock yous all that will never do it if i told yous how much i have without EVER getting an std"

Until the one time you do get one

Glasgow

"It would shock yous all that will never do it if i told yous how much i have without EVER getting an std

Until the one time you do get one "

Who said a will??

Glasgow

Would say by now a should of had one and a havent

"Would say by now a should of had one and a havent "

Well you're lucky . What if one day you end up getting HIV . Won't be gloating then . I play bare with my man I been with for three years and am tested regularly . I feel sick to my stomach that people who meet like that especially random dogging meets

Glasgow

"Would say by now a should of had one and a havent

Well you're lucky . What if one day you end up getting HIV . Won't be gloating then . I play bare with my man I been with for three years and am tested regularly . I feel sick to my stomach that people who meet like that especially random dogging meets "

Yep i have been lucky and may always be, not gloating just saying its my choice

What happens if ur man cheated one nyt bare back and u ended up with hiv?? U just never know do u

"It would shock yous all that will never do it if i told yous how much i have without EVER getting an std

Until the one time you do get one "

LOL ^

I wonder why there isn't an STI Home Testing Kit yet. People would greatly benefit from that, especially here.

What's more, you'd be surprised how even trust alone, for a partner you've been with for a while, can still result in infections that they may or may not have known about.

I know some that contracted syphillis from a well trusted friend because they didn't know about it, because it can remain unnoticed for so long.

I also knew a woman whose husband of many years brought her herpes from a woman he was fucking in the back of his truck on "business trips."

But if even Ebola and AIDS don't scare people who care more about getting their end away without putting their little Smurf hat on, you really have to wonder where we're all headed.

You can buy home testing kits from online pharamacists

Glasgow

Dont see why people are so bothered by what others do, concentrate on playin safe yourself and dont get your knickers in a twist over what strangers do

"You can buy home testing kits from online pharamacists"

Yep they good

"You can buy home testing kits from online pharamacists"

Oh cool. Just online though? You can be caught without quite easily if they're not readily available, right?

Well you're lucky . What if one day you end up getting HIV . Won't be gloating then . I play bare with my man I been with for three years and am tested regularly . I feel sick to my stomach that people who meet like that especially random dogging meets

What happens if ur man cheated one nyt bare back and u ended up with hiv?? U just never know do u "

Yes that's a fact of life . However that's not me meeting some random for sex unprotected . What a silly response

"Dont see why people are so bothered by what others do, concentrate on playin safe yourself and dont get your knickers in a twist over what strangers do"

Simply because it's a small world and because strangers know someone who knows you. That's all a big part of communicability unfortunately.

Glasgow

"Dont see why people are so bothered by what others do, concentrate on playin safe yourself and dont get your knickers in a twist over what strangers do

Simply because it's a small world and because strangers know someone who knows you. That's all a big part of communicability unfortunately."

And?

Glasgow

What happens if ur man cheated one nyt bare back and u ended up with hiv?? U just never know do u

Yes that's a fact of life . However that's not me meeting some random for sex unprotected . What a silly response "

Silly response? Aids is aids wherever u get it from, anyway why stress over something u dont do its none of your business what me and others choose to do

"You can buy home testing kits from online pharamacists

Oh cool. Just online though? You can be caught without quite easily if they're not readily available, right?"

Have no idea,never been into a pharmacist to ask for one

Caught without what quite easily?

Glasgow

And may i add you could easily get herpes, condom or no condom so if u are that concerened perhaps u should not be meeting other randoms for sex

"Dont see why people are so bothered by what others do, concentrate on playin safe yourself and dont get your knickers in a twist over what strangers do

Simply because it's a small world and because strangers know someone who knows you. That's all a big part of communicability unfortunately.

And? "

And even playing safe isn't 100%. Latex gloves can split, so can condoms. STIs spread for more reasons than just irresponsibility. But if people didnt go around barebacking strangers left and right, you'd be in a lot less danger.

Do you have another "and" at hand?

Glasgow

And?

And even playing safe isn't 100%. Latex gloves can split, so can condoms. STIs spread for more reasons than just irresponsibility. But if people didnt go around barebacking strangers left and right, you'd be in a lot less danger.

Do you have another "and" at hand?"

Nope ive stated my choices and im clean thanks for the concern

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

How do you know it's not those mother's you're fucking?

Good point. So no KISSING, No unprotected intercourse, no going near their blood, no blood transfusion; phew, I feel much safer now.

The W.H.O. puts the risk of contracting Hep B (not dying) as between 1:20,000 and 1:10,000; if you have contact with an infected person. Risk of dying in a car accident 1:2,600. I am trying to get a condom for my car as we speak!! "

Don't be a smart arse. Hep B is highly infections. It can be passed on to others without even sexual contact. That means that the person who has not been vaccinated has more chance of catching it with more sexual contact.

Hep B can then be spread to family or friends unwittingly.

from bareback to breeding :-/

This is a subject that is brought up everyday. People do it because they want to do it. It will never stop nor will you be able to ever carry out the "I will never play with people who do bareback".

I would be interested to discover if the chances of having oral sex with a number of men is just as risky as having bb sex with one person

By *azzasheeneMan  over a year ago

kent

I always have a bath in acid and vinegar. Even after a wank!

And?

Nope ive stated my choices and im clean thanks for the concern "

Clean until your next test .

Sorry you have got so worked up

"I always have a bath in acid and vinegar. Even after a wank!"

What a good idea lol

I take care of my own sexual health without looking down my nose at what other people do

I commend those that are honest in how they play,they get more respect from me than those who say one thing and do another,or those that naively/stupidly believe that wearing a condom for penetrative sex means you never have to to get checked out at all because you practice 'safe' sex

Glasgow

And?

"

Yep next test is on tuesday when is yours

"Ok ok ok it's been posted a million times

But

Why would ANYONE

meet and bare back at a dogging site with a bare back cum slut ???

Or am I missing something ??"

Why would anyone share there husband or wife with strangers they hardly new for sex....soft and hardcore then go home with each other and be able to carry on with a normal(ish) life both in and out of the bedroom !!

Glasgow

"I take care of my own sexual health without looking down my nose at what other people do

I commend those that are honest in how they play,they get more respect from me than those who say one thing and do another,or those that naively/stupidly believe that wearing a condom for penetrative sex means you never have to to get checked out at all because you practice 'safe' sex"

Agreed

Can see why some think im daft, but its my "daft" choice and i get check ups reguarly every 2 months or so, theres probably people who never get checked coz they think they dont have to, and its extremely dangerous leaving an std untreated for a long time

Ps - you can always get vaccinated against Hep B. "

But not hep c which currently has a worldwide infection rate of 130-170 million and growing by around 3 million a year...you have around a 5% chance of being infected with hep c through unprotected sex and don't generally know you have it until you start to suffer from irreversible liver damage...

I think people get defensive and worked up because they know they are being so risky

Glasgow

"I think people get defensive and worked up because they know they are being so risky "

Havent said im not being risky of course it is, anyone would be a fool to say it wasnt, but maybe its not as risky as some people are lead to believe

And?

Yep next test is on tuesday when is yours "

And what would you do if it turned out that you had contracted something that could ruin or even end your life? What if that infection could have been spread to other people via you, before you got tested for it?

I have no idea why people would risk their physical and sexual health, but I don't understand a lot of (IMO) questionable decisions people make.

I've learned that sometimes other peoples decisions and thought process just aren't meant to be understood.

If you advocate safe sex then stick to your guns and let everyone else play sexual roulette with theirs

And?

And what would you do if it turned out that you had contracted something that could ruin or even end your life? What if that infection could have been spread to other people via you, before you got tested for it?"

Their choice to play with her,no one is forced to play without a condom,shes an adult,she makes her own choices

And on the suggestion that it is not as risky as I believe, hi, I live next to Bootle, formerly and formally classed as the Chlamydia Capital of Europe.

That isnt even to say that Chlamydia is the only risk. It just goes to show that ignorance spreads more than just recklessness.

Glasgow

And?

And what would you do if it turned out that you had contracted something that could ruin or even end your life? What if that infection could have been spread to other people via you, before you got tested for it?"

If i had spread it its coz someone risked bare back, same way i did from whom i had got it

What would u do IF u get checked and u have herpes? Cant answer that until or IF it ever happend

But i dont need to answer anyones questions abt my sex life i have said what i do so like it or lump it but quite frankly its none of your business anyway

Glasgow

"And on the suggestion that it is not as risky as I believe, hi, I live next to Bootle, formerly and formally classed as the Chlamydia Capital of Europe.

That isnt even to say that Chlamydia is the only risk. It just goes to show that ignorance spreads more than just recklessness."

And in that case i am EXTREMELY lucky

Glasgow

Anyway i have said all i have to say at least i am one of the only ones who will admit to have ever had unprotected sex

Peace out peeps

"And on the suggestion that it is not as risky as I believe, hi, I live next to Bootle, formerly and formally classed as the Chlamydia Capital of Europe.

That isnt even to say that Chlamydia is the only risk. It just goes to show that ignorance spreads more than just recklessness.

And in that case i am EXTREMELY lucky"

so you'd rather risk your life and everyone else you have bareback with just for the sake of a shag? use a condom ffs!

The NHS are spending are fortune coz of people like you who can't be bothered using condoms, it takes a few seconds to put it on!

And?

And what would you do if it turned out that you had contracted something that could ruin or even end your life? What if that infection could have been spread to other people via you, before you got tested for it?

If i had spread it its coz someone risked bare back, same way i did from whom i had got it

What would u do IF u get checked and u have herpes? Cant answer that until or IF it ever happend

But i dont need to answer anyones questions abt my sex life i have said what i do so like it or lump it but quite frankly its none of your business anyway "

It wasn't my business until you brought it into the debate and I added my thoughts to it. I'm not telling you how to live your life, I'm telling you the risks of how you do live your sex life.

If we lived in a society where you were forced to live a certain way, it would be oppression, but the opposite is ignorance and there is nothing worse than your health being destroyed by not paying attention to the facts that you already know.

I'll mind my own business now. Thanks for at least not completely ignoring everything I wrote.

Glasgow

so you'd rather risk your life and everyone else you have bareback with just for the sake of a shag? use a condom ffs!

The NHS are spending are fortune coz of people like you who can't be bothered using condoms, it takes a few seconds to put it on!"

Mind your own business hen

The NHS are spending are fortune coz of people like you who can't be bothered using condoms, it takes a few seconds to put it on!

Mind your own business hen "

if you wanted people to mind their own business then don't bring it into discussion!!

You're obviously happy to make your life a living hell and don't seem to care

This is a hot topic lol

Kissing is said to be pretty safe "

And the over 50s are one of the most rapidly growing groups of new HIV infections because they fail to see that they're at risk.,

And the over 50s are one of the most rapidly growing groups of new HIV infections because they fail to see that they're at risk.,"

You can get Glandular Fever from kissing

if you wanted people to mind their own business then don't bring it into discussion!!

You're obviously happy to make your life a living hell and don't seem to care"

You're obviously happy to make your life a living hell and don't seem to care

"

I've not had full sex for about six weeks,would I jump at this? Not a hope in hell. I value my life."

Good on ya i think its very irresponsible of some women who only accept bb who put pics up and obviously will suffer the consequences of their daft actions when they are sat in the local clinic burying their heads in shame i dont agree with with it

I've not had full sex for about six weeks,would I jump at this? Not a hope in hell. I value my life.

Good on ya i think its very irresponsible of some women who only accept bb who put pics up and obviously will suffer the consequences of their daft actions when they are sat in the local clinic burying their heads in shame i dont agree with with it "

Longest I've gone between shags is three and a half years. I dont want to repeat that, ever, but I have every belief that my right hand will never let me down.

And yes, I do wash my hands!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Good on ya i think its very irresponsible of some women who only accept bb who put pics up and obviously will suffer the consequences of their daft actions when they are sat in the local clinic burying their heads in shame i dont agree with with it

Longest I've gone between shags is three and a half years. I dont want to repeat that, ever, but I have every belief that my right hand will never let me down.

And yes, I do wash my hands! "

You could be extra safe - and wear latex gloves!

A

Good on ya i think its very irresponsible of some women who only accept bb who put pics up and obviously will suffer the consequences of their daft actions when they are sat in the local clinic burying their heads in shame i dont agree with with it "

As they bloody should . Shame on them

I had always assumed that barebackers were a bit simple but I had a first meet Saturday with a bright, intelligent guy who must've asked me about 20 times to ditch the condom. Even when i said I hadn't been tested for a while!!!

I was and still am really shocked at the stupidity.

Pmsl hope so lol what ya mean bdtween shags? Lol

Can people please get one things straight - AIDS is not the same as having HIV. Know the difference.

I commend the people who admit to playing bareback for being honest about it. What many people here might find interesting is how any people who preach safe sex always do bareback. When I contracted HIV I updated every profile I had on websites and apps to reflect this and was horrified and angered by the number of people who messaged me for unprotected sex, and even more outraged by those who proclaimed "Safe sex only" on their profiles.

People lie. Work from that truism and decide how much to trust each person individually but for fuck's sake educate yourselves people.

Recent evidence suggests that HepC is not transmitted through sexual fluids, but by blood alone, so any Hep C risk derives from the risk of cuts and open wounds. Cuts and open wounds do happen and exist in more rough sexual practices sure, but don't conflate the two.

HIV is not a death sentence. It's barely an inconvenience; I take a pill a day and have no side effects other than the odd crazy dream. Antihistamines cause me bigger problems. I'm not saying it shouldn't be cared about - I'm persistently conscious that the NHS is spending £500 a month keeping me healthy - but put it in perspective.

Sexual proclivities are a person choice (with the full knowledge and understanding between any people engaging in sexual activities of what the risks are) and so is eating chocolate, using a car rather than cycling, drinking alcohol and yet we never seen threads complaining about cholesterol levels do we?

Barebacking is no more stupid than the above, and certainly less damaging to your health and the NHS than smoking, so any smokers in this thread preaching how stupid others are should go look in a mirror.

Make your own choices, but do them from a position of knowledge. Otherwise you just sound like a dickhead.

As they bloody should . Shame on them "

Ive seen some of the womens profiles on here and they have had over a 150 odd men on here all bb

Pmsl hope so lol what ya mean bdtween shags? Lol

LOL I mean I was involuntarily celibate for three and a half years. Major depression and anxiety, serious problems in my personal life. I didn't even touch myself much at all...

With or without the latex glove

[Removed by poster at 19/08/14 16:07:01]

Glasgow

"Can people please get one things straight - AIDS is not the same as having HIV. Know the difference.

I commend the people who admit to playing bareback for being honest about it. What many people here might find interesting is how any people who preach safe sex always do bareback. When I contracted HIV I updated every profile I had on websites and apps to reflect this and was horrified and angered by the number of people who messaged me for unprotected sex, and even more outraged by those who proclaimed "Safe sex only" on their profiles.

People lie. Work from that truism and decide how much to trust each person individually but for fuck's sake educate yourselves people.

Recent evidence suggests that HepC is not transmitted through sexual fluids, but by blood alone, so any Hep C risk derives from the risk of cuts and open wounds. Cuts and open wounds do happen and exist in more rough sexual practices sure, but don't conflate the two.

HIV is not a death sentence. It's barely an inconvenience; I take a pill a day and have no side effects other than the odd crazy dream. Antihistamines cause me bigger problems. I'm not saying it shouldn't be cared about - I'm persistently conscious that the NHS is spending £500 a month keeping me healthy - but put it in perspective.

Sexual proclivities are a person choice (with the full knowledge and understanding between any people engaging in sexual activities of what the risks are) and so is eating chocolate, using a car rather than cycling, drinking alcohol and yet we never seen threads complaining about cholesterol levels do we?

Barebacking is no more stupid than the above, and certainly less damaging to your health and the NHS than smoking, so any smokers in this thread preaching how stupid others are should go look in a mirror.

Make your own choices, but do them from a position of knowledge. Otherwise you just sound like a dickhead."

Spot on, people are quick to judge

"Can people please get one things straight - AIDS is not the same as having HIV. Know the difference.

Make your own choices, but do them from a position of knowledge. Otherwise you just sound like a dickhead."

I wish you many more years of being just as healthy as you are now

You have HIV and have pics of you playing unprotected .....

And? Are you making an assumption about the other person? You don't know their HIV status or relationship to me.

Regardless of those assumptions, I'm undetectable and have perfect adherence to my meds so can't pass it on.

Make your own choices, but do them from a position of knowledge. Otherwise you just sound like a dickhead.

You have HIV and have pics of you playing unprotected ....."

Awkward...

Read his profile before you jump to conclusions

"And? Are you making an assumption about the other person? You don't know their HIV status or relationship to me.

Regardless of those assumptions, I'm undetectable and have perfect adherence to my meds so can't pass it on."

I am shocked . Literally speechless

I wish you many more years of being just as healthy as you are now "

Thank you.

"Read his profile before you jump to conclusions"

Yes I have . However why would you play bare if you hVe HIV undetectable or not

Like a pack of ignorant wolves on here at times

Carry on making yourselves look stupid

"And? Are you making an assumption about the other person? You don't know their HIV status or relationship to me.

Regardless of those assumptions, I'm undetectable and have perfect adherence to my meds so can't pass it on.

I am shocked . Literally speechless "

Maybe you can find the words to explain and then I can tell you why you're the one being stupid, not me.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Having read your profile I applaud your honesty - but I would dispute your claims you 'can't pass it on'.

I'm sure you're aware of the PARTNER study into potential transmission between non HIV positive and HIV positive parents in couples. Google it and read the results.

"As the group studied becomes smaller, so confidence intervals become larger and the certainty of a result becomes more ‘fuzzy’. This means that the maximum likely chance of transmission form someone on fully suppressive HIV therapy was 2% a year for vaginal sex with ejaculation, 2.5% for receptive anal sex, and 4% for receptive anal sex with ejaculation. This latter figure implies a more than one-in-three chance of infection if sexual behaviour remains unchanged over ten years, but again this is a 'worst case' scenario and the likelihood is probably lower."

So not a case where transmission is impossible.

On additional note:

"Condomless sex outside the relationship was much more common in the gay men – a third of the HIV-negative partners reported this, versus 3-4% of heterosexuals. No doubt because of this, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) were much more common in the gay couples, with16% of gay men developing an STI (mainly gonorrhoea or syphilis) during the follow-up period versus 5% of the heterosexuals."

So I'd still suggest conforms as being a useful preventative measure - even if not a guarantee.

A

I like bareback but never at dogging site.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

*partners - not parents.

A

Maybe you can find the words to explain and then I can tell you why you're the one being stupid, not me."

I'm not being stupid . I am seriously questioning my membership to this site now

when you say you can't pass HIV on, newsflash buddy, yes you can! so start rubbering up with every meet otherwise no sex for you!

"Read his profile before you jump to conclusions

Yes I have . However why would you play bare if you hVe HIV undetectable or not "

Maybe go look at the PARTNER STUDY interim findings. 40,000 sex events between poz-neg couples and no transmission from undetectable partners to the neg partner.

Interestingly some people in the study did get HIV but not from their partners.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

And condoms - not conforms.

Frigging autocarrot!!

A

Maybe you can find the words to explain and then I can tell you why you're the one being stupid, not me."

HIV can only be transmitted from an infected person to another through direct contact of bodily fluids such as:

Blood (including menstrual blood)

Semen / Cum / Precum / Ejaculate.

Vaginal secretions.

Breast milk.

Having read your profile I applaud your honesty - but I would dispute your claims you 'can't pass it on'.

I'm sure you're aware of the PARTNER study into potential transmission between non HIV positive and HIV positive parents in couples. Google it and read the results.

"As the group studied becomes smaller, so confidence intervals become larger and the certainty of a result becomes more ‘fuzzy’. This means that the maximum likely chance of transmission form someone on fully suppressive HIV therapy was 2% a year for vaginal sex with ejaculation, 2.5% for receptive anal sex, and 4% for receptive anal sex with ejaculation. This latter figure implies a more than one-in-three chance of infection if sexual behaviour remains unchanged over ten years, but again this is a 'worst case' scenario and the likelihood is probably lower."

On additional note:

"Condomless sex outside the relationship was much more common in the gay men – a third of the HIV-negative partners reported this, versus 3-4% of heterosexuals. No doubt because of this, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) were much more common in the gay couples, with16% of gay men developing an STI (mainly gonorrhoea or syphilis) during the follow-up period versus 5% of the heterosexuals."

So I'd still suggest conforms as being a useful preventative measure - even if not a guarantee.

A"

Those risk rates are confidence intervals on the stats, not actual transmission rates; there were no transmissions of HIV between partners. None.

I'm going for a lay down I am seriously in shock

Maybe go look at the PARTNER STUDY interim findings. 40,000 sex events between poz-neg couples and no transmission from undetectable partners to the neg partner.

Interestingly some people in the study did get HIV but not from their partners."

maybe that was because they didn't exchange bodily fluids which is why they didn't get a transmission

Maybe you can find the words to explain and then I can tell you why you're the one being stupid, not me.

HIV can only be transmitted from an infected person to another through direct contact of bodily fluids such as:

Vaginal secretions.

Breast milk."

Not if they are undetectable.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

On additional note:

A

Those risk rates are confidence intervals on the stats, not actual transmission rates; there were no transmissions of HIV between partners. None."

Not yet. After just two years of study.

But the full report results still show risk - nowhere does it state (or prove) that transmission is impossible.

A

Vaginal secretions.

Breast milk.

Not if they are undetectable."

doesn't matter if they're undetectable or not, it can still be passed on

maybe that was because they didn't exchange bodily fluids which is why they didn't get a transmission"

You think in several years and 40,000 unprotected sex acts no bodily fluids were passed between partners? What kind of sex are you having?

maybe that was because they didn't exchange bodily fluids which is why they didn't get a transmission

You think in several years and 40,000 unprotected sex acts no bodily fluids were passed between partners? What kind of sex are you having?"

safe sex with condoms

I've lost 3 friends to HIV. Two of whom were in a committed long-term relationship. They thought they were safe.

They were only in their 30s.

Low risk doesn't mean no risk.

Personally, I'd prefer as much safety as possible. HIV is a thoroughly unpleasant illness.

On additional note:

A

Those risk rates are confidence intervals on the stats, not actual transmission rates; there were no transmissions of HIV between partners. None.

Not yet. After just two years of study.

But the full report results still show risk - nowhere does it state (or prove) that transmission is impossible.

A"

You cannot prove a negative otherwise people would have finally realised there is no God by now.

The report clearly states no transmissions at all between partners. What more proof do you want? There are actual transmissions recorded between people using condoms when both parties thought they were negative so maybe you should go do a course in statistical inference.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I've lost 3 friends to HIV. Two of whom were in a committed long-term relationship. They thought they were safe.

Personally, I'd prefer as much safety as possible. HIV is a thoroughly unpleasant illness. "

To quote the PARTNER study.

"PARTNER is still recruiting gay male couples and, as noted above, its full results will not be out till 2017. Till then we need to be cautious about what it has proved, and, as Jens Lundgren pointed out, it will probably never be possible to show with mathematical certainty that the risk of transmission from someone on successful HIV therapy is absolutely zero. In addition, these results exclude situations where ART failed in the HIV positive partner, though there were relatively few of these cases."

It would be great news if it was proved that in the right circumstances HIV is not transmissible.

Sadly that's not the case yet.

A

You think in several years and 40,000 unprotected sex acts no bodily fluids were passed between partners? What kind of sex are you having?

safe sex with condoms "

The study is amongst couples who have unprotected sex.

"I've lost 3 friends to HIV. Two of whom were in a committed long-term relationship. They thought they were safe.

Personally, I'd prefer as much safety as possible. HIV is a thoroughly unpleasant illness. "

Bullshit. It was an unpleasant illness but is more manageable than cancer or diabetes now. People should get tested more often .

Personally, I'd prefer as much safety as possible. HIV is a thoroughly unpleasant illness.

Bullshit. It was an unpleasant illness but is more manageable than cancer or diabetes now. People should get tested more often ."

Perhaps people should play safe more often

By *inky karen 2Woman  over a year ago

East sussex

I am a complete safety girl. And when I talk to my vanilla friends about what I get up to the first thing they say is

*what about catching something*

And when I ask them if they bareback they always say, it's different lol

Bullshit. It was an unpleasant illness but is more manageable than cancer or diabetes now. People should get tested more often ."

Excuse me? Don't be so rude!!

Dying of AIDS is thoroughly unpleasant. I've seen it.

Keep deluding yourself.

I had some sympathy for you initially. Not now.

My post was about personal experience of HIV in people I have known.

You took it as an attack and your response was unwarranted.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

For some.

What about those for whom ART fails?

Not everyone is fortunate to live such a healthy life with HIV.

Or cancer, diabetes.............

A

Bullshit. It was an unpleasant illness but is more manageable than cancer or diabetes now. People should get tested more often .

Keep deluding yourself.

You took it as an attack and your response was unwarranted. "

You are fear mongering by claiming HIV is a "thoroughly unpleasant illness". It WAS years ago, but it is perfectly manageable now. The biggest issue it faces is the stigma that this sort of statement engenders. You didn't mention anything about AIDS, you said HIV. And HIV is a perfectly manageable condition. No one dies in the UK because of HIV any more.

Why would I want your sympathy? I am perfectly healthy and have no desire for or need of such condescension.

For some.

A"

Even with complications such as Hep C and drug resistances there are regiments that work well with minimum side effects and new drugs coming to market all the time.

Keep deluding yourself.

You are fear mongering by claiming HIV is a "thoroughly unpleasant illness". It WAS years ago, but it is perfectly manageable now. The biggest issue it faces is the stigma that this sort of statement engenders. You didn't mention anything about AIDS, you said HIV. And HIV is a perfectly manageable condition. No one dies in the UK because of HIV any more.

Why would I want your sympathy? I am perfectly healthy and have no desire for or need of such condescension."

HIV human immunodeficiency virus is the precursor to AIDS. I have a very good friend who did her Phd in it so perhaps she is wrong and you are right.

Anyway, I shall say again, my post was NOT an attack on you. Were I commenting on YOUR post I would have quoted it.

As the topic had moved on to HIV I added my comment as it was relevant. You, however, wound up by what others have said to you chose to lash out and be abusive to me.

I have no wish to engage in any further communication with you.

For some.

A

Even with complications such as Hep C and drug resistances there are regiments that work well with minimum side effects and new drugs coming to market all the time."

Which takes years and by that time no medication or treatment could treat the hiv, cancer, hep c

May I say something to put the last few comments into perspective on why HIV isn't as unserious or manageable as you think?

Take a look at what the Tories are trying to do with the NHS and tell me how manageable anything will be if you couldn't afford healthcare because they removed the FREE part from the equation.

Also, the Pill bears a good perspective. Only roughly a 1% chance of it NOT doing its job. Unless you're only going to risk 99 shags in your life (and that's still exponentially a big gamble if you dont want a baby) then tell me what the odds are of contracting HIV and what we would do about it if they did away with free healthcare and 60% of the country couldn't afford the treatment...

Do not rely on today's medical advances as a safety net. Rights are only privileges to the people who don't want you to have them. All it takes is for those people to take control!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

For some.

A

Even with complications such as Hep C and drug resistances there are regiments that work well with minimum side effects and new drugs coming to market all the time."

So why does every healthcare dept of every government, every support group for HIV/AIDS sufferers and every related charity still give the following advice? (Lifted from a government site)

"Studies have found that having a low viral load greatly decreases the risk that you will pass HIV to someone else through sexual contact.

But having a low viral load does not guarantee that you won’t transmit HIV to someone else. Even when the viral load in your blood is undetectable, HIV can still exist in semen, vaginal and rectal fluids, breast milk, and other parts of your body.

You should continue to take steps to prevent HIV transmission, even when your viral load is undetectable. You can protect your partner(s) by using condoms consistently and correctly for all sexual contact."

I'm giving up arguing with you. You seem to know better than every healthcare professional, expert and researcher it there.

You asked earlier what more proof I'd like?

More. Far more. Irrefutable proof, backed up by long term research - which even the PARTNER study acknowledges - especially since their own study won't conclude until 2017.

I'll never argue with a fact, rigorously evaluated, studied and most importantly PROVED scientifically. With everything else? I'm happy to.

A

Keep deluding yourself.

Why would I want your sympathy? I am perfectly healthy and have no desire for or need of such condescension.

HIV human immunodeficiency virus is the precursor to AIDS. I have a very good friend who did her Phd in it so perhaps she is wrong and you are right.

Anyway, I shall say again, my post was NOT an attack on you. Were I commenting on YOUR post I would have quoted it.

As the topic had moved on to HIV I added my comment as it was relevant. You, however, wound up by what others have said to you chose to lash out and be abusive to me.

I have no wish to engage in any further communication with you. "

HIV is a precursor of AIDS in the same way that eating a Mars bar is a precursor of diabetes. One does not necessarily follow the other. In fact in the case of HIV-AIDS it doesn't happen in the UK at all if you are sensible, get checked, and if you have HIV start on meds. Fair enough if you don't want communicate with me any more but at least for other people be clear when you are talking about HIV and when you are talking about AIDS.

For some.

A

Even with complications such as Hep C and drug resistances there are regiments that work well with minimum side effects and new drugs coming to market all the time.

Which takes years and by that time no medication or treatment could treat the hiv, cancer, hep c"

HIV is the easy one to treat; it's the Cancer and HepC that prove problematic. Maybe you should be telling people not to get cancer? I'm sure that would work.

I suggest we leave this conversation . I am so shocked to find people with HIV are having unprotected sex on this site .

If you choose to have bare back you may now realise thanks to this thread that people are putting you at risk .

That is your choice and if you choose to play bare then I wish you good luck and I will not give you any sympathy .

"May I say something to put the last few comments into perspective on why HIV isn't as unserious or manageable as you think?

Take a look at what the Tories are trying to do with the NHS and tell me how manageable anything will be if you couldn't afford healthcare because they removed the FREE part from the equation.

Also, the Pill bears a good perspective. Only roughly a 1% chance of it NOT doing its job. Unless you're only going to risk 99 shags in your life (and that's still exponentially a big gamble if you dont want a baby) then tell me what the odds are of contracting HIV and what we would do about it if they did away with free healthcare and 60% of the country couldn't afford the treatment...

Do not rely on today's medical advances as a safety net. Rights are only privileges to the people who don't want you to have them. All it takes is for those people to take control! "

The Tories, mad as they are, will not destroy the NHS. They may cripple it, yes, but it can recover and will recover once the ideology-driven nutter current at the wheel are prised from it.

I've no idea where you're getting the 1% chance thing from; it certainly looks like you're making up. The odds of someone contracting HIV from me are zero and will remain so as long as I keep taking my meds. If 60% of the country needed the treatment do you really think our discussion about unprotected sex would make a blind bit of difference?

Your last paragraph sounds like something out of a Dan Brown book for the ridiculous and fantastical hyperbole it exhibits; next you'll be telling me that the Illuminate are secretly in control of the moon.

Keep deluding yourself.

I have no wish to engage in any further communication with you.

HIV is a precursor of AIDS in the same way that eating a Mars bar is a precursor of diabetes. One does not necessarily follow the other. In fact in the case of HIV-AIDS it doesn't happen in the UK at all if you are sensible, get checked, and if you have HIV start on meds. Fair enough if you don't want communicate with me any more but at least for other people be clear when you are talking about HIV and when you are talking about AIDS."

I was right in thinking you were delusional.

I am further convinced that you are an ignorant idiot.

"I suggest we leave this conversation . I am so shocked to find people with HIV are having unprotected sex on this site .

If you choose to have bare back you may now realise thanks to this thread that people are putting you at risk .

That is your choice and if you choose to play bare then I wish you good luck and I will not give you any sympathy . "

I'm shocked at the level of ignorance.

"May I say something to put the last few comments into perspective on why HIV isn't as unserious or manageable as you think?

Do not rely on today's medical advances as a safety net. Rights are only privileges to the people who don't want you to have them. All it takes is for those people to take control!

The Tories, mad as they are, will not destroy the NHS. They may cripple it, yes, but it can recover and will recover once the ideology-driven nutter current at the wheel are prised from it.

I've no idea where you're getting the 1% chance thing from; it certainly looks like you're making up. The odds of someone contracting HIV from me are zero and will remain so as long as I keep taking my meds. If 60% of the country needed the treatment do you really think our discussion about unprotected sex would make a blind bit of difference?

Your last paragraph sounds like something out of a Dan Brown book for the ridiculous and fantastical hyperbole it exhibits; next you'll be telling me that the Illuminate are secretly in control of the moon."

Hope your meet gets tested and if they turn out to Of contracted hiv then I hope you realise how stupid you're being by having bareback sex, you'll be stuck with that one meet for a long time

"I suggest we leave this conversation . I am so shocked to find people with HIV are having unprotected sex on this site .

That is your choice and if you choose to play bare then I wish you good luck and I will not give you any sympathy .

I'm shocked at the level of ignorance. "

Me too x

"So why does every healthcare dept of every government, every support group for HIV/AIDS sufferers and every related charity still give the following advice? (Lifted from a government site)

"Studies have found that having a low viral load greatly decreases the risk that you will pass HIV to someone else through sexual contact.

But having a low viral load does not guarantee that you won’t transmit HIV to someone else. Even when the viral load in your blood is undetectable, HIV can still exist in semen, vaginal and rectal fluids, breast milk, and other parts of your body.

You should continue to take steps to prevent HIV transmission, even when your viral load is undetectable. You can protect your partner(s) by using condoms consistently and correctly for all sexual contact."

I'm giving up arguing with you. You seem to know better than every healthcare professional, expert and researcher it there.

You asked earlier what more proof I'd like?

More. Far more. Irrefutable proof, backed up by long term research - which even the PARTNER study acknowledges - especially since their own study won't conclude until 2017.

I'll never argue with a fact, rigorously evaluated, studied and most importantly PROVED scientifically. With everything else? I'm happy to.

A"

The reason for the advice you posted is because every government and healthcare support network and charity knows that if they did say it was safe they would be attacked by the nutters who don't know what they're talking about, which is exactly what happened when the Swiss Cohort did exactly that.

I don't know better than the experts, but I do know better than the journalists who write the articles about HIV, and I certainly know a lot more than the politicians who decide what advice should go on their government websites - because that's not couched in political bias, of course not.

You also seem to have missed the point about a negative not being provable. It is impossible to prove you can't get HIV from an undetectable, but it's also impossible to prove you can't get HIV from stroking a cat - there's far more evidence of the former being true than the latter, but which are you choosing to believe is more likely?

The PARTNER study was only extended so they could get more data on Men who have sex with Men (MSM) but the hetrosexual arm of the study is complete. I'll say it again as people don't seem to like hearing it:

"Results presented at CROI 2014, by Alison Rodger from University College London, from a planned interim analysis, reported that no linked transmissions have so far occurred after almost 900 couple years of follow-up. These results come from 586 heterosexual and 308 gay male couples...

Based on current analysis, the rate of within-couple HIV transmissions during eligible couple-years for the study as a whole was zero. However, the upper limits of the 95%CI were 0.40 per 100 couple years of follow-up (CYFU) for the study as a whole, 0.96/100 CYFU for anal sex (in gay and straight couples combined) and 1.97/100 CYFU for receptive anal sex with or without ejaculation (for gay couples)."

Again - the rate risk is zero, but as with every number ever reported there is a confidence interval on it, which is where everyone pulls this "There is still a risk" line from - simply because they don't understand statistics.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

A few comments sailing close to the wind...

If youre going to debate this please dont get personal.