FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > BDSM study = better mental health

BDSM study = better mental health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just read on the Huffpost online that:

People who are into kinky sex may be psychologically healthier than those who are not, says a new study. Researchers found that people who were involved in BDSM -- bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism -- scored better on certain indicators of mental health than those who did not bring kink into the bedroom, reported LiveScience.

What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *artinichilled1TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I guess people want some outlet from daily stresses of life.So its probably not a surprise.

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

BDSM for some is a form of pleasure, like sport or reading. Any activity that releases endorphines to the brain is bound to be healthy. Drinking unfortunately is not one of them, contrary to popular belief.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very Interesting

I'd have to say utter rubbish. There's as many knackers involved in BDSM as there are in any other area of life.

i got interested in it a long time ago because sex with my husband wasnt good enough, when i started having sex with other men i lost interest because straight sex was good enough.

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

It's an interesting article and my only reservation is the composition of the vanilla group not demographically matching that of the BDSM practitioners.

But the result would probably be similar for committed swingers. I think anybody who is proactive in their sex life feels better about themselves.

» Add a new message to this topic