FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Double Standards

Double Standards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know a lot of women and couples, when being messaged hate one liners or uninteresting messages like "how are you"

But, as a guy, the same applies for me also and I'm sure for other guys as well. If your profile states you don't like one liners but your message to me was a one liner then isn't that a little hypocritical?

I'm not asking for an essay. But if we have to make the effort then shouldn't you have to as well?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

preparing for messages regarding the maale to female ratio and the like :P

"I know a lot of women and couples, when being messaged hate one liners or uninteresting messages like "how are you"

But, as a guy, the same applies for me also and I'm sure for other guys as well. If your profile states you don't like one liners but your message to me was a one liner then isn't that a little hypocritical?

I'm not asking for an essay. But if we have to make the effort then shouldn't you have to as well?"

Lol if I get a one liner, I become a one liner, all gets boring then, and bugger off

Her

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

when I message I do put in some effort, altho i do also admit, I am awful at first messages as I can only ever remember the truly appalling ones when it comes to inspiration, I seem to develop a mental block.

"Lol if I get a one liner, I become a one liner, all gets boring then, and bugger off

Her"

Interesting tactic. I may try that

[Removed by poster at 13/06/14 23:28:04]

"Lol if I get a one liner, I become a one liner, all gets boring then, and bugger off

Her

Interesting tactic. I may try that "

see a one liner...shoot

Her

"when I message I do put in some effort, altho i do also admit, I am awful at first messages as I can only ever remember the truly appalling ones when it comes to inspiration, I seem to develop a mental block."

Me too. The first message is always tough.

"I know a lot of women and couples, when being messaged hate one liners or uninteresting messages like "how are you"

I'm not asking for an essay. But if we have to make the effort then shouldn't you have to as well?"

Here here , bone idle fems!!

I agree it's hypocritical however I honestly don't see the need for long over informative opening messages. A quick hello with photos attached is far better than lines of drivel with no photos attached

This is right up there with the women who will 'DELETE ANY MESSAGE WITHOUT A FACE PIC' yet message you asking for one!

I keep it awkward with awkward types

Remember.. women don't need to make an effort to get a shag.. most men r happy with receiving fancy a shag today msgs.. whilst there are less women, men need to send highly aproprite long intro msgs acording to the womans profile lol.

[Removed by poster at 13/06/14 23:34:31]

Enthusiasm never goes a miss

Her

Before I really put myself in it, I didn't start this thread to put a divide between "us" and "them"

And it certainly doesn't apply to a lot of people here.

It was more of an observation. I still love you all

"Before I really put myself in it, I didn't start this thread to put a divide between "us" and "them"

And it certainly doesn't apply to a lot of people here.

It was more of an observation. I still love you all "

Good man

Her

"This is right up there with the women who will 'DELETE ANY MESSAGE WITHOUT A FACE PIC' yet message you asking for one!

I keep it awkward with awkward types "

Let's play....now you have hit the spot...it's up there also with the girls that will only reply if you send a face pic....yet they don't have any pics on their profile........it's also similar to girls whose preferences you match completely....and they don't even read your message.........girls that say they are gym fit but really mean they just about fit in the gym......girls that say on there profile they are 29 or 39 but.....(I really am pissing myself laughing writing this...lol) but they are blatantly at least ten years older than they say they are, what's the point......women who's profile picture is a close up pic of their hairy spotty fanny with a bottle hanging out.....lol

"This is right up there with the women who will 'DELETE ANY MESSAGE WITHOUT A FACE PIC' yet message you asking for one!

Let's play....now you have hit the spot...it's up there also with the girls that will only reply if you send a face pic....yet they don't have any pics on their profile........it's also similar to girls whose preferences you match completely....and they don't even read your message.........girls that say they are gym fit but really mean they just about fit in the gym......girls that say on there profile they are 29 or 39 but.....(I really am pissing myself laughing writing this...lol) but they are blatantly at least ten years older than they say they are, what's the point......women who's profile picture is a close up pic of their hairy spotty fanny with a bottle hanging out.....lol

"

what no tizer?

"

This too lol

AND i'm not too concerned about a divide between 'me' and 'thems'

Since this thread was started I got in a pretty involved conversation which I started... with a one-liner! Though to be fair it wasn't "how YOU doing"

It's not the one-liner that is the problem, it's that people don't have much to say. A lot of these messages come from bland and/or pictureless profiles. A man who is charmless is a nuisance probably gracing many people's block list. Couples and women can afford to be charmless - but it does not make them any more appealing. Personally I believe everybody deserves to be enticed! Is no fun otherwise.

" Personally I believe everybody deserves to be enticed! "

This.

" Personally I believe everybody deserves to be enticed!

This."

Mmm, being seduced by a woman

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

If someone sends me a "hi" then I say the same back, I have only sent a few messages to begin a conversation and they were usually complimenting on pics or something from the forum

See I'm not bothered about long opening messages, a first message brings my attention to the profile first, and any pics if they have sent them. If profile and pics appeal then conversation will follow (provided my pics appeal to them too)... If that is just one liners with no effort then I'll give up

"Since this thread was started I got in a pretty involved conversation which I started... with a one-liner! Though to be fair it wasn't "how YOU doing"

It's not the one-liner that is the problem, it's that people don't have much to say. A lot of these messages come from bland and/or pictureless profiles. A man who is charmless is a nuisance probably gracing many people's block list. Couples and women can afford to be charmless - but it does not make them any more appealing. Personally I believe everybody deserves to be enticed! Is no fun otherwise."

I wouldn't say charmless, just a bit lazier in their approach. This is just down to trends of the site. Any interest that most single males receive, no matter how flat, is greeted with enthusiasm because direct approaches seem rare.

i dont like sending long messages because im not usualy that enthusiastic about meeting anyone, i just tell them its all on my profile only now i have deleted some of it.

I don't mind a one line message to start things off. But if it does not turn into a normal conversation I get bored and look elsewhere.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

A male sending,fancy a shag,

Likely to be deleted unread.

A female sending,fancy a shag.

More often than not,

She's getting shagged.

How many words matters not,

Successful outcomes,

is what it's all about.

"I don't mind a one line message to start things off. But if it does not turn into a normal conversation I get bored and look elsewhere."

Just as well really

thing is one liners bring out the devil in me and i will play up

" Personally I believe everybody deserves to be enticed!

This."

Same could be said for PM's. You ask a question or respond th theirs and all you get back is a YES. MMM. Yep and half the time they have instigated the chat

I don't see the big deal with a one line message as long as it isn't fancy a shag or something silly.

I see (hi how are you two) as just a way to break the ice & start a Conversation

Unless you have something in particular on your profile that warrants a mention

I don't get none so not bothered

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Do any men use the couple/single female tactic of saying in the written part of profile use the word "*******" in the subject line of your message so i know you've read my profile or you won't get a reply.

"I don't get none so not bothered "

Same here, though i think i am getting choosy in my old adage, fuck knows why i see some right mingers and think HTF have they got so much feedback, then i see who they have met then think to myself maybe i would get more if i lowered my standards

I think I might search for someone way above my punching weight and send him a hi. See how I do

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"See I'm not bothered about long opening messages, a first message brings my attention to the profile first, and any pics if they have sent them. If profile and pics appeal then conversation will follow (provided my pics appeal to them too)... If that is just one liners with no effort then I'll give up"

Quite. Although I have noticed a few profiles with very little information that demand that you write something interesting...based on what exactly?

Likewise when people put on their profiles something like "thank you for reading this" and then don't bother to read yours before they make contact

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes I would say it is....

It's not that hard to pick something out that interests you in a profile and write a few lines.

We won't reply to any one liners whether it's from a couple, single man or woman.

"I think I might search for someone way above my punching weight and send him a hi. See how I do "

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

I get the occaisional 1 liner.

But the mixture of shock and awe at actually getting a message means I read it 20-30times ro confirm it really happened.

So more like an essay in real terms then

Ive sent 1 liners , ive sent indepth msg, sent pics with all of them and had them all deleted , so my way of thinking is, 1 im a boring twat or 2 im an ugly twat. But i dont mind its all the fun of the chase

The first message hardly ever works I get better results at socials then on fabs I still try but i only use fabs for the forum and keeping in touch.with old playmates. My sense of humour and personality isn't easy to express in words I do much better in face to face meets.

"preparing for messages regarding the maale to female ratio and the like :P"

it equates directly to the shag to winge ratio

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Bloody tories harp on and on about the need for austerity and how we should all tighten our belts but don't bat an eyelid when the queen is driven around in a gas-guzzling Bentley with a flag on each side of the bonnet... double standards, I call it!

"The first message hardly ever works I get better results at socials then on fabs I still try but i only use fabs for the forum and keeping in touch.with old playmates. My sense of humour and personality isn't easy to express in words I do much better in face to face meets."
ditto

By *appyhouragainMan  over a year ago

Manchester

what no tizer? "

you can tell it's Tizer when your eyes are shut....

there's one for the teenagers

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Bloody tories harp on and on about the need for austerity and how we should all tighten our belts but don't bat an eyelid when the queen is driven around in a gas-guzzling Bentley with a flag on each side of the bonnet... double standards, I call it!

"

The Labour ex deputy Prime Minister Old John Prescott was nicknamed "Two Jags" for a reason you know........its because he had errr two gas guzzling Jaguars.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Bloody tories harp on and on about the need for austerity and how we should all tighten our belts but don't bat an eyelid when the queen is driven around in a gas-guzzling Bentley with a flag on each side of the bonnet... double standards, I call it!

The Labour ex deputy Prime Minister Old John Prescott was nicknamed "Two Jags" for a reason you know........its because he had errr two gas guzzling Jaguars."

If he had a flag on each one then that would be double standards too.

Her

Interesting tactic. I may try that "

Works for me .. but I can seldom be bothered to put that much effort in when I get a random "hey uok" from someone I have never interacted with.

By *uslaffMan  over a year ago

manchester

"I think I might search for someone way above my punching weight and send him a hi. See how I do "

I'm still waiting !

» Add a new message to this topic