FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > why do people behave so badly!

why do people behave so badly!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *y93 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

just got back from a meet that didnt happen. been talking to this couple for a while, we skyped/chatted on phone/ exchange many face/body pix. supposed to meet at a cafe near them so that we can meet and say 'no thanks' if we finally didnt click in the flesh, all very adult arrangements. i travelled for 40 mins on train, waited at cafe for 25 mins, no show, neither of them. I tried to contact them on text, no response, and just found out they've blocked me on fab! wtf! we were only talking on the phone a few hours ago. I guess they didnt like the look of me in real life, but we already had a contingency plan of turning up and having a coffee and say 'no thanks' if it came to that. can't believe people behave like that!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's crap mate there are some truly shit people out there. Chin up and better luck next time! X

That's disgusting behaviour! Report them and better luck next time

"just got back from a meet that didnt happen. been talking to this couple for a while, we skyped/chatted on phone/ exchange many face/body pix. supposed to meet at a cafe near them so that we can meet and say 'no thanks' if we finally didnt click in the flesh, all very adult arrangements. i travelled for 40 mins on train, waited at cafe for 25 mins, no show, neither of them. I tried to contact them on text, no response, and just found out they've blocked me on fab! wtf! we were only talking on the phone a few hours ago. I guess they didnt like the look of me in real life, but we already had a contingency plan of turning up and having a coffee and say 'no thanks' if it came to that. can't believe people behave like that!"

A few factors can come in to this have they other varifications? They could of got cold feet. It is easier though for them to simply not show then risk any awkwardness face to face. People don't like confrontation and go to great lengths to avoid it. Hazards of FAB this I'm afraid. Chin up dude.

thats a joke. why fcuk about with all the previous and then no show like that lol

i bet its some sad as fcuk couple with alot of time on their hands

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Some people are totally fucking ignorant and have no social skills at all.

I hope the coffee was good!

Report them....

Bad times !!

It's piss poor, really. I don't buy this cold feet rubbish, you should know whether you're ready to meet someone - for gods sake, it's in a cafe with the option to leave if they aren't interested! And then the cowardice to block you as well instead of sending you a message to apologise. Absolutely shite that, mate.

I feel your pain. Better luck nxt time....

Chatting and blocking fair enough. But putting someone out and probably sitting there watching is just not on. Hope they see this and realise what knobbers they are.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

A few factors can come in to this have they other varifications? They could of got cold feet. It is easier though for them to simply not show then risk any awkwardness face to face. People don't like confrontation and go to great lengths to avoid it."

Yea, but they can still send a text as they flee the scene, it's so bloody despicable to just say nothing!! Bad luck OP, make sure you report them!!

"It's piss poor, really. I don't buy this cold feet rubbish, you should know whether you're ready to meet someone - for gods sake, it's in a cafe with the option to leave if they aren't interested! And then the cowardice to block you as well instead of sending you a message to apologise. Absolutely shite that, mate. "

exactly. cold feet my arse if they were on the phone a couple hours before

they planned to fcuk him about from the start i reckon

Report them as a no show.

Thats very cowardly behaviour,id report them too

Theres not much more preparation you could have done to make sure they were genuine really

I guess some people don't have the maturity to deal with some situations face to face

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Sounds like you did everything right,even having a backup plan. I arranged to meet this couple,Id not seen face pix. Arranged to meet at say 15.00hrs... Texting to and fro for a few hrs.... I almost walked away,but in the end we eventually met and I made one of their fantacies come true.... Having sex on a yacht with me and my mate...

Alls well that ends well.

Youll turn this around mate,your getting lots of attention now

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

All I can say is for once, I have read a thread where you did everything right! And it still went tits up! Nothing more I can say, except report, but I have no advise as to what to do the next time! Sorry (needs a shaking head in bewilderment smilie) x

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

The thing is we'll never appeal to everyone so to avoid "awkward" conversations a social meet is the way very to go for some of us. I go to every social meet without expectation. It's poor form to leave you hanging op.

As others have said, report them and better luck next time.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

don't let it get to you and that is easier said than done...

but you are better off with a full scrotum, your dignity intact, as you have treated them with the respect that may have led to a potential meet and you have not bad mouthed them on here.

they possibly crept away into the night, gutless and beneath contempt.

report and move on.

London

thanks guys, appreciate the symphathetic ear. I just needed to share this as really felt let down. but good to hear that these behaviours are not condoned by fellow fabbers. cheers.

London

"Sounds like you did everything right,even having a backup plan. I arranged to meet this couple,Id not seen face pix. Arranged to meet at say 15.00hrs... Texting to and fro for a few hrs.... I almost walked away,but in the end we eventually met and I made one of their fantacies come true.... Having sex on a yacht with me and my mate...

Alls well that ends well.

Youll turn this around mate,your getting lots of attention now "

cheers

London

"It's piss poor, really. I don't buy this cold feet rubbish, you should know whether you're ready to meet someone - for gods sake, it's in a cafe with the option to leave if they aren't interested! And then the cowardice to block you as well instead of sending you a message to apologise. Absolutely shite that, mate. "

glad you guys feel same. thanks

London

"All I can say is for once, I have read a thread where you did everything right! And it still went tits up! Nothing more I can say, except report, but I have no advise as to what to do the next time! Sorry (needs a shaking head in bewilderment smilie) x"

I do appreciate your response x

By *1ckeyMan  over a year ago

Camberley

"All I can say is for once, I have read a thread where you did everything right! And it still went tits up! Nothing more I can say, except report, but I have no advise as to what to do the next time! Sorry (needs a shaking head in bewilderment smilie) x

I do appreciate your response x"

That's pretty poor. If they've already seen pictures of you and were still talking, then they are just wind up jockeys....

You'd be fun on a Kestrels Monday night

Come to b,ham we will meet u

That's happened to me OP so know exactly how you feel.

Excuse my ignorance - what happens if someone is reported for a no show ?

A warning ?

A deleted account ?

A suspended account ?

London

"Come to b,ham we will meet u"

thanks you, thats a nice confidence booster x

London

"Excuse my ignorance - what happens if someone is reported for a no show ?

A warning ?

A deleted account ?

A suspended account ?"

I wouldn't think fab would police them like that at all. even if you name and shame, they can easily change their names anyways.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Disgusting behaviour from the couple.

Hope karma comes round real fast.

sorry you had a wasted journey.

A warning ?

A deleted account ?

A suspended account ?

I wouldn't think fab would police them like that at all. even if you name and shame, they can easily change their names anyways."

So why bother reporting ?

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

A warning ?

A deleted account ?

A suspended account ?"

I reported somone couple days ago, no verifications, and her pictures when I used google image reversed was all over internet on other sites and model photogopher sites.

so definitly stolen from somehere and yet shes still on site so nothings been done.

but hey ho just trust your gut.

I don't get why people have to be rude. It even happens on here. I reported a guy for the 1st time the other night.

Sent a polite no thanks & advised him I'd declined his friend invite. The reply I got was "fuck off then".

So polite and mayure. x

Because you aren't allowed to discipline children. Therefore when they grow up. They will fight to get their own way as they aren't used to the word no.

By *ngelbiTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Dyserth, North Wales

Sorry to hear about that. i Hope you report them

They may have got cold feet but to let you travel & sit waiting is just disgusting!!

Chin up there are lots of decent couples Hopefully you'll get a cracking meet next time

London

"They may have got cold feet but to let you travel & sit waiting is just disgusting!!

Chin up there are lots of decent couples Hopefully you'll get a cracking meet next time "

Yeah, I defo have met many nice couples, so have no idea why this happened. x

London

I have not even thought about reporting them. don't really have any intention in doing so, they'd prob changed their names by now! what actually happens when you report someone?

By *immy AndrexCouple  over a year ago

OLDHAM

Sympathies, think you had a lucky escape from them, something not quite right with that couple.

London

"Sympathies, think you had a lucky escape from them, something not quite right with that couple. "

thanks. I think so too, they prob have some issues!

London

"Disgusting behaviour from the couple.

Hope karma comes round real fast.

sorry you had a wasted journey. "

I guess I've had it good so far, so its probably my turn! I hear some horror 'meet' stories on here sometimes!

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

why do people behave so badly?

Because they can and will not be held accountable for their behaviour!

Sorry this happened to you. Better luck next time I hope.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I have not even thought about reporting them. don't really have any intention in doing so, they'd prob changed their names by now! what actually happens when you report someone?"

We are never told, but we hope that admin has some kind of system for sanctions or something.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I dunno. Not very good form at all.

We were chatting with a couple in a club, who had done something similar in terms of checking the other couple out, even the whole webchat thing.

When they turned up it was 2 guys waiting for them. Really does not inspire 1:1 meetings when you hear these stories.

"I dunno. Not very good form at all.

We were chatting with a couple in a club, who had done something similar in terms of checking the other couple out, even the whole webchat thing.

When they turned up it was 2 guys waiting for them. Really does not inspire 1:1 meetings when you hear these stories.

"

That's why we use clubs as we don't get much free time

Shame really there's something extra naughty about a hotel meet but time wasters have put us off now

By *stonMTMan  over a year ago

cleveland

Think it shit you had travelled all that way which is time and money.A no show is bad but people dont care what others go through should name and shame

Thats a horrible thing to do to you. Hope you don't lose faith x

"Think it shit you had travelled all that way which is time and money.A no show is bad but people dont care what others go through should name and shame "

And then get banned

By *hinaManMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

Sorry to hear about this OP. In my opinion, I think you did everything correctly. In most instances (well in my experience) if they are willing to give out their number and chat, as well as confirming a few hours before the meet then it's usually legit. Like others have said, I recommend you report them as a "no show".

I hope this experience doesn't put you off andI wwish you all the best!

"Some people are totally fucking ignorant and have no social skills at all.

I hope the coffee was good!

Report them...."

^ This.

My first ever meet in this lifestyle over 3 years ago was a hotel meet. Chatted to this guy for a while, text, swapped a few pics then chatted on the phone. He gave no reason he wasn't genuine. I booked a hotel and he never showed, even after texting that morning asking if it was still on and that he was looking forward to it. He even text to say he was running late then that he was on his way then nothing. I helped karma along a few months later with the use of a fake profile, got him to book a hotel and oops, never turned up!! People who do this are the lowest of the low. I'm sure they wouldn't like it if done to them, he sure didn't, serves him right lol

On this post, where are the forumites who usually say:

Your responsibility-choose better next time, personal preference - accept it, this a sex site not an etiquette school so grow some?

I do think he was treated shabbily though and if the couple who did this read this forum post then they are gutless ill mannered cowards.

London

thanks guys, really good to hear all your positive encouraging responses, its really good to have this forum to get your feedbacks. it was a lot of time and money wasted, but it happens I will live for another good meet! thanks again x

Its easy for some to say you should choose more wisely or change your selection procedure when someone seems genuine as with my let downs. You can do no more than you did and unfortunately, for whatever reason, they let you down. Some people have no morals or respect and when I used to meet, I only ever met socially first and only local people as then I haven't traveled far so no great problem if they no showed. Still annoying though. Hope you have more luck in the future.

"On this post, where are the forumites who usually say:

Your responsibility-choose better next time, personal preference - accept it, this a sex site not an etiquette school so grow some?

I do think he was treated shabbily though and if the couple who did this read this forum post then they are gutless ill mannered cowards.

"

Why would anyone say that? That response is usually seen where someone has acted impulsively without doing the simplest of 'checks' before setting off to be let down. The OP did all anyone could - hence the responses are positive and supportive.

As for reporting - it's always worthwhile. You'll never get a personal response from admin but all reports are looked at, they can _iew messages containing discussions and plans (obviously can't monitor texts , calls or off-site emails!) - and then make decisions. If patterns occur - multiple reports/complaints then action will be taken.

Yes people can simply rejoin - but it's much better than having a current profile mess people about as they will be starting from scratch and will more than likely be treated with more caution by those they are engaging with.

At least you'd like to think so!

London

"On this post, where are the forumites who usually say:

Why would anyone say that? That response is usually seen where someone has acted impulsively without doing the simplest of 'checks' before setting off to be let down. The OP did all anyone could - hence the responses are positive and supportive.

As for reporting - it's always worthwhile. You'll never get a personal response from admin but all reports are looked at, they can _iew messages containing discussions and plans (obviously can't monitor texts , calls or off-site emails!) - and then make decisions. If patterns occur - multiple reports/complaints then action will be taken.

Yes people can simply rejoin - but it's much better than having a current profile mess people about as they will be starting from scratch and will more than likely be treated with more caution by those they are engaging with.

At least you'd like to think so! "

thanks for the advice.

"just got back from a meet that didnt happen. been talking to this couple for a while, we skyped/chatted on phone/ exchange many face/body pix. supposed to meet at a cafe near them so that we can meet and say 'no thanks' if we finally didnt click in the flesh, all very adult arrangements. i travelled for 40 mins on train, waited at cafe for 25 mins, no show, neither of them. I tried to contact them on text, no response, and just found out they've blocked me on fab! wtf! we were only talking on the phone a few hours ago. I guess they didnt like the look of me in real life, but we already had a contingency plan of turning up and having a coffee and say 'no thanks' if it came to that. can't believe people behave like that!"

Cock teasers. Report them.

» Add a new message to this topic