FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Friend requests

Friend requests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What is it about people sending a friend request without even chatting to you first?do these people class folk they walk past on the streets as friends?

Thoughts please xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My fat fingers sometimes catch icon... That's a genuine excuse to!

They just want to perv your friends only pics

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"They just want to perv your friends only pics"

By *overs14Couple  over a year ago

norwich

We get loads of random requests. We just ignore most of them. Quite often when I look at their profiles it will say not to send a friend request without chatting first. So I have no idea why they don't do the same!

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"What is it about people sending a friend request without even chatting to you first?do these people class folk they walk past on the streets as friends?

Thoughts please xx"

Make all your friends pics private and the problem is solved. It worked for me.

By *omethingSoGoodAboutSofiaWoman  over a year ago

Blackburn/Preston

"We get loads of random requests. We just ignore most of them. Quite often when I look at their profiles it will say not to send a friend request without chatting first. So I have no idea why they don't do the same! "

Same here, it baffles me!

thats ok as long as they have some.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It doesn't bother me in the least. It's no skin off my nose to accept someone - it's when they start enquiring about Christmas and birthday presents that I'd get miffed

The good thing about random friend request is : when they are offline you can accept look at the pics then delete off your friends list

By *layerzCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"What is it about people sending a friend request without even chatting to you first?do these people class folk they walk past on the streets as friends?

Thoughts please xx"

So is the correct format to send a message first, establish contact and then (subject to message contents) send a friends request?

We have several requests form people we don't know at all and are suspicious about whether faces fotos will get copied and bandied around - and that is no way suggesting everyone is like that.

We have only accepted one friend request form someone we haven't met, but we do have a mutual friend - that was after we sent a message - we had a friends request back... I think.

Genuine question this as several years ago we had a guy using fotos of Mrs O and passing her off as his wife and if possible we really wopuld like to avoid such a thing happening again.

Mr P

I get that all the time and I always delete the request

Guess they just want to see the pictures on your friends list

yeap,,lol,wankers fucking pointless as i,ll never accept em

norwich

"The good thing about random friend request is : when they are offline you can accept look at the pics then delete off your friends list "

Yes I have done that a few times lol.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"The good thing about random friend request is : when they are offline you can accept look at the pics then delete off your friends list

Yes I have done that a few times lol."

They want to feel wanted.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

We only accept friends requests after we have met someone. most just want to perv private pics.

Just leave in the requests page, kinda like a fab' waste paper basket.

Thoughts please xx

Make all your friends pics private and the problem is solved. It worked for me. "

And me. I just delete randoms

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Thoughts please xx

Make all your friends pics private and the problem is solved. It worked for me.

And me. I just delete randoms "

"The good thing about random friend request is : when they are offline you can accept look at the pics then delete off your friends list

Yes I have done that a few times lol. "

So is this acceptable? I am so, so very nosey even with the ones I'm not even remotely interested in getting to know - but it feels so wrong to have a peak, then delete!

"have a peak"

peek even

norwich

Well they did send a friend request without chatting first so I think they deserve their private pics snooping at lol.

this,and it doesn't matter if you state it in your profile lol they really want to see those pictures!

We usually just block the person sending it.

Our take is they haven't bothered to read our profile, they have no manners & therefore would not be the type of person we would ever plan on meeting.

If randoms do this I delete if they keep doing it I block.

We have had a few some repeat offenders when you delete them. They pop back up again.

Does not work unless we have met.

Or your smoking hot and offline so we can have a perve.

By *itten-xxxWoman  over a year ago

North West

I delete these requests too. I only add friends after we've met or if I'm about to meet. If we don't continue interacting then I delete them.

"Just leave in the requests page, kinda like a fab' waste paper basket."

thats what i do now had a few lately with no pics on there profile asking to be added to my friends list yet have never spoken to them

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If they sent a message saying may I peeve your pics would be better than the random friend requests

I ignore then if I'm in a good mood, if I'm not I'll question why they've sent it Otherwise I only accept those I intend getting naked with

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Simply delete them

Some do it as all their pics are in friends only .

Therefore it's a good idea .

We look at the pics and keep if we like them and delete if not

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

+1

Looks like some people using the friends list like Facebook. Maybe you get a prize for having lots of friends

Thoughts please xx"

they want your pics . . at best, to perv at ... at worst, to use on another site for their own purposes .. eek ! DAB .. delete and block !

We just ignore

By *untimeanytimeMan  over a year ago

kings lynn

"We get loads of random requests. We just ignore most of them. Quite often when I look at their profiles it will say not to send a friend request without chatting first. So I have no idea why they don't do the same! "

I only have people I've met and still keep in touch with on my friends list. I used to have friend only pics but just got too many random requests from people I'd never spoken to so took them off. I have sent a random request by mistake before, did this morning, must have a twitchy mouse hand lol

I don't even look at mine as its rare I accept them

By *reampie Cleaner 69Man  over a year ago

Barnsley

Some people need to get a grip. You are talking as if someone sending a friends request is one step behind murder.

In my eyes its a way of showing interest in the same way a wink is.

"In my eyes its a way of showing interest in the same way a wink is."

While I agree with you that blocking users for having sent a random friends request may be OTT, I do think these friend requests can be quite intrusive and very unlike a wink. The wink does not require any action, apart from maybe an idle click through the winker's profile. But a friend request requires a more thorough check-over, and decisions (do I like this person, how can I know if we've never spoken, do I want this person to see my friends pictures, will this person think I fancy them or that I am game if I accept their friends invite). Do you see the difference?

"I don't even look at mine as its rare I accept them "

When we first joined we were eager to have friends to swap pics and talk dirty with. The longer you are on here it seems you have lesser but quality and sometimes real friends. Still accept people knkwing they want to see more.. Still part of the thrill seeing the people next door at it

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

"It doesn't bother me in the least. It's no skin off my nose to accept someone - it's when they start enquiring about Christmas and birthday presents that I'd get miffed "

n lincs

"If they sent a message saying may I peeve your pics would be better than the random friend requests"
we sometimes get that but what's the point when they are hundreds of miles away. Only accept friend requests if we have spoke in some form and a possible meet is on the table other wise again no point as we have had some of our pics uploaded onto other website

"The good thing about random friend request is : when they are offline you can accept look at the pics then delete off your friends list "

"It doesn't bother me in the least. It's no skin off my nose to accept someone - it's when they start enquiring about Christmas and birthday presents that I'd get miffed "

christmas presents in July, yes please

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"It doesn't bother me in the least. It's no skin off my nose to accept someone - it's when they start enquiring about Christmas and birthday presents that I'd get miffed

christmas presents in July, yes please"

You should be so lucky

Thoughts please xx"

Thoughts? Just delete them.

Thoughts please xx"

Don't know why they do it but it tells me a few things .1. They haven't read my profile 2. They are either pic collectors or rude. The outcome is always the same block.

If you delete them they can be resent, on the otherhand if just ignore them they cannot send you another one

If I want to be 'friends' I send them an invite and never before chatting for a while first

I never look at my friend invite folder

I get a good few and it comes from couples...then I initiate a chat and get nothing....sometimes I'll add them, perv the pics then defriend them.

Ive got a few of these. no message first, so no acceptance

"We usually just block the person sending it.

Our take is they haven't bothered to read our profile, they have no manners & therefore would not be the type of person we would ever plan on meeting.

"

Exactly what we do,no interest in fuckwits that fire requests after looking at a profile pic and neglecting to read your profile,ours states this will be the chosen course of action

It states in our profile that we only accept the request when ask. It's about 50 to 1 of people that don't ask vs. people that do. People will also chat with you for an hour and never ask, and the next day we find a friend request from them.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Thoughts please xx"

They get deleted, if they keep sending them maybe a message then block

By *jandjbCouple  over a year ago

Nr Manchester

Thoughts please xx

So is the correct format to send a message first, establish contact and then (subject to message contents) send a friends request?

We have several requests form people we don't know at all and are suspicious about whether faces fotos will get copied and bandied around - and that is no way suggesting everyone is like that.

We have only accepted one friend request form someone we haven't met, but we do have a mutual friend - that was after we sent a message - we had a friends request back... I think.

Genuine question this as several years ago we had a guy using fotos of Mrs O and passing her off as his wife and if possible we really wopuld like to avoid such a thing happening again.

Mr P"

We think the above is the way - msgs each way first, possibly following a wink or "whose looked at me" - then friends invite if both agreeable. Alternatively people we have met briefly in clubs but again messaging, then friends invite.

Pic collectors,I never accept any unless I've met them and formed a friendship

By *reampie Cleaner 69Man  over a year ago

Barnsley

"In my eyes its a way of showing interest in the same way a wink is.

While I agree with you that blocking users for having sent a random friends request may be OTT, I do think these friend requests can be quite intrusive and very unlike a wink. The wink does not require any action, apart from maybe an idle click through the winker's profile. But a friend request requires a more thorough check-over, and decisions (do I like this person, how can I know if we've never spoken, do I want this person to see my friends pictures, will this person think I fancy them or that I am game if I accept their friends invite). Do you see the difference?"

No I don't see how someone sending a friend request can be seen as intrusive at all. I think some people need to take a look at their ego's. A friend request is a friend request, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe some people do it to look at pics but so what. Is that the end of the world. If you dont want people to know you have got x amount of friends pics then you can keep them private like I have!!

Yes I have done that a few times lol.

So is this acceptable? I am so, so very nosey even with the ones I'm not even remotely interested in getting to know - but it feels so wrong to have a peak, then delete!"

If they want to send random friend requests then you accept , look decide your not interested and delete, yes i think its acceptable, if they didn't want people looking they wouldn't send them in the first place, or have no pics to snoop at lol :D

"They just want to perv your friends only pics "

n lincs

Makes us laugh those that send friend requests but have no pics in friends only same go's with them that wink but have no pics at all. What are you supposed to look at from a wink with no pics lol

» Add a new message to this topic