FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > time wasters

time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubik cube OP   Man  over a year ago

Near Liverpool

Why on earth are there time wasters?

The reason I ask, at the weekend got chatting to a woman 30 miles away and was getting on well. Upon which she suggested for me to go to hers, to which I agreed. I was given her postcode and entered it into my Sat nav and set of. When I arrived at her house after messaging what was going to be the scenario on the way only to find as soon as I said "right I'm here now which house is it" only to find she's decided to go offline with no further response.

Driving an Audi Q7 cost me around £ 25 for a wasted trip. Is there any advice on spotting time wasters?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, chat for longer, chat on the phone and a always have a social meet half way first! Was she verified?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Did you speak on the phone?

By *entleman JackMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

It wasn't a wasted trip..........

It was a "learning experience", and one to shrug off, smile, and put it behind you!

When going to a meet expect nothing, just a drive out and a coffee somewhere instead of sitting in watching the telly.

The more effort you put in, the more you get out.

Maybe the lady simply got cold feet, nerves.....

Oh dear. Unfortunately it happens. It's not right but there's a lot going on.

Chalk it up to experience and report the profile (and buy a small runaround for occasions like these

Near Liverpool

"Yes, chat for longer, chat on the phone and a always have a social meet half way first! Was she verified? "

She had a verification by a meet

Near Liverpool

"Did you speak on the phone?"

No we didn't unfortunately

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Did you speak on the phone?

No we didn't unfortunately"

Then maybe thats one to not do again.

You have to be careful on the net, some people are fakes and will mess people about, and not just on this site and if we were meeting couples or women we would have a phone call and a cam to show face on before leaving the house.

Report the profile just incase it is fake and let Admin take a look

Sorry to hear you've been messed around, I've heard many other similar stories, sad how people can do that to others. You say you messaged to say you were there but she'd gone offline. Does this mean you didn't have her number? I've arranged meets with guys who were clearly reluctant to give out their number and for this reason I didn't pursue it. Having been mucked about at hotel meets I always meet socially first now, genuine people are happy to do that.

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

No we didn't unfortunately"

Sorry to be the one who says it but the only one that wasted your time was yourself. You shouldn't believe anyone on the Internet is who they say they are and driving 30 miles at the drop of a hat cause you're horny is a rookie mistake. Phone calls and social meets are the best way to avoid disappointment.

bet you wont do that again.

let brain in head negotiate, not brain in pants.

get a cheaper swinging car lol

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Chalk it down to experience and learn from it! Next time use your head and not the one in your trousers.

Not everyone is who and want they say....

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Is she still a site user buddy?

Ive never travelled before chatting on the phone

Near Liverpool

"Is she still a site user buddy?

Ive never travelled before chatting on the phone "

She is also she is a gold member with two verifications by meets. Defiantly taking your advise on a phone chatting. Although the same could still happen even after physically chatting.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

You can also check addresses on google earth or bing streetside, make sure they are what they are supposed to be, not the local chinese laundry!

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

As she explained why it was a no go??

"Is she still a site user buddy?

Ive never travelled before chatting on the phone

She is also she is a gold member with two verifications by meets. Defiantly taking your advise on a phone chatting. Although the same could still happen even after physically chatting. "

Gold membership means nothing - even so called 'timewasters' can afford a fiver!

Were the veri's recent? Did you check the profiles of those that left them? You can often spot suspicious patterns - i.e they only have one veri themselves, often webcam.

At the end of the day - not a nice experience - but one that you could have done more to avoid. A phone call. Getting a full address rather than just a postcode. Webcam perhaps.

Common sense and a little more homework would have saved you £25!

lol wonder how many threads of timewasters we get a week.

This is why I don't take my Aston to meets anymore...

Near Liverpool

"As she explained why it was a no go??"

I asked for an explanation but message just deleted without being read

Nasty disrespectful thing to do to someone. Report her and move on.

You wasted your own time. Travelling to meet someone you haven't even met socially before, Fter a bit of messaging with no phone number or concrete address is just foolish.

Report her and learn from it.

I'm not saying what this woman has done is excusable but you should follow what's there in black and white in your own profile....you say you prefer a social meet first. I hate this expression but you should practice what you preach.

If nothing else, you will have learned a lesson.....an unfortunate one

"This is why I don't take my Aston to meets anymore... "

I agree , my Bugatti veron uses a lot of fuel as well

No we didn't unfortunately

Sorry to be the one who says it but the only one that wasted your time was yourself. You shouldn't believe anyone on the Internet is who they say they are and driving 30 miles at the drop of a hat cause you're horny is a rookie mistake. Phone calls and social meets are the best way to avoid disappointment. "

"As she explained why it was a no go??

I asked for an explanation but message just deleted without being read"

Sounds a bit 'Crying Game' to me!

*and if you've not seen the film - spoiler alert! She's a he!

"Why on earth are there time wasters?

The reason I ask, at the weekend got chatting to a woman 30 miles away and was getting on well. Upon which she suggested for me to go to hers, to which I agreed. I was given her postcode and entered it into my Sat nav and set of. When I arrived at her house after messaging what was going to be the scenario on the way only to find as soon as I said "right I'm here now which house is it" only to find she's decided to go offline with no further response.

Driving an Audi Q7 cost me around £ 25 for a wasted trip. Is there any advice on spotting time wasters? "

The biggest error I can see here is the fact that you appear to have set off without having her full address; I'd never leave without that. I'd always try and have a mobile number to contact as well just in case of not being able to find the house etc., although I've met someone before who just never gives their number out and everything went fine anyway. Regarding verifications, far too many people seem to get hung up on this. I've used various sites on and off over the last few years and had plenty of successful meets without the use of veris. This is the only site I've used that has them. I've also never done social meets first, as I simply find them unnecessary. You just need to spend the right amount of time chatting and working out what the other person's like and to understand what you're both after, whether that's as friends first or simply someone who wants to have a good hard one-off fuck! Generally speaking, if you listen to your intuition it turns out right, whether that means meeting or not.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"This is why I don't take my Aston to meets anymore...

I agree , my Bugatti veron uses a lot of fuel as well "

Not as much as my helicopter!

To the OP - you could message for months, chat on the phone, Skype and webcam to your hearts content yet she still could have changed her mind. It was pants of her to do so the way she did, but never put yourself out of pocket for a meet. Next time, social first!

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Yes, chat for longer, chat on the phone and a always have a social meet half way first! Was she verified?

She had a verification by a meet"

One verification does not a genuine user make!

You are only genuine when you turn up I guess no matter how many verifications a person has. Social meets are the way to go for me

"Why on earth are there time wasters?

Driving an Audi Q7 cost me around £ 25 for a wasted trip. Is there any advice on spotting time wasters? "

Did you just name drop a car?

Thats why I dont meet anyone more than 2 miles so easy to walk home lol.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think you have lots of advice now so will shut this.

Don't forget to report.