FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Real/True Swinging, what is it?

Real/True Swinging, what is it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atasha_David OP   Couple  over a year ago

Slough

Some on a recent thread here have claimed that certain attitudes or behaviours indicate genuine or fake swingers, that are not true or real swingers.

What do you think is a definition of swinging?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

As far as we're concerned as long as the participants are in agreement it can be what you want it to be. For an activity that is supposed to be liberating some people don't half impose some rules we take no notice and go our own sweet way

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As far as we're concerned as long as the participants are in agreement it can be what you want it to be. For an activity that is supposed to be liberating some people don't half impose some rules we take no notice and go our own sweet way "

We go with what we want as well. Anyone who tries to push their views of swinging on us, gets blocked and we move on

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We avoid people that have an elitist and traditional view of what swinging is

We know what we enjoy and focus on people that have similar interests to us

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yep. We we're once told we weren't proper swingers.....I gave them my mobile to ring someone who gave a damn.

You do get people who say that only couples can swing, only married people or that social only meets aren't part of it among other things it's daft, just meet the people who do stuff you like....

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"Yep. We we're once told we weren't proper swingers.....I gave them my mobile to ring someone who gave a damn.

You do get people who say that only couples can swing, only married people or that social only meets aren't part of it among other things it's daft, just meet the people who do stuff you like.... "

To me, swinging is partner swapping but, I do not have the elitest mindset that there is only one twue way. I use this site to meet cool people who I may, as part of friendship, enjoy playing with in some way at some point. As long as everyone involved is having fun, who cares what it is called that we're doing?

I hate elitism in the swinging scene as much as I hate it in the BDSM scene. If what I'm doing doesn't meet someone else's ideals and gain their approval, I really couldn't care less. I may not understand fully how some people choose to explore this aspect of their life but as long as they're not doing anything non-consentual or highly dangerous, I don't see any problems.

If anyone tries to tell me that their way is the one twue right way, I will not be able to help myself but laugh in their face.

crystal

If it's fun for us, we'll do it, we're into labelling anything. All this 'true' swinging malarkey.............just sounds like a way for some to dismiss others preference on how they choose to play.

Yes apparently couples like us who meet single guys aren't proper swingers. It's only couples playing with couples that are PROPER swingers.

But you know, when I have one of the fantastic, sexy single guys pounding away at me with mrnotts looking on, I really couldn't give a shit what you call us

"Yes apparently couples like us who meet single guys aren't proper swingers. It's only couples playing with couples that are PROPER swingers.

But you know, when I have one of the fantastic, sexy single guys pounding away at me with mrnotts looking on, I really couldn't give a shit what you call us "

Exactly. It doesn't matter what label other people put on what you're doing, you guys are having the time of your life and why should you give a shit what anyone else calls you? If anyone tries to tell you what you're doing is wrong then that steps over the line.

crystal

Isn't swinging just about having fun, a laugh and leaving drama for "real life". If you and your partner are happy with who or how you play .. Then happy days .....

i posted just this morning on a cuckold thread the following

there is no 'one true' form of cuck, anymore than there is 'one true' form of bdsm, swinging, or vanilla sex.'

swinging, sex, and indeed life..... are what you make them. nothing more, nothing less.

As a single woman I'm obviously not a 'proper' swinger. However, I use this site to chat, banter and occasionally, if I'm lucky enough to catch the eye of tall handsome young mam, I meet up and have a lot of fun

I really don't care what people want to call me, although I did quite like the term swingle that someone wrote on these threads, but I use this site as I want and enjoy myself

Surely it's all about having enjoyable sex with people who turn you on. The world changes as does the swinging world. Things have moved on a long way from bowls of car keys

I think for us the term swinger is more a mindset than what or who you do it with, it's the mindset of being sexually liberated, exploring your wants and desires and being able to seperate them from the mundane social conditioning.

Unfortunately some people can't help but feel superior to others and have to express it at any given opertunity ( we avoid those types of people like the plague lol )

for us, well me, swinging isnt just about meeting someone for sex.

lets be honest, people can hook up and have sex after a nightclub, or down the pub, they cant all be swingers, can they?

its more an all encompassing state of mind.

"Yes apparently couples like us who meet single guys aren't proper swingers. It's only couples playing with couples that are PROPER swingers.

But you know, when I have one of the fantastic, sexy single guys pounding away at me with mrnotts looking on, I really couldn't give a shit what you call us "

"for us, well me, swinging isnt just about meeting someone for sex.

lets be honest, people can hook up and have sex after a nightclub, or down the pub, they cant all be swingers, can they?

its more an all encompassing state of mind.

"

I like this!

I don't 'swing' for the sex. I swing for the adventure, the escape from being a boring frumpy single mum. I could go out and 'pull' and get a shag. I'm really crap at describing things btw.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"As far as we're concerned as long as the participants are in agreement it can be what you want it to be. For an activity that is supposed to be liberating some people don't half impose some rules we take no notice and go our own sweet way "
same with us!

My definition of swinging - it can be any combination of 3somes, groups, clubs, parties, full swap, soft swap. Some like the social side, some prefer fuck n go. I think that whatever people are into it's good- as long as they are happy.

(Copied from my post on another thread)

I think (for me) the main thing is respect. Respect for the other person/ people, and yourself.

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I guess traditionally swinging was partner swapping and singles had no place i that. With the modern concept things have changed somewhat. Now I think swinging is more like the modern version of the 60s free love. It's a sexual liberation thing now more than just partner swapping. The social side to me is just as important as the sex. Unlike dating I don't have a specific type as long as I can connect in some way with the other person.

LONDON (se)

"

I think (for me) the main thing is respect. Respect for the other person/ people, and yourself. "

This

"I guess traditionally swinging was partner swapping and singles had no place i that. With the modern concept things have changed somewhat. Now I think swinging is more like the modern version of the 60s free love. It's a sexual liberation thing now more than just partner swapping. The social side to me is just as important as the sex. Unlike dating I don't have a specific type as long as I can connect in some way with the other person. "

Swinging has definitely evolved from keys in a fruit bowl. For me, it's all about having fun and making sure everyone I'm involved with is having fun too. I don't mind people's rules in terms of boundaries and things that don't enhance their experience but it's when rules try to put other people down I think that it's not right.

crystal

LONDON (se)

"I guess traditionally swinging was partner swapping and singles had no place i that. With the modern concept things have changed somewhat. Now I think swinging is more like the modern version of the 60s free love. It's a sexual liberation thing now more than just partner swapping. The social side to me is just as important as the sex. Unlike dating I don't have a specific type as long as I can connect in some way with the other person.

Swinging has definitely evolved from keys in a fruit bowl. For me, it's all about having fun and making sure everyone I'm involved with is having fun too. I don't mind people's rules in terms of boundaries and things that don't enhance their experience but it's when rules try to put other people down I think that it's not right.

crystal"

Totally agree. We all have our limits and if we are all nit having fun then it isn't a good experience. If limits are too different then clearly not the right person/people to play with

"Some on a recent thread here have claimed that certain attitudes or behaviours indicate genuine or fake swingers, that are not true or real swingers.

What do you think is a definition of swinging?"

People in a committed relationship choosing to have sex with others.

By *uestandpinkCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Good answers

Always helpful to have an extra girl in the equation

"We avoid people that have an elitist and traditional view of what swinging is

We know what we enjoy and focus on people that have similar interests to us "

Well even as a single fem I class myself as a swinger. Been swinging on and off over 20 years. Sometimes with partners, sometimes without. In my mind and attitude I'm a swinger. I don't need anybody else to tell me what i am and I always feel excepted.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I use the swinger label cos I can...I enjoy 1:1s, 3sums, 4sums and group fun...I probably have more 1:1 fun cos it's easier to organise seeing as I and the majority of members work so we're not all able to drop kecks at the drop of a hat

If someone wants to label me a swingle, a slapper or disgusting pervert then who am I to argue? Fill yer boots folks, but it's unlikely we'll be shagging

» Add a new message to this topic