FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Chickens way out

Chickens way out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is blocking the chickens way out ? A little while ago we were talking to a single fem all going well and then she sent us her face pic and sorry to say not for us and I just hit the block button, I don't normally do that, but it was a reaction, but I do feel bad it was nothing she had done was just not for us, I do feel like a chicken

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get over it and move on.

Yes blockin is a bit childish really if you dont like the pic some one sends you then just be upfront.

why block theyve done nothing wrong.

but theres plenty like you on here tho unfortunatly.

No I think blocking is a justifiable filter, I don't regret blocking her just wish I would of sent her a polite message first

Does it matter ?, at the end of the day you wont be meeting that person so their feelings are really immaterial, the same as the other billion people you will ever meet.

Gary

By *aughtyyid69Man  over a year ago

croydon

I think it is best to reply with an honest answer first. If the person doesn't accept no means no and they keep pestering you, then a block is fully justified xx

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Never regret things youve done in life,only things youve not done.

Im sure she will have got the message,thetes weirder things that happen on here. Women

We only block guys when they become abusive

"I think it is best to reply with an honest answer first. If the person doesn't accept no means no and they keep pestering you, then a block is fully justified xx"

I use a block as much for me as them it stops me from messaging them again in the future, if I've blocked them I know we are not compatible

"We only block guys when they become abusive"

We use the block as a filter

[Removed by poster at 22/01/14 09:21:19]

Blocking perfectly acceptable. We shouldn't have to justify, as what difference does it make? I'd rather not know why someone blocked me as it makes no difference in my life it just means they're not interested. No problem.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

If she reads the forum she'll figure out why.

"If she reads the forum she'll figure out why. "

It wasn't recently and I don't think I've said anything negative about her other than that she wasn't for us

By *stonMTMan  over a year ago

cleveland

Think bit of courtesy and manners wouldn go a miss.Politeness shows others you decent person unfortumately many kids now dont know meaning of please and thank you .Treat people as you would like to be treated take care

"Think bit of courtesy and manners wouldn go a miss.Politeness shows others you decent person unfortumately many kids now dont know meaning of please and thank you .Treat people as you would like to be treated take care "

Yeah I think that's what has bothered me my lack of manners

We block people all the time, in some cases for nothing more than irritating statuses in the local updates or unappealing puctures. It's an acceptable filter and little annoys me more than those that whinge about being blocked like it's an infringement of their human rights.

We would possibly have done the same as you, possibly replied. Either way I wouldn't have given it a second thought

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Yes blockin is a bit childish really if you dont like the pic some one sends you then just be upfront.

why block theyve done nothing wrong.

but theres plenty like you on here tho unfortunatly. "

People use blocking as a filter and to prevent contact again in future...

So many change their names & pics, contacting them again would be a complete waste of time so blocking is best....

"Does it matter ?, at the end of the day you wont be meeting that person so their feelings are really immaterial, the same as the other billion people you will ever meet.

Gary"

What wonderful manners .

Your parents must be so proud !

Isnt that a total lack of respect

"Is blocking the chickens way out ? A little while ago we were talking to a single fem all going well and then she sent us her face pic and sorry to say not for us and I just hit the block button, I don't normally do that, but it was a reaction, but I do feel bad it was nothing she had done was just not for us, I do feel like a chicken "

No its just makes sense to block someone if you don't want to waste time messaging them.

"No I think blocking is a justifiable filter, I don't regret blocking her just wish I would of sent her a polite message first "

yes i would of felt bad too, oh well.

No it isn't .

It's clear to the sender that you are not interested and no more needs to be said .

If you continue chatting it will come up , and you will have to tactfully try and say why you don't find them attractive !

The block button is a wonderful tool , as many regular forumites have shown . I shudder to think how many have blocked us as a result of our posts !!!

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Is blocking the chickens way out ? "

Yup. You know what you feel you ought to have done, it's your own conscience telling you, and I agree. There'll be a lot of people on here who do that, and so will justify it. But in my book a little kindness is what I try to give and hope to receive. I only block people of they get abusive or creepy in some way.

"I think it is best to reply with an honest answer first. If the person doesn't accept no means no and they keep pestering you, then a block is fully justified xx"

this is what I do when I've said no to someone. I only block when they become a pain.

I do however block people from my update page for constant rude and insulting status messages and I've also blocked a few from the Forums for the dame reason!

*same not dame

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

For me it depends more on whether you treat men/women & couples the same.

If you use block as a thanks but no thanks, that's up to you.

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

"Is blocking the chickens way out ?

Yup. You know what you feel you ought to have done, it's your own conscience telling you, and I agree. There'll be a lot of people on here who do that, and so will justify it. But in my book a little kindness is what I try to give and hope to receive. I only block people of they get abusive or creepy in some way."

I agree with the above. If I was chatting to someone, getting along fine then sent my photo only to find myself blocked without another word that would hurt. I see no need to hurt anothers feelings, whether you know them or not.

"I think it is best to reply with an honest answer first. If the person doesn't accept no means no and they keep pestering you, then a block is fully justified xx

this is what I do when I've said no to someone. I only block when they become a pain.

I do however block people from my update page for constant rude and insulting status messages and I've also blocked a few from the Forums for the dame reason! "

Good afternoon Legs,

You said something very sweet about me on a different thread, and I wanted to thank you properly via a private message, but your age-range filter prevents me from doing so.

I know you're a polite person, so if you do wish to communicate privately please feel free to send me an initial message so that I may reply xxx M

Yup. You know what you feel you ought to have done, it's your own conscience telling you, and I agree. There'll be a lot of people on here who do that, and so will justify it. But in my book a little kindness is what I try to give and hope to receive. I only block people of they get abusive or creepy in some way."

I agree

Yup. You know what you feel you ought to have done, it's your own conscience telling you, and I agree. There'll be a lot of people on here who do that, and so will justify it. But in my book a little kindness is what I try to give and hope to receive. I only block people of they get abusive or creepy in some way.

I agree with the above. If I was chatting to someone, getting along fine then sent my photo only to find myself blocked without another word that would hurt. I see no need to hurt anothers feelings, whether you know them or not."

So if the other person mailed you back and said "sorry, but you're too ugly" would that hurt any less? Are lies more preferable? I agree with others that find it a useful filtering tool.

I have no problem with blocking people who we don't find attractive or annoying statues or have things in there profile we don't agree with, my point is that I just wished I would of sent a message to say thanks but no thanks first

"I have no problem with blocking people who we don't find attractive or annoying statues or have things in there profile we don't agree with, my point is that I just wished I would of sent a message to say thanks but no thanks first "

You wont do it again

By *r appyMan  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Couples block single men when they ask to speak to the female?

"I have no problem with blocking people who we don't find attractive or annoying statues or have things in there profile we don't agree with, my point is that I just wished I would of sent a message to say thanks but no thanks first

You wont do it again "

You live and you learn

But would a thanks but no thanks when it is clearly in response to their face pic really have been any kinder. To be honest I think it's one of those dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenarios.

"Couples block single men when they ask to speak to the female? "

We block anyone who is clearly interested primarily in crystal. Woukd have thought it obvious as to why.

"But would a thanks but no thanks when it is clearly in response to their face pic really have been any kinder. To be honest I think it's one of those dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenarios."

To be honest I must be feeling sensitive today, normally it wouldn't bother me just felt a bit cold perhaps it was she was a single fem I don't know

"Couples block single men when they ask to speak to the female? "

Have you a right to speak to the female then ?

"If she reads the forum she'll figure out why.

It wasn't recently and I don't think I've said anything negative about her other than that she wasn't for us"

she was that ugly?

I don't like blocking unless I have to. I think it's a bit harsh and can upset people so I just write an e-mail or delete any extra they send, it's no hassle. It's different with guys though I imagine, as they are more "persistant"

It wasn't recently and I don't think I've said anything negative about her other than that she wasn't for us she was that ugly?"

It wasn't recently and I don't think I've said anything negative about her other than that she wasn't for us

she was that ugly?"

Saying someone is not for you does not make them ugly

By *r appyMan  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

why wouldn't I want to speak to female half and vice versa? or is because she doesn't exist?

I am not saying it is my right, but it does prove someone actually exists and is not just a bi male pretending to be a couple!

"Couples block single men when they ask to speak to the female?

We block anyone who is clearly interested primarily in crystal. Woukd have thought it obvious as to why."

I took that post as wanting to speak to female just to show that there was one...

she was that ugly?

Saying someone is not for you does not make them ugly "

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

So is ugliness .

We block anyone who is clearly interested primarily in crystal. Woukd have thought it obvious as to why."

your straight you say? and you met couples but the guy is not allowed to be solely interested in crystal? what does he do then? sit in the corner and watch you playing with the two women?

Can honestly say I have never said no to anyone because i considered them UGLY...

Short, fat, hairy....Yes!!! Ugly...No!!

"

So if the other person mailed you back and said "sorry, but you're too ugly" would that hurt any less? Are lies more preferable? I agree with others that find it a useful filtering tool."

I've turned many men down because I've not been attracted to them but never once have I told anyone their too ugly

I've never felt the need to be that blunt either!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you've been chatting pleasantly then it is courteous to say no thanks. Then you can block.

Whereas if it's in response to an unsolicited message or you've been browsing and decide not for you then block away.

If I've been chatting and say no thanks and don't want further contact I ask them not to message again. If they do I send a message telling them I'm blocking them and do so.

...Up on the Downs

I agree with the above. If I was chatting to someone, getting along fine then sent my photo only to find myself blocked without another word that would hurt. I see no need to hurt anothers feelings, whether you know them or not.

So if the other person mailed you back and said "sorry, but you're too ugly" would that hurt any less? Are lies more preferable? I agree with others that find it a useful filtering tool."

But saying 'Sorry you are ugly' is NOT kind, what's wrong with saying 'Sorry you are not my type after all'!!?? Yes, I far prefer it when guys put everything up front on their profile so I can avoid hurting their feelings on any issue - decide if I am attracted before a single word has been exchanged! But once you have entered into a conversation I think it's only right to finish it!!God I HATE it when people don't.

I had some very interesting, engaging messages this morning from a total newbie, a little chat ensued, then he sent a face pic and was not my type, but it can be so hurtful to be tactless at that point!! I just said sorry, unfortunately he was not my type, but that his messages were great, which he was encouraged by. He thanked me for letting him down so nicely and said he doubted he'd be so lucky with the next - which in turn I found a touching remark.

Win win!!

"Is blocking the chickens way out ? A little while ago we were talking to a single fem all going well and then she sent us her face pic and sorry to say not for us and I just hit the block button, I don't normally do that, but it was a reaction, but I do feel bad it was nothing she had done was just not for us, I do feel like a chicken "

Don't worry, I'm sure she got the message... It couldn't have Been more obvious if you'd sent a pic back if yourselves grabbing flaming torches and pitchforks (it's a shrek thing).

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

can i throw something else into the mix

how about someone blocking you that you have already met on several occasions

wtf is that about now that did hurt cos common decency would have been to say i not want to carry on with this instead of just blocking you

So if the other person mailed you back and said "sorry, but you're too ugly" would that hurt any less? Are lies more preferable? I agree with others that find it a useful filtering tool.

But saying 'Sorry you are ugly' is NOT kind, what's wrong with saying 'Sorry you are not my type after all'!!?? Yes, I far prefer it when guys put everything up front on their profile so I can avoid hurting their feelings on any issue - decide if I am attracted before a single word has been exchanged! But once you have entered into a conversation I think it's only right to finish it!!God I HATE it when people don't.

I had some very interesting, engaging messages this morning from a total newbie, a little chat ensued, then he sent a face pic and was not my type, but it can be so hurtful to be tactless at that point!! I just said sorry, unfortunately he was not my type, but that his messages were great, which he was encouraged by. He thanked me for letting him down so nicely and said he doubted he'd be so lucky with the next - which in turn I found a touching remark.

Win win!!

"

If you've been happily chatting with them for a while, and then say "sorry you're not my type" after seeing the first face pic, it's got to be a bit of a give-away! We ask for a face pic very soon in the "relationship" to avoid this very problem.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Can i just point out i never messaged the op

Win win!!

"

Spot on.

"Can i just point out i never messaged the op "

Lmao I can absolutely confirm it was bit you

"Can i just point out i never messaged the op

Lmao I can absolutely confirm it was bit you "

Not*

"why wouldn't I want to speak to female half and vice versa? or is because she doesn't exist?

I am not saying it is my right, but it does prove someone actually exists and is not just a bi male pretending to be a couple! "

I think multiple verifications make it clear she exists... initially we are purposefully very ambiguous in our mesages never sign them off and deliberately make it unclear who is writing. We are a couple we play as a couple. People that primarily are interested in crystal and have some inexplicable need to know that it is her that is replying tend to be the couples that see a couple as an easier option than finding the ellusive single bi-fem

had you suggested you were swapping face pics or even Given the impression you were sending a face pix back before you blocked her? that would then make it wrong in my eyes!

We block anyone who is clearly interested primarily in crystal. Woukd have thought it obvious as to why. your straight you say? and you met couples but the guy is not allowed to be solely interested in crystal? what does he do then? sit in the corner and watch you playing with the two women?"

Errr do you want to think about that?

"why wouldn't I want to speak to female half and vice versa? or is because she doesn't exist?

I am not saying it is my right, but it does prove someone actually exists and is not just a bi male pretending to be a couple!

I think multiple verifications make it clear she exists... initially we are purposefully very ambiguous in our mesages never sign them off and deliberately make it unclear who is writing. We are a couple we play as a couple. People that primarily are interested in crystal and have some inexplicable need to know that it is her that is replying tend to be the couples that see a couple as an easier option than finding the ellusive single bi-fem"

he is talking about couples in general ! chatting to the female to prove they are a couple! this thread is not about you and you're multiple verifications lol pat on the back for you're successful swinging btw

...Up on the Downs

"

If you've been happily chatting with them for a while, and then say "sorry you're not my type" after seeing the first face pic, it's got to be a bit of a give-away! We ask for a face pic very soon in the "relationship" to avoid this very problem."

Absolutely, about two minutes in the case in point! But the guy was NOT ugly, that's the point!! The planet is full of NOT ugly people who I am simply not attracted to!! On the most part I attracted to good looking men (what's not to like!) but sometimes I find someone draws me without what I consider to be conventional good looks. Lol, I can remember studying the face of someone I saw on here a few times and thinking, 'This is a NICE looking face, but not a GOOD looking face, but my god it's a face that drives me wild with lust now!!

Who are you to declare someone else ugly just because they are not to your taste, who are any of us!??

Not my type means just that.

By *iscomanMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Been chatting with people,getting on quite well, then all of a sudden blanked

Some one very recently we had arranged a meet time and venue agreed .Then all of a sudden zilch

When I looked no profile . The totally gone

Personally, I try to go with good manners and say sorry, your not what I'm looking for / not my type. This has worked for me so far and I am happy to accept the same type of reply from others. Even if it is based on pictures.

However, I am honest enough to say I'll only play with people I want to, and. again, accept that others would be the same.

If people dont appreciate that and become a problem, then they will then be blocked with no regrets

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

I do say sorry usually but find that it almost always means you get an email asking why not.

Then you get a sarcastic message etc. so maybe in some cases, the block button is best.

"I think it is best to reply with an honest answer first. If the person doesn't accept no means no and they keep pestering you, then a block is fully justified xx

I do however block people from my update page for constant rude and insulting status messages and I've also blocked a few from the Forums for the dame reason!

Good afternoon Legs,

You said something very sweet about me on a different thread, and I wanted to thank you properly via a private message, but your age-range filter prevents me from doing so.

I know you're a polite person, so if you do wish to communicate privately please feel free to send me an initial message so that I may reply xxx M"

There's a lot to be said about posting on the Forums

By *lim_jim1964Man  over a year ago

peterborough

I agree too

No I use block as a filter. Prevents contact either way.

If I say no sorry you not for me I get a big fuck you in return so I just block if ugly or annoying or whatever

"But would a thanks but no thanks when it is clearly in response to their face pic really have been any kinder. To be honest I think it's one of those dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenarios."

Fair point. I'd still prefer a 'you're not my type' message than just getting blocked.

"Does it matter ?, at the end of the day you wont be meeting that person so their feelings are really immaterial, the same as the other billion people you will ever meet.

Gary

What wonderful manners .

Isnt that a total lack of respect"

Actually my Parents were quite proud of me.

Why is it a total lack of respect,Sometimes i may pass 2000 people a day and not stop to speak to them is that being disrespectful ?

If i have no intention of meeting someone or conversing with them why should i carry on exchanging Messages just in case their feelings may be hurt.

"But would a thanks but no thanks when it is clearly in response to their face pic really have been any kinder. To be honest I think it's one of those dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenarios.

Fair point. I'd still prefer a 'you're not my type' message than just getting blocked. "

Much as "sorry you're not my type" isn't what we want to hear from someone we've taken an interest I still prefer it over either being blocked without a word, or being ignored. A little respect goes a long way in my opinion. I'd never be rude to someone who speaks to me with politeness, no matter how much I didn't like the message.

Gary

What wonderful manners .

Isnt that a total lack of respect

Actually my Parents were quite proud of me.

Why is it a total lack of respect,Sometimes i may pass 2000 people a day and not stop to speak to them is that being disrespectful ?

If i have no intention of meeting someone or conversing with them why should i carry on exchanging Messages just in case their feelings may be hurt."

I think the issue of a lack of respect people speak of is that there was a conversation where they were getting along then a block. Its not disrespectful to ignore people in the street but would you just turn and walk away half way through a conversation when you were seemingly getting along? We all have different ways of doing things and the OP did what they thought was right at that time.

the op feels bad and is hoping someone here can help justify her action

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I do however block people from my update page for constant rude and insulting status messages and I've also blocked a few from the Forums for the dame reason! "

Snap

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

This is why I don't like to chat before seeing a face pic.

Might be a bit embarrassing if you meet her say at a club.

I do like the block facility though to stop the going through the motions of talking to people that you've already decided you don't want to play with.

"the op feels bad and is hoping someone here can help justify her action"

It was the male who done it not the female

Gary"

Someone's feelings are immaterial just because you'll never meet them ??

No its not bad to block, it sends a clear message. You've shown you have a reflective side by thinking about it and yes maybe just a thanks you're not my type would be better, given you got to the stage of exchanging pics.

Gary

No its not bad to block, it sends a clear message. You've shown you have a reflective side by thinking about it and yes maybe just a thanks you're not my type would be better, given you got to the stage of exchanging pics.

"

Maybe its because i never ask for Pictures and look for personality but yes those that i will never meet in this world i find it difficult to worry about their feelings, look at all the put downs on this and other sites is that any different ?

Heartless of Hartlepool

just unblock and send a message to say sorry, not for you.

Gary

Maybe its because i never ask for Pictures and look for personality but yes those that i will never meet in this world i find it difficult to worry about their feelings, look at all the put downs on this and other sites is that any different ?

Heartless of Hartlepool "

Awww don't get me feeling guilty about what I wrote

Gary

Heartless of Hartlepool

Awww don't get me feeling guilty about what I wrote "

Its good to talk

pontefract

ok so its ok to block some one as you are never gonna meet them ,what about someone you have met .??????

Only blocked the abusive married women who are demanding but that's not for me

"ok so its ok to block some one as you are never gonna meet them ,what about someone you have met .??????"

I've no problems with blocking someone I've met. In fact I have done with a couple of guys. That was when I was new to this though, since then my selection process has been tweaked and I haven't had the need to.

"ok so its ok to block some one as you are never gonna meet them ,what about someone you have met .??????"

I've done that before now! Just because I'd met someone it didn't give him the right to question me about anyone else or hassle me so I blocked.

pontefract

i had it done to me no explanation nothing

x

"i had it done to me no explanation nothing

x"

people dont usually explain why they block you, they may think it not what you want to hear, or you wouldnt understand.

I haven't blocked anyone and I'm unaware if anyone has blocked me.

Hopefully I would not annoy anyone enough to feel the need.

If someone blocked me out of nowhere though I would be confused and maybe hurt if I didn't know the reasoning behind it because I'm a sensitive soul.

i block people who are too pushy and get annoyed when i say i dont want to or cant meet them.

If I got a reply saying "sorry not my/our cup of tea" I would be just happy they had taken the time to reply rather than consign the message to the delete bin to get annoyed. I thought respect was one of the main tenents of swinging - surely anyone pushy/aggressive isn't truly in the spirit of swinging anyway.

» Add a new message to this topic