FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > No bi guy?

No bi guy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There seems to be a few profiles on here that specifically state 'no bi guys'. While I understand its everyone's choice and I respect that, just wondered as what is the actual reason? Do people think Julian Clarey or Dale Winton is going to rock up or something! Lol

Never see profiles with no bi women, funny that!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Don't worry about it. Read the profiles that want bi men.Every single person will have a different reason.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Don't worry about it. Read the profiles that want bi men.Every single person will have a different reason. "

Steve, you're not bi are you?

Brighton - even Hove!

"Don't worry about it. Read the profiles that want bi men.Every single person will have a different reason.

Steve, you're not bi are you?"

Not very often, actually

We have no interest in bi girls but don't say so on our profile. We hope pointing out that N is straight is enough to ensure there are no awkward moments.

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

" Do people think Julian Clarey or Dale Winton is going to rock up or something! Lol

"

Of course they don't how stupid of you.

I know girls that won't be with a bi guy because they don't like the idea of sucking or fucking a cock that has been inside another guy.

Straight guys generally clearly don't want to meet guys.

It's simple really not rocket science

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

" Do people think Julian Clarey or Dale Winton is going to rock up or something! Lol

I know girls that won't be with a bi guy because they don't like the idea of sucking or fucking a cock that has been inside another guy.

It's simple really not rocket science "

lol - very well put and is the case for us! Z

Too many people seem to focus on the why won't they a rather than the ones that will, if someone states they won't meet bi or married or Asian or bbw or over 50's ( the list goes on) then that's their choice and their right,

Focus on the people that WILL meet you and don't get hung up on the ones that won't

"Too many people seem to focus on the why won't they a rather than the ones that will, if someone states they won't meet bi or married or Asian or bbw or over 50's ( the list goes on) then that's their choice and their right,

Focus on the people that WILL meet you and don't get hung up on the ones that won't "

I won't meet Aquarians called Gerald, they give me the heebie jeebies.

im orally bi , and dont think there is any difference between my mouth/tongue than a ladies !!! Sauce for the goose n all that !!

But guys should be honest about their sexuality !! The out of so called straight guys mailing me is unreal !!

Also its entirely up o the various people who they meet ! There are plenty of bi fella/couples eventually you will get a meet chin up fella !!

Btw I've had no. Complaints and some fellas are better than some women sucking dick lmao.

And as for straight fellas thinking you wanna fuk them ,some actually do !! So its not really that stupid a comment,he was basically stating that if guy was straight he would respect that just worded it in a sarcastic manner

We are not interested in meeting bi guys. There are 2 reasons.

Firstly Mrs J is much more relaxed & confident when she feels she is the centre of attention. With a bi guy she would not feel that.

Secondly I am straight & I can assure you in does make a difference to me if a bi guy starts sucking my cock rather than a woman.

We were involved in a mmf in a club once when the other guy suddenly started sucking my cock without any warning. Mrs J burst out laughing at the look of shock on my face & my erection just vanished.

It was actually hugely embarrassing for all concerned & ruined the evening.

Each to their own but its simply not for us.

I'm sure bi guys do make a move sometimes where they shouldn't. I suspect that it's more likely to be the girls who assume it's ok to cop a feel or kiss a boob though. This has happened sooooo many times to us in clubs.

I assume all guys are straight until they say otherwise. I don't ask. If it's a straight night I just look at the ladies and as a couple, we choose guys N fancies playing with.

When we are playing I use urinal etiquette and only look at my own and my wife.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Exactly how I feel. Thank you!

Hi orally bi guy here & for the record I am just as happy playing straight as I am bi. Also most bi guys on this site have straight profiles (in our experience that is).

I fully understand it's individual choice but to think that you know all of a person's sexual history just because they call themselves straight is delusional. Many guys on here are down as straight but do meet men secretly. So the straight cock you're sucking/fucking may well have been with a guy previously!

By *otTheReal01Man  over a year ago

London

"I know girls that won't be with a bi guy because they don't like the idea of sucking or fucking a cock that has been inside another guy."

Yes, because they're biphobic to one degree or another.

The fact that they display this aspect of their personality does make filtering for people we don't want to meet easier for us non-straight guys.

Thank heavens for sensible ladies like you LG.

"I know girls that won't be with a bi guy because they don't like the idea of sucking or fucking a cock that has been inside another guy.

The fact that they display this aspect of their personality does make filtering for people we don't want to meet easier for us non-straight guys.

Thank heavens for sensible ladies like you LG. "

Why is it that people are labelled "biphobic" if they are not interested in playing with bi guys?

It is simply a matter of taste.

London

"Why is it that people are labelled "biphobic" if they are not interested in playing with bi guys?

It is simply a matter of taste.

"

A partial description of biphobia:

"Biphobia is aversion toward bisexuality and bisexual people as a social group or as individuals."

If "girls that won't be with a bi guy because they don't like the idea of sucking or fucking a cock that has been inside another guy" doesn't come under that description I don't know what does.

Sounds like an aversion to someone purely based on their sexuality to me.

Here we go again.

It's choice for us it's based on how we feel due to circumstance in our lives. Not aversion or a dislike. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to accuse us otherwise.

Play on player.

I guess I must be a really nasty extreme phobic person then as there are heaps of sexual practices I am simply not interested in.

"I'm sure bi guys do make a move sometimes where they shouldn't. I suspect that it's more likely to be the girls who assume it's ok to cop a feel or kiss a boob though. This has happened sooooo many times to us in clubs.

I assume all guys are straight until they say otherwise. I don't ask. If it's a straight night I just look at the ladies and as a couple, we choose guys N fancies playing with.

When we are playing I use urinal etiquette and only look at my own and my wife. "

There seems to be a theme of pushy bi women developing in some forum threads. Honest question from a bi-fem.... Are there really that many that push their luck?! That actually really annoys me. I'd be very upset/angry if a bloke tried tried his luck without asking/being invited...and tbh, even though I'm bi I'd be just as p***ed off if another woman did!

Just because I've put my preference as bi that doesn't mean I'm not picky! More often I'm straight I'm straight. It just so happens I fancy certain women and am confident having sex with those I do (hence not curious).

Sexual preferences on here always seem to open a can of worms. Communication before a meet is key. As others have commented many straight men on here are actually bi/curious.

London

"I guess I must be a really nasty extreme phobic person then as there are heaps of sexual practices I am simply not interested in."

It has nothing to do with sexual practices. You're comparing apples and oranges. It has to do with a person's sexuality being the reason someone has an aversion to you.

Not liking anal sex (an example of a sexual practise) has no bearing on sexuality, either yours or others'.

London

"It's choice for us it's based on how we feel due to circumstance in our lives. Not aversion or a dislike. "

I'd be genuinely interested to know what those circumstances are/were that informed your decision.

"Here we go again.

It's choice for us it's based on how we feel due to circumstance in our lives. Not aversion or a dislike. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to accuse us otherwise.

Play on player. "

London

"There seems to be a theme of pushy bi women developing in some forum threads. Honest question from a bi-fem.... Are there really that many that push their luck?!"

At clubs I'd say the guys doing inappropriate touching far outweigh the women but there does seem to be a very small minority of women that feel it's OK to cop an uninvited feel from men and women.

No offence but I believe it is you who is confusing two separate things.

The fact that we do not share the same sexual interests as a bi or gay guy does not mean we are homophobic or bi phobic.

We might thoroughly like the person in every other way but that does not mean we are interested in sharing our sex lives with him.

Not all of the guys who says they're straight on profile are actually straight, I get a lot of messages from guys saying they are straight on profile! I'm not even looking for guys I'm only orally bi, I had to block guys messaging me now because it's getting ridiculous.

Anyway don't get hung up on people don't want to meet bi guys just respect their wish and move on, there are others who do want to meet bi guys look for those.

The OP is seemingly obsessed with this subject matter. If you click on his green arrow and read his numerous posts on the thread 'are women turned on or turned off by bi guys' you'll soon realise you'll never win! Answer for everything.

"The OP is seemingly obsessed with this subject matter. If you click on his green arrow and read his numerous posts on the thread 'are women turned on or turned off by bi guys' you'll soon realise you'll never win! Answer for everything."

Are you sure you mean the OP

Sorry not the OP I meant NotTheReal1

Blaming the sunshine!!!!

"Sorry not the OP I meant NotTheReal1

Blaming the sunshine!!!! "

Lol that's what I thought ! X

Blaming the sunshine!!!!

Lol that's what I thought ! X"

Literally has fried my brain, think I need to go back inside!!!

"I'm sure bi guys do make a move sometimes where they shouldn't. I suspect that it's more likely to be the girls who assume it's ok to cop a feel or kiss a boob though. This has happened sooooo many times to us in clubs.

There seems to be a theme of pushy bi women developing in some forum threads. Honest question from a bi-fem.... Are there really that many that push their luck?! That actually really annoys me. I'd be very upset/angry if a bloke tried tried his luck without asking/being invited...and tbh, even though I'm bi I'd be just as p***ed off if another woman did!

Just because I've put my preference as bi that doesn't mean I'm not picky! More often I'm straight I'm straight. It just so happens I fancy certain women and am confident having sex with those I do (hence not curious).

Sexual preferences on here always seem to open a can of worms. Communication before a meet is key. As others have commented many straight men on here are actually bi/curious. "

Never had an issue on a meet. We always ensure everyone knows what the boundaries are.

It's the pile of bodies in clubs where hands wander. People are often surprised that N is 100% straight. I don't understand why.

By *indys loverCouple  over a year ago

Stratford on avon

Blaming the sunshine!!!!

Literally has fried my brain, think I need to go back inside!!!"

think I had better come over and rub in some sun cream

Blaming the sunshine!!!!

Literally has fried my brain, think I need to go back inside!!!

think I had better come over and rub in some sun cream "

Squirt it into each ear.

lol its not funnie at all, its easy.. men states bi cos if they didnt non of the males would never get a bj,, here it is.. women dont need to state anything bi or staraight, all they need is to open there legs lol.

lol read the question wrong... and yes its by personal choice.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

they think that whilst I am doing her doggy, I would be more concerned that the drapes were hanging squint....

that may be right

London

"The OP is seemingly obsessed with this subject matter. If you click on his green arrow and read his numerous posts on the thread 'are women turned on or turned off by bi guys' you'll soon realise you'll never win! Answer for everything."

Well, in that other thread there were lots of people calling me names and making illogical and unrelated comments. Very little in the way of informed, logical argument.

Perhaps I have an "answer for everything" because I'm right? If you don't think so make a sensible, logical argument to prove me wrong. Can't be that hard if I'm wrong surely?

Sexual preferences on here always seem to open a can of worms. Communication before a meet is key. As others have commented many straight men on here are actually bi/curious.

Never had an issue on a meet. We always ensure everyone knows what the boundaries are.

It's the pile of bodies in clubs where hands wander. People are often surprised that N is 100% straight. I don't understand why.

"

Flipping heck you can't win can you? In the non swinging world people are shocked if a woman admits to being bi, on here it's a shock if she's straight!

Tbh good on you N for sticking to your guns and not being one of those women who just licks pussy to put on a show!

I remember you from some of the other forums you have hijacked!

Try this!

I don't meet bi-men because far too many of them are like you, and I find your attitude, _iews and demeanour, objectionable.

London

"No offence but I believe it is you who is confusing two separate things.

The fact that we do not share the same sexual interests as a bi or gay guy does not mean we are homophobic or bi phobic.

We might thoroughly like the person in every other way but that does not mean we are interested in sharing our sex lives with him."

This has absolutely nothing to do with sharing sexual interests, why do you keep mentioning that?

Why would you even consider the fact that you might have the same sexual interests as someone of a different sexuality? That's just nonsensical. If you had to have exactly the same sexual interests as someone to sleep with them you'd never sleep with anyone...

So if you might like a Bi guy in every other way, what are your reasons for not wanting to share your sex life with him?

(assuming physical attraction etc)

To me that means you have an aversion to the person's sexuality. Hmm, I seem to remember reading somewhere that that is under the definition of being biphobic?

People don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that you don't need to be beating bi guys up in the street to be biphobic. It's not black and white. Like everything in life, there are degrees of it.

To use anti-semitism as an analogy on one end of the scale you might have people who wouldn't shop in Jewish businesses. At the other end of the scale you have people like Holocaust deniers.

But both are antisemitic.

London

"I remember you from some of the other forums you have hijacked!

Try this!

I don't meet bi-men because far too many of them are like you, and I find your attitude, _iews and demeanour, objectionable."

I haven't hijacked any threads. Those threads I posted in, like this one, were about bisexuality and attitudes to bisexual people. So nice of you to display your aggressive, nonobjective stance from the start. At least we know where we stand.

Superb generalisation there. So if you don't meet Bi men, how do you know "far too many" are like me? Have you done a survey?

And what exactly about my _iews, demeanor etc do you find objectionable? The fact I hold people accountable for their _iews? That I put forth logical arguments and back up what I say rather than just making generalisations and false accusations like yourself?

London

"It's the pile of bodies in clubs where hands wander. People are often surprised that N is 100% straight. I don't understand why. "

Presumably it's because of the prevalence of Bi women in the swinging scene? I don't know what the numbers are but it does seem that the bi women might well outnumber the straight ones on here?

Very graciously, you have rather made my point for me.

Tell me, can you remember the last time you were wrong? About anything I mean.

By *eicsbimaleMan  over a year ago

loughborough

Be what you are bi or str8 whats it matter, just meet people who are in similar position to yourself and have fun... stop taking it so serious

London

"Very graciously, you have rather made my point for me.

Tell me, can you remember the last time you were wrong? About anything I mean."

Oh, I see, you don't like intelligent, rational people who point out the fallacy and inaccuracy of the things you say. I get it now. I hear anti-intellectual snobbery is making a comeback.

I'm quite happy to be PROVEN wrong. Most people on here seem happier to throw insults rather than try to do so.

I stand by my claim not to be biphobic.

But I have to admit I am finding myself to be increasingly Notthereal01-phobic.

Thank goodness our paths will never cross.

In other words, you don't admit to EVER being wrong. Strange! Are you in politics

London

"In other words, you don't admit to EVER being wrong. Strange! Are you in politics "

If you'd bothered to read the other threads you falsely accused me of hijacking you'd have read that in one of them someone pointed out that I'd used a term incorrectly and I thanked them for picking me up on it. So we'll just chalk that up to another false accusation on your part shall we?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

For the life of me I don't understand why some people don't get over themselves, recognise they'll NEVER appeal to everyone and not expect others to justify their preferences!

I don't play with bi, married, young, old, short or black men as experience has shown those I've met don't fit my play needs. Guess which group mostly asks "why not?"

loughborough

"For the life of me I don't understand why some people don't get over themselves, recognise they'll NEVER appeal to everyone and not expect others to justify their preferences!

I don't play with bi, married, young, old, short or black men as experience has shown those I've met don't fit my play needs. Guess which group mostly asks "why not?" "

bi males that are full of themselves who think that women cant resist them

London

"I stand by my claim not to be biphobic.

But I have to admit I am finding myself to be increasingly Notthereal01-phobic.

Thank goodness our paths will never cross."

You can stand by your claim as much as you like but you seem unable to disprove the fact so your stance means nothing really, except for perhaps displaying a certain amount of denial.

And you never know, you might get the chance to be unable to put together a logical argument in person rather than just on a forum by accident one of these days.

Glenrothes

"I know girls that won't be with a bi guy because they don't like the idea of sucking or fucking a cock that has been inside another guy.

Thank heavens for sensible ladies like you LG. "

I get really annoyed when people tell me I am bi-phobic. I spoke to a gay friend of mine and asked him if I was bi/homophobic because I didn't want to be intimate with a guy who was bi/gay. He said absolutely not, it was to do with my sexual preference. He didn't class himself as hetrophobic just because he didn't want to be intimate with a female, it was just the way he was. Also, what I don't know won't hurt me. If I do know however, it turns me off, end of. I'm here for my fun and enjoyment.

Well considering the site this is. I think everybody has the right to choose who they want to have sex with. I don't think it's about judging others for their sexual orientation. It's more about personal preference. Nothing wrong with that at all. Different horses for different courses

London

"For the life of me I don't understand why some people don't get over themselves, recognise they'll NEVER appeal to everyone and not expect others to justify their preferences!

I don't play with bi, married, young, old, short or black men as experience has shown those I've met don't fit my play needs. Guess which group mostly asks "why not?" "

There are perfectly good, acceptable reasons for your choices apart from bi men. (although there are unacceptable reasons for one or two as well but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt)

I ask people why not because I'm interested in getting people to accept the fact that they are, to some extent, biphoic.

I don't want to appeal to biphobic people, why would I, or any bi person for that matter?

I fail to see how a bi male could "not fit your play needs" any more than a straight male? For your purposes they are the same thing surely?

loughborough

If not for real left this thread we may get some sensible response from both men and women bi and str8

London

"Well considering the site this is. I think everybody has the right to choose who they want to have sex with. I don't think it's about judging others for their sexual orientation. It's more about personal preference. Nothing wrong with that at all. Different horses for different courses"

It's not about sexual orientation. When it comes to a one on one meet with a single woman, for example, there is no difference between a straight man and a bi man. There is just the negative perception of bisexuality.

lol someone seems obsessed with this .

London

"If not for real left this thread we may get some sensible response from both men and women bi and str8"

Another random attack with nothing to back it up or no offering from you. How exactly is this contributing? At least try and make a case rather than juts wasting the limited post count on a thread...

Just as a pointer in logic, fact and debate.

You state an opinion........ie. soandso is biphobic. Now this can ONLY be an opinion, as to give the statement as a fact, you would actually have to BE soandso. Having stated this opinion, you then defend it as a given fact, simply refuting any and all atempts by anyone else to offer an alternate opinion. This does not validate your opinion, only direct evidence as opposed to ignorant protestation, can do that!

This alone, in your inability to distinguish fact from opinion (or fact from fancy if you prefer) makes you appear quite ignorant, which I'm sure is not your wish. Perhaps some research into the differences between fact and opinion could help your cause.

Again, all you are voicing are YOUR OPINIONS which cannot be substansiated on a forum such as this!

Not going too fast for you, am I?

London

"lol someone seems obsessed with this ."

Guilty as charged, although obsessed might be a little strong. Some people do actually feel strongly about negative attitudes towards bisexual people. Sorry if that offends anyone.

"lol someone seems obsessed with this .

Guilty as charged, although obsessed might be a little strong. Some people do actually feel strongly about negative attitudes towards bisexual people. Sorry if that offends anyone. "

YEs you are right there and no it dont offend me lol.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it all has a terrible undignified feel in these types of threads, there are people who won't meet me due to the fact I declare my bisexuality.

I have no desire to go any further in the discussion, I have so much more to do.

It would be wasted energy on both sides, life is too short.

London

"Just as a pointer in logic, fact and debate.

You state an opinion........ie. soandso is biphobic. Now this can ONLY be an opinion, as to give the statement as a fact, you would actually have to BE soandso. Having stated this opinion, you then defend it as a given fact, simply refuting any and all atempts by anyone else to offer an alternate opinion. This does not validate your opinion, only direct evidence as opposed to ignorant protestation, can do that!

This alone, in your inability to distinguish fact from opinion (or fact from fancy if you prefer) makes you appear quite ignorant, which I'm sure is not your wish. Perhaps some research into the differences between fact and opinion could help your cause.

Again, all you are voicing are YOUR OPINIONS which cannot be substansiated on a forum such as this!

"

I'm basing my assertions on the definition of homophobia/biphobia from various sources backed by confirmation of my assertions by a professional in the mental health sector and people's descriptions of their reasons for not meeting bi men. Nothing to do with my opinion.

If someone's attitude falls squarely in the definition of a term I think it's more than reasonable to apply that term to said person.

Also your initial statement is completely illogical. If I said to you, "Adolf Hitler is a Nazi" are you telling me that I would have to actually BE Adolf Hitler for that to be a fact?

London

"it all has a terrible undignified feel in these types of threads, there are people who won't meet me due to the fact I declare my bisexuality.

I have no desire to go any further in the discussion, I have so much more to do.

It would be wasted energy on both sides, life is too short."

I disagree. Life is NOT too short to bring to light negative attitudes in society and it is most certainly not wasted energy. But it's your decision if you want to ignore these sort of issues. There are plenty I ignore because I have no interest in them.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"it all has a terrible undignified feel in these types of threads, there are people who won't meet me due to the fact I declare my bisexuality.

It would be wasted energy on both sides, life is too short.

I disagree. Life is NOT too short to bring to light negative attitudes in society and it is most certainly not wasted energy. But it's your decision if you want to ignore these sort of issues. There are plenty I ignore because I have no interest in them."

good for you

loughborough

with luck he will fill the thread up with his self important rants very quickly, in the meantime I have sorted a meet out with a bi couple

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"with luck he will fill the thread up with his self important rants very quickly, in the meantime I have sorted a meet out with a bi couple "

enjoy

To answer the original question for some it might simply be risk aversion. Men that have sex with men have a significantly higher rate of std infections. To some people that is enough of reason to avoid bisexual men. Could also just be the male of the couple is uncomfortable knowing the other guy is bi sexual. Being uncomfortable in a sexual situation is a perfectly valid reason not to engage in it.

I don't play with bi, married, young, old, short or black men as experience has shown those I've met don't fit my play needs. Guess which group mostly asks "why not?"

There are perfectly good, acceptable reasons for your choices apart from bi men. (although there are unacceptable reasons for one or two as well but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt)

I ask people why not because I'm interested in getting people to accept the fact that they are, to some extent, biphoic.

I don't want to appeal to biphobic people, why would I, or any bi person for that matter?

I fail to see how a bi male could "not fit your play needs" any more than a straight male? For your purposes they are the same thing surely?"

She has very valid reasons why bi men don't fit her play needs. As do other people about why they won't play with bi men. There are specific differences between bi men and straight men.....

Crack on. Personally, I am perfectly happy to be seen as a homophobic heterophobic biphobic person in your eyes. As you are wrong.

"There seems to be a few profiles on here that specifically state 'no bi guys'. While I understand its everyone's choice and I respect that, just wondered as what is the actual reason? Do people think Julian Clarey or Dale Winton is going to rock up or something! Lol

Never see profiles with no bi women, funny that!"

Some profiles do state no bi women.

"Well considering the site this is. I think everybody has the right to choose who they want to have sex with. I don't think it's about judging others for their sexual orientation. It's more about personal preference. Nothing wrong with that at all. Different horses for different courses

It's not about sexual orientation. When it comes to a one on one meet with a single woman, for example, there is no difference between a straight man and a bi man. There is just the negative perception of bisexuality."

Well from a personal _iewpoint im not really bothered. For me it's about chemistry. My fb is bi. And as long as he enjoys, so do I

Glenrothes

"lol someone seems obsessed with this .

Guilty as charged, although obsessed might be a little strong. Some people do actually feel strongly about negative attitudes towards bisexual people. Sorry if that offends anyone. "

I fail to see why my sexual preferences makes what I say as being negative towards bisexual people. Also, why does someone's sexual preference, eg I don't want to meet bisexual men, get you so hot and bothered? There are a lot of women on the site who are perfectly happy to meet bisexual men, in fact, love it. It's all about what we enjoy, what makes us happy and comfortable. I would no more have a gang bang than I would meet a bisexual man. What does that say about me? It's just not my cup of tea. Why do some people feel the need to go on a one person mission to convert others to their cause and be rude and offensive to them because they are totally heterosexual.

Glenrothes

"I guess I must be a really nasty extreme phobic person then as there are heaps of sexual practices I am simply not interested in."

[Removed by poster at 21/05/14 17:48:01]

London

"To answer the original question for some it might simply be risk aversion. Men that have sex with men have a significantly higher rate of std infections. To some people that is enough of reason to avoid bisexual men. Could also just be the male of the couple is uncomfortable knowing the other guy is bi sexual. Being uncomfortable in a sexual situation is a perfectly valid reason not to engage in it."

It's the reason for being uncomfortable that's the issue.

"Just as a pointer in logic, fact and debate.

I'm basing my assertions on the definition of homophobia/biphobia from various sources backed by confirmation of my assertions by a professional in the mental health sector and people's descriptions of their reasons for not meeting bi men. Nothing to do with my opinion.

If someone's attitude falls squarely in the definition of a term I think it's more than reasonable to apply that term to said person.

Also your initial statement is completely illogical. If I said to you, "Adolf Hitler is a Nazi" are you telling me that I would have to actually BE Adolf Hitler for that to be a fact? "

OF COURSE you disagree hun. That is exactly my point. For the record Hitler was leader of the Nazi party and the Nazi party was proven to exist. By that, you can extrapolate that Hitler, was in fact, a Nazi. As a statement of fact. The instant your opinions can be substansiated by something similar.......like World opinion.......then your opinions will become fact. Until then hun, they remain your opinions only as hearsay is not evidence. You are just making noise but, hey, like a baby in it's pram, if it makes you happy! lol

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Crikey, I just go out with work for a few hours and miss all this. Is there a précis of it all anywhere?

"Crikey, I just go out with work for a few hours and miss all this. Is there a précis of it all anywhere? "

Bi man spits his dummy out because some people won't fuck him.

London

"She has very valid reasons why bi men don't fit her play needs. As do other people about why they won't play with bi men. There are specific differences between bi men and straight men.....

Crack on. Personally, I am perfectly happy to be seen as a homophobic heterophobic biphobic person in your eyes. As you are wrong. "

What are these "very valid reasons" then?

"specific differences between bi men and straight men" such as?

So you saying I'm wrong makes me wrong. No reasons? No argument? No facts?

loughborough

"Crikey, I just go out with work for a few hours and miss all this. Is there a précis of it all anywhere?

"

never thought of it that way lol but prob true

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Crikey, I just go out with work for a few hours and miss all this. Is there a précis of it all anywhere?

"

Thanks and I've been practicing my walk, btw

"To answer the original question for some it might simply be risk aversion. Men that have sex with men have a significantly higher rate of std infections. To some people that is enough of reason to avoid bisexual men. Could also just be the male of the couple is uncomfortable knowing the other guy is bi sexual. Being uncomfortable in a sexual situation is a perfectly valid reason not to engage in it.

It's the reason for being uncomfortable that's the issue."

I am uncomfortable with it and it is not an issue for me. If you don't like my preferences or comforts too bad. I am who I am and will only do what I am comfortable with. You telling me I am wrong will in no way change how I feel or what I will do.

London

"

Or the other version: "Woman completely fails to read the posts in the thread but still feels the need to comment."

"

Hahaha

Thanks and I've been practicing my walk, btw "

Aww I owe you a massive hug. xxxx I'll put a bag on my head so as not to offend you though. You know what a raving homophobe/ biphobe I am.

Titz Towers, North Notts

Thanks and I've been practicing my walk, btw

Aww I owe you a massive hug. xxxx I'll put a bag on my head so as not to offend you though. You know what a raving homophobe/ biphobe I am. "

I know how huggable you are

For all you guys.....some info.

I have a mate Sophie with whom I go drinking quite often. Sophie is an entertainer and is bloody hilarious to be with. We spend maybe 10 hours a week in each others company. I mates with lots of Sophies friends, but I sometimes get a bit left out when Sophie pulls! Any guy, or woman is fair game. The thing is Sophie built our extension, because during the day she is Eddie the very male builder!

I've known Sophie 25 years, we are good friends and he/she is very bi. I won't sleep with Sophie however because Eddie or Sophie do nothing for me sexually.

But I'm biphobic?

"She has very valid reasons why bi men don't fit her play needs. As do other people about why they won't play with bi men. There are specific differences between bi men and straight men.....

Crack on. Personally, I am perfectly happy to be seen as a homophobic heterophobic biphobic person in your eyes. As you are wrong.

So you saying I'm wrong makes me wrong. No reasons? No argument? No facts?"

Valid reasons why any person doesn't want to fuck another person - "because they don't want to".

Specific differences between bi and straight men - you really don't know? Take a guess.

You are wrong because I - and many other people in this thread that you have accused - am not homophobic, biphobic or any other phobic.

I very much respect your right to have an opinion. I also respect that your opinion is different to mine.

I don't have to explain or justify my opinion to anyone.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

That's not really fair. I don't see any dummy spitting. I see some calm and reasonable arguments.

I think there is something to talk about on this issue. Whether or not a man is bi or straight is irrelevant if he's having sex with a woman - unless there's inherently something off-putting about a bisexual male.

London

"OF COURSE you disagree hun. That is exactly my point. For the record Hitler was leader of the Nazi party and the Nazi party was proven to exist. By that, you can extrapolate that Hitler, was in fact, a Nazi. As a statement of fact. The instant your opinions can be substansiated by something similar.......like World opinion.......then your opinions will become fact. Until then hun, they remain your opinions only as hearsay is not evidence. You are just making noise but, hey, like a baby in it's pram, if it makes you happy! lol"

There is an (well more than one but they're generally similar) official definition of biphobia (a "world opinion" if you like). The reasons many people have themselves given for why they won't meet bi men fit that definition. Therefore they are biphobic. I don't know how I can make that any clearer for you...

No opinions involved.

Glenrothes

So you saying I'm wrong makes me wrong. No reasons? No argument? No facts?"

I won't answer for the other person but for me, I would not get intimate with a bi man knowing he had been intimate with another man. It does nothing for me, in fact, totally turns me off. However, a straight man, provided he fits my other requirements, would.

London

That's not really fair. I don't see any dummy spitting. I see some calm and reasonable arguments.

I think there is something to talk about on this issue. Whether or not a man is bi or straight is irrelevant if he's having sex with a woman - unless there's inherently something off-putting about a bisexual male."

Exactly my point.

See whatever, he just won't have it. Let him prattle on, God knows he's done it before.

Anyone for tea! LOL

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

do i just copy and paste the post I put in the "asian guy" thread... and just substitute the word "asian" for "bi".....

London

"do i just copy and paste the post I put in the "asian guy" thread... and just substitute the word "asian" for "bi"..... "

Well, not really. Asian people do look different from white people (for example).

So there is an aesthetic choice there and I don't think there's anything wrong with having a physical type.

If you have two guys who look pretty much the same, and the only reason you reject one is because he's bi, then there's something to discuss.

London

"I won't answer for the other person but for me, I would not get intimate with a bi man knowing he had been intimate with another man. It does nothing for me, in fact, totally turns me off. However, a straight man, provided he fits my other requirements, would."

So the thought of a man being with another man repels you. Have you looked up the definition of Biphobia lately?

Wikipedia on Biphobia.

"Biphobia is aversion toward bisexuality and bisexual people as a social group or as individuals. People of any sexual orientation can experience such feelings of aversion. Biphobia is a source of discrimination against bisexuals, and may be based on negative bisexual stereotypes or irrational fear."

But I interact with bi guys socially.

Sorry.......couldn't resist looking up the definition.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"do i just copy and paste the post I put in the "asian guy" thread... and just substitute the word "asian" for "bi".....

Well, not really. Asian people do look different from white people (for example).

So there is an aesthetic choice there and I don't think there's anything wrong with having a physical type.

If you have two guys who look pretty much the same, and the only reason you reject one is because he's bi, then there's something to discuss."

not really... a preference is a preference regardless of that "preference" actually is...... whether that preference is something visable or not.....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"do i just copy and paste the post I put in the "asian guy" thread... and just substitute the word "asian" for "bi".....

If you have two guys who look pretty much the same, and the only reason you reject one is because he's bi, then there's something to discuss.

not really... a preference is a preference regardless of that "preference" actually is...... whether that preference is something visable or not....."

and if you are saying a preference has to be visable to be valid... thats a dangerous line you are treading.....

London

not really... a preference is a preference regardless of that "preference" actually is...... whether that preference is something visable or not....."

That only works if you think any preference is totally fine.

Personally, if a preference is based on stereotypes and prejudice, I don't think that it is fine.

If you have two guys who look pretty much the same, and the only reason you reject one is because he's bi, then there's something to discuss."

Some preferences are ok. Other preferences are not ok. Got it.

London

"See whatever, he just won't have it. Let him prattle on, God knows he's done it before.

Anyone for tea! LOL"

You make illogical arguments that I point out the flaws in so then you fall back to the insults. Nice going.

London

Some preferences are ok. Other preferences are not ok. Got it. "

Well, you can't just say 'PREFERENCE!' and close down debate. Sorry.

London

Some preferences are ok. Other preferences are not ok. Got it. "

A breakthrough!!!! You've got it!

London

not really... a preference is a preference regardless of that "preference" actually is...... whether that preference is something visable or not.....

and if you are saying a preference has to be visable to be valid... thats a dangerous line you are treading....."

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the way someone looks and their personality is how we all make choices.

Other people are saying that a man being bi makes him inherently, instantly unattractive.

Why is that?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Personally, if a preference is based on stereotypes and prejudice, I don't think that it is fine."

but any preference is going to be individual to you.... do i get the right criticise yours??? because I am sure you have some preferences of your own in there somewhere...;-)

more to the point why waste time trying to convince people that are never going to be interested in you..... it is like a fixation on chasing the impossible rather than spend time on people who are actually going to like you

Glenrothes

"I won't answer for the other person but for me, I would not get intimate with a bi man knowing he had been intimate with another man. It does nothing for me, in fact, totally turns me off. However, a straight man, provided he fits my other requirements, would.

So the thought of a man being with another man repels you. Have you looked up the definition of Biphobia lately?"

You have already accused me of being homophobic in a previous post. And please do not put words in my mouth. I did not say it repelled me, I said it turned me off. Also, I didn't say the thought of a man being with another man repels me, what I said was that him then being with me turned me off. If it repelled me, I wouldn't speak to or interact with a hell of a lot of guys both at work and on here. A phobia would mean I couldn't interact in any way, shape or form with a bi/gay man. That just isn't the case. And once again, I would ask, why does it bother you so much that I and many other women, don't want to meet bisexual men?

By *icple123Couple  over a year ago

st albans

"We are not interested in meeting bi guys. There are 2 reasons.

Firstly Mrs J is much more relaxed & confident when she feels she is the centre of attention. With a bi guy she would not feel that.

Secondly I am straight & I can assure you in does make a difference to me if a bi guy starts sucking my cock rather than a woman.

We were involved in a mmf in a club once when the other guy suddenly started sucking my cock without any warning. Mrs J burst out laughing at the look of shock on my face & my erection just vanished.

It was actually hugely embarrassing for all concerned & ruined the evening.

Each to their own but its simply not for us."

Well that's just rude and inappropriate on any level. If you're with a couple where one or other is straight then you respect that.

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I like bi guys..... But I'm certainly put off by a certain bi guy......

Well, you can't just say 'PREFERENCE!' and close down debate. Sorry."

I just did.

London

"Wikipedia on Biphobia.

"Biphobia is aversion toward bisexuality and bisexual people as a social group or as individuals. People of any sexual orientation can experience such feelings of aversion. Biphobia is a source of discrimination against bisexuals, and may be based on negative bisexual stereotypes or irrational fear."

Sorry.......couldn't resist looking up the definition."

At least you finally looked it up. It helps to know what you're talking about when you try to argue a point.

And, as I stated before, (not that many people seem to bother reading all the posts in a thread), it's not black and white. Just because someone doesn't shoot bi people on sight doesn't mean that they can't be biphobic to some extent.

Glenrothes

"I like bi guys..... But I'm certainly put off by a certain bi guy...... "

Lol Cutie!

"Wikipedia on Biphobia.

At least you finally looked it up. It helps to know what you're talking about when you try to argue a point.

And, as I stated before, (not that many people seem to bother reading all the posts in a thread), it's not black and white. Just because someone doesn't shoot bi people on sight doesn't mean that they can't be biphobic to some extent."

Am I biphobic?

London

"

Personally, if a preference is based on stereotypes and prejudice, I don't think that it is fine.

but any preference is going to be individual to you.... do i get the right criticise yours??? because I am sure you have some preferences of your own in there somewhere...;-)

more to the point why waste time trying to convince people that are never going to be interested in you..... it is like a fixation on chasing the impossible rather than spend time on people who are actually going to like you"

You certainly do get to criticise preferences if, as stated above, they're based on stereotypes and prejudice.

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything apart from getting people to realise that their preference is biphobic.

London

"

more to the point why waste time trying to convince people that are never going to be interested in you..... it is like a fixation on chasing the impossible rather than spend time on people who are actually going to like you"

Believe it or not, I'm not really trying to criticise or change anyone's mind.

I'm more just sticking up for the idea that it's worth considering that lingering homophobic attitudes in society could be influencing people on this topic.

That is a very possible factor and just saying 'preference!' doesn't make it go away.

I know it's not always comfortable to talk about these issues but I think its important.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Too many people seem to focus on the why won't they a rather than the ones that will, if someone states they won't meet bi or married or Asian or bbw or over 50's ( the list goes on) then that's their choice and their right,

Focus on the people that WILL meet you and don't get hung up on the ones that won't "

this..

London

Well, you can't just say 'PREFERENCE!' and close down debate. Sorry.

I just did."

Oh good grief. Really? Shall I just reply with 'did not!' or do you have anything useful to add?

Glenrothes

"Wikipedia on Biphobia.

And, as I stated before, (not that many people seem to bother reading all the posts in a thread), it's not black and white. Just because someone doesn't shoot bi people on sight doesn't mean that they can't be biphobic to some extent.

Am I biphobic?"

If I refuse to meet bisexual men am I discriminating against them? I chose not to meet disabled men. Is that discrimination? Know what? I don't care. I don't want to knowingly meet bisexual men. I know of two men I had been seeing who then decided they were orally bi. That changed them in my eyes and was why I changed my profile to say I didn't want to meet bisexual men, because it turned me off them, knowing they had had oral sex with other guys.

London

Focus on the people that WILL meet you and don't get hung up on the ones that won't

this.."

You're both assuming that the only reason anyone wants to discuss this issue is to get more people to meet them.

I've never had sex with a guy so this is largely irrelevant for me. I just think it's an interesting topic that's worth discussing.

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm bisexual - somewhere on the sexual spectrum anyway and I don't mind in the slightest if people don't want to meet me because of that. Some do, some don't.....I don't look different to straight guys and don't act differently.

London

"Am I biphobic?"

Going by your statement that you're happy that I think you're biphobic I'd assume you don't meet bi guys? I'd have to know your reasons for that before making any comment.

London

"If I refuse to meet bisexual men am I discriminating against them? I chose not to meet disabled men. Is that discrimination? Know what? I don't care. I don't want to knowingly meet bisexual men. I know of two men I had been seeing who then decided they were orally bi. That changed them in my eyes and was why I changed my profile to say I didn't want to meet bisexual men, because it turned me off them, knowing they had had oral sex with other guys."

For people who apparently don't care whether they're biphobic or not, there sure are a lot of posts on this topic.

It's a nice evening and I'm off out. Keep saying PREFERENCE and everything will be fine, I'm sure...

Glenrothes

"

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything apart from getting people to realise that their preference is biphobic."

Does this mean then, that straight men are biphobic?

Glenrothes

"If I refuse to meet bisexual men am I discriminating against them? I chose not to meet disabled men. Is that discrimination? Know what? I don't care. I don't want to knowingly meet bisexual men. I know of two men I had been seeing who then decided they were orally bi. That changed them in my eyes and was why I changed my profile to say I didn't want to meet bisexual men, because it turned me off them, knowing they had had oral sex with other guys.

For people who apparently don't care whether they're biphobic or not, there sure are a lot of posts on this topic.

It's a nice evening and I'm off out. Keep saying PREFERENCE and everything will be fine, I'm sure..."

I don't care now after various posts on this thread and not getting a reply to a couple of points I raised. Getting totally fed up and if I could, I'd be off to the pub to sit in the last of the sunshine of today. I'll keep saying preference for the rest of the night! Enjoy!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

You certainly do get to criticise preferences if, as stated above, they're based on stereotypes and prejudice.

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything apart from getting people to realise that their preference is biphobic."

okay... now i am going to play devils advocate... I am going to enjoy the next couple of lines.....

so if i look at a persons profile.. and it were to state "no black guys".... do I spend my time in your words " getting people to realise that their preference is racist".

or should i just save myself an ulcer... and just move on to the next profile!

waaaaaiiiiit....... not finished yet!!! more devils advocate coming

iiif.... just as an example.... someone were to have an age range on ...ooooh.... let say... random numbers time.... 18 to 55 on there profile...

now... lets say I were above that age range,.. lets go with the flow now, just believe for a few seconds...

would I be right and fair to point on in your words... "getting people to realise that their preference is ageist".

or................................

"

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything apart from getting people to realise that their preference is biphobic.

Does this mean then, that straight men are biphobic?"

...And homophobic!

Glenrothes

"

...And homophobic! "

Forgot that one!

Let's be honest, there's no one on the planet that hasn't thought about it... is just like a bloke who says he never wanks lol. X

Glenrothes

"

okay... now i am going to play devils advocate... I am going to enjoy the next couple of lines.....

so if i look at a persons profile.. and it were to state "no black guys".... do I spend my time in your words " getting people to realise that their preference is racist".

iiif.... just as an example.... someone were to have an age range on ...ooooh.... let say... random numbers time.... 18 to 55 on there profile...

now... lets say I were above that age range,.. lets go with the flow now, just believe for a few seconds...

would I be right and fair to point on in your words... "getting people to realise that their preference is ageist".

"

I was going to say something very similar, but to be honest, have lost the will to live now! Well done that man. xxxx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Let's be honest, there's no one on the planet that hasn't thought about it... is just like a bloke who says he never wanks lol. X"

there are definitely men who have not thought about sex with other men...

they are straight.

"Am I biphobic?

Going by your statement that you're happy that I think you're biphobic I'd assume you don't meet bi guys? I'd have to know your reasons for that before making any comment."

I have turned down bi guys in the past, yes.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Let's be honest, there's no one on the planet that hasn't thought about it... is just like a bloke who says he never wanks lol. X

they are straight."

ps... real straight, not Fab straight

London

"I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything apart from getting people to realise that their preference is biphobic.

Does this mean then, that straight men are biphobic?"

No because that's to do with a person's sexual orientation. If, however, you won't meet a person who otherwise fits your sexual criteria (i.e. they're of a sex you would normally engage in sexual activity with) because of their sexuality then that's an issue.

Glenrothes

"I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything apart from getting people to realise that their preference is biphobic.

No because that's to do with a person's sexual orientation. If, however, you won't meet a person who otherwise fits your sexual criteria (i.e. they're of a sex you would normally engage in sexual activity with) because of their sexuality then that's an issue."

And I ask again, why is it such an issue for you? Does it really matter that I won't meet bisexual men?

London

"You certainly do get to criticise preferences if, as stated above, they're based on stereotypes and prejudice.

"

Your examples are not relevant. Not wanting to meet black people could be because of physical attraction.

The age ranges on people's profiles are a guideline range and don't have to be a fixed, hard limit. In my case for example people outside my age range can still message me so I can then make a decision based on physical attraction etc. I have no issue with the number of years someone has been on the planet but I find it's a rough guide to the chances of physical attraction being there. So no ageism there.

And with your last statement you've ignored what someone already pointed out to you a few posts above so I can't help you if you're just going to ignore stuff people write. Sorry.

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't play with bi, married, young, old, short or black men as experience has shown those I've met don't fit my play

needs. Guess which group mostly asks

"why not?" "

Short?

in Lancashire

this..

You're both assuming that the only reason anyone wants to discuss this issue is to get more people to meet them.

I've never had sex with a guy so this is largely irrelevant for me. I just think it's an interesting topic that's worth discussing."

That you have 'assumed that' from our post is a tad strange but hey ho..

FYI most topics are 'interesting' to some or lesser degree and can relate to your position on contributing to a topic that one may not have a specific interest in..

my position is life is too short and precious to worry about that which I am unable to influence or indeed have no interest in doing so..

given that worry is a negative energy, best to use it only when required for that which is relevant or important to oneself..

just an opinion..

London

No because that's to do with a person's sexual orientation. If, however, you won't meet a person who otherwise fits your sexual criteria (i.e. they're of a sex you would normally engage in sexual activity with) because of their sexuality then that's an issue.

And I ask again, why is it such an issue for you? Does it really matter that I won't meet bisexual men?"

It bothers me that people have varying degrees of intolerance towards some sexualities and that these are seen as acceptable in society.

in Lancashire

"Let's be honest, there's no one on the planet that hasn't thought about it... is just like a bloke who says he never wanks lol. X

they are straight."

agreed..

pretty sure before I/we expanded our interest that we had not done so before..

but it had crossed my mind..

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

they are straight.

agreed..

pretty sure before I/we expanded our interest that we had not done so before..

but it had crossed my mind..

"

that just made you Fab straight at the time...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Your examples are not relevant. Not wanting to meet black people could be because of physical attraction.

The age ranges on people's profiles are a guideline range and don't have to be a fixed, hard limit. In my case for example people outside my age range can still message me so I can then make a decision based on physical attraction etc. I have no issue with the number of years someone has been on the planet but I find it's a rough guide to the chances of physical attraction being there. So no ageism there.

And with your last statement you've ignored what someone already pointed out to you a few posts above so I can't help you if you're just going to ignore stuff people write. Sorry."

but they are relevant..... and thats the point you seem to miss... and you have just shown above

the point being they may not be relevant "to you" but there are relevant to the people who have them!!!!

you just dismissed some "preferences" whilst saying saying some "preferences" are more valid then others....

thats a mighty fine trick trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth with differing opinions at once.....

London

"my position is life is too short and precious to worry about that which I am unable to influence or indeed have no interest in doing so..

given that worry is a negative energy, best to use it only when required for that which is relevant or important to oneself..

just an opinion.. "

You're saying people should only put effort into addressing issues that are relevant to themselves?

So only bi people should care about biphobia?

Glenrothes

And I ask again, why is it such an issue for you? Does it really matter that I won't meet bisexual men?

It bothers me that people have varying degrees of intolerance towards some sexualities and that these are seen as acceptable in society."

So you are saying that I am intolerant and my behaviour is unacceptable because I won't have sex with a bisexual man?

It bothers me that people have varying degrees of intolerance towards some sexualities and that these are seen as acceptable in society."

If we admit to being bi phobic will you be happy? Or do we have to have sex with a bi guy to prove we are tolerant of bisexual men?

London

"Your examples are not relevant. Not wanting to meet black people could be because of physical attraction.

And with your last statement you've ignored what someone already pointed out to you a few posts above so I can't help you if you're just going to ignore stuff people write. Sorry.

but they are relevant..... and thats the point you seem to miss... and you have just shown above

the point being they may not be relevant "to you" but there are relevant to the people who have them!!!!

you just dismissed some "preferences" whilst saying saying some "preferences" are more valid then others....

thats a mighty fine trick trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth with differing opinions at once....."

Have you read nothing in this thread? It has been stated more than once that preferences are fine if they're not based on stereotypes or intolerance.

Not wanting to meet bi men because you exhibit a degree of aversion to the idea of male to male sexual contact is. Yes, some people have that "preference". And that's up to them. But it just happens to be a biphobic preference.

We dont meet bi men and you know what.......Just like Bi men/women, Just like Gay men/women, just like straight men/women we dont have to justify or explain our sexual preferences to anyone.

Thats the beauty of freedom of choice.

As for Bi-phobic or whatever the fashionable current phrase is....Pip absolutely insists NO BI MEN . Pip is bi.

Horses for courses- get on with it.

London

It bothers me that people have varying degrees of intolerance towards some sexualities and that these are seen as acceptable in society.

So you are saying that I am intolerant and my behaviour is unacceptable because I won't have sex with a bisexual man?"

Given your reasons for not doing so, and assuming that taking into account all other factors you would otherwise do so, then yes.

Glenrothes

The definition of intolerance is an unwillingness to accept _iews, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own. I don't believe I fit any part of that definition because I don't have any issue with a bisexual man's _iews, beliefs or behaviour. I accept their _iews, beliefs and behaviour, I just don't want to have sex with them. Does that make me intolerant?

London

If we admit to being bi phobic will you be happy? Or do we have to have sex with a bi guy to prove we are tolerant of bisexual men?"

I don't care if you do or don't have sex with bi men, I care about your reasons behind that decision.

Realising and admitting that your attitude is to some degree intolerant is a start.

"Wikipedia on Biphobia.

And, as I stated before, (not that many people seem to bother reading all the posts in a thread), it's not black and white. Just because someone doesn't shoot bi people on sight doesn't mean that they can't be biphobic to some extent."

Ah! So now I'm only biphobic "to an extent" because I don't quite fit the definition of biphobic that YOU keep quoting.

You are funny!

If you like, I'll round up some of my bi friends, and bring them to see you. How many do you think will want to play with you?

Bi guys have a different mind set sexually to say, a lesbian, or a straight woman, or guy or even a gay guy (I have quite a few of them as friends also but they won't sleep with me! Femphobic!) It just so happens that bi-guys don't do it for me sexually. I don't really know why, nor do I care.I tend not to arrange meets with ginger men OR women either as they do nothing for me.

You keep stating absolutes and you need to learn that the most common colour in the world is grey! It just isn't that cut and dried. If you don't learn, one fine day, you will defy the wrong person and pay the consequences, although I suspect that has already happened to you.

YOU ARE WRONG MATEY.......when the world says you're dead, better lay down. Peoples sexuality and the attractions they feel vary in millions of ways. You can't FORCE people to accept your rather restricted _iews.

London

"The definition of intolerance is an unwillingness to accept _iews, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own. I don't believe I fit any part of that definition because I don't have any issue with a bisexual man's _iews, beliefs or behaviour. I accept their _iews, beliefs and behaviour, I just don't want to have sex with them. Does that make me intolerant? "

You're right, perhaps intolerance is not the best choice of words as only the "behaviour" part applies in this situation. I shall refrain from using it further.

If we admit to being bi phobic will you be happy? Or do we have to have sex with a bi guy to prove we are tolerant of bisexual men?

I don't care if you do or don't have sex with bi men, I care about your reasons behind that decision.

Realising and admitting that your attitude is to some degree intolerant is a start."

in Lancashire

"my position is life is too short and precious to worry about that which I am unable to influence or indeed have no interest in doing so..

just an opinion..

You're saying people should only put effort into addressing issues that are relevant to themselves?

So only bi people should care about biphobia?"

no i'm saying that in real life there is not the energy nor time to concern oneself with every injustice, wrong or that's not fair..

however real they are or perceived to be so..

and i'm saying that as someone on here who has a history of opposing and speaking out against all discrimination as I have done before in real life and will continue to do so..

what i'm saying is not solely put effort into one aspect but concentrate ones energy and time into what you an actually change..

you nor I will never change on here peoples opinions, we may try to and that's laudable but in reality one just ends up in a fit of pique perhaps because life aint fair and no one said it would be so..

btw where are you on the indigenous people of Diego Garcia or that as we natter on here children are dying for a lack of clan water and or affordable preventable diseases..?

not being flippant just sometimes a bit of perspective is needed on the important thins..

just an opinion..

"Realising and admitting that your attitude is to some degree intolerant is a start."

Rearrange these......

POT BLACK KETTLE

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Have you read nothing in this thread? It has been stated more than once that preferences are fine if they're not based on stereotypes or intolerance.

Not wanting to meet bi men because you exhibit a degree of aversion to the idea of male to male sexual contact is. Yes, some people have that "preference". And that's up to them. But it just happens to be a biphobic preference."

oh i have read the thread... trust me....

what you are argueing is that you are allow to have a preference/filter based on for example.... age or race as you have said above

however... you are not allowed to have a preference based on sexuality... but apparently trumps everything, and should be pointed out!!!!!

and THAT is why I am pointing out that for all your bluster... aren't you the one being kinda hypocritical!!! aren't you in fact as bad as the people you see to be busting the chops of?

let me put it another way...

irony of the thread... busting the chops of people with one sort of preference whilst saying another sort is fine......

""Realising and admitting that your attitude is to some degree intolerant is a start."

Rearrange these......

POT BLACK KETTLE "

If someone doesn't want to meet me because they don't like the thought of two women having sex, that's fine by me. I respect their opinion/ wishes/ preferences.

"If someone doesn't want to meet me because they don't like the thought of two women having sex, that's fine by me. I respect their opinion/ wishes/ preferences."

No, no, they're femphobic!

"If someone doesn't want to meet me because they don't like the thought of two women having sex, that's fine by me. I respect their opinion/ wishes/ preferences.

No, no, they're femphobic! "

Biphobic. And intolerant.

London

"Wikipedia on Biphobia.

Ah! So now I'm only biphobic "to an extent" because I don't quite fit the definition of biphobic that YOU keep quoting.

You are funny!

If you like, I'll round up some of my bi friends, and bring them to see you. How many do you think will want to play with you?

Bi guys have a different mind set sexually to say, a lesbian, or a straight woman, or guy or even a gay guy (I have quite a few of them as friends also but they won't sleep with me! Femphobic!) It just so happens that bi-guys don't do it for me sexually. I don't really know why, nor do I care.I tend not to arrange meets with ginger men OR women either as they do nothing for me.

You keep stating absolutes and you need to learn that the most common colour in the world is grey! It just isn't that cut and dried. If you don't learn, one fine day, you will defy the wrong person and pay the consequences, although I suspect that has already happened to you.

YOU ARE WRONG MATEY.......when the world says you're dead, better lay down. Peoples sexuality and the attractions they feel vary in millions of ways. You can't FORCE people to accept your rather restricted _iews."

If you'd read my posts you'd realise that I have stated many times that there are degrees of biphobia, hence my reference of you being biphobic "to an extent". And why the "now I'm only..."? This is the first time I've said that. You seem to be inferring that I have changed my opinion when it is obviously not the case. You really do love those false accusations, don't you?

How does your bi friends wanting to play with me or not got anything to do with this?

You don't know why bi guys don't "do it for you sexually"? Are you really that self unaware? And I've lost count of how many times I've said that physical looks have nothing to do with this so your "ginger" analogy is completely irrelevant.

You say I keep stating absolutes when, as pointed out, I have been repeatedly stating that this is not black and white and that there are degrees. You accuse me of not using an absolute ("to an extent") then state that I use absolutes. Make up your mind. Which is it?

Ah, the old "some day someone will beat you up because of what you say" gambit. Always a winner.

And you can "shout" all you like, it doesn't make you any more right, especially when you can't provide a logical reason why.

NotTheReal01 you stick to your beliefs, I like that. Honestly I do.

I have enjoyed the banter. Hope you have a good night and it's sunny where you are. x

I really do give up! Ignorance and Intollerance cause so much pain in the world and you are full of both. I can't really tell you what I think of your attitude as the site rules won't allow it, but as you are into definitions, I have one for you.

Look up Bigot!

London

"

Not wanting to meet bi men because you exhibit a degree of aversion to the idea of male to male sexual contact is. Yes, some people have that "preference". And that's up to them. But it just happens to be a biphobic preference.

oh i have read the thread... trust me....

what you are argueing is that you are allow to have a preference/filter based on for example.... age or race as you have said above

however... you are not allowed to have a preference based on sexuality... but apparently trumps everything, and should be pointed out!!!!!

and THAT is why I am pointing out that for all your bluster... aren't you the one being kinda hypocritical!!! aren't you in fact as bad as the people you see to be busting the chops of?

let me put it another way...

irony of the thread... busting the chops of people with one sort of preference whilst saying another sort is fine......"

You are willfully misinterpreting what I wrote to prove your point. At no point did I say you should have preferences based on age or race.

What I did say is that physical preferences are fine. If a particular skin colour comes into it or the fact that you find wrinkly skin unattractive (e.g. a potential side effect of ageing) then fine. The person's race or number of years alive are not the issue.

(I will grant you that the skin colour vs race issue is a little tenuous but you brought that up not me)

And I'll say it yet again, a preference based purely on a potential partner's sexuality is a bad thing.

London

"NotTheReal01 you stick to your beliefs, I like that. Honestly I do.

I have enjoyed the banter. Hope you have a good night and it's sunny where you are. x"

You too.

loughborough

cant be many posts to go before its full and he can go and find another one to bugger up (pun intended) let everyone live to there _iews and all enjoy what they want to enjoy, its people that spout loads of words that actually say nothing that causes all the worlds problems

London

"I really do give up! Ignorance and Intollerance cause so much pain in the world and you are full of both. I can't really tell you what I think of your attitude as the site rules won't allow it, but as you are into definitions, I have one for you.

Look up Bigot!"

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that I'm ignorant. (well apart from needing a random insult to hurl). I will admit to being somewhat intolerant of biphobic people. I guess that makes me intolerant of intolerance?

(appologies, I had to break my promise not to use the word again, it was too good an opportunity)

I hate to tell you this but my _iews do not come under the definition of bigotry...

Perhaps it's you that should be looking up the word.

London

"cant be many posts to go before its full and he can go and find another one to bugger up (pun intended) let everyone live to there _iews and all enjoy what they want to enjoy, its people that spout loads of words that actually say nothing that causes all the worlds problems"

Ah, I see, so I've "buggered up" a thread where the OP asked about why people put "no Bi guys" on their profile by trying to rationally discuss why people put "no Bi guys" on their profiles. Of course, silly me.

And there's nothing like a bit of hyperbole to round of a series of inane and nonconstructive posts. Go you!

"

"

Aaaaah Fabio....the voice of reason in so many a forum

you just beat me to the age thing! Do don't want to fuck a man over the age of 50 or under the age of 21. That doesn't mean I'm scared of (phobic towards) my father, or of college students I mentor!

*sigh*

not everyone on this site is global-sexual or everyone here would fit everyone else's preferences. And whilst I'm sure a site wide orgy would be most entertaining (and keep the daily mail occupied for an entire week) that just isn't how this swinging malarkey works

Uh oh Pandora's box is open again

Glenrothes

"Uh oh Pandora's box is open again "

Instead of the naughty step, I've sent myself to phobic corner cos it appears that, as apparently discovered in a previous post, I'm homophobic and now biphobic. Wonder what I will discover I'm phobic of next?

Better than me! I have bi and gay male friends, but I don't want to sleep with them. Therefore I MUST be biphobic otherwise he who must be obeyed would be wrong!

Glenrothes

"Better than me! I have bi and gay male friends, but I don't want to sleep with them. Therefore I MUST be biphobic otherwise he who must be obeyed would be wrong!"

I understand that it's the reason why I won't have sex with bi or gay men that makes me phobic. It just doesn't turn me on. I will have to own up and say too that the thought of me having sex with a guy who has been with another guy does turn my stomach, but thats my issue. On saying that, I don't have a problem watching gay/bi porn !!!!

My God! You can't make choices about your own body like that! Perish the thought! lmao

Titz Towers, North Notts

Pops in with the last post, which is:

This was all in the best possible taste