FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Am I a snob?

Am I a snob?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I've just had this sent to me in a message...

'I love a good interlectual chat aswel'

I'm no grammar and spelling nazi (well not quite), but given the context am I a snob for dismissing the message out of hand?

Answers on a postcard or in the forum

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No not at all, good grammar goes a long way. X

"So I've just had this sent to me in a message...

I'm no grammar and spelling nazi (well not quite), but given the context am I a snob for dismissing the message out of hand?

Answers on a postcard or in the forum "

I would pork you with a capital P

"No not at all, good grammar goes a long way. X"

You'd know to start that sentence ' No, not at all' then LOL

Nobody is perfect x

"No not at all, good grammar goes a long way. X"

Yes. Boys will come and boys will go but good grammar will last forever!

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

Well it's one way to whittle down the numbers, but you may of course be missing out on meeting someone worthwhile. You can't meet everyone who messages though, so it's as good as any other method of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

I'm a terrible speller also, but I explain it's due to my dyslexia and then try to ride it out with my charm.

...is the person charming otherwise?

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

long as he knows how to say it... being able to work his tongue can go a loooooong way!! (sometimes)..

By *omethingSoGoodAboutSofiaWoman  over a year ago

Blackburn/Preston

Not at all, I find it lazy and to me it says 'I can't be arsed taking a few seconds to look for mistakes'. If they can't be bothered checking spellings when trying to entice me into their virtual world (grammar I can overlook although I can't stand questions without a ?), then I can't be arsed giving them a reply that would open up my real world! Ain't nobody got time for that! Do you know what I mean cats whore?

"No not at all, good grammar goes a long way. X

Yes. Boys will come and boys will go but good grammar will last forever!"

Blackburn/Preston

Not at all, I find it lazy and to me it says 'I can't be arsed taking a few seconds to look for mistakes'. If they can't be bothered checking spellings when trying to entice me into their virtual world (grammar I can overlook although I can't stand questions without a ?), then I can't be arsed giving them a reply that would open up my real world! Ain't nobody got time for that! Do you know what I mean cats whore?"

The ones that get my name wrong in the first message really, really annoy me, it's there in black and white! No excuses at all for that!

"I'm a terrible speller also, but I explain it's due to my dyslexia and then try to ride it out with my charm.

...is the person charming otherwise? "

No, I sent a nice message back saying I didn't think we were a match. He asked why not. I told him he wasn't my type (he wasn't) and even though his message was better than a lot of what I get it didn't really do it for me. Wished him well and said I was sure he would find what he was looking for on here.

He replied asking me if I'd like 'to ride my pussy on his face until I cum'. So I blocked him

Not at all, I find it lazy and to me it says 'I can't be arsed taking a few seconds to look for mistakes'. If they can't be bothered checking spellings when trying to entice me into their virtual world (grammar I can overlook although I can't stand questions without a ?), then I can't be arsed giving them a reply that would open up my real world! Ain't nobody got time for that! Do you know what I mean cats whore?"

"I'm a terrible speller also, but I explain it's due to my dyslexia and then try to ride it out with my charm.

No, I sent a nice message back saying I didn't think we were a match. He asked why not. I told him he wasn't my type (he wasn't) and even though his message was better than a lot of what I get it didn't really do it for me. Wished him well and said I was sure he would find what he was looking for on here.

He replied asking me if I'd like 'to ride my pussy on his face until I cum'. So I blocked him "

people like that give men a bad name x

we must have missed the spelling exam required to be a fab member

It doesn't make you a snob by any means. It's how you chose to filter your contacts and people should respect that. Nobody should be criticised for their selection processes.

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

He replied asking me if I'd like 'to ride my pussy on his face until I cum'. So I blocked him

people like that give men a bad name x"

I tend to get word blindness, however that does tend to make me a bit ultra anal with my spelling.

Blackburn/Preston

...is the person charming otherwise? "

I've had someone message me before and the opening line was about the dyslexia and for me to excuse the spelling mistakes...that's absolutely fine as there's a reason for it...when there isn't a reason, it's just plain lazy and says a lot about a person. 'Fancy a fcuk Sophia' is just fooking pathetic! Like fack off, seriously! The 7-11 year old children I work with (some dyslexic and others with learning difficulties) can spell better than some adults on here. I love how on these type of threads 'nobody's perfect' pops up, love it more when it's 'nobodies'. Feck me, feck me hard!

I've had someone message me before and the opening line was about the dyslexia and for me to excuse the spelling mistakes...that's absolutely fine as there's a reason for it...when there isn't a reason, it's just plain lazy and says a lot about a person. 'Fancy a fcuk Sophia' is just fooking pathetic! Like fack off, seriously! The 7-11 year old children I work with (some dyslexic and others with learning difficulties) can spell better than some adults on here. I love how on these type of threads 'nobody's perfect' pops up, love it more when it's 'nobodies'. Feck me, feck me hard! "

Think I was just dubious about how intellectual the interlectual chat would be... I can overlook some stuff but agree with you that to me it comes across as lazy.

Perhaps this snippet had to be seen in the context of the whole message. The bit I posted though made me smile and sigh in equal measures!

Blackburn/Preston

Not at all, I find it lazy and to me it says 'I can't be arsed taking a few seconds to look for mistakes'. If they can't be bothered checking spellings when trying to entice me into their virtual world (grammar I can overlook although I can't stand questions without a ?), then I can't be arsed giving them a reply that would open up my real world! Ain't nobody got time for that! Do you know what I mean cats whore?we must have missed the spelling exam required to be a fab member "

There was a spelling test that I would've passed and I missed it?! Bloody hell! Ps remember capital letters at the beginning of a sentence and full stops at the end. Hahaha! I was only giving my opinion and answering a question from a personal point of view hence the use of 'I' lots of times...others can make their own languages up for all I care, it's my selection process which has nowt to do with anyone else!

Blackburn/Preston

I've had someone message me before and the opening line was about the dyslexia and for me to excuse the spelling mistakes...that's absolutely fine as there's a reason for it...when there isn't a reason, it's just plain lazy and says a lot about a person. 'Fancy a fcuk Sophia' is just fooking pathetic! Like fack off, seriously! The 7-11 year old children I work with (some dyslexic and others with learning difficulties) can spell better than some adults on here. I love how on these type of threads 'nobody's perfect' pops up, love it more when it's 'nobodies'. Feck me, feck me hard!

Think I was just dubious about how intellectual the interlectual chat would be... I can overlook some stuff but agree with you that to me it comes across as lazy.

Perhaps this snippet had to be seen in the context of the whole message. The bit I posted though made me smile and sigh in equal measures!"

I imagine his good hand was probably being used for something else if his reply was as shitty as it was! You missed out on the interlectual chat and possibly one of the best meets and most intelijent men on here, shame on you for not giving him a chance...don't you know, nobodies perfect?!?

I tend to avoid cafes that sell Capuchinos.. if they don't know how to spell it what hope have they got of making it? lol

Does that answer your question?

Not at all, I find it lazy and to me it says 'I can't be arsed taking a few seconds to look for mistakes'. If they can't be bothered checking spellings when trying to entice me into their virtual world (grammar I can overlook although I can't stand questions without a ?), then I can't be arsed giving them a reply that would open up my real world! Ain't nobody got time for that! Do you know what I mean cats whore?we must have missed the spelling exam required to be a fab member "

pmsl

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"we must have missed the spelling exam required to be a fab member "

interesting reply... so i would ask you this...

if we preach about preferences, then isn't wanting someone who can spell correctly as valid a preference as any other....

the spelling preference is the one that tends to make people angry and those on the defensive lash out

"we must have missed the spelling exam required to be a fab member

if we preach about preferences, then isn't wanting someone who can spell correctly as valid a preference as any other....

the spelling preference is the one that tends to make people angry and those on the defensive lash out"

By *iguy39Man  over a year ago

manchester

Don't care. Fancy a shag?

Grammar...The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit...

Can't people talk good England like what us lot does

"Grammar...The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit..."

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"I tend to avoid cafes that sell Capuchinos.. if they don't know how to spell it what hope have they got of making it? lol

Does that answer your question? "

Aren't they small monkeys?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

it would get laughed at from me, but I'd probably reply, just because it'd make a change to get a message

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

No unless he was being facetious and out-snobbed you

However, his second message doesn't give that impression...

Innit. Lol

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

He replied asking me if I'd like 'to ride my pussy on his face until I cum'. So I blocked him "

Remind me to always dot my Ts and cross my Is if I ever write to you

No one is perfect, I have had not too much need for spelling as have been a tradesman for the past 30 years.

Sometimes i struggle to spell words i used to write down in an instant not so long ago.

My punctuation is prob poor as half the time i wing it but then again I have not been near a class room for over 30 years.

I am a decent bloke who lives a decent above average lifestyle with a gorgeous woman who loves me for being me and can see past minor things like a few spelling mistakes.

For a swinging site there seems to be a lot of teachers wishing to scald people for grammar whilst looking for sex themselves,were pretty much all the same and lets hope this lad is not mortified by being vilified over a post in the forums,dyslexia and other things out of the lads control does not discount him as a good person

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Yes you are but that's your perogative. Seeking validation for it is poor form in my view.

I don't think I have ever asked anyone if i was right for not meeting someone (now watch someone come out with something I said 5 years ago to prove me wrong ).

I could decide I don't like men who part their hair on the left and that's my right on here but I wouldn't care if I was being a snob or petty.

Need I say that anyone who can't spell intellectual isn't one?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Answers on a postcard or in the forum No one is perfect, I have had not too much need for spelling as have been a tradesman for the past 30 years.

Sometimes i struggle to spell words i used to write down in an instant not so long ago.

My punctuation is prob poor as half the time i wing it but then again I have not been near a class room for over 30 years.

I am a decent bloke who lives a decent above average lifestyle with a gorgeous woman who loves me for being me and can see past minor things like a few spelling mistakes.

For a swinging site there seems to be a lot of teachers wishing to scald people for grammar whilst looking for sex themselves,were pretty much all the same and lets hope this lad is not mortified by being vilified over a post in the forums,dyslexia and other things out of the lads control does not discount him as a good person "

It's "scold" btw, and yes I am only teasing

Obviously in the context of what you wrote your meaning is perfectly clear but that's why spelling and grammar are important. It's to take the guesswork out of communication

I imagine if this sort of thing is important to someone then it's as valid a filter as anything else but you do have to be wary of just how mental autospell can be!

I imagine I now sound like a spectacular snob. Ho hum

"Need I say that anyone who can't spell intellectual isn't one?"

That was kind of my point. I didn't post the whole message because it's not fair just seven words of it that gave me a wry smile but a sigh of despair. Judging

from the rest of what he said and his follow ups I wasn't convinced by how intellectual the conversation would be.

Intellectualism really isn't at the top of my list for a partner in here but it was more don't say this stuff if it's not who, or what, you are.

Of course you are a spelling / grammar snob !

But that's your choice , just as some prefer slim , others prefer younger etc.....

Does it bother you that you are ?

That's all that matters really

"we must have missed the spelling exam required to be a fab member

the spelling preference is the one that tends to make people angry and those on the defensive lash out"

Not quite sure what you are saying.

Are you saying it is okay to state a preference and that it is only those that don't meet the preference that then get upset about this?

"Need I say that anyone who can't spell intellectual isn't one?

That was kind of my point. I didn't post the whole message because it's not fair just seven words of it that gave me a wry smile but a sigh of despair. Judging

from the rest of what he said and his follow ups I wasn't convinced by how intellectual the conversation would be.

Intellectualism really isn't at the top of my list for a partner in here but it was more don't say this stuff if it's not who, or what, you are."

. Ducking pmsl

You don't smoke but will meet smokers :married men you will meet , have no verifications but someone misspells lol

Answers on a postcard or in the forum No one is perfect, I have had not too much need for spelling as have been a tradesman for the past 30 years.

For a swinging site there seems to be a lot of teachers wishing to scald people for grammar whilst looking for sex themselves,were pretty much all the same and lets hope this lad is not mortified by being vilified over a post in the forums,dyslexia and other things out of the lads control does not discount him as a good person "

I think when you are talking about Jenna you are right she is absolutely gawjus.

However, after looking at the pics on your profile, particularly the one with the TV, could you please let Jenna know, she would do much better on Fifa if she actually used the hand controller.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Need I say that anyone who can't spell intellectual isn't one?"

Wasn't Einstein dyslexic?

"Need I say that anyone who can't spell intellectual isn't one?

Intellectualism really isn't at the top of my list for a partner in here but it was more don't say this stuff if it's not who, or what, you are.. Ducking pmsl

You don't smoke but will meet smokers :married men you will meet , have no verifications but someone misspells lol

"

These forums can be hard work! We all judge people I was making a judgement just as you now are about me. I am verified I just choose not to display them.

"Of course you are a spelling / grammar snob !

But that's your choice , just as some prefer slim , others prefer younger etc.....

Does it bother you that you are ?

That's all that matters really "

Don't be too hard on him he was probably typing one handed.......

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"It doesn't make you a snob by any means. It's how you chose to filter your contacts and people should respect that. Nobody should be criticised for their selection processes."

Yup. This. I'm always astonished at people's responses to these kinds of threads. You can have a preference for anything but say you're put off by poor spelling and grammar and the baying hounds are let loose, and usually someone mentions dyslexia (I think someone needs to do a study of the Fab forum as there seems to be an inordinate number of them here in comparison to the real world).

Careful Cautious, it's against the rules to discuss messages in the forum.

Yep!

For a swinging site there seems to be a lot of teachers wishing to scald people for grammar whilst looking for sex themselves,were pretty much all the same and lets hope this lad is not mortified by being vilified over a post in the forums,dyslexia and other things out of the lads control does not discount him as a good person

I think when you are talking about Jenna you are right she is absolutely gawjus.

However, after looking at the pics on your profile, particularly the one with the TV, could you please let Jenna know, she would do much better on Fifa if she actually used the hand controller. "

Why thonk yuo very mutch I will pass on that comint and she will be delitered x

I totally agree with you, if been a snob means you have standards then yes I'm proud to be one....the one thing that does make me laugh on here though is the amount of 'proffessional' couples on fab that can't spell professional, not that im sure what difference been a professional is supposed to make.

No you're not. I don't tend to chat with people who don't at least make an effort. I don't expect it to be perfect or anything, but an effort on spelling and grammar should be made.

Also, how on earth does the person expect to have an intellectual conversation with spelling and grammar like that?

We can accept that there are all different levels of education on here as there are in all walks of life, hence there will be spelling and grammatical errors. We can live with that. It still bugs us though to see the word of used instead of have. Definitely our pet hate. Maybe we shouldnt of got involved in this thread though lol xx

» Add a new message to this topic