FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Blocked !!

Blocked !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy lady 1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

oxford

We were recently blocked by a couple for not replying sooner to their mail , We received their message while away overnight, so by the time we went to reply they had blocked us, it was less than 24 hours, so we can't even explain to them why we never responded, Do you think that's a reasonable amount of time to block someone? We thought it was a bit quick to dismiss us . Thanks xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

May have accidently blocked you ? Folk block for randm reasons.

oxford

Possibly, but I doubt it, Thanks for your input xx. As you say people block you quite randomly on here, xx

You've been saved from having to deal with a judgmental and emotionally turbulent couple. Thank your lucky stars

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

"You've been saved from having to deal with a judgmental and emotionally turbulent couple. Thank your lucky stars "

Think some people don't realise that just because you don't respond straight away you are being rude, it could be like most couples you both want to read messages before replying.

oxford

Thanks all , feel better now, not going to worry about them , its their loss lol !!

" We were recently blocked by a couple for not replying sooner to their mail , We received their message while away overnight, so by the time we went to reply they had blocked us, it was less than 24 hours, so we can't even explain to them why we never responded, Do you think that's a reasonable amount of time to block someone? We thought it was a bit quick to dismiss us . Thanks xxx "

There are some strange people on here I guess

" We were recently blocked by a couple for not replying sooner to their mail , We received their message while away overnight, so by the time we went to reply they had blocked us, it was less than 24 hours, so we can't even explain to them why we never responded, Do you think that's a reasonable amount of time to block someone? We thought it was a bit quick to dismiss us . Thanks xxx

There are some strange people on here I guess"

Probably more like messaged and changed their mind than strange its not uncommon for people to change their mind.

We have blocked people in a similar time frame after messaging them then seeing them online various time but not replying.Not being childish but just assumed they weren't interested & saves us bothering them again.

I wasnt blocked but I had someone just stop reading and replying to my messages after we has spoken at length. When she finally replied she said she was testing me to how I reacted lol. There are some strange ones on here

It may have been one half mailing you, then the other half saw your profile and decided they didn't want to meet you. (I don't mean that in a bad way towards you, just as a possibility that they hadn't discussed it before they mailed.)

" We were recently blocked by a couple for not replying sooner to their mail , We received their message while away overnight, so by the time we went to reply they had blocked us, it was less than 24 hours, so we can't even explain to them why we never responded, Do you think that's a reasonable amount of time to block someone? We thought it was a bit quick to dismiss us . Thanks xxx "

Had a similar thing happen to us because we didn't reply straight away, got a message 10 mins after the first one saying we were rude for not sending a reply and blocked us

oxford

Yes , that could be a very good reason, hadn't thought about that , Thanks !! By the way , we are a lovely couple . Xxxx

"You've been saved from having to deal with a judgmental and emotionally turbulent couple. Thank your lucky stars "

This.

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

" We were recently blocked by a couple for not replying sooner to their mail , We received their message while away overnight, so by the time we went to reply they had blocked us, it was less than 24 hours, so we can't even explain to them why we never responded, Do you think that's a reasonable amount of time to block someone? We thought it was a bit quick to dismiss us . Thanks xxx

Probably more like messaged and changed their mind than strange its not uncommon for people to change their mind. "

or hubby messaged and now wifey has found out what he been up to and chopped his bits off!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Had the same happen to me and this was my exact opinion.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"We have blocked people in a similar time frame after messaging them then seeing them online various time but not replying.Not being childish but just assumed they weren't interested & saves us bothering them again."

It does sound rather childish to me, I only reply to messages when I am at home, but I will show online a few times during the day when I am at work, just having a sneaky peek, I never open messages unless I am at home and have time to respond if I want to

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Why do people get their panties in a bunch at being blocked?!! I mean it's not as if they promised you a kidney then reneged on their offer!

You're not compatible: so?!!

By *i015Man  over a year ago

Millbrook, Southampton

"Thanks all , feel better now, not going to worry about them , its their loss lol !! "

Definitely their loss, you look stunning, they must like fat ugly people like me, can you send me a link to their profile, I might be in luck

"We have blocked people in a similar time frame after messaging them then seeing them online various time but not replying.Not being childish but just assumed they weren't interested & saves us bothering them again."

Ive blocked for this very reason as well.

By *orksfuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

We have grief when a message has been read by one of us and has been seen to be read, when only waiting for it to be read by us both so we can discuss and reply appropriately, patience is not all that common on here!

By *qua vitaeWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire/Midlands

It's amazing how certain spoken words or actions can suddenly change the dynamics between people, resulting in blocking or rude and deleted messages. Why can't people just be flexible and considerate, that people are not always sitting in front of their computer on fab all of the time waiting for messages, but do have a life outside of fab.

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

I think they probably sent their message based on your profile text. They then decided to look through your photos once they had sent it and realised you are so poor that your underwear has gaping holes in it. Rather than embarrass you by explaining they are not into threadbare bras and kecks, they have blocked you.

Don't worry though, there are plenty of people on here who like the worn, torn and soiled look and you could even try some darning role play. There is someone for everyone here.

We tend to log on at different times to each other whilst pinching a free minute at work. If we are busy and want to chat with people we will wait until we get home to reply and hopefully chat away.

If people don't understand that people have lives outside the site, I'd say they have done you a favour.

Move on a don't let it bother you.....nothing lost x

they're obviously not worth it

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"We tend to log on at different times to each other whilst pinching a free minute at work. If we are busy and want to chat with people we will wait until we get home to reply and hopefully chat away.

If people don't understand that people have lives outside the site, I'd say they have done you a favour.

Move on a don't let it bother you.....nothing lost x"

I'm single and and it's happened to me, a few weeks or so back I'd expressed an interest in a couple and sent them a mail. I was at work at the time and logging in on an intermittent basis. Wile I thought of a reply, (I thought I'd send a considered response rather just saying 'when can I shag you.' Someone came into my office and we had to sort some stuff out, next there was another thing came up. As a consequence it was a couple hours before I was able to get back to them. In my mailbox there was a message saying I was obviously a time waster and now I was blocked. My thought was 'fuck 'm, or probably not).

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

So someone has been blocked and with only one side of the story lots of people are prepared to make all sorts of judgments and assumptions about the people doing the blocking.

I hope they don't read the forum.

By *tevelizCouple  over a year ago

northampton

some people must have too much time on their hands if they expect a reply very quickly. Not everyone is watching this site all the time.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

i got blocked as well by a guy after chatting for a while....... if they dont want to meet then they could say and then leave it at that.......no need to block

Probably more like messaged and changed their mind than strange its not uncommon for people to change their mind.

or hubby messaged and now wifey has found out what he been up to and chopped his bits off!!!!!!!!!!!! lol "

this is a good possibility

"i got blocked as well by a guy after chatting for a while....... if they dont want to meet then they could say and then leave it at that.......no need to block"

I very much agree - it seems to happen to single men an awful lot, no matter how polite you are :/

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

" We were recently blocked by a couple for not replying sooner to their mail , We received their message while away overnight, so by the time we went to reply they had blocked us, it was less than 24 hours, so we can't even explain to them why we never responded, Do you think that's a reasonable amount of time to block someone? We thought it was a bit quick to dismiss us . Thanks xxx they're obviously not worth it "

The example I had, got a follow-up message (from a couple) that I was obviously too arrogant to reply/accept their friend invite (complete strangers) before blocking me. Yup - I definitely dodged a bullet

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

if you dont want to meet then have the manners to say a polite no thanks and move on ........no need to block

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

If I get blocked for not answering quick enough, I just see it as another filter at work.

Life means an answer can't always be sent the moment I've read a message and I never use this site for arranging instant fun.... Some do though so I figure if I'm blocked due to not quick enough response time for them, we aren't compatible so who cares?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

How do you know thats why they blocked you??

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So someone has been blocked and with only one side of the story lots of people are prepared to make all sorts of judgments and assumptions about the people doing the blocking.

I hope they don't read the forum."

Manchester

"i got blocked as well by a guy after chatting for a while....... if they dont want to meet then they could say and then leave it at that.......no need to block

I very much agree - it seems to happen to single men an awful lot, no matter how polite you are :/"

Don't be a single man and have a thin skin on here

By *sa fun guy widnesMan  over a year ago

widnes

Y do ppl ask for friend request look then block ? Ppl could just be well mannered and just say ta but no ta

"So someone has been blocked and with only one side of the story lots of people are prepared to make all sorts of judgments and assumptions about the people doing the blocking.

I hope they don't read the forum.

"

oxford

But that's the point , we didn't get to find out if we were compatable as we were Blocked, !!! Why write to us and Block us within 24 hours, A bit impatient, springs to mind.!! But thanks for all your comments , xxxx

some people want everything their own way maybe you got lucky... look on the bright side fab is full of nice, genuine people who are more laid back... they tend to be the fun ones

Good luck and enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend

xx

By *attbroMan  over a year ago

Hereford

How can you tell if you have been blocked on this site? Or if they have just deleted their account? Sorry I'm a newbie

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

'Emotionally turbulent' - I like it! 'I'm feeling a touch turbulent today dahling...'

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"But that's the point , we didn't get to find out if we were compatable as we were Blocked, !!! Why write to us and Block us within 24 hours, A bit impatient, springs to mind.!! But thanks for all your comments , xxxx"

How do you know why they blocked you?

oxford

We don't know why they Blocked us, that's the point, !!! We did nothing wrong, apart from not answering their mail within 24 hours, What would you suggest ,? It just puzzles me , as to why ?!!! Xxxx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We don't know why they Blocked us, that's the point, !!! We did nothing wrong, apart from not answering their mail within 24 hours, What would you suggest ,? It just puzzles me , as to why ?!!! Xxxx "

I'm puzzled because in your first post you say they blocked you because you didn't answer quickly enough, this has led to many posts saying all sorts of things about these people and even commenting that their relationship is turbulent....all based on your supposition stemming from being blocked by a complete stranger. They blocked because they could that is all and I suspect if the poor people who blocked you are reading this they might well have blocked a few more. Shocking sycophancy going on.

Manchester

"How can you tell if you have been blocked on this site? Or if they have just deleted their account? Sorry I'm a newbie "

Actually that might be a good point, I'm not sure myself and I've been here for years?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"How can you tell if you have been blocked on this site? Or if they have just deleted their account? Sorry I'm a newbie

Actually that might be a good point, I'm not sure myself and I've been here for years?"

If you click on a profile it will say they have blocked, you have blocked or admin have suspended the account. It won't surprise anyone to learn that we've been blocked before now

After 24 hours?

Consider yourself lucky lol!!

We got blocked yesterday for failing to respond to a message after only 40 minutes and this was during a conversation and after exchanging pics etc lol.

Sorry but we had other things to deal with hence the delay :P

Blocked after not replying for 40 mins lol...

Takes all sorts to make the world to round eh? X

oxford

Being Blocked for no reason is silly, if said couple are reading this, then maybe they could unblock us, and we could chat, I'm not saying anything about their relationship, after all I don't know them , !!! Because we have been Blocked !! Xxxx Thanks for all your messages, xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Being Blocked for no reason is silly, if said couple are reading this, then maybe they could unblock us, and we could chat, I'm not saying anything about their relationship, after all I don't know them , !!! Because we have been Blocked !! Xxxx Thanks for all your messages, xx"

Why are you bothered by it? They are one couple out of thousands. I know you didn't say anything about their relationship but others did and some were unkind and judgemental about them it isn't right or fair in my opinion.

"We don't know why they Blocked us, that's the point, !!! We did nothing wrong, apart from not answering their mail within 24 hours, What would you suggest ,? It just puzzles me , as to why ?!!! Xxxx "

There could be many reasons. What difference does it make what the reason is?

or hubby messaged and now wifey has found out what he been up to and chopped his bits off!!!!!!!!!!!! lol "

oxford

Thanks all for your input, !! It seemed to cause a bit of conlflict, , anyway moving on now, met a new couple last night, for a social , our faith is restored, . Xx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Being Blocked for no reason is silly, if said couple are reading this, then maybe they could unblock us, and we could chat, I'm not saying anything about their relationship, after all I don't know them , !!! Because we have been Blocked !! Xxxx Thanks for all your messages, xx

Why are you bothered by it? They are one couple out of thousands. I know you didn't say anything about their relationship but others did and some were unkind and judgemental about them it isn't right or fair in my opinion."

Always amazes me the righteous indignation displayed by some when they are blocked. I personally have no time to spend on anyone not interested in me and not arrogant enough to assume my easy going nature and dazzling good looks will appeal to all.

It's a filter people, a site tool, they don't want to meet you...get...Over...It!

Move on!

» Add a new message to this topic