FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Copied and pasted intro messages!

Copied and pasted intro messages!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I don't post in here very often, but now and again I do and am prepared for whatever you lovely peeps say, but this has just happened to me so felt I had to share

A guy messaged me, it looked copy and pasted but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as the message was well written with no spelling mistakes, which means a lot to me. So I replied, we chatted, swapped photo's and became friends on here. He is from another area but said he was I the North West once a week, and we decided he would let me know next time he was going to be here, and we would meet.

I logged on last night, and there was a message from him, I opened it, and low and behold, it was his copy and pasted first intro message! WTF

He now sits proudly on the top of my block list

I'm sure it's happened to lots of people, but I was amazed.

I just felt I had to post it in here. Thanks for reading xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/01/14 08:11:32]

Yep, I've had the same! Reply to the "message" start chatting then 2 weeks later get the "message" again! I replied back and said it's me you idiot and then blocked!!!! Xx

"

A guy messaged me, it looked copy and pasted but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as the message was well written with no spelling mistakes, which means a lot to me. So I replied, we chatted, swapped photo's and became friends on here. He is from another area but said he was I the North West once a week, and we decided he would let me know next time he was going to be here, and we would meet.

I logged on last night, and there was a message from him, I opened it, and low and behold, it was his copy and pasted first intro message! WTF

I just felt I had to post it in here. Thanks for reading xxx"

obviously you have too much spare time. If you have nothing to contribute to people's posts just ignore it.

It may be different for a single woman, but as a couple we'd have laughed but not necessarily blocked him. He's just playing the field, albeit in a slightly haphazard way

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"

obviously you have too much spare time. If you have nothing to contribute to people's posts just ignore it."

Simply black. I just pressed the wrong button and replied by accident to your inbox. Please accept my apologies it was meant to be posted here. I will copy and paste it for others to read too.

Bristol

Here it is...

I do not understand your reply. Or more specifically the point. The OP was posting a legit concern which many people have about users message bombing everyone they can. When we meet people we want to meet people who have read our profile and want to contact us for who we are. Not just be used for kicks by someone who is desperate for a shag. There are single guys, couples and ladies on here who are not just about getting their oats but about having a connection and having a life outside the bedroom. A copy and paste message bomb does not align with that.

"Here it is...

I do not understand your reply. Or more specifically the point. The OP was posting a legit concern which many people have about users message bombing everyone they can. When we meet people we want to meet people who have read our profile and want to contact us for who we are. Not just be used for kicks by someone who is desperate for a shag. There are single guys, couples and ladies on here who are not just about getting their oats but about having a connection and having a life outside the bedroom. A copy and paste message bomb does not align with that.

"

Simply Black's post was referring to a post that has since been deleted, not the OPs

By *olfclub999Man  over a year ago

Newport

I think it's always best to tailor your message around the recipients profile to show you have made an effort in writing the message and that you have read their profile !

It's just a shame that the replies tend to be very short lol

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Im pretty sure the majority of messages you get are copy and paste (half the time they dont even bother with our message title or even a pic). If there not what were looking for its a polite thanks but no thanks but the second time that message comes back (theres been 3rd times) its just a block. It never surprises me though as people are always willing to try their luck. Mrs

"

obviously you have too much spare time. If you have nothing to contribute to people's posts just ignore it.

Simply black. I just pressed the wrong button and replied by accident to your inbox. Please accept my apologies it was meant to be posted here. I will copy and paste it for others to read too. "

LOL

Bristol

"

Simply black. I just pressed the wrong button and replied by accident to your inbox. Please accept my apologies it was meant to be posted here. I will copy and paste it for others to read too.

LOL "

Lol indeed. I am not having a good morning. Stuck in bed as my back has gone and now I am making a tit of myself in the forums.

"

No offence taken. I agree with the OP. I disagreed with the person who instead of making a sensible contribution made fun of the post. He/she always makes silly comments and there is no need.

HOWEVER- if a guy sends 15 messages a day he gets no response. But he changes it slightly it works why not use it again??. Juat remember qho u sent it to lol.

Simply black. I just pressed the wrong button and replied by accident to your inbox. Please accept my apologies it was meant to be posted here. I will copy and paste it for others to read too. "

Bet he feels a right fool at the moment

Bristol

"Bet he feels a right fool at the moment "

Can you let me have a copy of the message, my copy and pastes just get deleted to I clearly need a better one

By *ingjayMan  over a year ago

exeter

Does it surprise anyone that some guys just can't be bothered to constantly keep constructing message after message when he knows full well 99% will get ignored? Everyone keeps saying "if someone puts the time to write a well constructed meassage we will always reply" - bollocks!! You'll look at the profile pics, maybe read the profile and probably just delete anyway, I dont blame him o be little bit, only mistake he made was not keeping track of who he sent it to already.

The age old argument of getting way to much mail ect ect, and not replying incase of abuse ect ect is why a lot of people don't reply ........ And is why people use cut n paste messages! When I used to message people on here, I tried making the effort just for it to be deleted with no reply, hold your hands up and just admit if the face don't fit the message doesn't matter

"Does it surprise anyone that some guys just can't be bothered to constantly keep constructing message after message when he knows full well 99% will get ignored? Everyone keeps saying "if someone puts the time to write a well constructed meassage we will always reply" - bollocks!! You'll look at the profile pics, maybe read the profile and probably just delete anyway, I dont blame him o be little bit, only mistake he made was not keeping track of who he sent it to already.

The age old argument of getting way to much mail ect ect, and not replying incase of abuse ect ect is why a lot of people don't reply ........ And is why people use cut n paste messages! When I used to message people on here, I tried making the effort just for it to be deleted with no reply, hold your hands up and just admit if the face don't fit the message doesn't matter

"

Spot on

Bristol

"Does it surprise anyone that some guys just can't be bothered to constantly keep constructing message after message when he knows full well 99% will get ignored? Everyone keeps saying "if someone puts the time to write a well constructed meassage we will always reply" - bollocks!! You'll look at the profile pics, maybe read the profile and probably just delete anyway, I dont blame him o be little bit, only mistake he made was not keeping track of who he sent it to already.

"

That is just silly. If the face fits the message does matter. You are missing the whole point. People want men who are attracted to them specifically not just because one of the couple has a vagina and they want to put their penis in it. To get to have sex with us we need think that a guy actually cares enough to make the effort. If you are copying the message to every woman or couple you can see it suggests you are not interested in them other than to get your jollies from them. That is not attractive.

"

.....and cut and paste messages rarely get replies.......so single guys (and lets be honest it usually is) complain that they can't get meets......so they send more cut and paste messages......and the circle continues. Yes your face (and other things) need to fit. If not nobody would have a preference and this site would then be instashag.

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

Delete and move onto the next message

"

By *olores mister jCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

[Removed by poster at 24/01/14 11:01:07]

By *olores mister jCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

"

A copy and pasted message is surely better than the standard Hi hows u? so many send. Isn't being on here about mailing people and getting to know them to me it is a bit petulant starting a thread about a guy you blocked for sending a pasted message.

Bristol

"A copy and pasted message is surely better than the standard Hi hows u? so many send. Isn't being on here about mailing people and getting to know them to me it is a bit petulant starting a thread about a guy you blocked for sending a pasted message. "

That is like saying that being punched is better than being shot. It is right but still shows little respect to the recipient.

By *andyblokeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

everyone of mine is original and i try to reflect the fact that i do read the profile and also read and remember when someone messages me. Costs nothing to be courteous.

A lot of people copy and paste cos they get sick of people not replying to messages that have been written out each time. It's easier and faster just to have a general message to introduce yourself rather than type basically the same thing again and again

"

We are not all the same you know, I always reply even if it is a no thanks, unless the message just says something like 'fancy a shag'. It was only because of the fact that we had gone into quite lengthy details about each other, what we were looking for and when we would be able to meet. Made that whole conversation a total waste of time

"A copy and pasted message is surely better than the standard Hi hows u? so many send. Isn't being on here about mailing people and getting to know them to me it is a bit petulant starting a thread about a guy you blocked for sending a pasted message. "

It was the fact that he posted it the second time after chatting to him, swapping pics and friending him

I think couples and women need to see what it's like to be a single guy on here to truly understand how hard and frustrating it can be. I've spent 20 minutes to send a personalised message before to get no reply. Now, while I don't really care for the sympathy "no thanks" that's a lot of time wasted for basically nothing. Now do this 30 plus times and it just gets jarring.

The difference for most women and couples to single men is all they have to do is read messages and choose from an abundance of guys. The single men, have to find someone they like, compose a message and then hope for the best which in 95% cases ends in no reply. After a while you just think "let me see if she's interested first before I invest so much time and effort"

The truth is, for a single male guy on here, getting a meet is almost on par with winning the lottery (from personal experience) and eventually the non existent replies/interest takes it's toll.

Bristol

"I think couples and women need to see what it's like to be a single guy on here to truly understand how hard and frustrating it can be. I've spent 20 minutes to send a personalised message before to get no reply. Now, while I don't really care for the sympathy "no thanks" that's a lot of time wasted for basically nothing. Now do this 30 plus times and it just gets jarring.

The difference for most women and couples to single men is all they have to do is read messages and choose from an abundance of guys. The single men, have to find someone they like, compose a message and then hope for the best which in 95% cases ends in no reply. After a while you just think "let me see if she's interested first before I invest so much time and effort"

The truth is, for a single male guy on here, getting a meet is almost on par with winning the lottery (from personal experience) and eventually the non existent replies/interest takes it's toll."

The answer is not to make less effort. Less effort means less chance.

"Can you let me have a copy of the message, my copy and pastes just get deleted to I clearly need a better one "

That is just silly. If the face fits the message does matter. You are missing the whole point. People want men who are attracted to them specifically not just because one of the couple has a vagina and they want to put their penis in it. To get to have sex with us we need think that a guy actually cares enough to make the effort. If you are copying the message to every woman or couple you can see it suggests you are not interested in them other than to get your jollies from them. That is not attractive. "

Good point +1

» Add a new message to this topic