FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > What defines a swinger?

What defines a swinger?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensual relaxation OP   Man  over a year ago

south east

As you can see I am single, no hidden partner and dont pretend to have. I meet many different sorts of ppl, singles and couples. Some of the couples I have met enjoy playing together, whereas some enoy their partner only playing, but with them present, getting their enjoyment from watching their partner having fun. I have been lucky in that everyone I have met have been lovely and I have enjoyed the meets, but I do get a lot of mails saying that ' you are not a swinger' as I dont have a partner myself, and that I am on the wrong site!

Anyway, my question is, what about the couples I do meet? Does that mean they are not swingers also? And if I am not as they say a 'swinger' what is my correct title?

I am not looking for a long term partner, so dont treat it as a dating site, and am not just looking for sex as with many meets I have neither are the ppl I meet. So am I as some say ' not a swinger' and consequently on 'the wrong site' ?

Oh ps, I am not thinking of being bullied off here due to some ppls opinion, but just interested to know if its the majorities opinion also

Thanx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

IMO people 'swing' for different reasons therefore there isn't a concrete definition of one. Some would say I shouldn't be swinging as I am married but have a single profile. My hubby knows and has no issue with it but some on here would throw me into a pit of lions for having a single profile. There is no option for married but playing alone. If you're happy in what you get from this site that's all that matters.

By *ayandess1Couple  over a year ago

bridgwater

IMHO swingers are a couple who are together and committed to eachother who look outside their relationship for mutually agreed sexual playtimes.

Everyone else - plays with swingers.

Xxxx

south east

Hi, yes I am happy, and have had the pleasure of meeting some lovely ppl while on here

I do understand that the labels some put on others are exactly that, just labels! and they are in the minority, but dont understand why to them the

'label' is more important than the person itself?

Thanks tho for your positive reply

south east

That does make sense as a 'title' for me.

Thanks

"Hi, yes I am happy, and have had the pleasure of meeting some lovely ppl while on here

I do understand that the labels some put on others are exactly that, just labels! and they are in the minority, but dont understand why to them the

'label' is more important than the person itself?

Thanks tho for your positive reply "

your welcome Hun

"IMHO swingers are a couple who are together and committed to eachother who look outside their relationship for mutually agreed sexual playtimes.

Everyone else - plays with swingers.

Xxxx"

So if a single man and single woman play together they aren't swingers? Confused

By *ayandess1Couple  over a year ago

bridgwater

That would be fuck buddies - friends with benifits etc. Just as a woman who's married but plays alone would be an open relationship.

I believe the term swingers refers only to couples who play with other couples.

Of course the internet and contact mags etc have blurred that quite a bit, but in its purest form its what I discribed in my previous post.

But then its only a word, and words evolve.

Gay used to mean happy!

That's a tough one - when do two single people start to count as a couple, and therefore as swingers?

I'm happy to be counted as "attached and plays with swingers".

"That would be fuck buddies - friends with benifits etc. Just as a woman who's married but plays alone would be an open relationship.

I believe the term swingers refers only to couples who play with other couples.

Of course the internet and contact mags etc have blurred that quite a bit, but in its purest form its what I discribed in my previous post.

But then its only a word, and words evolve.

Gay used to mean happy! "

To me fuck buddies implies that it's a regular thing not a one off or a couple of meets. Anyhoo everyone has their own ideas on definition and as long as it's mutual and no one gets hurt then it's all good

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

From my point of view its simply a mindset.

Some say this is a sex site, some say its a swinging site.

Im a swinger simples

People worry too much about labels and definitions.

I don't buy in to the belief that only couples can be swingers. But equally I'm not convinced that a single person who solely meets other single people and has no interest in clubs or socials is a swinger. And joining this site certainly doesn't make someone a swinger

south east

south east

"People worry too much about labels and definitions.

I don't buy in to the belief that only couples can be swingers. But equally I'm not convinced that a single person who solely meets other single people and has no interest in clubs or socials is a swinger. And joining this site certainly doesn't make someone a swinger"

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

For me and only me, not speaking for anyone else or asking anyone to agree with me so please don't take it personally to you if you are a single playing with singles...but swinging for me is group sex, whatever the combination.

Like you OP we got told we were not swingers because we don't swop partners, but I don't think that matters as long as we are having fun

What a swinger was 10 years ago is very different from a 2014 swinger. The whole scene has evolved over the years and with the advent of the internet and far more singles play now. It just seems small minded and yesteryear to believe its mainly a couples thing its a state of mind for us not someone who can tick on 8 out of 10 boxes on someones score sheet.

By *oodles948Man  over a year ago

Stoke on trent

I wish I could call myself a swinger,,,,just seem to be a deleted message for me haha, I do try to be what people are looking for, and polite n non pushy.

south east

Well 'swinger' by definition or not, I enjoy being on this site, and getting to meet so many lovely, genuine people whos labels or titles as being swingers are as up in the air as mine

Some do find labeling as one of the most important activities on here, but to me its probably the last thing that I take notice of. Someone who is polite, genuine and happy being top of my list when chatting, and who knows, meeting

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

What puddin, wheels and rugby said

well, seeing as we dont meet people for 'sex' then we dont see this as a sex site.

the old definition of swingers is wife swappers.

that, however, has changed over the years.

however, being single and looking for sex, also doesnt say you are definitely a swinger, as otherwise everyone who gets a d*unken fumble at the end of a saturday night would be so.

as has been said, it has to be a mindset.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"People worry too much about labels and definitions.

I don't buy in to the belief that only couples can be swingers. But equally I'm not convinced that a single person who solely meets other single people and has no interest in clubs or socials is a swinger. And joining this site certainly doesn't make someone a swinger"

This pretty much sums it up for us.

» Add a new message to this topic