FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Hep B vaccine

Hep B vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I finally fessed up at the GUM clinic and told them I was a swinger and so was asked if I wanted the Hep B jab, which I did. I was just wondering if there are any after effects, as my arm is a bit achy at the mo.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I didn't, all was fine with mine

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep us too , and no probs all swingers should be brave and go have it x

By *awfleshMan  over a year ago

Brixton

Have just had a weekly jab for last two weeks and due one final one. Had no problems. I think there may always been small side effects but better to have the jab than not to.

Just had a bit of a bruised arm after the first jab. Second was trouble free. Not had the third yet.

By *unknSoulCouple  over a year ago

Dumfriesish see

No problems here. Both got done earlier this year at the gum clinic .

Had mine done last year. No problem here

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

no problems with it

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We both had a 3 jab course over 6 months, the worst we had was a dead arm feeling for a day and a half afterwards but that was only once, the rest of the jabs just ached for 3-4 hours.

"We both had a 3 jab course over 6 months, the worst we had was a dead arm feeling for a day and a half afterwards but that was only once, the rest of the jabs just ached for 3-4 hours. "

Yes, that's what I'm getting, the dead arm. Doesn't help that they took the blood for the other tests from my other arm.

We had our third jab of the series a couple of weeks ago (another six months til the next!!).

I had no adverse reactions but it knocked Fox for six, with major stomach pains.

If you look on the NHS website it says 1 in 100 may suffer headaches - and 1 in 10,000 may suffer any one of a long list of possible side effects. Including the ever so descriptive 'generally feeling unwell'!

I had to pay 98quid for mine for work... bugger

"I had to pay 98quid for mine for work... bugger"

Eeek!! I got it and a large bag of Skyns for free. All it cost me was 20mm of blood and my dignity.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Achy arm and that was it

"I had to pay 98quid for mine for work... bugger

Eeek!! I got it and a large bag of Skyns for free. All it cost me was 20mm of blood and my dignity."

You got a better deal.. lol

I had a blood test after the 3 jabs.. needed an extra dose and a further follow up blood test

Call me Naive but i never knew about this..I like this forum lark

Gary

Eeek!! I got it and a large bag of Skyns for free. All it cost me was 20mm of blood and my dignity."

well done

Nette

By *awty bi coupleCouple  over a year ago

Wet Walsall

Was told by the nurse at Chams that I could have the Hep B jab but didn't realise that it came as a course of multiple jabs.

Having a think about this, may even ask the nurse at GP surgery about it before making decision, although I know I probably should have it, even though we don't swing very often.

I think I'm right that GUM do not charge but GPs do.

Bit of a dead arm with mine.

By *ndym12Man  over a year ago

Ivybridge

My GP gave me the jabs for free when I asked as I'm a first aider for work, don't remember any side effects.

I have to have it for work too and mines free!

I'd be checking with your employer, if its required for the job then it should be provided.

I'd be checking with your employer, if its required for the job then it should be provided."

At the time i worked for a private nursing home.. and i had it at my local gp.

I've been through 3 courses of the vaccine, including an accelerated course - it just wont take! My luck!

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

"I've been through 3 courses of the vaccine, including an accelerated course - it just wont take! My luck! "

Hep A & B is free from your local GUM clinic & is a must if you are having sex with multiple partners, the clinic will explain anything you need to know but it is well worth getting guys.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"I've been through 3 courses of the vaccine, including an accelerated course - it just wont take! My luck! "

This happened to Kim & they had to do the course again 3 months later which luckily worked that time.

"No problems here. Both got them done late on last year at the gum clinic ."

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

If it's a requirement for your work then it should be provided through your employer via an occupational health service.

Doctor Nasty

I did have the vaccine when I was in the forces so should have been covered but upon a check they said it wasn't enough to cover me hence having it again

"

I had no adverse reactions but it knocked Fox for six, with major stomach pains.

"

The first one I wad fine, the second iPad swelling on my arm and numbness along with stomach pain/feeling ill, and the third was REALLY bad to the stage where they may not give me the final jab

[Removed by poster at 22/01/14 11:41:58]

"I've been through 3 courses of the vaccine, including an accelerated course - it just wont take! My luck!

This happened to Kim & they had to do the course again 3 months later which luckily worked that time."

I'm what they call a non responder. I work in the health setting so it's a must for me, I had my last course (that didn't respond) in September so have to wait a full year to have another increased dosage that they have suggested. Just the way each individual body works!

I've been for 3 full courses (which the last one was an accelerated one!) so it's all about waiting, and trying again!

"I finally fessed up at the GUM clinic and told them I was a swinger and so was asked if I wanted the Hep B jab, which I did. I was just wondering if there are any after effects, as my arm is a bit achy at the mo."

Did you not ask at the clinic?

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Ive had mine too. I dint get required count,even though I had the booster a few times. Someone on here suggested I asked for a double jab. They wouldnt give me the double whammy. They said I should be covered :-/

Clacton on sea, Essex

"I've been through 3 courses of the vaccine, including an accelerated course - it just wont take! My luck!

This happened to Kim & they had to do the course again 3 months later which luckily worked that time.

I'm what they call a non responder. I work in the health setting so it's a must for me, I had my last course (that didn't respond) in September so have to wait a full year to have another increased dosage that they have suggested. Just the way each individual body works!

I've been for 3 full courses (which the last one was an accelerated one!) so it's all about waiting, and trying again! "

Yes they explained to Kim that not everyone can take the vaccine...fingers crossed for next time xx

Well done!

Hep B is a very serious disease and well worth getting vaccinated. In my country it is part of the national vaccination programme which means all newborns get it. My husband and I as well as our 3 kids are vaccinated and did not suffer any side effects.

"We both had a 3 jab course over 6 months, the worst we had was a dead arm feeling for a day and a half afterwards but that was only once, the rest of the jabs just ached for 3-4 hours. "

Having bumped into you two on many occasions , I can' help but wonder whether the jab may have a psychological effect ?

On a more serious note , other than a few days of the dead arm ... no side effects here

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"

On a more serious note , other than a few days of the dead arm ... no side effects here "

Are you sure it wasn't just a serious case of wankers cramp???

Can you please tell what this jab is for?? I didn't know you could have jabs does it protect you some how? I went to the clinic recently they never offered it to me,

One of the only perks of working for nhs is getting flu jabs and any others needed for free. Most people have a little pain in the injection site for a couple of days but that's it, well done for fessing up. My work colleagues still don't know that I swing.

"Can you please tell what this jab is for?? I didn't know you could have jabs does it protect you some how? I went to the clinic recently they never offered it to me, "

Same here anyone clarify please.

"Can you please tell what this jab is for?? I didn't know you could have jabs does it protect you some how? I went to the clinic recently they never offered it to me, "

It's a course of 3 for immunity against hepatitis B, if you have multiple partners or are a gay man or have sex with bisexual men they should offer it to you, after the course you will have a blood test to see what your titre levels are, if ok, no more needed, if low then a booster will be required. Hope this helps. x

What about if u wear a condom do u still need the jab

"Can you please tell what this jab is for?? I didn't know you could have jabs does it protect you some how? I went to the clinic recently they never offered it to me,

It's a course of 3 for immunity against hepatitis B, if you have multiple partners or are a gay man or have sex with bisexual men they should offer it to you, after the course you will have a blood test to see what your titre levels are, if ok, no more needed, if low then a booster will be required. Hope this helps. x"

I shall be on the phone tomorrow to ask for this,, best be safe even with condoms haha

"What about if u wear a condom do u still need the jab "

It's still recommended as accidents do happen.

"Can you please tell what this jab is for?? I didn't know you could have jabs does it protect you some how? I went to the clinic recently they never offered it to me,

It's a course of 3 for immunity against hepatitis B, if you have multiple partners or are a gay man or have sex with bisexual men they should offer it to you, after the course you will have a blood test to see what your titre levels are, if ok, no more needed, if low then a booster will be required. Hope this helps. x

I shall be on the phone tomorrow to ask for this,, best be safe even with condoms haha"

Definetly will do same.

I shall be on the phone tomorrow to ask for this,, best be safe even with condoms haha"

GP's will charge but GUM clinics don't.

"

The first one I wad fine, the second iPad swelling on my arm and numbness along with stomach pain/feeling ill, and the third was REALLY bad to the stage where they may not give me the final jab "

thought it was a course of 3 jabs?

we have had 2 and next is in february

While I'm here with my nurses head on, does everyone know about PEP? Aimed more at gay men but also available for those who think they may have been exposed to HIV.

"While I'm here with my nurses head on, does everyone know about PEP? Aimed more at gay men but also available for those who think they may have been exposed to HIV."

BUMPITYBUMP

I'd be checking with your employer, if its required for the job then it should be provided.

At the time i worked for a private nursing home.. and i had it at my local gp."

Doesn't matter who you work for, if its required for the job and your safety then the employer should provide it. If I were you I'd be looking for reimbursement.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

HEP A, B and C are easily transferable though any bodily fluid. Kissing, coughing, sneezing and spitting etc... Unlike HIV, HEP can survive outside the human body. If a spot of blood with HIV in it lands on the floor, the HIV will die fairly quickly. HEP on the other hand could still infect a person even if it has dried and then became air bourne as dust... This was what I was told on a 1st aid at work course about 15 years ago...

I think that everyone should get it regardless of swinger or not. Hep B is on the increase massively and has no sypmtoms and is a killer eventually...

Check me out, how fucking miserable am I? Lol.

"I finally fessed up at the GUM clinic and told them I was a swinger and so was asked if I wanted the Hep B jab, which I did. I was just wondering if there are any after effects, as my arm is a bit achy at the mo.

Did you not ask at the clinic?"

He said 'it depends', so he wasn't phenomenally helpful.

I had a first aid refresher this week and they talked about cross infection with hep B and how its passed on, it scared the shit out of me to think all our activities includes many ways hep B is transmitted, how its one of the fastest spreeding infections today and how it can be in our system months before we know.

Im now thinking we both get the jab, he said all first aiders should have the jab so ill use that to save our blushes or am i over reacting

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Had this done too at our local clinic, no side effects at all.

"I finally fessed up at the GUM clinic and told them I was a swinger and so was asked if I wanted the Hep B jab, which I did. I was just wondering if there are any after effects, as my arm is a bit achy at the mo."

I did too!! but I had when I started working for the Nhs, my arm was fine, I'm sure it will pass.

Every swinger here should have one done.

Had my first one in November and next one next week, I didn't get any reaction at all not even tenderness, some people get a red lump x

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Have known a few people get it done in different health authorities and it's been done in different ways - three jabs or two. I had mine over three jabs, two one week apart then 4 weeks til the last. After a month they test your levels to see if you've got the immunity. MMine hadn't. Grr.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Oh and no side effects here

Clacton on sea, Essex

[Removed by poster at 24/01/14 18:50:39]

Clacton on sea, Essex

If you are in the sex industry or having sex with multiple people (swinging) you can get your jabs for free, also condoms, lube, gloves, femidoms etc.

Any responsible adult meeting various partners should get tested every months at least, even if you use condoms it don't protect you against oral infections which are rare but do happen now & again.

Side effects are minimal but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"If you are in the sex industry or having sex with multiple people (swinging) you can get your jabs for free, also condoms, lube, gloves, femidoms etc.

Any responsible adult meeting various partners should get tested every months at least, even if you use condoms it don't protect you against oral infections which are rare but do happen now & again.

Side effects are minimal but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

"

Every 3 months that should say lol!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think if you needed it for work and paid that you could claim it against your tax. I had no problems when I had it but wonder how many dont. There arent many posters paying theyve not done the series yet.

Yep I get my HEP B+C jabs paid through work.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"What about if u wear a condom do u still need the jab "

Hep b is present in all bodily fluids including sweat, saliva and tears and is very transmissible.

So, in theory, if someone's sweat lands in your eye it can spread hep b.

By *eganWhoWoman  over a year ago

Borders

Thanks for this thread

I've never been told about this, will defiantly enquire about getting it done.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"What about if u wear a condom do u still need the jab

Hep b is present in all bodily fluids including sweat, saliva and tears and is very transmissible.

So, in theory, if someone's sweat lands in your eye it can spread hep b. "

Thats right its the easiest way to spread infections though your eyes, thats why spunk in your eyes is dangerous as not only does it sting like fuck its a direct route to your blood stream...wear glasses if doing bukkakes lol.

Clacton on sea, Essex

"I think if you needed it for work and paid that you could claim it against your tax. I had no problems when I had it but wonder how many dont. There arent many posters paying theyve not done the series yet. "

We are tested every 28 days with written certs which we pay £60 a month for but as you say we reclaim it on our tax as its needed for work.

"I've never been told about this, will defiantly enquire about getting it done."

If you go regularly to the GUM and you are honest about your lifestyle they normally offer it. They deserve slapped wrists for not.

I had the quick set of injections,last year at clinic only to be told I am '0' as u have a blood test to see if it has taken

So I had to have the longer course of injections over 6mths,last one due to be given couple months I think.

I had no problems with any the injections,just i didn't take to the quickie set of injections

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I had to have mine dine twice as it didn't take first time.

Achey arm is normal. The clinic really should have told you any possible side effects. If youare ooverly worried then you should give them a ring x

[Removed by poster at 25/01/14 12:15:00]

I've been for 3 full courses (which the last one was an accelerated one!) so it's all about waiting, and trying again! "

Does this mean that this next course I'm on may not respond,my clinic said I was an unusual case lol as most people get at least a '1' or '2'

Yes me too

Clacton on sea, Essex

Yes me too "

Try claiming it against your tax as you would if you needed special clothing for your job etc.

Clacton on sea, Essex

I've been for 3 full courses (which the last one was an accelerated one!) so it's all about waiting, and trying again!

Does this mean that this next course I'm on may not respond,my clinic said I was an unusual case lol as most people get at least a '1' or '2' "

Yes it don't always take, if it does its a bonus & if not least you have tried x.

Does this mean that this next course I'm on may not respond,my clinic said I was an unusual case lol as most people get at least a '1' or '2'

Yes it don't always take, if it does its a bonus & if not least you have tried x. "

I shall probably try a 3rd time if it dosent,I'm on a higher course so hoping it will be fine this time

By *urvywelshCouple  over a year ago

Everywhere and nowhere baby

My GUM clinic told me that the older you are then the less chance of it taking. But my tests showed I have some immunity anyway.

Rgeat, informative, thread. Thanks!

Appointment next week. Will ask about this.

» Add a new message to this topic