FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Pet peeve

Pet peeve

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First post in here but sure I'm not the first to make this point. What is it with introductory messages that just say 'can I ask you a question' gets my goat everytime. There should be a course on how to write first messages the good ones are so good but the bad...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

what would you like..

give us an example of an ideal first message.., do you write messages to people ?

and welcome, enjoy the forum

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just ignore those because I think they are going to ask me something rude or stupid.

"First post in here but sure I'm not the first to make this point. What is it with introductory messages that just say 'can I ask you a question' gets my goat everytime. There should be a course on how to write first messages the good ones are so good but the bad... "
I'm guessing it's just their way of breaking the ice. So many like and dislike so many things, it's hard on here for single guys as it.

Welcome to the forums

Think you're right!

As for me the ones that get my attention are where they've shown a bit of thought, told me about them and not written in text speak. Also being abusive doesn't count as 'kinky' in my book! And don't get me started on text speak or the 'how are you' brigade.

I need a massage to calm me down

I get this too but me being curious says yes sure

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

having 'whore' in your profile name, sadly, may attract a certain type of message.

I think you're right! Can I change my name on here? Where's the fab deed poll button?

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I think you're right! Can I change my name on here? Where's the fab deed poll button?"

if you are a Fab supporter, yes you can.

Lol! And is it ever worth it? What so they all want to ask?

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Lol! And is it ever worth it? What so they all want to ask? "

filters will be your friend with the delete and block button.

but there are many, many great people

How are u doing , always works for joey in friends , lol

"Lol! And is it ever worth it? What so they all want to ask?

filters will be your friend with the delete and block button.

but there are many, many great people "

Yes, there are, well said.

Then I'm stuck! Sure you're right about the filters but as you say there seem a load of great guys on here and don't want to block single men. Have been getting familiar with the block button though. Sorry for a bit of a Sunday morning rant!

Hot of the press and no names mentioned. This one is different but really as a first message?!?

'Hey you... I'm not on here much these days. What's your number?'

"having 'whore' in your profile name, sadly, may attract a certain type of message."

But she also has cautious in her name too. Which implies that a naughty minx she could be. She chooses her suitors wisely

OP. I agree. Those messages are annoying x

"having 'whore' in your profile name, sadly, may attract a certain type of message.

But she also has cautious in her name too. Which implies that a naughty minx she could be. She chooses her suitors wisely

OP. I agree. Those messages are annoying x"

Thanks princess! Not trying to tar the whole site but glad I'm not the only one. Will make sure the next time I post a topic it'll be more positive! X

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"having 'whore' in your profile name, sadly, may attract a certain type of message.

x"

that's why I said 'may'

OP. I agree. Those messages are annoying x

Thanks princess! Not trying to tar the whole site but glad I'm not the only one. Will make sure the next time I post a topic it'll be more positive! X"

Your welcome lovely. And no of course not. But it is irritating

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Think you're right!

As for me the ones that get my attention are where they've shown a bit of thought, told me about them and not written in text speak. Also being abusive doesn't count as 'kinky' in my book! And don't get me started on text speak or the 'how are you' brigade.

I need a massage to calm me down "

Just looked at your profile. I have to say, I went to message, but then all I could think of was boobs. So didnt write anything

"Think you're right!

Just looked at your profile. I have to say, I went to message, but then all I could think of was boobs. So didnt write anything "

Well you've done the rarest of things in a message which is make me laugh! Surely the best way to get a girl's attention ( or one of them anyway)

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Think you're right!

Just looked at your profile. I have to say, I went to message, but then all I could think of was boobs. So didnt write anything

Well you've done the rarest of things in a message which is make me laugh! Surely the best way to get a girl's attention ( or one of them anyway)"

lol - it is a bit of a distraction though. Thought, oooooooh!!! then my brain just shut down

I do find if you can have a laugh messaging - it's usually a much better meet. It's just that first funking message... and getting past the boobs Welcome to the very lovely forums too

» Add a new message to this topic