FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Bareback sex

Bareback sex

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asyuk OP   Man  over a year ago

West London

Really? Really, really?

My mind is boggling a little bit

Up to you of course, but, really?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes ofcourse. I creamed few girls up to.. love it and owt is better .

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

How about look after yourself, and leave others to there choices/preferences.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"How about look after yourself, and leave others to there choices/preferences."

Yup!!

Don't make such a big thing of it so people still show that they do it then you can make an informed decision on whether to meet them or not. The more people slate, ridicule, hound the barebackers the more underground it will go and you will never know who does it or not.

Another way to protect yourself o's to assume everyone does it so always play safe.

The only persons sexual health you can control is your own.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Well the op is well educated and cannot accom. Fairplay to him considering his wife and not doing bareback with whoever behind her back

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

People do all sorts of things on here that others find distasteful, honesty is the way forward so that all concerned know the facts and can proceed accordingly.

Saw a profile recently on here which stated that he only accepted bareback sex and looking for selected couples and singles women to do it regularly with. He may or not have been cleaned, but who's to say, his selected partners are?? Needless to say, soon moved onto the next profile.

P

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Saw a profile recently on here which stated that he only accepted bareback sex and looking for selected couples and singles women to do it regularly with. He may or not have been cleaned, but who's to say, his selected partners are?? Needless to say, soon moved onto the next profile.

P"

That is exactly how honesty works though. He is clear in his intentions and requirements enabling you to make an informed choice. If people hide the fact that they don't use condoms (and many do) nobody can make an informed choice.

Incidentally condoms only make it safer there is more than one transmission route.

West London

Perhaps like wasn't judging. Perhaps I was wanting to find out why people want to do it.

Is that possible?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

It's possible I suppose but looking st the OP not probable.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Perhaps like wasn't judging. Perhaps I was wanting to find out why people want to do it.

Is that possible? "

It feels nicer.

The number of single men we have met who claim that they only practice safe sex yet carry no condoms of their own and seem slightly taken aback when we produce our own is astounding. Lots of men expect couples to do bareback for some reason I think some of them think that couples will automatically be clear...in our experience anyway.

I always carry 2 in my wallet,

You never know

West London

I indulge my particular perversions for my own reasons and have stated them in my profile and am happy to discuss them with anyone who's interested.

I'm aware of the risks and handle them appropriately.

Perhaps I'm just a product of the big AIDS safe sex campaign of the 80s and 90s but I would like to know where that balance lies for people who want to indulge in unprotected see.

So anyone for some more constructive comments?

"Perhaps like wasn't judging. Perhaps I was wanting to find out why people want to do it.

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

The number of single men we have met who claim that they only practice safe sex yet carry no condoms of their own and seem slightly taken aback when we produce our own is astounding. Lots of men expect couples to do bareback for some reason I think some of them think that couples will automatically be clear...in our experience anyway."

Have to say yes it's quite fascinating how many don't carry or come prepared, we always have a selection ( infact just bought 60 on a special offer lol , all shapes, sizes and flavours ) the only person that can look after your health is yourself as long as you keep that in mind why worry what others do ?

And it's always funny how it's called "safe sex" the only safe sex is no sex ( actually sitting in a seperate room with no contact at all is the only safe sex ) people need to realise that even a condom doesn't protect from std's

"Really? Really, really?

My mind is boggling a little bit

Up to you of course, but, really?"

People will they always have but threads like this just demonise it so people are less open about it and you could end up playing with people who do but keep quiet about it rather than being open and you could avoid.

West London

"Have to say yes it's quite fascinating how many don't carry or come prepared, we always have a selection ( infact just bought 60 on a special offer lol , all shapes, sizes and flavours ) the only person that can look after your health is yourself as long as you keep that in mind why worry what others do ?

And it's always funny how it's called "safe sex" the only safe sex is no sex ( actually sitting in a seperate room with no contact at all is the only safe sex ) people need to realise that even a condom doesn't protect from std's "

Not worried, just curious, and I am learning that in the forums it not always safe to be several hundred miles away

Even if i'm off to a social i always take my own, i like the brand i use and never want to be caught short the hardest thing is taking enough you never know how the night will go if there is more then one woman i put a new one on for each girl so i dont pass anything between them.

Bareback for me is only for gf's someone where its more like making love

By *inkyNGotchaCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

It's funny how people associate safe sex with intercourse... Oral is by far a riskier transmission for so many things... The amount of pics on here with women giving head to 5 or 6 guys without condoms but insist on one for intercourse astounds me... Not judging.. Just saying...

"I always carry 2 in my wallet,

You never know "

Wallet's not necessarily best place to keep them as could get repeatedly squeezed.

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

The number of single men we have met who claim that they only practice safe sex yet carry no condoms of their own and seem slightly taken aback when we produce our own is astounding. Lots of men expect couples to do bareback for some reason I think some of them think that couples will automatically be clear...in our experience anyway."

If they get checked regularly they can get big bags of condoms from the clinic/hospital...no reason to not have any

"It's funny how people associate safe sex with intercourse... Oral is by far a riskier transmission for so many things... The amount of pics on here with women giving head to 5 or 6 guys without condoms but insist on one for intercourse astounds me... Not judging.. Just saying... "

Does that mean you don't insist on them for full sex? your pictures show you giving oral and they are amazing pictures too. Just wondering. not judging. BTW your profile is erotic

"So anyone for some more constructive comments? "

I think your OP set a condescending rather than a curious tone!

I think the clue as to why people do it is calculated risk. All human contact involves risk of infection, and everyone decides what is an acceptable level of risk for the pleasure gained. It is not dissimilar to choosing to ejaculate in your wife or girlfriend despite the risk of pregnancy.

It is also a matter of frame of reference. For example, I am a very low-level player but I still had non-playing friends question my decision to give unprotected oral. People's comfort zone or perceived danger is different depending on their experiences. A lot of these decisions ride on moral judgement too, not just logic. For example - is it riskier to have condomed PIV/anal penetration but otherwise unrestricted sex with 12 partners, or to have bareback with one? There are no statistics on this, everyone has to decide for themselves.

But at the bottom of it - how much would it bother you if you did get infected? Most infections are treatable if not totally curable now. In general people tend to do a lot of reckless things for kicks (bungee jumping, anyone?). I think these same type of thrill-seekers choose to go for the maximum pleasure of skin-on-skin.

For the record, I use condoms even with my regular partners! Which makes me a very peculiar bareback apologist :P

By *inkyNGotchaCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

"So anyone for some more constructive comments?

I think your OP set a condescending rather than a curious tone!

I think the clue as to why people do it is calculated risk. All human contact involves risk of infection, and everyone decides what is an acceptable level of risk for the pleasure gained. It is not dissimilar to choosing to ejaculate in your wife or girlfriend despite the risk of pregnancy.

It is also a matter of frame of reference. For example, I am a very low-level player but I still had non-playing friends question my decision to give unprotected oral. People's comfort zone or perceived danger is different depending on their experiences. A lot of these decisions ride on moral judgement too, not just logic. For example - is it riskier to have condomed PIV/anal penetration but otherwise unrestricted sex with 12 partners, or to have bareback with one? There are no statistics on this, everyone has to decide for themselves.

But at the bottom of it - how much would it bother you if you did get infected? Most infections are treatable if not totally curable now. In general people tend to do a lot of reckless things for kicks (bungee jumping, anyone?). I think these same type of thrill-seekers choose to go for the maximum pleasure of skin-on-skin.

For the record, I use condoms even with my regular partners! Which makes me a very peculiar bareback apologist :P"

Great post!

I practise safe sexy times

But don't use protection for oral

I always have condoms in my bag

And am a regular up the clinic

I don't tend to play with many new people usually just regulars but even then you don't know what or who they been doing ha ha

"The more people slate, ridicule, hound the barebackers the more underground it will go and you will never know who does it or not."

(Sorry, I have to argue both positions ) You've made a valid and interesting point. I am one of these people that daemonise barebackers. The reason for my dislike being that in my limited experience most of them (admittedly, mostly men) are so set on their ways that they constantly push for their agenda, even ridiculing me in reverse for being what they perceive to be as overly cautious.

"Bareback or boring?" that's someone's actual phrasing when asking to know my preference!

"I indulge my particular perversions for my own reasons and have stated them in my profile and am happy to discuss them with anyone who's interested.

I'm aware of the risks and handle them appropriately.

Perhaps I'm just a product of the big AIDS safe sex campaign of the 80s and 90s but I would like to know where that balance lies for people who want to indulge in unprotected see.

So anyone for some more constructive comments? "

also saves having to explain to your wife how you got a STI i suppose

West London

"also saves having to explain to your wife how you got a STI i suppose "

That is a happy consequence

See last weeks thread

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

STD,s are transmitted through ANY bodily fluids, lick your fingers after and during playing with a womans pussy is just as dangerous as bareback sex. Oral sex both ways is a far greater chance of catching something, at partys you don,t go wash your mouth out after licking pussy or sucking cock chances are you move on to someone else so spreading any diseases further. Its all about TRUST at the end of the day and regular check ups.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"STD,s are transmitted through ANY bodily fluids, lick your fingers after and during playing with a womans pussy is just as dangerous as bareback sex. Oral sex both ways is a far greater chance of catching something, at partys you don,t go wash your mouth out after licking pussy or sucking cock chances are you move on to someone else so spreading any diseases further. Its all about TRUST at the end of the day and regular check ups."

Do you mean there is a far greater chance of catching something via oral sex than via protected penetrative sex?

Wakefield

Yes when bodily fluides are exchanged theres is a risk of catching a STD, unprotected oral is just as bad as unprotected full sex. Your mouth is wet all the time with saliva licking a womans pussy which wet when aroused or sucking a mans cock when precum can and does seep out is exchanging bodily fluids but we all do it with thinking it can just as dangerous as full on unprotected sex.

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I like to think we are all educated adults who understand the various risks in whatever we do and whoever we do it with. I dont know why some people feel the need to preach to others like we are witless retards. (jumps back down from soapbox)

By *nlyfun3Woman  over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

"Yes when bodily fluides are exchanged theres is a risk of catching a STD, unprotected oral is just as bad as unprotected full sex. Your mouth is wet all the time with saliva licking a womans pussy which wet when aroused or sucking a mans cock when precum can and does seep out is exchanging bodily fluids but we all do it with thinking it can just as dangerous as full on unprotected sex."

i have had this discussion at a gum clinic and am a nurse. not all ur fact r true. oral sex is a reduced risk. not all sti's which they arenow called can be transmitted orally. some can oly be transmitted if say u have a cut or ulcer in your mouth. this is why when u attend the clinic as a woman u rarely routinely get a throat swab . but a vaginal and if u partake in anal,an anal swab. it is also the case that if u do happen to contract something orally the chances of passing it on ive been told is minimal.

I bareback

I do it because I like it.

It's not a necessity when meeting with someone but if we're both comfortable with it then who cares.

Here we go again. Proportion please folks.

The statically chance of catching HIV from a single act of unprotected sex has been calculated at 1 in 1,000,000.

Statistically that means in 50 year sex life a person would have to have sex 55 times A DAY, every day of their sex life, to reach statistical certainty.

The chances of being struck by lightening in a lifetime is 1 in 5000 or 200 times higher so forget the condoms get a Faraday cage!!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yes when bodily fluides are exchanged theres is a risk of catching a STD, unprotected oral is just as bad as unprotected full sex. Your mouth is wet all the time with saliva licking a womans pussy which wet when aroused or sucking a mans cock when precum can and does seep out is exchanging bodily fluids but we all do it with thinking it can just as dangerous as full on unprotected sex."

It is a risk certainly but it isn't as risky as unprotected penetration

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Here we go again. Proportion please folks.

The statically chance of catching HIV from a single act of unprotected sex has been calculated at 1 in 1,000,000.

Statistically that means in 50 year sex life a person would have to have sex 55 times A DAY, every day of their sex life, to reach statistical certainty.

The chances of being struck by lightening in a lifetime is 1 in 5000 or 200 times higher so forget the condoms get a Faraday cage!!!

"

And the statistical probability of catching any of the other stds?

"

Lies, damned lies and statistics!

the risk from oral for some STDs is similar to unprotected sex. However, many of these diseases are treatable and hopefully people who know they are currently infected wont play. For HIV which remains the one which is not obvious and much more serious, oral sex is a very low risk activity. I would always want to use condoms for fucking (although unprotected feels so much better) but oral sex is almost pointless with a condom and so I prefer to go without - as one poster said it is balance of risk.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

So everyone with HIV had sex 55 times a day? Or are statistics pretty meaningless?

"

And your point is?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"How about look after yourself, and leave others to there choices/preferences.

Yup!!

Don't make such a big thing of it so people still show that they do it then you can make an informed decision on whether to meet them or not. The more people slate, ridicule, hound the barebackers the more underground it will go and you will never know who does it or not.

Another way to protect yourself o's to assume everyone does it so always play safe.

The only persons sexual health you can control is your own. "

Simply: this!

Wakefield

No its not as risky as unprotected penetration but your last question was about protected penetration not unprotected.

And the statistical probability of catching any of the other stds?"

Higher of course but most people talk like a sti is a death sentence and these days only HIV comes close.

I can sort out the other statistics if you wish but they are already available in other forum posts.

Strange isn't it. If someone gets influenza, a very nasty contagious infection, there is universal sympathy. If they get chlamydia, a virtually symptomless bacterial infection, from doing what humans were made to do, they are somehow looked down on. Shouldn't we wear rubber gloves and face masks to prevent flu?

And your point is?"

Sorry you missed it.

We face far greater risks in our daily lives from our normal activities than any barebacker does. It seems that because STIs are related to that universal evil, sex, we must treat them differently.

Got more chance getting involved with an accident in londons roads than an std

Each to their own. I control my own sexual health. I personally would only wear a condom. I look at every meet as a potential barebacker. I have no control over others actions. I can only control my own.

By *r Man.Man  over a year ago

London

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

The number of single men we have met who claim that they only practice safe sex yet carry no condoms of their own and seem slightly taken aback when we produce our own is astounding. Lots of men expect couples to do bareback for some reason I think some of them think that couples will automatically be clear...in our experience anyway.

Have to say yes it's quite fascinating how many don't carry or come prepared, we always have a selection ( infact just bought 60 on a special offer lol , all shapes, sizes and flavours ) the only person that can look after your health is yourself as long as you keep that in mind why worry what others do ?

And it's always funny how it's called "safe sex" the only safe sex is no sex ( actually sitting in a seperate room with no contact at all is the only safe sex ) people need to realise that even a condom doesn't protect from std's "

Why don't you guys show these people the exit door. If they new that it was a safe house beforehand, why come unprepared.

If a man came to paint your house and hadn't even bothered to bring his own paintbrush. Would you still let him paint your house?

Doh!!

The chance of winning the Euromillions is 1:116,000,000. Every week or so someone wins

London

"The chance of winning the Euromillions is 1:116,000,000. Every week or so someone wins "

By *arkinberksMan  over a year ago

Ascot

Hmm. ... few thoughts on this.

Firstly, some choose bareback due to allergies to latex, although you can get non - latex condoms. Some find that risky sex adds a certain frisson. A few are intent on getting pregnant and hang the possible consequences/risks that could arise. It just depends on what floats your boat. I'm old enough to remember when the only reason for using a condom was because your partner wasn't on the pill. You tended to be more circumspect about where you hid the sausage.

AIDS made us all rethink how we approach sex. You opt for a condom because deep down you don't trust the other person to be 100% clean. It's not a personal slight, just that you have knowledge of their previous relationships and whether they were disease free. Even long term relationships suffer. The scares about the possible long term effects from taking the pill meant that many women stopped taking it, leaving the only viable options for preventing pregnancy being a) condom b) vasectomy c) abstinence.

Me ? I got used to playing safe. Bit of a culture shock but when it comes to casual sex the safe option is trust nobody.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

And it's always funny how it's called "safe sex" the only safe sex is no sex ( actually sitting in a seperate room with no contact at all is the only safe sex ) people need to realise that even a condom doesn't protect from std's

Why don't you guys show these people the exit door. If they new that it was a safe house beforehand, why come unprepared.

If a man came to paint your house and hadn't even bothered to bring his own paintbrush. Would you still let him paint your house?

Doh!!"

Yep good point. We had them, they didn't refuse to use them so we went ahead. None of them bothered to bring a paintbrush either

London

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

Doh!!

Yep good point. We had them, they didn't refuse to use them so we went ahead. None of them bothered to bring a paintbrush either "

lol

not a chance EVER

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

Doh!!

Yep good point. We had them, they didn't refuse to use them so we went ahead. None of them bothered to bring a paintbrush either "

same if they use ours then they use ours we don't mind that's why we have them , if they refused then that's a different story

"Each to their own. I control my own sexual health. I personally would only wear a condom. I look at every meet as a potential barebacker. I have no control over others actions. I can only control my own. "

Exactly this. A condom is unquestionable for me.

London

Is that possible?

It feels nicer.

Doh!!

Yep good point. We had them, they didn't refuse to use them so we went ahead. None of them bothered to bring a paintbrush either same if they use ours then they use ours we don't mind that's why we have them , if they refused then that's a different story "

I hear,and i respect what your saying, i have a friend and she has an allergy to latex. So she has latex free condom's which she supply's. We all know the score.

For me i play safe. So if i came round to your house without condoms that means I'm looking for some bareback play, and i know and you know that Jonny isn't full proof.

I had a play partner on here and she use to have guys wanting to go bareback because they supposedly forgot there condoms, and she always walked with them. And id always say why do you play with them?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Got more chance getting involved with an accident in londons roads than an std "

Where did the 1 in a million stat come from????????

A meta-analysis of 10 studies exploring the risk of transmission through vaginal sex was published in 2009.4 It estimated the risk of HIV transmission through receptive vaginal sex (receiving the penis in the vagina) to be 0.08% (equivalent to 1 transmission per 1,250 exposures).

A meta-analysis of three studies exploring the risk from insertive vaginal sex (inserting the penis into the vagina) was estimated to be 0.04% (equivalent to 1 transmission per 2,500 exposures).3

Each to their own, but always check the odds yourself. Don't rely on my stats or anyone who quotes numbers. They could spout them from anywhere. Like their arse.

People think it's just STDs but that's not the only issue here you have HPV which woman can get from males STD screening tests cannot pick up HPV most males don't even know they have it this can lead to bad cells which can lead to cancer

Also another thing you can say I've only slept with 3 people

Who have those 3 people slept with?

10 people each

Then those 10 people who have they slept with the list can multiply very quickly

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Look which ever way you slice it, a condom provides safer sex, if not safe sex.

But in the end we are all free to fuck how we want.

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Is that possible? "

I haven't even read the rest of the thread but will take the risk of saying it's more fun. Women like the feel of a man's cum shooting inside them, dribbling out as he finishes pumping his cock into her. Men get a similar feeling as they ejaculate. I love going down on a woman that I and several others have come come in, also love it when I'm down on here and can see his cock pulsing as the spunk goes up his shaft. It floats my boat, it may or may not float yours. If you don't feel happy about doing something don't do it, if you do, do it. Quite simple really

Bare back for me is no no diffrent when.married for 26 yesrs now singel most inportant thing unless i settle down again .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Doh!!

Yep good point. We had them, they didn't refuse to use them so we went ahead. None of them bothered to bring a paintbrush either same if they use ours then they use ours we don't mind that's why we have them , if they refused then that's a different story

I hear,and i respect what your saying, i have a friend and she has an allergy to latex. So she has latex free condom's which she supply's. We all know the score.

For me i play safe. So if i came round to your house without condoms that means I'm looking for some bareback play, and i know and you know that Jonny isn't full proof.

I had a play partner on here and she use to have guys wanting to go bareback because they supposedly forgot there condoms, and she always walked with them. And id always say why do you play with them?"

And I would always say it was our decision at the time. If a woman turned up to meet you and just before you were about to enter her, wearing a condom you had supplied, having allowed her to put your unprotected cock on her mouth, your ungloved fingers in her pussy she said "I didn't bring my own condoms"......would you walk?

I always use condoms and take my own with me. It's no guarantee for avoiding sti as oral sex is always a risk! I wonder if any guys were asked to put a condom on for oral if they would refuse?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I always use condoms and take my own with me. It's no guarantee for avoiding sti as oral sex is always a risk! I wonder if any guys were asked to put a condom on for oral if they would refuse? "

No one we asked ever refused.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I always use condoms and take my own with me. It's no guarantee for avoiding sti as oral sex is always a risk! I wonder if any guys were asked to put a condom on for oral if they would refuse?

No one we asked ever refused."

Although thinking back one guy did whip it off and hope we wouldn't notice.

"I always use condoms and take my own with me. It's no guarantee for avoiding sti as oral sex is always a risk! I wonder if any guys were asked to put a condom on for oral if they would refuse?

Thank you for response. Maybe if I get a meet sometime later I'll try asking

London

i have been asked and i obliged

Had a chap turn up and when I asked him did he bring any condoms said the excuse that everywhere he went had packs of 15s and he wanted a pack of 3s. No condoms, no penetrative sex.

P

Although thinking back one guy did whip it off and hope we wouldn't notice. "

Did that end the meeting

London

"

Doh!!

Yep good point. We had them, they didn't refuse to use them so we went ahead. None of them bothered to bring a paintbrush either same if they use ours then they use ours we don't mind that's why we have them , if they refused then that's a different story

I had a play partner on here and she use to have guys wanting to go bareback because they supposedly forgot there condoms, and she always walked with them. And id always say why do you play with them?

And I would always say it was our decision at the time. If a woman turned up to meet you and just before you were about to enter her, wearing a condom you had supplied, having allowed her to put your unprotected cock on her mouth, your ungloved fingers in her pussy she said "I didn't bring my own condoms"......would you walk?"

Call me old fashion in a morden world. If i get invited to a party, I'll bring the bottle, although the host would already provided some.

Likewise as a single man, the invite would be sent to me, to come and play. And as its a safe house, should i have some sort of decency in bringing a bottle, sorry i mean a Johnny to the party.

I must say I'm not against bareback for those who want to partake in it. I'm just against those who want to smuggle it in with 'Oh i forgot my johnnys'

By *erryandSailorCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

"I always use condoms and take my own with me. It's no guarantee for avoiding sti as oral sex is always a risk! I wonder if any guys were asked to put a condom on for oral if they would refuse? "

Has happened twice recently once on a couple meet and half way through she took it off and the last time at a party so moved on from that lady

It's nice to see there are obliging people on here. I think once im sorted it will be the way I am going to play. Probably will put the kibosh on meeting but I don't get any anyway lol

"Yes when bodily fluides are exchanged theres is a risk of catching a STD, unprotected oral is just as bad as unprotected full sex. Your mouth is wet all the time with saliva licking a womans pussy which wet when aroused or sucking a mans cock when precum can and does seep out is exchanging bodily fluids but we all do it with thinking it can just as dangerous as full on unprotected sex.

i have had this discussion at a gum clinic and am a nurse. not all ur fact r true. oral sex is a reduced risk. not all sti's which they arenow called can be transmitted orally. some can oly be transmitted if say u have a cut or ulcer in your mouth. this is why when u attend the clinic as a woman u rarely routinely get a throat swab . but a vaginal and if u partake in anal,an anal swab. it is also the case that if u do happen to contract something orally the chances of passing it on ive been told is minimal. "

Yes, I've had a similar discussion with the nurses and doctors at a GUM clinic last time I visited and was told the same thing. Still possible to pick up some std but others including HIV are very low risk and unlikely from oral.

All subject to of course to not having any injury in your mouth, damaged gums or disease, ulcers etc. that means anything you're sucking/licking can come into contact with bleeding or blood in your mouth. Then it's very high risk apparently.

"Yes when bodily fluides are exchanged theres is a risk of catching a STD, unprotected oral is just as bad as unprotected full sex. Your mouth is wet all the time with saliva licking a womans pussy which wet when aroused or sucking a mans cock when precum can and does seep out is exchanging bodily fluids but we all do it with thinking it can just as dangerous as full on unprotected sex.

i have had this discussion at a gum clinic and am a nurse. not all ur fact r true. oral sex is a reduced risk. not all sti's which they arenow called can be transmitted orally. some can oly be transmitted if say u have a cut or ulcer in your mouth. this is why when u attend the clinic as a woman u rarely routinely get a throat swab . but a vaginal and if u partake in anal,an anal swab. it is also the case that if u do happen to contract something orally the chances of passing it on ive been told is minimal.

Yes, I've had a similar discussion with the nurses and doctors at a GUM clinic last time I visited and was told the same thing. Still possible to pick up some std but others including HIV are very low risk and unlikely from oral.

All subject to of course to not having any injury in your mouth, damaged gums or disease, ulcers etc. that means anything you're sucking/licking can come into contact with bleeding or blood in your mouth. Then it's very high risk apparently. "

I have not had any mouth ulcers ever. The only bodily fluids exchanged was when I kissed him after he did oral on me. Probably sounds naive but Im hopeful anyway or trying to be

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Doh!!

And I would always say it was our decision at the time. If a woman turned up to meet you and just before you were about to enter her, wearing a condom you had supplied, having allowed her to put your unprotected cock on her mouth, your ungloved fingers in her pussy she said "I didn't bring my own condoms"......would you walk?

Call me old fashion in a morden world. If i get invited to a party, I'll bring the bottle, although the host would already provided some.

Likewise as a single man, the invite would be sent to me, to come and play. And as its a safe house, should i have some sort of decency in bringing a bottle, sorry i mean a Johnny to the party.

I must say I'm not against bareback for those who want to partake in it. I'm just against those who want to smuggle it in with 'Oh i forgot my johnnys'"

But you didn't answer my question.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Although thinking back one guy did whip it off and hope we wouldn't notice.

Did that end the meeting "

Yep!

By *ngelsdevilWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

[Removed by poster at 18/06/14 22:02:22]

Merseyside

"It's nice to see there are obliging people on here. I think once im sorted it will be the way I am going to play. Probably will put the kibosh on meeting but I don't get any anyway lol "

Sorry if I've got this wrong but I really can't tell what you mean from the posts...

Do you mean you are going to start playing bare?! if this is the case do you really think it's clever and ethical to put your unsuspecting husband at risk of catching a life changing infection such as HIV?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's nice to see there are obliging people on here. I think once im sorted it will be the way I am going to play. Probably will put the kibosh on meeting but I don't get any anyway lol

Sorry if I've got this wrong but I really can't tell what you mean from the posts...

Do you mean you are going to start playing bare?! if this is the case do you really think it's clever and ethical to put your unsuspecting husband at risk of catching a life changing infection such as HIV? "

I thought she meant that she would start asking men to wear a condom for oral

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

"It's nice to see there are obliging people on here. I think once im sorted it will be the way I am going to play. Probably will put the kibosh on meeting but I don't get any anyway lol

Do you mean you are going to start playing bare?! if this is the case do you really think it's clever and ethical to put your unsuspecting husband at risk of catching a life changing infection such as HIV? "

or herpes ....which don't go

Merseyside

Do you mean you are going to start playing bare?! if this is the case do you really think it's clever and ethical to put your unsuspecting husband at risk of catching a life changing infection such as HIV?

I thought she meant that she would start asking men to wear a condom for oral"

That's a definite possibility also, I've just read it a few times and can't quite clarify it! Probably more likely as this would likely put the kibosh on men wanting a meet!

I know a guy in the music business who has had literally thousands of groupies. all unprotected and he doesn't have aids, although I bet he's had a few other things over the years.

me? I always carry superglue for the bollocks of any guy expecting bareback

Merseyside

"I know a guy in the music business who has had literally thousands of groupies. all unprotected and he doesn't have aids, although I bet he's had a few other things over the years.

me? I always carry superglue for the bollocks of any guy expecting bareback "

He's a lucky guy! Honestly anyone thinking bareback is a good idea needs to give Stephen Fry HIV and Me (1&2) a watch! it's a really harrowing documentary! One which made me put the breaks on meeting anyone else off here!

We only know each other's history. We look at every other person we meet as a potential risk. B has halted play because of things that she has seen on a person that she has not been happy with, before it got any further than a hand job. We are regulars at the clinic. We use condoms with every person we meet and B will give bjs with condoms, whether they are flavoured or not now.

I thought she meant that she would start asking men to wear a condom for oral

That's a definite possibility also, I've just read it a few times and can't quite clarify it! Probably more likely as this would likely put the kibosh on men wanting a meet! "

Sorry it was unclear. No to bareback and a yes to asking men to wear condoms for oral, which they may not like and could stop me getting meets. Hope this is clearer

Should we permanently wear face masks and wear rubber gloves to prevent the spread of influenza which kills far more people every year than any sti?

London

"

Doh!!

I must say I'm not against bareback for those who want to partake in it. I'm just against those who want to smuggle it in with 'Oh i forgot my johnnys'

But you didn't answer my question. "

Sorry i thought i did. No

Merseyside

"Should we permanently wear face masks and wear rubber gloves to prevent the spread of influenza which kills far more people every year than any sti?"

I get influenza almost every year, it doesn't kill me and isn't a permanent immune destroying virus with a massive stigma attached. The two don't even compare.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Should we permanently wear face masks and wear rubber gloves to prevent the spread of influenza which kills far more people every year than any sti?

I get influenza almost every year, it doesn't kill me and isn't a permanent immune destroying virus with a massive stigma attached. The two don't even compare. "

Blimey you should have a flu vaccination yearly, it can't be much fun. I have had flu twice in my life and it really was very unpleasant, taking six weeks to fully recover.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Should we permanently wear face masks and wear rubber gloves to prevent the spread of influenza which kills far more people every year than any sti?"

As I just said there is a vaccination available against flu so I don't think it's comparable.

Merseyside

"Should we permanently wear face masks and wear rubber gloves to prevent the spread of influenza which kills far more people every year than any sti?

I get influenza almost every year, it doesn't kill me and isn't a permanent immune destroying virus with a massive stigma attached. The two don't even compare.

Blimey you should have a flu vaccination yearly, it can't be much fun. I have had flu twice in my life and it really was very unpleasant, taking six weeks to fully recover."

It's not nice but I do get to take time off work! so that's always a bonus!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Blimey you should have a flu vaccination yearly, it can't be much fun. I have had flu twice in my life and it really was very unpleasant, taking six weeks to fully recover.

It's not nice but I do get to take time off work! so that's always a bonus! "

Have you considered the vaccination yearly?

Merseyside

Have you considered the vaccination yearly?"

It seems to be everyone I know who does get it complains that they feel lousy for a week anyway so I've never bothered! Call me crazy!!

its a problem on here, when you see someones profile saying they prefer bare back and have hundreds of verifications, not showing them all of course, then you get messages from the people who have met them.

one of my biggest worrys is catching HIV. Lots of older men cant keep an errection if they use a condom.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It seems to be everyone I know who does get it complains that they feel lousy for a week anyway so I've never bothered! Call me crazy!! "

I'm not belittling your illnesses but if feeling lousy for a week is a worse alternative then you haven't experienced genuine influenza. Incidentally I have a yearly flu vaccination and the worst side effect I ever have is a sore arm.

"its a problem on here, when you see someones profile saying they prefer bare back and have hundreds of verifications, not showing them all of course, then you get messages from the people who have met them.

one of my biggest worrys is catching HIV. Lots of older men cant keep an errection if they use a condom."

Yes, I agree, mine to, though I don't have any problem with the last bit about condoms (yet, lol) if anything it makes me harder.

I get influenza almost every year, it doesn't kill me and isn't a permanent immune destroying virus with a massive stigma attached. The two don't even compare. "

You are comparing influenza with HIV/aids? Ok.

Statistically the chance of catching aids is 1:1,000,000. And you get flu every year?

There is a lot of debate over how many are directly killed by flu each year but even the very lowest figures make it a greater killer than AIDS. The BBC reports 4000 deaths against a HIV mortality of circa 400.

In 2012 1% of those living with HIV/aids died. Interestingly that is about the same rate as the normal population.

The thing about influenza is it can infect people you never meet.

But a key point you raise is in your penultimate sentence; "stigma". Once again sexual disease trumps non-sexual in the socially unacceptable lists.

So would you wear a mask and gloves to protect your loved ones from your annual flu?

Merseyside

Statistically the chance of catching aids is 1:1,000,000. And you get flu every year?

There is a lot of debate over how many are directly killed by flu each year but even the very lowest figures make it a greater killer than AIDS. The BBC reports 4000 deaths against a HIV mortality of circa 400.

In 2012 1% of those living with HIV/aids died. Interestingly that is about the same rate as the normal population.

But a key point you raise is in your penultimate sentence; "stigma". Once again sexual disease trumps non-sexual in the socially unacceptable lists.

So would you wear a mask and gloves to protect your loved ones from your annual flu? "

No I wouldn't because that's ridiculous, flu lasts for about a week, it hasn't killed me yet and nobody is bothered when I tell them I have it! compare that to HIV.

Tell you what, carry on playing bare and if the situation arises you come back to me and tell me that Flu is worse than HIV.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

So would you wear a mask and gloves to protect your loved ones from your annual flu?

No I wouldn't because that's ridiculous, flu lasts for about a week, it hasn't killed me yet and nobody is bothered when I tell them I have it! compare that to HIV.

Tell you what, carry on playing bare and if the situation arises you come back to me and tell me that Flu is worse than HIV.

"

flu doesn't last a week, you are getting flu mixed up with a bad cold I'm afraid. Influenza puts you on your back.

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

Which leads us back on point

Merseyside

It seems to be everyone I know who does get it complains that they feel lousy for a week anyway so I've never bothered! Call me crazy!!

I'm not belittling your illnesses but if feeling lousy for a week is a worse alternative then you haven't experienced genuine influenza. Incidentally I have a yearly flu vaccination and the worst side effect I ever have is a sore arm."

I have and if I get a sick note for work out of it it's worth it for me! I like my immune system to fight things off if it can, I don't take Abti biotics for things either, just a personal preference!

Love ittttttttttttttttttttt

Merseyside

flu doesn't last a week, you are getting flu mixed up with a bad cold I'm afraid. Influenza puts you on your back."

That's somthing you'd have to take up with my doctor I'm afraid, I'm no medical professional but at the same time I don't care if it lasts a week or a month nobody in their right mind would think flu is the same as HIV and if they do they can face the consequences if it happens to them through their own recklessness. I for one would never put myself in the position to meet with someone off a swinging site who has plenty of veris and openly barebacks! But that's my choice! And my opinion!

Well even tho its ur shoice not to have it, u seem to have many opinions of those that likes it.. as you say personal choice

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

flu doesn't last a week, you are getting flu mixed up with a bad cold I'm afraid. Influenza puts you on your back.

That's somthing you'd have to take up with my doctor I'm afraid, I'm no medical professional but at the same time I don't care if it lasts a week or a month nobody in their right mind would think flu is the same as HIV and if they do they can face the consequences if it happens to them through their own recklessness. I for one would never put myself in the position to meet with someone off a swinging site who has plenty of veris and openly barebacks! But that's my choice! And my opinion! "

Flu and HIV can't really be used as a comparison so I'm not suggesting that one is worse or better than any other. I know that they are both potential killers and that you can protect yourself from them up to a point one way or another.

Merseyside

"Well even tho its ur shoice not to have it, u seem to have many opinions of those that likes it.. as you say personal choice "

I'm making a point that HIV is a serious thing.

You do what you want in your life and put yourself at risk if you choose too but don't be putting others at risk is all I'm saying! Yes I definitely think barebacking is dangerous reckless foolish behaviour but if you want to do it go ahead nobody's stopping you!

Merseyside

"

That's somthing you'd have to take up with my doctor I'm afraid, I'm no medical professional but at the same time I don't care if it lasts a week or a month nobody in their right mind would think flu is the same as HIV and if they do they can face the consequences if it happens to them through their own recklessness. I for one would never put myself in the position to meet with someone off a swinging site who has plenty of veris and openly barebacks! But that's my choice! And my opinion!

Flu and HIV can't really be used as a comparison so I'm not suggesting that one is worse or better than any other. I know that they are both potential killers and that you can protect yourself from them up to a point one way or another.

"

As I said, comparing flu and HIV is ridiculous, I'm not condoning it at all!

"

It has not killed you, but elderly friends and relatives may die in the future.

I have not said I play bareback? Why accuse me of that with no evidence? I am just contrasting society's view of sexual diseases with socially unstigmatised ones.

"She died of Aids!" "The slut! Got what she deserved"

"She died if flu" "oh the poor thing. How terrible!"

Merseyside

It has not killed you, but elderly friends and relatives may die in the future.

I have not said I play bareback? Why accuse me of that with no evidence? I am just contrasting society's view of sexual diseases with socially unstigmatised ones.

"She died of Aids!" "The slut! Got what she deserved"

"She died if flu" "oh the poor thing. How terrible!"

"

Evidence?! I didn't realise we were in court! you seem to be so in favour of it and are backing it so much it is a warranted assumption!

If someone chooses to play bare they know the risks so shouldn't be shocked when the test comes back positive! That's when the 'I didn't realise' whinging starts! like the idiot on This Morning! I don't abide that at all.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

"How about look after yourself, and leave others to there choices/preferences.

Yup!!

Don't make such a big thing of it so people still show that they do it then you can make an informed decision on whether to meet them or not. The more people slate, ridicule, hound the barebackers the more under ground it will go and you will never know who does it or not.

The only persons sexual health you can control is your own. "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Well even tho its ur shoice not to have it, u seem to have many opinions of those that likes it.. as you say personal choice

You do what you want in your life and put yourself at risk if you choose too but don't be putting others at risk is all I'm saying! Yes I definitely think barebacking is dangerous reckless foolish behaviour but if you want to do it go ahead nobody's stopping you! "

But by not having a flu vaccination despite the fact that you get flu almost ever year aren't you putting people at risk? Or would you say that it is up to other people to get vaccinated to protect themselves from the possibility of catching flu from you?

Merseyside

"Well even tho its ur shoice not to have it, u seem to have many opinions of those that likes it.. as you say personal choice

You do what you want in your life and put yourself at risk if you choose too but don't be putting others at risk is all I'm saying! Yes I definitely think barebacking is dangerous reckless foolish behaviour but if you want to do it go ahead nobody's stopping you!

But by not having a flu vaccination despite the fact that you get flu almost ever year aren't you putting people at risk? Or would you say that it is up to other people to get vaccinated to protect themselves from the possibility of catching flu from you?"

Are we going to generalise this to every infectious common disease in the country now? If so I really don't have time! I've made my point that HIV is no laughing matter and people should protect themselves against it.. If you want to get vaccinated against flu so you don't get it go ahead! Personally il take my chances because yes its only flu and I'm confident it's not going to kill me anytime soon! If someone is in a risk group I would recommend they get it just like my parents do.

I currently have a very bad cold. Can we get back on subject please and stop talking about what's flu and what's a cold and if either are worse than HIV

Merseyside

"I currently have a very bad cold. Can we get back on subject please and stop talking about what's flu and what's a cold and if either are worse than HIV "

More than happy to oblige!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But by not having a flu vaccination despite the fact that you get flu almost ever year aren't you putting people at risk? Or would you say that it is up to other people to get vaccinated to protect themselves from the possibility of catching flu from you?

Are we going to generalise this to every infectious common disease in the country now? If so I really don't have time! I've made my point that HIV is no laughing matter and people should protect themselves against it.. If you want to get vaccinated against flu so you don't get it go ahead! Personally il take my chances because yes its only flu and I'm confident it's not going to kill me anytime soon! If someone is in a risk group I would recommend they get it just like my parents do. "

You're missing my point. If you believe that other people should take responsibility for protecting themselves against a potentially fatal illness such as flu while you choose not to, why is it wrong for people to choose not to protect themselves against sexually transmitted diseases as long as other people do?

Merseyside

Are we going to generalise this to every infectious common disease in the country now? If so I really don't have time! I've made my point that HIV is no laughing matter and people should protect themselves against it.. If you want to get vaccinated against flu so you don't get it go ahead! Personally il take my chances because yes its only flu and I'm confident it's not going to kill me anytime soon! If someone is in a risk group I would recommend they get it just like my parents do.

You're missing my point. If you believe that other people should take responsibility for protecting themselves against a potentially fatal illness such as flu while you choose not to, why is it wrong for people to choose not to protect themselves against sexually transmitted diseases as long as other people do?"

I knew someone somewhere would turn this into a relentless arguement!

HIV has no correlation what so ever to Flu! They are completely different diseases altogether! If people want to have bareback then fine but they shouldn't cry to anyone if they end up with HIV! That is my point!

And no I'm not going to carry on discussing why HIV is different to Flu!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I know HIV and flu are different I'm really just trying to illustrate my point. I'll withdraw now since you seem to be getting rather impatient with me.

people just dont like to think about it, its too scarey.

You're missing my point. If you believe that other people should take responsibility for protecting themselves against a potentially fatal illness such as flu while you choose not to, why is it wrong for people to choose not to protect themselves against sexually transmitted diseases as long as other people do?

HIV has no correlation what so ever to Flu! They are completely different diseases altogether! If people want to have bareback then fine but they shouldn't cry to anyone if they end up with HIV! That is my point!

And no I'm not going to carry on discussing why HIV is different to Flu!"

I don't think anyone is saying HIV and the flu are related,

I think what they are saying is you can try and protect yourself from HIV and you can protect yourself from the flu!

Bareback is a personal choice, and I'm sure those that participate no the risks and would hope that they get checked regularly.

Bareback while playing for meets isn't for us.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I think there is a general point that, on this site in particular

That people tend to get quite hysterical about the risks of bare back sex, which are clearly very well documented, but are very laid back about other things that are statistically more likely to kill them eg smoking, catching flu, drinking or whatever

No clearly all of these things are different activities and as such can't be compared but it is the attitude to risk and how that differs between different activities that I think is the point being made

London

"I currently have a very bad cold. Can we get back on subject please and stop talking about what's flu and what's a cold and if either are worse than HIV "

I cant see what the problem is tbh if someone wants to play bareback let them if you dont like it dont meet them. If you realy think people tell the truth on here your a fool do you think anyone will tell you who they have been with then add into the mix the people that the other petsons been with you would spend the week trying to work it out. So my thought is if they want to play bb and you dont then its not going to happen walk away but it does nt give you the right to judge them. If your that worried bour sti wtf are you doing on a swing site.

Merseyside

"I cant see what the problem is tbh if someone wants to play bareback let them if you dont like it dont meet them. If you realy think people tell the truth on here your a fool do you think anyone will tell you who they have been with then add into the mix the people that the other petsons been with you would spend the week trying to work it out. So my thought is if they want to play bb and you dont then its not going to happen walk away but it does nt give you the right to judge them. If your that worried bour sti wtf are you doing on a swing site."

Sorry who are you aiming that at?

"I cant see what the problem is tbh if someone wants to play bareback let them if you dont like it dont meet them. If you realy think people tell the truth on here your a fool do you think anyone will tell you who they have been with then add into the mix the people that the other petsons been with you would spend the week trying to work it out. So my thought is if they want to play bb and you dont then its not going to happen walk away but it does nt give you the right to judge them. If your that worried bour sti wtf are you doing on a swing site.

Sorry who are you aiming that at?"

As they haven't quoted anyone, I would guess it's aimed at anyone that wants to read it and not aimed personally at one individual person.

Merseyside

"I cant see what the problem is tbh if someone wants to play bareback let them if you dont like it dont meet them. If you realy think people tell the truth on here your a fool do you think anyone will tell you who they have been with then add into the mix the people that the other petsons been with you would spend the week trying to work it out. So my thought is if they want to play bb and you dont then its not going to happen walk away but it does nt give you the right to judge them. If your that worried bour sti wtf are you doing on a swing site.

As they haven't quoted anyone, I would guess it's aimed at anyone that wants to read it and not aimed personally at one individual person. "

There's a lot of YOU's in there, seems aimed at a specific individual rather than a general group of either 'for or againsts!'

As they haven't quoted anyone, I would guess it's aimed at anyone that wants to read it and not aimed personally at one individual person.

There's a lot of YOU's in there, seems aimed at a specific individual rather than a general group of either 'for or againsts!' "

That's not the way we read it

Why would a right minded person accept to bareback. With all this diseases flying everyone. Attack me!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why would a right minded person accept to bareback. With all this diseases flying everyone. Attack me! "

why? You are asking the same question as the op

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Each to their own! As for me its NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! The last guy I met in a club who did not have condoms stayed hard and dry in the room

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have bareback sex a lot with my husband.

Merseyside

There's a lot of YOU's in there, seems aimed at a specific individual rather than a general group of either 'for or againsts!'

That's not the way we read it "

Is it not no! funny how peoples perceptions can be different because I've just read it again and I still think it does seemed aimed at a specific person with all the 'you' and 'yours' that have been used. strange little world isn't it!

[Removed by poster at 19/06/14 17:34:37]

"I have bareback sex a lot with my husband."

With your husband and not with a stranger. Most here is with strangers

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have bareback sex a lot with my husband.

With your husband and not with a stranger. Most here is with strangers"

I know I was attempting to lighten the mood a bit

"I have bareback sex a lot with my husband.

With your husband and not with a stranger. Most here is with strangers

I know I was attempting to lighten the mood a bit "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why would a right minded person accept to bareback. With all this diseases flying everyone. Attack me!

People shouldn't be allowed to use that word on here. A female friend on fabswinger contracted a disease through the same bareback thing .she had bareback sex with someone she met here."

People should be allowed to say that they practice sex without protection without being subject to this kind of reaction, it allows all of us to make up our minds whether to play with them or not knowing all the facts.

I'm sorry your friend contracted a sexually transmitted disease but you (one) can catch them even if you don't belong to a swinging web site.

A lady friend on fabswinger contracted a disease through the same bareback thing . Funny with a guy she met here.

"Why would a right minded person accept to bareback. With all this diseases flying everyone. Attack me!

People shouldn't be allowed to use that word on here. A female friend on fabswinger contracted a disease through the same bareback thing .she had bareback sex with someone she met here.

People should be allowed to say that they practice sex without protection without being subject to this kind of reaction, it allows all of us to make up our minds whether to play with them or not knowing all the facts.

I'm sorry your friend contracted a sexually transmitted disease but you (one) can catch them even if you don't belong to a swinging web site. "

I know but fortunately condom is my second name

Forum Mod

East Sussex

People shouldn't be allowed to use that word on here. A female friend on fabswinger contracted a disease through the same bareback thing .she had bareback sex with someone she met here.

I'm sorry your friend contracted a sexually transmitted disease but you (one) can catch them even if you don't belong to a swinging web site.

I know but fortunately condom is my second name "

is it!? How unusual is your first name extra large

I know but fortunately condom is my second name

is it!? How unusual is your first name extra large"

Lol you can call me extra large.i will answer

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I know people talk about 'personal preference' but I will never, ever, ever, ever understand why any intelligent and informed adult would take such a risk with random strangers.

It always makes me go ...

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

"Why would a right minded person accept to bareback. With all this diseases flying everyone. Attack me! "

The same as why I can't understand why any smokes either, people do silly things isn't that the nature of humans!

490 deaths in 2012 of aids Reported Road deaths in Great Britain, 2012

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"490 deaths in 2012 of aids Reported Road deaths in Great Britain, 2012

1,754"

it does put it into perspective but I would still rather not be involved with either.

1,754"

Its not about dying though is it because people who get HIV dont die from it now, they do get ill and have to take tablets for the rest of their lives.

The same as why I can't understand why any smokes either, people do silly things isn't that the nature of humans!"

good point. I bet more people die from smoking related diseases than sti related ..... People take risks. It's human nature. It's up to us all to decide our own level of personal risk that is acceptable and let everyone else live their own lives the way they want to.

The same as why I can't understand why any smokes either, people do silly things isn't that the nature of humans!

good point. I bet more people die from smoking related diseases than sti related ..... People take risks. It's human nature. It's up to us all to decide our own level of personal risk that is acceptable and let everyone else live their own lives the way they want to. "

Yes smokers can get lung cancer but they dont pass it on to anyone else do they. Thats the difference.

good point. I bet more people die from smoking related diseases than sti related ..... People take risks. It's human nature. It's up to us all to decide our own level of personal risk that is acceptable and let everyone else live their own lives the way they want to.

Yes smokers can get lung cancer but they dont pass it on to anyone else do they. Thats the difference."

They only pass sti's on to those willing to take the risk. .. What about passive smokers?....I'm not advocating bare back btw but I do think that some people like to tell others how to live

Yes smokers can get lung cancer but they dont pass it on to anyone else do they. Thats the difference.

They only pass sti's on to those willing to take the risk. .. What about passive smokers?....I'm not advocating bare back btw but I do think that some people like to tell others how to live"

Passive smoking is no where near as risky. Its not just people willing to take the risk though is it, somebody may not bother using a condom by tricking somebody, the condom could come off and some people are high risk as you know.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

They only pass sti's on to those willing to take the risk. .. What about passive smokers?....I'm not advocating bare back btw but I do think that some people like to tell others how to live"

I think most of the problem is because it is transmitted sexually, people seem to have no problem with taking risks with diseases that aren't transmitted that way and seem to take no precautions against being infected but have a huge problem with people who choose not to protect themselves against stis.

I hate to go back to my flu vaccination analogy but no one would dream of castigating people who choose not to vaccinate so why castigate people who are honest about barebacking, they are protecting other people by letting them know.

People have been getting flu for years, its not very often people die from it.

"People have been getting flu for years, its not very often people die from it.

"

Really in 1918 the estimated deaths from the influenza pandemic was between 20-40 million worldwide

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Really in 1918 the estimated deaths from the influenza pandemic was between 20-40 million worldwide "

I think there's still a widespread misunderstanding of what flu actually is. I've had it and I NEVER want to have it again.

Its not about dying though is it because people who get HIV dont die from it now, they do get ill and have to take tablets for the rest of their lives."

And they sleep with you bareback and pass it over(I don't mean you you ))

Really in 1918 the estimated deaths from the influenza pandemic was between 20-40 million worldwide "

Thats was in 1918 though lots of people died from things they dont now.

iv had flu lots of times.

Really in 1918 the estimated deaths from the influenza pandemic was between 20-40 million worldwide

I think there's still a widespread misunderstanding of what flu actually is. I've had it and I NEVER want to have it again."

Its not all that pleasant but no where near as bad as HIV.

And no I'm not going to carry on discussing why HIV is different to Flu!"

HIV is caused by a virus that affects humans. Flu is caused by a virus that affects humans.

Same basic thing but different result.

The start of this was suggesting that if we wear condoms to stop chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, and of course aids, etc etc then why not masks and gloves for flu? Let us face it, chlamydia is far less of a disease than flu.

We still seem however to be focussed on the social unacceptability of sexually transmitted diseases and not on the issue of disease prevention in our normal life as we do in our sex life.

Please kindly stop justifying this bareback. No one is happy to contract any disease whether flu etc. never seen anyone jump into fire on purpose.

"Please kindly stop justifying this bareback. No one is happy to contract any disease whether flu etc. never seen anyone jump into fire on purpose."

No we wont, each to their own, may it never stop

Never done bareback, would love to try it tho

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Please kindly stop justifying this bareback. No one is happy to contract any disease whether flu etc. never seen anyone jump into fire on purpose."

no one is justifying it but people will do it and I would much rather know if they do then I can avoid them.

its quite scary realy, so many people on here are in denial.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"its quite scary realy, so many people on here are in denial."

about what?

"its quite scary realy, so many people on here are in denial.

about what?"

About the risks of catching HIV and how bad it is.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

about what?

About the risks of catching HIV and how bad it is."

I do think a lot of people feel like it will never happen to them

about what?

About the risks of catching HIV and how bad it is."

They will end up blaming the NHS !

about what?

They will end up blaming the NHS ! "

Nobody is in denial...just trying to get some perspective......as long as you do what you can to protect yourself why worry about what others may or may not do?

about what?

Nobody is in denial...just trying to get some perspective......as long as you do what you can to protect yourself why worry about what others may or may not do?"

Because there are so many people who take risks, the people you meet may practice safe sex but what about the others they have met.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

about what?

Nobody is in denial...just trying to get some perspective......as long as you do what you can to protect yourself why worry about what others may or may not do?

Because there are so many people who take risks, the people you meet may practice safe sex but what about the others they have met."

But its a risk you're prepared to take?

about what?

Because there are so many people who take risks, the people you meet may practice safe sex but what about the others they have met."

Exactly!

about what?

exactly. You never know what people have been exposed to and you can't do anything about that other than to protect yourself as best you can and get tested regularly. Thats a risk we all must accept otherwise we wouldn't have sex with strangers met on the internet, surely?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Thats was in 1918 though lots of people died from things they dont now.

iv had flu lots of times. "

I've had it three times. Different strains. The second time I was hospitalised. Each time I was very very ill. The first time the doctor came out to me twice. I couldn't lie down as I couldn't breathe so had to sleep sitting up for three weeks.

Flu is not a bad cold. I've had loads of those. And whilst a cold can make you feel pretty ill, it is absolutely nothing like flu and not deadly. Flu kills hundreds of thousands across the world to this day.

Likewise, HIV can be a killer. And it is easily communicated amongst those who are promiscuous and have 'risky' sex, as I and many do on here.

Then there's herpes. Not life threatening but incurable and thoroughly unpleasant.

Gonnorhea is now becoming antibiotic resistant.

Syphilis can kill if not treated in the early stages.

Chlamydia causes infertility.

Cervical cancer can be caused as a result of unprotected sex - another killer.

Etc, etc.

Bareback sex is like using the sword of Damocles as a tennis ball. (Mixed metaphor I know).

about what?

Because there are so many people who take risks, the people you meet may practice safe sex but what about the others they have met.

But its a risk you're prepared to take?"

No thats why i dont meet as many people as i would like too, i wonder, is it worth it. You take a few risks and you are lucky, but you may not always be.