FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Winks!!

Winks!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's the purpose of a wink??? Is it someone saying they're read your profile??? Are you supposed to respond to a wink lol??? X x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i suppose it comes down to an attempt to attract your attention, sometimes it works, most times id doesn't.

By *oom18Couple  over a year ago

Rotherham

we use winks to say "we like your profile check ours out and get back to us". Quicker than a direct msg.

Thanks guys appreciate your answers x x

By *achinery of JoyMan  over a year ago

Llanybydder and Milton Keynes

A lot of people (probably most, from reading profiles) hate the things and consider them lazy and not worth responding to - after all, the reasoning goes, if you can't be bothered to actually write to me, why should I bother actually responding?

However, there is the other side that put in their profile that if they wink it means they are interested and if you are too you should wink back, then correspondence can start. That seems perfectly sensible.

But the majority are the former.

"A lot of people (probably most, from reading profiles) hate the things and consider them lazy and not worth responding to - after all, the reasoning goes, if you can't be bothered to actually write to me, why should I bother actually responding?

However, there is the other side that put in their profile that if they wink it means they are interested and if you are too you should wink back, then correspondence can start. That seems perfectly sensible.

But the majority are the former.

"

Thank you x x

"What's the purpose of a wink??? Is it someone saying they're read your profile??? Are you supposed to respond to a wink lol??? X x "

=========================================

For me, its the electronic version of a smile that you give to someone who you fancy. So, when I wink a profile, it means I'm interested. As for responding, well I'd suggest looking at the profile, and if you like it, wink back. And have fun. May the summer never end

"we use winks to say "we like your profile check ours out and get back to us". Quicker than a direct msg."

There's just one problem with the attitude on here of "if you can't be bothered to write, we can't be bothered to respond".

You sit down, take the time to think about what to write, then you make the effort to write & send it, then you get nothing back anyway, nothing, zilch, zero, nadder. Not even a thanks but no thanks. Why write the message in the 1st place. Lots & lots of threads on here about people fed up with the ignorance.

A wink is a good way of getting the ball rolling i don't use them much if their profile doesn't mention a dislike for winking i will wink, if i'm winked and they are miles away or not my type then i just ignore.

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"There's just one problem with the attitude on here of "if you can't be bothered to write, we can't be bothered to respond".

You sit down, take the time to think about what to write, then you make the effort to write & send it, then you get nothing back anyway, nothing, zilch, zero, nadder. Not even a thanks but no thanks. Why write the message in the 1st place. Lots & lots of threads on here about people fed up with the ignorance."

Its not ignorance. Is a thanks but no thanks any better than a delete? The site FAQs clearly state that you shouldn't expect a reply. Surely a delete is better than a bugger off message?

I do try to reply, but when I am open to meets, I get hundreds of messages (not bragging, I know its because I'm female, not because I'm anything marvelous) and replying to them all is not possible - but the ones who take time to send a decent message that have read my profile, do get a response... sadly sometimes from there it reminds me why so many people do just delete. Begging, name calling and downright poor manners ensue from about 60% of no thanks replies in my experience.

I liked what someone said on another thread recently. A wink is like a smile on the street. I think of it like saying "I dont really expect a reply but I like what I see. If you also happen to like what you see let me know"

It's a nervous twitch. Stay away from winkers

» Add a new message to this topic