FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Why can folks not take a

Why can folks not take a

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

straightforward compliment ? If I see someone I like -- I just sent a mail saying how good they look and wish them good luck on Fab. 30 % respond with a thank you - no more to be said --- the other 70 % block ! I feel sure this has been asked 1000s of times before --- surely manners are to read --- don't respond --- just leave it -- but blocking ??? Or is it me lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

It's you...

You got blocked, hey... It is not the end of the world.

Onwards and upwards

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"straightforward compliment ? If I see someone I like -- I just sent a mail saying how good they look and wish them good luck on Fab. 30 % respond with a thank you - no more to be said --- the other 70 % block ! I feel sure this has been asked 1000s of times before --- surely manners are to read --- don't respond --- just leave it -- but blocking ??? Or is it me lol "

No it isn't you but experience shows (for us anyway) that a simple compliment is often an attempted opener to further conversation and lots of people choose to delete and block rather than reply and get involved in possibly being accused of leading someone to believe that they are interested in meeting them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If I'm lucky enough to receive a compliment then I will always reply thanking them. I have on many occasion, sent a message complimenting guys, most have just been deleted. Most were just compliments, no more, I had no intention of meeting but I think that's the problem, people assume you want to meet when you send a compliment. Sad people don't have the manners for even a thanks.

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

We tend to respond and say ty but more than half the time we'll then get mail asking to meet, even though we don't meet single guys

This is just my point --- I just say good luck to them -- beauty being in the eye of the beholder (me ... Lol ) .. But hey ho !!! Thanks for responses btw - you well mannered lot you !! Nice x

I'll thank someone for a compliment and will chat. But as soon as they ask about meeting and declaring they are the one who'll get me to change my mind about meeting, I'll deleted.

Appreciate what you say and can understand --- it must be me --- raised a Yorkshire lad with manners beaten into me --- can I claim for that ????? You r a great bunch to even respond to my gripe --- thankyou x

We'd like a 'block everyone' button. It would save so much time!

By *wo4moreCouple  over a year ago

around walsall, wolves, cannock

"We tend to respond and say ty but more than half the time we'll then get mail asking to meet, even though we don't meet single guys"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Appreciate what you say and can understand --- it must be me --- raised a Yorkshire lad with manners beaten into me --- can I claim for that ????? You r a great bunch to even respond to my gripe --- thankyou x "

Manners are nationwide as far as I'm aware.

What we all need to realise is that the normal rules don't apply here and deleting or blocking isn't rude it's an acceptable way of running your profile.

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

Blocking is just a filter don't take it personally.

On a sidenote, your profile is very poor and alot of people will block on that reason alone.

I dont ever block unless someone hassles me. If they compliment my pics they must enjoy looking at them - to block would take that away. X

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I've sent a compliment today. I didn't check back to see if I'd been blocked. I've blocked loads of people but they tend to be men. Most fabbers block for any number of reasons so don't sweat it.

"Blocking is just a filter don't take it personally.

On a sidenote, your profile is very poor and alot of people will block on that reason alone."

Poor?! It's stillborn.

We would block you if you sent us an unsolicited message.

There is nothing lacking in our manners though.

Brighton - even Hove!

Ha! I sent an unsolicited compliment to someone on the thread

Brighton - even Hove!

"Blocking is just a filter don't take it personally.

On a sidenote, your profile is very poor and alot of people will block on that reason alone.

Poor?! It's stillborn. "

More the size of an ovum....the guys profile might get bigger in 9 months time.

» Add a new message to this topic