FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > blocked

blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What is it with some people?.

We turned a couple down politely and they replied wishing us well. When we went to thank them for their decency ( not all are decent with rejection) they had blocked us.we have been rejected by couples but still find we can have a laugh or conversation. Surely this lifestyle is all about fun and being able to communicate.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That often happens, move on. Perhaps they did it to stop them contacting you again

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Maybe they blocked you so they wouldn't mail you again by mistake, since you'd already turned them down?

By *hocksandmissusCouple  over a year ago

Chester-ish

well we are in full agreement with you it is ment to be about having fun but some ppl just take it far to seriously (shame really)

As for the blocking some ppl do it so they don't message again by mistake I guess and I suppose you can kinda understand that although have to say we never would xxxxxxxxx

Wow. How needy are you? You don't want to meet someone yet are offended that they've blocked you?

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I block people I am not interested in, and who are not interested in me. Its not personal, just a use of the site functions.

It saves me contacting people again, or on the reverse, ending up having the same conversation with someone who I don't want to meet who keeps contacting me - If I wasn't interested first message, I'm not suddenly going to change my mind 2 - 3 weeks down the line. Its a filter, and if you treat it as such and don't get hung up on it, its just grand.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

If you had told them you don't want to meet, why would you care of they had blocked you?

Blocking is one of the best ways of making sure you don't waste time re-reading profiles that do not fit your requirements, of course.

We've encountered this and then realised it is just some people's way of filtering. Not personal - just got to shrug your shoulders and understand where they're coming from

"Wow. How needy are you? You don't want to meet someone yet are offended that they've blocked you? "

well thanks for letting us know . Good to see that you know us so well.

I never said we were offended just said we dont understand people.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"What is it with some people?.

We turned a couple down politely and they replied wishing us well. When we went to thank them for their decency ( not all are decent with rejection) they had blocked us.we have been rejected by couples but still find we can have a laugh or conversation. Surely this lifestyle is all about fun and being able to communicate."

You didnt like them enough to get to know them, so why be bothered if they blocked you?

Unless you replied in your message - "you are not our type but we find you a funny", why be offended?

"That often happens, move on. Perhaps they did it to stop them contacting you again"
that's why we do it, getting older and have made the mistake of repeat messaging people saves embarrassment. Simple as that

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

If I click on a profile ( and I very rarely do ) and I am blocked, I smile and move on.

They may have blocked me because of a forum post, my bisexuality, my bald head, my location, someone has bitched about me and a shit load more reasons...

My life continues............

By *ayoutwest136Man  over a year ago

West country

I received a friend request from a woman and when I clicked "accept" found she had blocked me..This makes no sense to me what so ever..

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Maybe they blocked you so they wouldn't mail you again by mistake, since you'd already turned them down?"

This!

Some people have limited time to play and choose to chat with those they intend meeting, not use the site like Facebook!

The op said "no thanks" the other couple were courteous and blocked to not contact again and now they're being touted as rude!

Honestly, you can't do right for some people!

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

... to add. This is a swinging site - where people hope that sex will happen, not, LTR via pen pal status

It happens all the time to me.

I feel it's just another filter for people.

But sometimes the block button can be hit far to easily as some messages can be lost in translation. People who block me are obviously not my kind of people. So I just forget about it and move on. Love to chat if there is attraction or not. The mind and personality can be just as stimulating.

But that's just me

Many people block so they don't waste their time messaging someone that does not want to meet. Many people on fab like us are here to make social contacts no matter if we have sex or not but we understand that sex with others is at the core of the swinging scene. Some just want that so if you decide they are not for you a simple block prevents them wasting their time with you again.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Wow. How needy are you? You don't want to meet someone yet are offended that they've blocked you? "

Exactly! The other couple dodged a bullet I think!

We've found people that have blocked us without any prior contact but they're from the same town and reckon it's just because they probably know one or both of us and want to retain their privacy

It is not a mark of rudeness or unsociability to block people. It is not an insult. We block people who we know will not meet with us or who we know we would not get on with. We do this to prevent us from contacting them again in the future. It saves a lot of time.

They're probably just using the block function in a different way to you. As others have said, some people use it because they know you're not interested, so they don't message you again, wasting both of your time. Seems reasonable to me!

"Wow. How needy are you? You don't want to meet someone yet are offended that they've blocked you?

Exactly! The other couple dodged a bullet I think!"

Hear , hear .... The op doesn't want to meet them , yet complains they accept that graciously , and to save wasting time and effort block them !

This isn't a social network site for some of us , the only friends we want on here are ones with benefits

Thanks to those who gave reasons why the block may have happened. We never thought of something like that as we have never blocked anyone who turned us down. So didnt occur to us that others would think this way. The couple we talk to most on here have declined to meet us but we still talk and have a laugh so we maybe naively thought others would be the same. We have blocked people who have been abusive but never anyone who has been friendly. As we said maybe we were just being naive

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Thanks to those who gave reasons why the block may have happened. We never thought of something like that as we have never blocked anyone who turned us down. So didnt occur to us that others would think this way. The couple we talk to most on here have declined to meet us but we still talk and have a laugh so we maybe naively thought others would be the same. We have blocked people who have been abusive but never anyone who has been friendly. As we said maybe we were just being naive"

Everyone uses the site differently. The thing is not to get hung up on people you don't want to meet, and focus on those that do.

I don't do short notice meets, but nor do I want penpals on here - there is a balance for me.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this is exactly what it sounds like..... why be so bothered by action taken by someone you have no interest in meeting!

as others have said... it may have been done so they know not to contact you.... it amazes me the way some people psycho-anayise whats others do

"Wow. How needy are you? You don't want to meet someone yet are offended that they've blocked you?

this is exactly what it sounds like..... why be so bothered by action taken by someone you have no interest in meeting!

as others have said... it may have been done so they know not to contact you.... it amazes me the way some people psycho-anayise whats others do"

We would probably have done the same or had it have happened to us, it would've saved us doing it to prevent any further contact, intentionally or by mistake. Although we very much enjoy the social side of this lifestyle, we don't see the point in chatting to people we are never going to meet.

we allways block people we are not interested in, after sending them a nice message,just saves us time when we look at profiles again,we have in the past mailed people we have allready said no to because they have put new pics on here,then we feel daft,so we think blocking people is no problem as long as you are not rude to them,but some people we block because the old stories ie wife in bath shes back at ten ring you tomorrow etc etc they are just messers lol xx

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

well the profile or message you get are reading are like a book cover,

its the people inside that you are making opinions on and without facial expressions,

we find it better to read the profile arrange a social meet, then take it from there, very many profile do not fit expectations . connie xx

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"What is it with some people?.

We turned a couple down politely and they replied wishing us well. When we went to thank them for their decency ( not all are decent with rejection) they had blocked us.we have been rejected by couples but still find we can have a laugh or conversation. Surely this lifestyle is all about fun and being able to communicate."

Not sure why you are so bothered, you didn't want to meet them anyway.

I assume its so they don't contact you again...

Its very rare for us to chat/exchange messages with those that we have no interest in meeting (unless its forum /help related)

"Maybe they blocked you so they wouldn't mail you again by mistake, since you'd already turned them down?"

"Thanks to those who gave reasons why the block may have happened. We never thought of something like that as we have never blocked anyone who turned us down. So didnt occur to us that others would think this way. The couple we talk to most on here have declined to meet us but we still talk and have a laugh so we maybe naively thought others would be the same. We have blocked people who have been abusive but never anyone who has been friendly. As we said maybe we were just being naive"

We have found a lot of people wont chat much when they DO want to meet all they want to do is make arrangements and meet then after meeting they hardly speak. After all this isnt facebook. The chances of finding people on here who just want to chat but wont meet are highly unlikely

Id like to say your more likely to get your chat fix on the forums but as your probably finding the forums here can be very abrassive.

» Add a new message to this topic