FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Read & deleted without response

Read & deleted without response

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker lad OP   Man  over a year ago

Hinckley

It annoys me when I send a message and it gets read & deleted and there's no reply, I wait for a few days and then look them up and I block them! I find it easier to do this so I I've forgotten their profile or changed their picture I don't make the mistake of perusing their profile and trying to mssge them again

Only to get the "HOLD ON MATEY! YOU ALREADY TRIED TO CHAT TO THIS IGNORANT BLEEDER! Notification.

Does anyone else do this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

blocking to saving wasting time in the future is a wise one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"blocking to saving wasting time in the future is a wise one."

"blocking to saving wasting time in the future is a wise one."

True, what's more annoying is the messages that never get read, they can linger in people's inboxes for weeks

Oh oh oh dear

You need a thicker skin

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's a good idea.

But someone not replying to you doesn't make them ignorant. Women and couples can get dozens or even hundreds of messages on here and it's not fair to demand that they reply to every one of them.

I wouldn't worry about your sent messages, I just delete my sent messages as soon as I've sent them. I either get a reply or I don't, no bother really.

London

"blocking to saving wasting time in the future is a wise one.

True, what's more annoying is the messages that never get read, they can linger in people's inboxes for weeks "

Just don't look at your sent items. I never do. Nothing good can come of it - it doesn't help anything to know that your message has been read. Either someone will reply or they won't.

"It annoys me when I send a message and it gets read & deleted and there's no reply, I wait for a few days and then look them up and I block them! I find it easier to do this so I I've forgotten their profile or changed their picture I don't make the mistake of perusing their profile and trying to mssge them again

Only to get the "HOLD ON MATEY! YOU ALREADY TRIED TO CHAT TO THIS IGNORANT BLEEDER! Notification.

Does anyone else do this?"

It's not ignorance it's no interest. View it as them ridding themselves of the junkmail they did not solicit .

"It annoys me when I send a message and it gets read & deleted and there's no reply, I wait for a few days and then look them up and I block them! I find it easier to do this so I I've forgotten their profile or changed their picture I don't make the mistake of perusing their profile and trying to mssge them again

Isn't that part of the game? The fact you message someone doesn't mean that they have to reply.

By *arewithmeMan  over a year ago

Craven Arms

I haven't seen it in the rules that people HAVE to reply.....

Its the same as me choosing to answer my phone or not !!!!!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We use the private notes quite a lot too that helps, blocking is a good tool and one we find quite useful.

True, what's more annoying is the messages that never get read, they can linger in people's inboxes for weeks

Just don't look at your sent items. I never do. Nothing good can come of it - it doesn't help anything to know that your message has been read. Either someone will reply or they won't. "

I disagree, if someone had deleted my message I block them, no point in sending another, however if they hadn't read it then I won't

London

Sure, if you want to use the blocking tactic then that's a good idea.

I just mean it's not worth checking and checking and getting annoyed.

By *ubicinchMan  over a year ago

Gwynedd

It's not ignorance it's no interest. View it as them ridding themselves of the junkmail they did not solicit ."

they did solicit, because they put a profile up on here..

Gwynedd

Just don't look at your sent items. I never do. Nothing good can come of it - it doesn't help anything to know that your message has been read. Either someone will reply or they won't.

I disagree, if someone had deleted my message I block them, no point in sending another, however if they hadn't read it then I won't "

dont you find that can lead to some frustration after a while though? Sooner or later you have to conceed that your unread message must mean something, probably not what you wanted?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It must be disheartening to send messages that never get read or replied to it happens to us occasionally when we suggest a time and place for meeting (having agreed to do so) and the intended recipient has changed their mind. There is no alternative but to block and move on, while this might sound harsh what else are you going to do? Dwelling on it will make you unhappy and have no effect on them.

Firstly - chill - there is no rule that anyone has to reply to messages. Single women and couples get loads of messages - I have one friend who gets on average 30 a day. If she replied to all of them and it takes just one minute to reply to each that's three and half hours a week spent just saying no thanks. I think all of us can think of better things to do with that time.

Secondly - you do right to block to prevent yourself wasting your time and messaging them again. Again chill about the warning message.

It's not ignorance it's no interest. View it as them ridding themselves of the junkmail they did not solicit .they did solicit, because they put a profile up on here.."

Just as much as a house solicits junk mail by having a letterbox!

I do the same, if they ain't interested I just block so I dont message again....its not a worry, i'm just not their type is all.....don't get hung up over it fella....I ignore messages I'm not interested in, its just procedure on here it seems

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

It's good that you're using the block button to prevent you wasting your time in the future but why let it annoy you so much?

You're not OWED a reply. x

I get this as well read but no reply, but I'd worry about it just means that there not interested in me it takes all kinds you know

I disagree, if someone had deleted my message I block them, no point in sending another, however if they hadn't read it then I won't dont you find that can lead to some frustration after a while though? Sooner or later you have to conceed that your unread message must mean something, probably not what you wanted?"

True, I don't keep checking for weeks though

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

We try to reply unless it is an obvious "copy and paste" message but sometimes when we say no thanks we get more messages back asking why.

It's supposed to be fun so just enjoy !

By *ixmaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

The block is a good tactic but a lot of couples and women that sadly I get blown out by have some yummy pics which are worth perving over once in a while so I resist blocking them and just appreciate their pics thinking 'if only', lol

I get that all the time I msg ppl on here and don't get a msg back its like noone likes to communicate on here or it just me being to nice lol

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

"I get that all the time I msg ppl on here and don't get a msg back its like noone likes to communicate on here or it just me being to nice lol "

Or maybe they are inundated with dozens of other similar messages? x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I get that all the time I msg ppl on here and don't get a msg back its like noone likes to communicate on here or it just me being to nice lol "

It isn't that people don't like to communicate it's that communication implies interest which would lead to loads of threads entitled "why did they reply if they didn't want to meet me?".

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

We wonder how many of these post are made each year. Surely a search on the forum would have shown the OP countless threads about single men moaning about people not replying to them. It is always the same answer, it is not your right to get a repy.

If you're that sensitive maybe you are on the wrong site

Yep I block none replyers and people who say no thanks. Saves messaging them again by mistake

"I get that all the time I msg ppl on here and don't get a msg back its like noone likes to communicate on here or it just me being to nice lol

It isn't that people don't like to communicate it's that communication implies interest which would lead to loads of threads entitled "why did they reply if they didn't want to meet me?"."

Indeed, oh the irony! I'd much rather someone ignore and delete than start a conversation with them seemingly interested then they just stop messaging, block me or disappear off the site which has happened a few times. Its a no thanks with no time wasting.

Gwynedd

Blocking is a tricky option for me. I live in a very limited option rural location, so if I blocked every profile that ive tried over the past few months, because of no reply, then this would be a very lonely site for me lol.

So I leave them alone and hope that some time in future they may happen to take an interest. Other than that, I am waiting for newbie profiles to appear, and we know how that can be.

The funny one for me this week was I met a couple last year at my place and had such a great time as they said that they even put a pic of me playing with the wife on their profile. Months later I message them and they just deleted my messages . I set up a new profile and who messages me ? Lol sending pic of wife and asking for a face pic .I kindly told them who I was and I'm not interested and blocked them .

"I get that all the time I msg ppl on here and don't get a msg back its like noone likes to communicate on here or it just me being to nice lol

It isn't that people don't like to communicate it's that communication implies interest which would lead to loads of threads entitled "why did they reply if they didn't want to meet me?"."

Gwynedd

"The funny one for me this week was I met a couple last year at my place and had such a great time as they said that they even put a pic of me playing with the wife on their profile. Months later I message them and they just deleted my messages . I set up a new profile and who messages me ? Lol sending pic of wife and asking for a face pic .I kindly told them who I was and I'm not interested and blocked them . "
haha nice one!

Ok I get ur point that is true what ur all saying but I'm the type who likes to have a good chat and see if it leads to anything it not its cool

"The funny one for me this week was I met a couple last year at my place and had such a great time as they said that they even put a pic of me playing with the wife on their profile. Months later I message them and they just deleted my messages . I set up a new profile and who messages me ? Lol sending pic of wife and asking for a face pic .I kindly told them who I was and I'm not interested and blocked them . haha nice one!"

The bottom line is that it's not always personal, and often just a numbers game. Women on here are bombarded with hundreds of messages a day, or at least some of them are so you have to understand that and not take it too personally.

Plus, not everyone fancies everyone and given the above, do you really think women on here are going to go for you even if you're very good looking just because of that fact? There are so many men to choose from, that people can be very picky and why should they be anything less?

Seriously, even if you look like George Clooney, or Brad Pitt, or have a body like Arnie in his prime, it's still no guarantee because everybody has a type they go for. Being attractive is also a lot more than just looking good - I haven't read your profile, but exactly as with physical attraction, anyone with any self respect is also going to go for someone they find mentally attractive as well, so it's a real 'blend' issue as well.

Add all this to the giant-fat-lust-filled-wank-fest-pot that is this site, and you've got a really tricky situation on your hands. It's not as cut & dried as you think.

By *icoleDiamondsWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

In my case:

Get a message.

Reply to message saying, "Thanks but no thanks"

Get a message back, "why not?"

Reply giving a reason why not.

Another message back, this time hurling all kinds of abuse for the rejection.

Now imagine what happens when you get 50-60 messages a day.

Best to just not reply.

"In my case:

Get a message.

Best to just not reply."

Exactly. As per my previous post, too many messages from morons ruins the site for the rest of us who can A) take rejection, and B) write sensibly and respectfully without getting our knickers in a twist over it.

"The funny one for me this week was I met a couple last year at my place and had such a great time as they said that they even put a pic of me playing with the wife on their profile. Months later I message them and they just deleted my messages . I set up a new profile and who messages me ? Lol sending pic of wife and asking for a face pic .I kindly told them who I was and I'm not interested and blocked them . haha nice one!

The bottom line is that it's not always personal, and often just a numbers game. Women on here are bombarded with hundreds of messages a day, or at least some of them are so you have to understand that and not take it too personally.

Plus, not everyone fancies everyone and given the above, do you really think women on here are going to go for you even if you're very good looking just because of that fact? There are so many men to choose from, that people can be very picky and why should they be anything less?

Seriously, even if you look like George Clooney, or Brad Pitt, or have a body like Arnie in his prime, it's still no guarantee because everybody has a type they go for. Being attractive is also a lot more than just looking good - I haven't read your profile, but exactly as with physical attraction, anyone with any self respect is also going to go for someone they find mentally attractive as well, so it's a real 'blend' issue as well.

Add all this to the giant-fat-lust-filled-wank-fest-pot that is this site, and you've got a really tricky situation on your hands. It's not as cut & dried as you think."

Yay a man with some common sense (I wonder if he can multi-task too).

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ok I get ur point that is true what ur all saying but I'm the type who likes to have a good chat and see if it leads to anything it not its cool "

If you make that clear both on your profile and in messages you might find people who feel the same or go to socials.....there's a Sussex one coming up.

To be honest I'm soo laid back about this site that I don't take things personal on here . I just maintain my self respect.it's should be about fun. So I don't let the bullshit bother me .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"To be honest I'm soo laid back about this site that I don't take things personal on here . I just maintain my self respect.it's should be about fun. So I don't let the bullshit bother me . "

And that is how it should be.

"To be honest I'm soo laid back about this site that I don't take things personal on here . I just maintain my self respect.it's should be about fun. So I don't let the bullshit bother me . "

Exactly, but unfortunately the masses do not follow-suit.

"To be honest I'm soo laid back about this site that I don't take things personal on here . I just maintain my self respect.it's should be about fun. So I don't let the bullshit bother me .

Exactly, but unfortunately the masses do not follow-suit."

I agree mate

That's the best way, I think newbies tend to get more frustrated, I know I did, you soon learn to accept it and move on

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Well said.

Ok cool I'm no good with profiles as I don't know what to put lol hun and is there where will that be Nicecouple561

By *exyhornycplCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

"In my case:

Get a message.

Best to just not reply."

totally agree, I try to answer ever message, if someone has taken the time to write it I try and answer it, however I do get fed up when you get exactly same message over and over and also as above you say no thanks and then get abuse.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ok cool I'm no good with profiles as I don't know what to put lol hun and is there where will that be Nicecouple561 "

here's the thread

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/270079

I think it's curtious just to reply with a no thanks

"I think it's curtious just to reply with a no thanks "

What if you get 200 messages a day? Are you suggesting people reply to every one of them? It's just not realistic.

"I think it's curtious just to reply with a no thanks "

I'd rather not risk the chance of some having a childish hissy fit and being abusive in response to a no thanks. Funny how you can go from gorgeous to a fat bitch in the space of 3 messages lol

Thank u hun I will have a look

I'm dum I can't find it lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm dum I can't find it lol "

its in Swingers Chat entitled Sussex Social

"I'm dum I can't find it lol "

Just copy & paste the thread link she sent you.

so many people would enjoy this site much more if they adopted this attitude

Ok thanks I will try and find it pmsl

"To be honest I'm soo laid back about this site that I don't take things personal on here . I just maintain my self respect.it's should be about fun. So I don't let the bullshit bother me .

so many people would enjoy this site much more if they adopted this attitude"

And if more people read and LISTENED on the forums, it would also be a whole lot better.

so many people would enjoy this site much more if they adopted this attitude"

as long as people are clear about what they want and don't compromise this just get a meet you'll be fine. Also less disappointment when you accept that you just not might what they're looking for.

And if more people read and LISTENED on the forums, it would also be a whole lot better. "

I am not sure about that last statement, there is a lot of shite written on here, most of it by myself

Could it possibly be(heaven forfend) that these non reoly/delete message profiles are ficticious.

And if more people read and LISTENED on the forums, it would also be a whole lot better.

I am not sure about that last statement, there is a lot of shite written on here, most of it by myself "

I mean in taking note of the threads telling people not to act like dickheads.

"Could it possibly be(heaven forfend) that these non reoly/delete message profiles are ficticious. "

Quite a few are dubious, you can usual tell though

I am not sure about that last statement, there is a lot of shite written on here, most of it by myself

I mean in taking note of the threads telling people not to act like dickheads."

Fair enough but yiu haven't been on here very long

I am not sure about that last statement, there is a lot of shite written on here, most of it by myself "

"Could it possibly be(heaven forfend) that these non reoly/delete message profiles are ficticious.

Quite a few are dubious, you can usual tell though "

Good luck wirh that

Hinckley

It's not ignorance it's no interest. View it as them ridding themselves of the junkmail they did not solicit .they did solicit, because they put a profile up on here.."

Hinckley

"In my case:

Get a message.

Best to just not reply."

If this is how it is then I understand why women might not reply!

I gotta say I'm a bit shocked that people are this rude!

I never get abusive, usually when I get a "no thanks" I come back with, "Okies! Thanks for replying & happy swinging"

By *uggarbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"In my case:

Get a message.

Best to just not reply."

Exactly!

Spot on. I do my best to reply saying thank you but no. After saying it to the same person three times I block. I could turn replying to mail a full time job. So blocking helps on both sides, mine so I don't have to reply again and their's so they aren't wasting their time and receiving another rejection. Simplz

theres also another side to the ive not recieved a reply gripe.

we have had many polite lengthy mails from guys who have obviously taken time to write to us, however when looking at their profiles they do not meet the criteria we have listed clearly on our profile so obviously they have either not read our profile or have chosen to ignore our requitements so in instances such as these we are quite happy to not reply and block as they deserve nothing more

By *vsnikkiTV/TS  over a year ago

Limavady

"theres also another side to the ive not recieved a reply gripe.

we have had many polite lengthy mails from guys who have obviously taken time to write to us, however when looking at their profiles they do not meet the criteria we have listed clearly on our profile so obviously they have either not read our profile or have chosen to ignore our requitements so in instances such as these we are quite happy to not reply and block as they deserve nothing more"

Thoroughly agree but I get more of the one liners where the guy has not read /ignored my profile

Some ladies are rude. Common replying greetings seems to be a big deal

"In my case:

Get a message.

Best to just not reply.

Exactly!

Spot on. I do my best to reply saying thank you but no. After saying it to the same person three times I block. I could turn replying to mail a full time job. So blocking helps on both sides, mine so I don't have to reply again and their's so they aren't wasting their time and receiving another rejection. Simplz "

Nice you do your best to say no but ignoring rude

Delete your sent mail and get on with your life.

"Delete your sent mail and get on with your life."

Exactly what I do. If I get a reply, great, if not who cares?? Not me!

It makes good sense to block if they have read and deleted your message

"We use the private notes quite a lot too that helps, blocking is a good tool and one we find quite useful."

we do this - love the notes thingy

By *ovemenotWoman  over a year ago

yeovil

Do you reply to every pice of mail that come in your letter box . If you get a menu do you ring the take away and say thanks but no thanks . After all you eat some food so there for they sent you that menu just in case !

It only takes 60 seconds to type, "thanks for your message but unfortunately your not our type" click send. There is no excuse for ignorance.

" It only takes 60 seconds to type, "thanks for your message but unfortunately your not our type" click send. There is no excuse for ignorance."

But the time adds up for the people that get 100s of messages a day

(Not us btw)

" It only takes 60 seconds to type, "thanks for your message but unfortunately your not our type" click send. There is no excuse for ignorance."

I used to do that and the majority of recipients where fine however, some replies to that were less than welcome. Being called all the names under the sun and having abuse hurled at me is not what I'm on here for so I can understand why people ignore messages if not interested. If everyone was mature and grown up enough to respect a polite no thanks then everything would be fantastic, unfortunately they're not.

" It only takes 60 seconds to type, "thanks for your message but unfortunately your not our type" click send. There is no excuse for ignorance.

I used to do that and the majority of recipients where fine however, some replies to that were less than welcome. Being called all the names under the sun and having abuse hurled at me is not what I'm on here for so I can understand why people ignore messages if not interested. If everyone was mature and grown up enough to respect a polite no thanks then everything would be fantastic, unfortunately they're not."

" It only takes 60 seconds to type, "thanks for your message but unfortunately your not our type" click send. There is no excuse for ignorance.

I used to do that and the majority of recipients where fine however, some replies to that were less than welcome. Being called all the names under the sun and having abuse hurled at me is not what I'm on here for so I can understand why people ignore messages if not interested. If everyone was mature and grown up enough to respect a polite no thanks then everything would be fantastic, unfortunately they're not."

Agree with this. Each time I have politely told someone i'm not interested they either become abusive or moany. Or they'll go away only to message me weeks later whinging that they messaged me but got no reply.

I always say it's my perogative as to whether I reply to a message or not. Replies shouldnt be expected. Afterall it's your choice to send them. Just dont take the ignoring/blocking personally.

By *ovemenotWoman  over a year ago

yeovil

What twaddle. Even the site states a delete is not ignorant.

Exactly

Exactly"

And it only takes the less polite members on here to type something like "well f*ck you, fat b*tch, you weren't my type any way, just thought you'd be an easy shag" Can you see why some women ignore messages when there are some guys who think its acceptable to send abusive messages like that??

By *icoleDiamondsWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Exactly"

And then multiply 60 seconds x 50-60 messages daily.

Exactly

And then multiply 60 seconds x 50-60 messages daily."

Plus even more on top when its followed by a "why not" "what's wrong with me" "what's your type" etc etc etc!

By *emurewifeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

On our profile we state quite clearly, "Will only meet at clubs" and ask any guys who are contacting us to state which clubs they go to.

About 90% of the messages we get are of the "You OK / how you doing" variety or "would you meet away from a club".

Why should we even bother to reply ?

M & H

You can assume the woman is not interested after 3 days, forget her and move on to the next profile lol.

By *emurewifeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

And to prove our point;

In the space of time it took to type the above message we got a message saying;

"Hi I like your profile"

Well he might have liked it (or more likely saw the photos), but he certainly didn't read it !!!!

When I first started on this site I replied to all messages, even if to say no thanks, but I soon stopped because I got so sick of the 'and with all your veris I thought you were an easy lay' or 'I messaged you by mistake you fat bitch' type messages from the minority meant that I nearly left the site. Since I started to only reply to those I was interested in, and had obviously made the effort to read my profile first I have had a fraction of the abusive messages...maybe 1/2 a month rather than 1/2 a day.

If you accept a deleted mail as a 'thanks but no thanks' then maybe your experience on the site will improve too.

I used to do that and the majority of recipients where fine however, some replies to that were less than welcome. Being called all the names under the sun and having abuse hurled at me is not what I'm on here for so I can understand why people ignore messages if not interested. If everyone was mature and grown up enough to respect a polite no thanks then everything would be fantastic, unfortunately they're not.

When I first started on this site I replied to all messages, even if to say no thanks, but I soon stopped because I got so sick of the 'and with all your veris I thought you were an easy lay' or 'I messaged you by mistake you fat bitch' type messages from the minority meant that I nearly left the site. Since I started to only reply to those I was interested in, and had obviously made the effort to read my profile first I have had a fraction of the abusive messages...maybe 1/2 a month rather than 1/2 a day.

If you accept a deleted mail as a 'thanks but no thanks' then maybe your experience on the site will improve too."

spot on.

we were the same,trying to reply to every message was hard. So as it now states in our profile we may just delete your message if your not for us cos we get loads of maail.

Also as said,alot dont read profiles so i you cant be bothered to read it then we cant be bothered to reply

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

A few musings on this.

Why does everyone deserve a reply ?

There are days we get 30-40 messages at least 75% have not read the profile, a good majority are cut and pastes, quite a few are fairly rude and there are several that just down right odd.

Why is it ignorant to not reply to people who don't even have the decency to read your profile and put any effort in ?

To be frank its quite often a bit of a chore going through endless messages from people who you're not interested in who cant be bothered to read your profile so again I'm not sure why they deserve a reply ? 60 seconds wasted is still 60 seconds you could be doing something meaningful with.

Also there are people on here who a take a "no thanks" as an invite into a debate as to "why" you wont meet them and why why why often it just means that same person will message you X more times until your really sick of it and delete them.

We always reply accept for the following reasons:

Sender does accommodate - it's on our profile that we won't, so also means not read our profile

Message is terrible txt speak we can't decipher

Outside age range - again not reading profile

Are offensive. Not many but had a few.

I use blocking as another filter, same as if you don't read the profile block and delete. As for having to reply to every message or you are seen as ignorant - what pish!!

Happens all the time , tbh it's the thrill of the chase and not the prize some are after !

Fucking brilliant. Groundhog Day.

"Fucking brilliant. Groundhog Day.

"

Ha all we need is a thread on time wasters and one on the fat/curvy debate. I think that just about covers everything.

"Fucking brilliant. Groundhog Day.

Ha all we need is a thread on time wasters and one on the fat/curvy debate. I think that just about covers everything. "

Don't forget a rate my profile/not having any luck thread!

By *ptimusDMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Ignorance has got nothing to do with deleting emails without replying.

If your email is read and deleted, then they're not interested. No point in getting upset about it, just block them.

If they delete without reading, they probably bulk deleted because they got loads of emails. If you're particularly keen on them, you can send them another email at a later date, and hope they get to read it. Once an email has been read, you'll know either whether they're interested or not.

Unlike single guys, any half decent female or couple will be getting loads and loads of emails a week. They can't possibly read them all or even reply to them all.

The main aim of an email is to have it read. And so for me, I give my emails the best chance of being read. That means catchy subjects, adding photos and if I'm particularly keen on a profile, only sending them emails when they're online.

Personally, I don't think it makes any difference to read and delete your email or to reply with a nice and polite "Thanks but no thanks" email. Either way, you're not going to be getting a shag out of it.

» Add a new message to this topic