FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Church.

Church.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whenever i walk past a church i feel horny and think about having sex in a church with someone who isnt a swinger, someone who is very respectable, a church goer or a vicar or priest, would it be wrong to have sex in a church if nobody else was in their at the time?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just Yes.

"Whenever i walk past a church i feel horny and think about having sex in a church with someone who isnt a swinger, someone who is very respectable, a church goer or a vicar or priest, would it be wrong to have sex in a church if nobody else was in their at the time?"

I'm a raging heathen and even I would find it disrespectful to be honest...

What do think graveyards are for?

Totally fine, and corrupting innocents is always a good thought too.

but why does there have to be no one around!

Yes and I speak as a fallen Christian and Church goer. I still have a sense of awe and humility when in any religious building. Respect the faith and beliefs of others and respect the sanctity of religious buildings.

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

While I have no wish to offend anybody; I believe that religion (all) is a total con. Therefore a church is merely a mostly empty public building with an open door. As such if truly empty a great place for a crafty shag .

Go for it!

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

If there is no-one else there, of course it would be totally fine.

And wonderful acoustics!

I was recently involved with a very god bothering christian. She was a dirty dirty girl. As for inside a house of worship.

NO NO NO.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"While I have no wish to offend anybody; I believe that religion (all) is a total con. Therefore a church is merely a mostly empty public building with an open door. As such if truly empty a great place for a crafty shag .

Go for it!

"

So, whilst you have your own beliefs about religion and what it and it's symbols mean to you, you'd have no respect for other people's beliefs?

I don't believe in Barney the Dinosaur but I wouldn't have a wank over my grand daughter's toys!

"What do think graveyards are for?"

Stiffs

Bristol

Have people not read the OP's post? She asked if it would be okay if there were no-one else around.

Ergo, you can't offend someone else's beliefs, because they don't know anything has happened.

So unless you leave a condom wrapper in the font or something, you're golden.

Hinckley

How ridiculous! You could use that argument for any moral dilemma in existence.

Find something that you hold sacred (not in a religious sense) and I'll tell you I pissed all over it but you didn't know, so it doesn't matter.

Bristol

And you would be right.

If you can explain how you can be offended by something that you have no knowledge of, we're all ears

"While I have no wish to offend anybody; I believe that religion (all) is a total con. Therefore a church is merely a mostly empty public building with an open door. As such if truly empty a great place for a crafty shag .

Go for it!

So, whilst you have your own beliefs about religion and what it and it's symbols mean to you, you'd have no respect for other people's beliefs?

I don't believe in Barney the Dinosaur but I wouldn't have a wank over my grand daughter's toys!"

WTF Barney isn't REAL !!!!!! Who Where, When, How ?????

"Whenever i walk past a church i feel horny and think about having sex in a church with someone who isnt a swinger, someone who is very respectable, a church goer or a vicar or priest, would it be wrong to have sex in a church if nobody else was in their at the time?"

Go for it , I have sent you a priv mail of a likely candidate

By *nvercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

I love you You love me

We're a happy swinging family

"I love you You love me

We're a happy swinging family "

Woking-ish

Just for laughs, before you get too indignant , to those who are not believers, a church is just another public building, paid for not by the church but members of the public in the locality (usually) who had an interest (forced or otherwise) in the goings on in that particular religion.

My encouragement of a sexual act inside such a building does not insult or trample on the beliefs of others because there was no witnesses to be insulted or trampled. It would be exactly the same as having sex in the (empty House of Commons) or on stage at Guildford Tech which I can guarantee insulted nobody as it was me (the guildford tech one)!

Assuming the sneaky shaggers leave no trace and do no damage there cannot be anything wrong. There is no correlation between this and wanking over your grand-daughters toys which is sick and also potentially dangerous (infections etc) and does leave a trace and or damage.

As an atheist a chuch/graveyard is no different to any other building, although hotels are far more comfortable.

Go for it if it turns you on...somebody will give you the willies if its haunted or not lol

"I was recently involved with a very god bothering christian. She was a dirty dirty girl. As for inside a house of worship.

NO NO NO. "

Errr, I was involved with a vicars wife

In my defence - didn't know she was one at the time (not that it would have made a difference!)

Perhaps a good time would have been over Christmas at midnight mass get the vicar to amend to the words to

Oh cum all ye unfaithfull lol

I have up the font " god forgive me" the church door was open and the vicar in the confession box, the thrill I will never forget.

Nette

I suspect you think it would be wrong or you wouldn't be asking. If it's an itch you need to scratch, why not try a fetish club and get someone to dress as a priest and fuck you while reciting the psalms

Hinckley

"Just for laughs, before you get too indignant , to those who are not believers, a church is just another public building, paid for not by the church but members of the public in the locality (usually) who had an interest (forced or otherwise) in the goings on in that particular religion.

My encouragement of a sexual act inside such a building does not insult or trample on the beliefs of others because there was no witnesses to be insulted or trampled. It would be exactly the same as having sex in the (empty House of Commons) or on stage at Guildford Tech which I can guarantee insulted nobody as it was me (the guildford tech one)!

Assuming the sneaky shaggers leave no trace and do no damage there cannot be anything wrong. There is no correlation between this and wanking over your grand-daughters toys which is sick and also potentially dangerous (infections etc) and does leave a trace and or damage."

We'll agree to disagree on that. The no witnesses argument doesn't wash with me, I'm afraid, as it's more to do with respecting people and their beliefs, whether they witness it or not.

Same reason I wouldn't have a piss up a cenotaph, even if there were no witnesses.

incidentally , for the record, I'm as agnostic as they come!

Hinckley

"I have up the font " god forgive me" the church door was open and the vicar in the confession box, the thrill I will never forget.

Nette"

Proddy's don't do confession do they? I thought confession was strictly the domain of the Left-Footers?

Or did you mean priest, not vicar

Would it be ok if, like me, she had no respect for any religion and peoples subsequent faith?

"I have up the font " god forgive me" the church door was open and the vicar in the confession box, the thrill I will never forget.

Nette

Proddy's don't do confession do they? I thought confession was strictly the domain of the Left-Footers?

Or did you mean priest, not vicar"

it was either I could hear mumbling unless it was me

I thought every1 was supposed to be welcome in gods house/ church ? Or does that only count if u conform to societies norms ??

Hinckley

"Would it be ok if, like me, she had no respect for any religion and peoples subsequent faith?"

Why would you not respect peoples faith, or religion,or that matter? Does it do you any harm if people take comfort in religion?

Or are you just the ant-religion version of the Glock-toting bedroom warrior over in The Lounge?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

My encouragement of a sexual act inside such a building does not insult or trample on the beliefs of others because there was no witnesses to be insulted or trampled.

"

Ah, but this merely shows you do not understand their beliefs. In their belief it would indeed be a disrespectful 'trespass' at the very least. In the views of most religions sex is a spiritual act and therefore has a meaning and a consequence whether witnessed by others or not.

By *otTheReal01Man  over a year ago

London

"Would it be ok if, like me, she had no respect for any religion and peoples subsequent faith?

Why would you not respect peoples faith, or religion,or that matter? Does it do you any harm if people take comfort in religion?"

The fact that it doesn't do us harm (although that's another debate entirely) doesn't mean we have to respect it. Laugh at it? Sure. Respect? No.

"Would it be ok if, like me, she had no respect for any religion and peoples subsequent faith?

Why would you not respect peoples faith, or religion,or that matter? Does it do you any harm if people take comfort in religion?

Let's look at it this way!

The fact that it doesn't do us harm (although that's another debate entirely) doesn't mean we have to respect it. Laugh at it? Sure. Respect? No."

I am Catholic but I live under the rule that I respect and value peoples beliefs and opinions and in no way press my beliefs on them. I do find your vendetta against religion could be handled in a more mature fashion. Its just about being a decent human being and respecting other peoples values.

The fact that it doesn't do us harm (although that's another debate entirely) doesn't mean we have to respect it. Laugh at it? Sure. Respect? No.

I am Catholic but I live under the rule that I respect and value peoples beliefs and opinions and in no way press my beliefs on them. I do find your vendetta against religion could be handled in a more mature fashion. Its just about being a decent human being and respecting other peoples values."

Will you respect my belief that the magic roundabout really exists?

Hinckley

I am Catholic but I live under the rule that I respect and value peoples beliefs and opinions and in no way press my beliefs on them. I do find your vendetta against religion could be handled in a more mature fashion. Its just about being a decent human being and respecting other peoples values."

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Go for it!

I don't believe in Barney the Dinosaur but I wouldn't have a wank over my grand daughter's toys!"

Isn't that out of respect for your granddaughter rather than respect for Barney?

I am Catholic but I live under the rule that I respect and value peoples beliefs and opinions and in no way press my beliefs on them. I do find your vendetta against religion could be handled in a more mature fashion. Its just about being a decent human being and respecting other peoples values. Will you respect my belief that the magic roundabout really exists?"

Taking that to the extreme there my son but I would. Well all know that its made up but Wombles of Wimbledon exist.

"I thought every1 was supposed to be welcome in gods house/ church ? Or does that only count if u conform to societies norms ??"

Yes every one is welcome in gods house. That dosnt mean welcome to get laid in it.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm not religious but a firm believer of propriety: I'd not fuck in my daughters bed, church, my front step...time and place!

Would have a go...

The fact that it doesn't do us harm (although that's another debate entirely) doesn't mean we have to respect it. Laugh at it? Sure. Respect? No."

Why laugh at it ?

As a flag flying, card carrying atheist one of the things that really annoys me is how many religious people find it so easy to get offended.

Having said that I couldn't blame them if they found this idea offensive.

In exactly the same way as if somebody used my front lawn for a fuck.

"I thought every1 was supposed to be welcome in gods house/ church ? Or does that only count if u conform to societies norms ??

Yes every one is welcome in gods house. That dosnt mean welcome to get laid in it. "

Why not tho, if ur welcome to be there and its not being used by any1 else at that time, then doesnt that imply ur welcome to do what u want thee as long as its not causing harm to any1 else ?

I say this as catholic having been taught that every1 is welcome at church and that sex is an act encouraged by the religion.

But also having studied sociology and expections of social norms and boundaries

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Convert to paganism. Everyone bonks in stone circles eventually.

"I thought every1 was supposed to be welcome in gods house/ church ? Or does that only count if u conform to societies norms ??

Yes every one is welcome in gods house. That dosnt mean welcome to get laid in it.

Why not tho, if ur welcome to be there and its not being used by any1 else at that time, then doesnt that imply ur welcome to do what u want thee as long as its not causing harm to any1 else ?

I say this as catholic having been taught that every1 is welcome at church and that sex is an act encouraged by the religion.

But also having studied sociology and expections of social norms and boundaries "

I think we are using the term "Everyone is welcome" too loosely! You receive an invite to a house party (none swingers) "Everyone welcome" doesn't mean you go there and do whatever the fuck you want? Even if no-one was about because you are a guest in their house and respect their rules? Same applies.

"As a flag flying, card carrying atheist one of the things that really annoys me is how many religious people find it so easy to get offended.

In exactly the same way as if somebody used my front lawn for a fuck."

Ok, for example u hosted a private swingers party at ur house, expecting guests to stay indoors, but not clarifying this with each guest. Of then some guests.decided to use the outside patio instead would it be wrong of them because it wasn't socially acceptable and not ur intended outcome for the party ??

"As a flag flying, card carrying atheist one of the things that really annoys me is how many religious people find it so easy to get offended.

Ok, for example u hosted a private swingers party at ur house, expecting guests to stay indoors, but not clarifying this with each guest. Of then some guests.decided to use the outside patio instead would it be wrong of them because it wasn't socially acceptable and not ur intended outcome for the party ?? "

Sorry I fail to see the point on this?

"Convert to paganism. Everyone bonks in stone circles eventually. "

London

Ok, for example u hosted a private swingers party at ur house, expecting guests to stay indoors, but not clarifying this with each guest. Of then some guests.decided to use the outside patio instead would it be wrong of them because it wasn't socially acceptable and not ur intended outcome for the party ?? "

I suppose it's down to individual sense of decency. If I invited people to my home for a party and they had no self control or respect for my home and snuck off for a fuck, I'd at least hope they wouldn't do it in the nursery on the Hello Kitty rug, but going by some of the responses on here...

Ok, for example u hosted a private swingers party at ur house, expecting guests to stay indoors, but not clarifying this with each guest. Of then some guests.decided to use the outside patio instead would it be wrong of them because it wasn't socially acceptable and not ur intended outcome for the party ??

Sorry I fail to see the point on this? "

Well every1 is welcome, but who sets the rules on what is allowed or acceptable ? If whoever is opening the doors isn't managing the issue then it up to moral / personal choice how to use the place

But also having studied sociology and expections of social norms and boundaries "

It's a question of respect just because someone isn't using it dosnt mean you can have sex in it. Have respect for others and what they beleve

I have done and very naughty but very nice

London

Why laugh at it ? "

Because it's a bit of a joke really. Of course if people want to be religious that's up to them (as long as they don't push it on me or anybody else, or use it as an excuse to blow stuff up, commit murder or burn people alive etc). I have no problem with spirituality if that's your thing, it's just when organised religion gets involved it all goes to Hell.

To quote Anthrax: "Everybody has the right to suck if they want to."

Woking-ish

So if I have to have respect for others beliefs then I have to have respect for every aspect of the talliban, and various groups of jihadist .

So everybody stand by that wall over there I have a religious ritual to carry out with this machine gun.

Really you should think about what you write sometimes.

I dont think it seems such a bad thing to do but then it wouldnt be good if everyone wanted to do it.

I was just thinking about that ken russel film the devils, the nuns in the church.

"So if I have to have respect for others beliefs then I have to have respect for every aspect of the talliban, and various groups of jihadist .

So everybody stand by that wall over there I have a religious ritual to carry out with this machine gun.

"

I wouldn't go and fuck In they're holy place though.this is about is it ok to use a church of screw not terrorists

"So if I have to have respect for others beliefs then I have to have respect for every aspect of the talliban, and various groups of jihadist .

I wouldn't go and fuck In they're holy place though.this is about is it ok to use a church of screw not terrorists "

I agree and think this has now become a religious debate rather than the OPs original question being answered. Pandoras box really.

I wouldn't go and fuck In they're holy place though.this is about is it ok to use a church of screw not terrorists

I agree and think this has now become a religious debate rather than the OPs original question being answered. Pandoras box really."

Thank you not interested in religion as such just beleve something's deserve respecting

In all honesty, and I'm probably going to get slated for this, I have a total of zero respect for religion and religious beliefs.

Shag in a church by all means.

Why should I respect religion?

I respect the ability of people to think for themselves, and I respect people. How can I respect a nonsensical idea which has no scientific basis? Why should I respect the idea that wailing and incantations is going to bend the laws of physics, when it never does? Why should I respect an idea with zero evidence? Would anyone respect my idea of the race of magic unicorns that exist on the rings of Saturn and are friends with the space going dolphins? No, I'd likely be branded a lunatic. Believing in things for which there is zero evidence is an absurdity, and shows a lack of critical thought.

That aside, I think religion, particularly Abrahamic faiths are pretty abhorrent. The Bible is a foul book full of incest, infanticide, genocide, regressive morality, absurdity, sexism, xenophobia, bigotry, condones slavery and is about a jealous, malevolent, vain and sadistic sky man. Oh, and there are thousands of editions all claiming to be true. Trust me, I've read it. One version, anyway.

I'm currently reading the Qur'an bit by bit, but that's another horrific book. Kill the non believer. Kill the gays. Kill the apostate etc.

Well, sod that, I'm better than that. I am morally better than all the Gods I've looked at in detail so far, and I make no bones about it. I tell my religious friends they're better than their gods too, because they are.

I truly believe the world would be better without religion. Some say atheists have nothing to live for, I say we have nothing to die for. Frankly, I will not bend and accept superstition and respect it. I'll never lend it any credibility. I am a man of science, logic and reason and I accept the harsh yet inescapable reality that this is my one life, and that's all I get. I'm grateful enough for this life, I'm not shallow enough to think I deserve or will have another.

In the words of Nietzsche "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith proves nothing"

If anyone else has recognised my beliefs, yes, I am a New Atheist, A Hitchensian Anti Theist, a secular transhumanist - and I have no time for the cults of death that attempt to bend and break science, deny evolution and try to stop progress and that really, really pisses me off.

So by all means, bang away!

"In all honesty, and I'm probably going to get slated for this, I have a total of zero respect for religion and religious beliefs.

I respect the ability of people to think for themselves, and I respect people. How can I respect a nonsensical idea which has no scientific basis? Why should I respect the idea that wailing and incantations is going to bend the laws of physics, when it never does? Why should I respect an idea with zero evidence? Would anyone respect my idea of the race of magic unicorns that exist on the rings of Saturn and are friends with the space going dolphins? No, I'd likely be branded a lunatic. Believing in things for which there is zero evidence is an absurdity, and shows a lack of critical thought.

That aside, I think religion, particularly Abrahamic faiths are pretty abhorrent. The Bible is a foul book full of incest, infanticide, genocide, regressive morality, absurdity, sexism, xenophobia, bigotry, condones slavery and is about a jealous, malevolent, vain and sadistic sky man. Oh, and there are thousands of editions all claiming to be true. Trust me, I've read it. One version, anyway.

I'm currently reading the Qur'an bit by bit, but that's another horrific book. Kill the non believer. Kill the gays. Kill the apostate etc.

Well, sod that, I'm better than that. I am morally better than all the Gods I've looked at in detail so far, and I make no bones about it. I tell my religious friends they're better than their gods too, because they are.

I truly believe the world would be better without religion. Some say atheists have nothing to live for, I say we have nothing to die for. Frankly, I will not bend and accept superstition and respect it. I'll never lend it any credibility. I am a man of science, logic and reason and I accept the harsh yet inescapable reality that this is my one life, and that's all I get. I'm grateful enough for this life, I'm not shallow enough to think I deserve or will have another.

In the words of Nietzsche "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith proves nothing"

If anyone else has recognised my beliefs, yes, I am a New Atheist, A Hitchensian Anti Theist, a secular transhumanist - and I have no time for the cults of death that attempt to bend and break science, deny evolution and try to stop progress and that really, really pisses me off.

So by all means, bang away!"

Please see my previous statement! I fail to see how this has helped the OP with her decision? By all means start a new thread to debate religion.

"In all honesty, and I'm probably going to get slated for this, I have a total of zero respect for religion and religious beliefs.

Please see my previous statement! I fail to see how this has helped the OP with her decision? By all means start a new thread to debate religion."

Err....what he said!

Woking-ish

Please see my previous statement! I fail to see how this has helped the OP with her decision? By all means start a new thread to debate religion."

It has everything to do with the OP's question , he adds some colour (quite a lot) but in case you didn't read it he said go ahead!

To my mind taking the opportunity is naughty but doesn't disrespect the people who consider the building sacred. Its a little selfish to have a shag in a place where you might get caught, but I will guarantee that the OP wouldn't be the first to do it in that particular building. After all the vicar/priest has probably done a lot worse already!!

Brilliantly My thoughts exactly although could not have put in such a concise manner thanks and well written

Sex with a vicar is one of my fantasies. Lol. Maybe something to do with the fact I had a 9 month relationship with an American Pastor years ago! X

I'm sure it's been done before! As an atheist it wouldn't bother me at all, but can see the kink in it and has now become 1 of of my fantasies too! Thank you

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS  over a year ago

Bolton

Wonder why confession boxes were invented?

"Wonder why confession boxes were invented?

"

The 1st glory hole??

I am an atheist but i like being in a church, i used to enjoy going when i was a kid. i like the smell and everything looks so nice.

"Sex with a vicar is one of my fantasies. Lol. Maybe something to do with the fact I had a 9 month relationship with an American Pastor years ago! X "
I dont care where the Pastor comes from as long as its nice with my Spag Boll lol

Science is a mere infant. One day there will be evidence but for now we have quantum physics and faith.

Try Hinduism.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I am an atheist but i like being in a church, i used to enjoy going when i was a kid. i like the smell and everything looks so nice."

would you feel ok if someone with a scat fetish popped in to your house and shat wherever..?

i think the line between morality and 'i want' is often blurred..

respecting others beliefs raises us above fuckwittery as usual exhibited by some on this thread..

Woking-ish

Somebody coming into your home and having a shirt Is criminal damage and nothing like the same thing as the OP's point. If anybody is guilty of fuckwhwittery might be the person in your mirror.

If it upsets you to imagine the scenario I'm sorry but calling others silly names is IMHO worse than your perceived slight. You are of course free to hold whatever opinion you like but trying to prevent others expressing theirs by feigning offence is not reasonable.

Woking-ish

That should read 'having a shit' not shirt...... bloody phone.

"That should read 'having a shit' not shirt...... bloody phone."

I liked the original

"Somebody coming into your home and having a shirt Is criminal damage and nothing like the same thing as the OP's point. If anybody is guilty of fuckwhwittery might be the person in your mirror.

If it upsets you to imagine the scenario I'm sorry but calling others silly names is IMHO worse than your perceived slight. You are of course free to hold whatever opinion you like but trying to prevent others expressing theirs by feigning offence is not reasonable.

"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Somebody coming into your home and having a shirt Is criminal damage and nothing like the same thing as the OP's point. If anybody is guilty of fuckwhwittery might be the person in your mirror.

"

perhaps it was not the best example to use however for some who are believers and for whom a church is a place of solitude, peace and reflection the offence they may feel would be immense..

i dont do upset by others life styles etc, been around long enough not to be surprised..

though thanks for trying to second guess my thought process..

a bit of mutual respect and empathy for others would not hurt many on here who seem to think what 'they' want and deem acceptable just is'nt or may not be to others outside this aspect..

opinions i'm sure your aware are like arse holes..

where btw do we draw the line as to what is acceptable in allowing folks to express their opinions..?

do we allow a free for all and anything goes..?

Woking-ish

On this I think we agree where to set and who sets them is a whole different subject !!!!!!

Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about

Religion has been fucking people for years so why not!

"Religion has been fucking people for years so why not! "

Also brings a lot of people peace so who are we to say that's wrong? Live and let live

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about "

Its an "empty" church, who are they disrespecting?...the walls?

Its only a building....

Having said that.....A church IS supposed to welcome families and people of all ages, and i don't think its appropriate to be shagging when kids can freely walk in!

[Removed by poster at 10/01/14 16:41:18]

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about

Its only a building....

Having said that.....A church IS supposed to welcome families and people of all ages, and i don't think its appropriate to be shagging when kids can freely walk in! "

As I said the potential to cause upset my house is empty at times but I don't want people just coming in and shaging in it

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

You'd probably be pretty pissed off if you came home and found someone sat in your front room talking to their imaginary friend as well so that doesn't really work, does it?

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about

Its only a building....

Having said that.....A church IS supposed to welcome families and people of all ages, and i don't think its appropriate to be shagging when kids can freely walk in!

As I said the potential to cause upset my house is empty at times but I don't want people just coming in and shaging in it "

But "your house" aint open to the public is it?

People who believe in an imaginary friend in the sky should be monitored by a mental health expert. It would be a great place to get naughty

Its only a building....

As I said the potential to cause upset my house is empty at times but I don't want people just coming in and shaging in it

But "your house" aint open to the public is it? "

Nether are a lot of churches any more old days doors open for all to find peace and solice now doors locked apart from services wonder why ??

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about "
soiled clothing and used condoms would be unwelcome wherever they are discarded, whether that be in a church, a beauty spot, beach, car park etc.

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about soiled clothing and used condoms would be unwelcome wherever they are discarded, whether that be in a church, a beauty spot, beach, car park etc. "

Very true but it happens

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about soiled clothing and used condoms would be unwelcome wherever they are discarded, whether that be in a church, a beauty spot, beach, car park etc.

Very true but it happens "

yes it does but my point is its not worse being discarded in church than in these areas, these are just important to people as are churches. still think church is fair game for fun as are plenty other places which are used by the public

"Why do people think it's ok to do something that has the potential to cause distress to others? Just imagine if by some chance soils clothing/used condom etc etc is left behind do people find that acceptable because they don't believe? Same for graveyards would you really want to find any thing like that on your loved ones last resting place ? Not intrested in discussing religious beliefs with anyone but respect to others is what this post is about soiled clothing and used condoms would be unwelcome wherever they are discarded, whether that be in a church, a beauty spot, beach, car park etc.

Very true but it happens

yes it does but my point is its not worse being discarded in church than in these areas, these are just important to people as are churches. still think church is fair game for fun as are plenty other places which are used by the public"

Not arguing that it's wrong anywhere just to me it's more disrespectful in a church. I'm not a religus person just feel people think it's ok to do what they want when and where they want and just because they don't beleve then it dosnt matter what others think

Having a fantasy is fine, but lets be honest, even the most zealous of the anti religion brigade knows the offence and hurt it would cause to church goers, and families who have loved ones buried there ?

Go to some castle ruins, or other quiet place.

Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean you can't respect.

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"What do think graveyards are for?"

stiffs

" Having a fantasy is fine, but lets be honest, even the most zealous of the anti religion brigade knows the offence and hurt it would cause to church goers, and families who have loved ones buried there ?

Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean you can't respect."

You like to think so wouldn't you. Just reading some of the posts here shows that's not the case

Would you consider a mosque??? A church is the same a place of worship. Show some respect ffs

"Would you consider a mosque??? A church is the same a place of worship. Show some respect ffs"

"

Like the joke about an imaginary friend (in the sky) and mental health issues.... really respectful. Joking aside I would like to know how many true atheists there are in the world in relation to any believers. Now let's see we have Muslim, Taoism and the Japanese version of Shintoism, Hinduism and all it's derivatives such as Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Christianity and it's derivatives such as Protestant, C of E,, Catholicism, Jehovah Witness, Church of the Latter Day Saints, Scientology, New Age/Spiritualists, Pagans, Judaism, Voodoo, Cults and any others I've neglected. Hmmmmmm I'd hazard a guess that there are more believers than not

"

Like the joke about an imaginary friend (in the sky) and mental health issues.... really respectful. Joking aside I would like to know how many true atheists there are in the world in relation to any believers. Now let's see we have Muslim, Taoism and the Japanese version of Shintoism, Hinduism and all it's derivatives such as Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Christianity and it's derivatives such as Protestant, C of E,, Catholicism, Jehovah Witness, Church of the Latter Day Saints, Scientology, New Age/Spiritualists, Pagans, Judaism, Voodoo, Cults and any others I've neglected. Hmmmmmm I'd hazard a guess that there are more believers than not "

Joke about mental health & imaginary friend in the sky ? Eh ??

"

Like the joke about an imaginary friend (in the sky) and mental health issues.... really respectful. Joking aside I would like to know how many true atheists there are in the world in relation to any believers. Now let's see we have Muslim, Taoism and the Japanese version of Shintoism, Hinduism and all it's derivatives such as Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Christianity and it's derivatives such as Protestant, C of E,, Catholicism, Jehovah Witness, Church of the Latter Day Saints, Scientology, New Age/Spiritualists, Pagans, Judaism, Voodoo, Cults and any others I've neglected. Hmmmmmm I'd hazard a guess that there are more believers than not

Joke about mental health & imaginary friend in the sky ? Eh ?? "

Earlier posts (not yours).

"

Joke about mental health & imaginary friend in the sky ? Eh ??

Earlier posts (not yours)."

Cool... I went back to check my old posts to make sure I hadn't ! I'm paranoid.

"People who believe in an imaginary friend in the sky should be monitored by a mental health expert. It would be a great place to get naughty "

This one of them Neaps.

why is a church or mosque any more special. people have a favourite beach. park. orchard that they wouldnt like to find people coppulating in but it happens.

its not about not understanding religion its the fact thst to me it doesnt exist and therefore any such establishment is as acceptable as any other place.

i believe in evolution and science and trust me i dont care if people want to fuck in universities or colleges either anything as long as they dont prey.

lets be honest if the dandy or beano had benn written before the bible we would all be worshipping korkie the kat or desperate dan by now.

thete endeth my sermon for today.

pray even

"why is a church or mosque any more special. people have a favourite beach. park. orchard that they wouldnt like to find people coppulating in but it happens.

its not about not understanding religion its the fact thst to me it doesnt exist and therefore any such establishment is as acceptable as any other place.

i believe in evolution and science and trust me i dont care if people want to fuck in universities or colleges either anything as long as they dont prey.

lets be honest if the dandy or beano had benn written before the bible we would all be worshipping korkie the kat or desperate dan by now.

thete endeth my sermon for today."

"why is a church or mosque any more special. people have a favourite beach. park. orchard that they wouldnt like to find people coppulating in but it happens.

I think you'll find that religions arise through philosophies not just any old written composition.

Not if you didn't care about the consequences. Even if you didn't care, it shows poor taste and a lack of respect.

Now, if you want to come round, I can create an alter type scenario and you could be use as a willing 'virgin'.

So your attitude is because you don't beleve in it then you can do what you like

Hinckley

I think you'll find that religions arise through philosophies not just any old written composition.

"

It's largely futile trying to suggest the concept of morals and respect in this thread, to be honest.

It's the usual case of 'hey, we're swingers, we'll do what the fuck we like and to hell with the consequences', if you'll excuse the pun.

It's largely futile trying to suggest the concept of morals and respect in this thread, to be honest.

It's the usual case of 'hey, we're swingers, we'll do what the fuck we like and to hell with the consequences', if you'll excuse the pun."

Couldn't have put it better

I guess its not seen as a favourite place like a beach etc, its seen as a spiritual place which has meaning to a certain group? Doesn't matter what you believe, its trying to be considerate to those who use it and coincidentally, leave open for the use of all out of respect ?

Would you masturbate in a school playground, stating you don't believe in the criminal justice system ? No because you know you'd get nicked. Shame it takes consequences to alter behaviour and teach respect. I'm work in progress I admit, but I know what's going to cause offence so I try not to.

but people have other spiritual places .people place benches in parks in rememberence of departed loved ones so to certain individuals these places do have special meaning.

religion has been the cause of more conflicts than anything else.

i wouldnt concern yourselves to much about where people fuck its more about who. what kind of religion tries to cover up its disciples abusing young boys placed into their care. catholosism is quite a oppressive religion.

when those perverts repent for abusing youn boys ill advocate fucking outside of churches until then may your balls bang heartily on those accepting fannies

"but people have other spiritual places .people place benches in parks in rememberence of departed loved ones so to certain individuals these places do have special meaning.

i wouldnt concern yourselves to much about where people fuck its more about who. what kind of religion tries to cover up its disciples abusing young boys placed into their care. catholosism is quite a oppressive religion.

when those perverts repent for abusing youn boys ill advocate fucking outside of churches until then may your balls bang heartily on those accepting fannies"

And the common denominator in all those concepts being misused are people, not the concept itself, which suggests its how we behave and respect which are the important factors not what we believe in ? Religion doesn't cause the problems. People behaving badly under its guise does....same goes for corruption in all walks of life.

"but people have other spiritual places .people place benches in parks in rememberence of departed loved ones so to certain individuals these places do have special meaning.

when those perverts repent for abusing youn boys ill advocate fucking outside of churches until then may your balls bang heartily on those accepting fannies"

You really don't understand do you. To a lot of people what your advocating causes grief but then again you don't give a toss do you ?

when those perverts repent for abusing youn boys ill advocate fucking outside of churches until then may your balls bang heartily on those accepting fannies

You really don't understand do you. To a lot of people what your advocating causes grief but then again you don't give a toss do you ? "

Only one way to sort this I reckon. So it's all fair I think there should be altars and regular services at ALL swinging clubs. Main service on Saturday nights

London

" Having a fantasy is fine, but lets be honest, even the most zealous of the anti religion brigade knows the offence and hurt it would cause to church goers, and families who have loved ones buried there ?

You really don't understand do you. To a lot of people what your advocating causes grief but then again you don't give a toss do you ?

Only one way to sort this I reckon. So it's all fair I think there should be altars and regular services at ALL swinging clubs. Main service on Saturday nights "

well I respect your attempt at a compromise !

Only one way to sort this I reckon. So it's all fair I think there should be altars and regular services at ALL swinging clubs. Main service on Saturday nights well I respect your attempt at a compromise !"

Lol. Ok seriously the OP is very disrespectful for sure. But then there are some on here that like to create controversy. Over a period of time you get to see what folk are like

London

It's the usual case of 'hey, we're swingers, we'll do what the fuck we like and to hell with the consequences', if you'll excuse the pun."

Couldn't agree more: exercise in futility if there ever was one!

Only one way to sort this I reckon. So it's all fair I think there should be altars and regular services at ALL swinging clubs. Main service on Saturday nights well I respect your attempt at a compromise !

Lol. Ok seriously the OP is very disrespectful for sure. But then there are some on here that like to create controversy. Over a period of time you get to see what folk are like "

well your entitled to your opinion, of course. i suppose i should of mentioned i wasnt actualy going to have sex in a church, i was fantasising about it.

You really don't understand do you. To a lot of people what your advocating causes grief but then again you don't

give a toss do you ? "

is it that obvious? frankly no couldnt care lessi hate the bigots that make rules trying to say they are trying to do in the name of some celestial being.

there isnt a lot of toletence shown by the lord if you read the bile is thete fire and brimstone and all that shite.

and to the other poster who remarked about a typical swingers attitude. ive been a swinger for 2 years and an atheist all my life i had this opinion about religion most of my life.

You really don't understand do you. To a lot of people what your advocating causes grief but then again you don't

give a toss do you ?

is it that obvious? frankly no couldnt care lessi hate the bigots that make rules trying to say they are trying to do in the name of some celestial being.

there isnt a lot of toletence shown by the lord if you read the bile is thete fire and brimstone and all that shite.

and to the other poster who remarked about a typical swingers attitude. ive been a swinger for 2 years and an atheist all my life i had this opinion about religion most of my life."

give a toss do you ?

and to the other poster who remarked about a typical swingers attitude. ive been a swinger for 2 years and an atheist all my life i had this opinion about religion most of my life."

If you'd read all if said you'd notice I say I don't care about religion what I'm saying and you fail to grasp is that to a lot of people the church gives them a sense of peace what right has anyone got to take that from them.

Hinckley

give a toss do you ?

Are you really an atheist? If someone could categorically prove to you that God existed, what you you do then?

And being an atheist doesn't preclude you from having respect for other peoples' beliefs. In fact, the enlightenment it affords you, should make you more, not less tolerant. Or is being an atheist just a handy tag for people that just want to do whatever they want in life with nothing to answer to?

no all im saying is that a church is no more important to me than an hotel. plenty of people visit hotels on a daily basis and dont see anyone complaining about them fucking in there. in same bed even so why should a church be any more important.

if people want to waste their lives believing what has been proved to not be true beyond doubt then its up to them.

remember according to the bible god created the heaven and earth but only 2000 years ago. when we all know its millions of years older than that.

believe what you like drivel or scientific fact lol

Only one way to sort this I reckon. So it's all fair I think there should be altars and regular services at ALL swinging clubs. Main service on Saturday nights well I respect your attempt at a compromise !

Lol. Ok seriously the OP is very disrespectful for sure. But then there are some on here that like to create controversy. Over a period of time you get to see what folk are like

well your entitled to your opinion, of course. i suppose i should of mentioned i wasnt actualy going to have sex in a church, i was fantasising about it. "

Well you got the first bit right, I most certainly am entitled to an opinion.

As for your last statement, you're now trying to dumb down your original post, which is there for all to see and a useful reminder for those little green arrow moments.

Hinckley

"no all im saying is that a church is no more important to me than an hotel. plenty of people visit hotels on a daily basis and dont see anyone complaining about them fucking in there. in same bed even so why should a church be any more important.

if people want to waste their lives believing what has been proved to not be true beyond doubt then its up to them.

remember according to the bible god created the heaven and earth but only 2000 years ago. when we all know its millions of years older than that.

believe what you like drivel or scientific fact lol"

About 10000 years actually, actually, according to Creationists, even they're not daft enough to nit believe in the Romans?

The existence of a 'God' has never been scientifically proved or disproved.

Ans as for comparing a church to a hotel, well that proves how deluded/ignorant (delete as applicable) you are.

"no all im saying is that a church is no more important to me than an hotel. plenty of people visit hotels on a daily basis and dont see anyone complaining about them fucking in there. in same bed even so why should a church be any more important.

believe what you like drivel or scientific fact lol"

Only 2000 years ago? Is that what it says?

And no one has ever "proven" that what religious people believe is not true.

The difference between a church and a hotel is that a hotel is designed for people to rest and treat as they would do their own bedroom. A church isn't.

There are people that consider a church a sacred place, and would be offended by the very thought of someone having sex there. Whether one agrees with religion or not, having sex in places others consider sacred is disrespectful. This applies whether or not the act is witnessed.

maybe either but in my eyes no difference. both are buildings where numbers of people pass through although the food and wine is far superior in a hotel and in plentifull supply.

I have no interest in Catholics, Jews, Muslims and many more religions, but I respect the people that do and respect that their places of worship are special and sacred to them.

I think respect for others is the key word here. Not everyone being capable and this is where society breaks down and we act like dum animals... You see examples of this in the news daily.

"maybe either but in my eyes no difference. both are buildings where numbers of people pass through although the food and wine is far superior in a hotel and in plentifull supply. "

You really are just trying to wind people up now. To many people a church is a sacred place and it's because of people like you who just can't or won't see that churches have to lock the doors.

London

[Removed by poster at 12/01/14 16:33:25]

London

To me it's the word respect I have a problem with. I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for religious people or places, in fact quite the opposite.

That doesn't stop me realising that they, for whatever insane reason, find their building more important than my building and they wouldn't want me fucking in there. There are places I go that are associated with hobbies etc that are very important to me and are a huge part of my life. Would I care if somebody fucked in there? Not at all. So what makes their "place of worship" better than mine?

And as for the "you can't disprove God" thing? The philosophic burden of proof lies upon those who make unfalsifiable claims, not on those who reject them otherwise anyone can make claims that are ridiculous and justify what they do by saying "Well you can't disprove it! Nerrr!"

(see Bertrand Russell, proposer of the Rusell's Teapot analogy)

Some horrid views in this thread, as well as those formed through ignorance (lack of knowledge).

"Some horrid views in this thread, as well as those formed through ignorance (lack of knowledge)."

"To me it's the word respect I have a problem with. I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for religious people or places, in fact quite the opposite.

That doesn't stop me realising that they, for whatever insane reason, find their building more important than my building and they wouldn't want me fucking in there. There are places I go that are associated with hobbies etc that are very important to me and are a huge part of my life. Would I care if somebody fucked in there? Not at all. So what makes their "place of worship" better than mine?

And as for the "you can't disprove God" thing? The philosophic burden of proof lies upon those who make unfalsifiable claims, not on those who reject them otherwise anyone can make claims that are ridiculous and justify what they do by saying "Well you can't disprove it! Nerrr!"

(see Bertrand Russell, proposer of the Rusell's Teapot analogy)"

I don't think they believe their building is more important than yours ? I believe most genuine mosques, churches, temples etc would welcome you in in a time of need, irrespectiveof your bbelief.

The point isn't about religion, its understanding others boundaries. If you get caught shagging at the back of a nightclub, the bouncer may well laugh and move you on ? Get caught in the wrvs kitchen at a charity event and you'd deeply offend ? Why do something that deeply offends when you can easily avoid it ?

"Some horrid views in this thread, as well as those formed through ignorance (lack of knowledge)."

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Absolutely go for it

I have no respect or regard for the silly phrase respect another's belief .. respect is earned and should not just be given away to idiots x

"To me it's the word respect I have a problem with. I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for religious people or places, in fact quite the opposite.

(see Bertrand Russell, proposer of the Rusell's Teapot analogy)"

Because yours is a place of hobbies you say you have no respect for religious people yet in an earlier post you mention it all going to hell can't have one without the other

"Absolutely go for it

I have no respect or regard for the silly phrase respect another's belief .. respect is earned and should not just be given away to idiots x"

"Absolutely go for it

I have no respect or regard for the silly phrase respect another's belief .. respect is earned and should not just be given away to idiots x"

Respect of a person is earned respect of a persons beliefs/feelings should be given and what's the point of calling people idiots?

ashby de la zouch

"Absolutely go for it

I have no respect or regard for the silly phrase respect another's belief .. respect is earned and should not just be given away to idiots x

Respect of a person is earned respect of a persons beliefs/feelings should be given and what's the point of calling people idiots? "

No respect of any belief should just be given that is preposterous.? Not just referring to religion some people have been conned and manipulated into be living things . The correct response in a caring world is not to walk idly by but to calmly and articulately encourage a person to apply more reason and question more robustly what they consider as truth x

As for specifically calling anyone an idiot ? Don't think I did ? However I think we may agree that based on the fact the word exists it must have a valid appropriate meaning for some humans on the planet and im sorry I don't feel their opinions are or should be beyond polite rational questioning ? There are those who air their belief that smoking does not contribute significantly to a statistical increase to ill health I would both openly declare that belief idiotic ? Religious doctrine should be no more immune to scrutiny mor worthy of baseless kid glove tip toe respect. I will note how no religions ever respect my atheist feelings x I am deeply offended when xi tans Thank god for Lil Johnny not dieing from the tumour and seem to forget about the team of brilliant surgeons that performed the 15 hour life saver . The God concept is offensive to most humans with an observant eye and their bronze age blood cult rituals deserve no special respect or status xxx

"Absolutely go for it

Respect of a person is earned respect of a persons beliefs/feelings should be given and what's the point of calling people idiots?

No respect of any belief should just be given that is preposterous.? Not just referring to religion some people have been conned and manipulated into be living things . The correct response in a caring world is not to walk idly by but to calmly and articulately encourage a person to apply more reason and question more robustly what they consider as truth x

As for specifically calling anyone an idiot ? Don't think I did ? However I think we may agree that based on the fact the word exists it must have a valid appropriate meaning for some humans on the planet and im sorry I don't feel their opinions are or should be beyond polite rational questioning ? There are those who air their belief that smoking does not contribute significantly to a statistical increase to ill health I would both openly declare that belief idiotic ? Religious doctrine should be no more immune to scrutiny mor worthy of baseless kid glove tip toe respect. I will note how no religions ever respect my atheist feelings x I am deeply offended when xi tans Thank god for Lil Johnny not dieing from the tumour and seem to forget about the team of brilliant surgeons that performed the 15 hour life saver . The God concept is offensive to most humans with an observant eye and their bronze age blood cult rituals deserve no special respect or status xxx"

Well said.

London

I don't think they believe their building is more important than yours ? I believe most genuine mosques, churches, temples etc would welcome you in in a time of need, irrespectiveof your bbelief.

The point isn't about religion, its understanding others boundaries. If you get caught shagging at the back of a nightclub, the bouncer may well laugh and move you on ? Get caught in the wrvs kitchen at a charity event and you'd deeply offend ? Why do something that deeply offends when you can easily avoid it ? "

------------------------------

You obviously didn't read my post properly. I quite cleary state I realise they wouldn't want me doing it.

"Because yours is a place of hobbies you say you have no respect for religious people yet in an earlier post you mention it all going to hell can't have one without the other"

I was wondering who was going to be first to completely and utterly miss the irony of my use of the word "Hell" and a little devil smiley and be silly enough to use it in their argument...

I agree with you, religious people are hard work.

This forum really needs more editing tools...

"

Some horrid views in this thread, as well as those formed through ignorance (lack of knowledge).

------------------------------"

Where are the recent posts by the religious people, or are you assuming just because we don't agree with your lack of respect?

The point isn't about religion, its understanding others boundaries. If you get caught shagging at the back of a nightclub, the bouncer may well laugh and move you on ? Get caught in the wrvs kitchen at a charity event and you'd deeply offend ? Why do something that deeply offends when you can easily avoid it ?

You obviously didn't read my post properly. I quite cleary state I realise they wouldn't want me doing it.

Because yours is a place of hobbies you say you have no respect for religious people yet in an earlier post you mention it all going to hell can't have one without the other

I was wondering who was going to be first to completely and utterly miss the irony of my use of the word "Hell" and a little devil smiley and be silly enough to use it in their argument...

------------------------------"

Perhaps I didn't read it properly and took it out of context, though I believe many of thoseddebating the issue aren't religious ? I may of course be wrong?

Wow. There is really no debate here.

I haven't read a rational comment supporting the idea of having sex in a church.

All I've read is:

"I hate religion..."

"Its a public building..."

"You have to earn respect, it's not just given..."

"Religious people suck..."

Really?

This is not a matter of religion at all, and some have missed the point. It's a matter of common decency.

"Wow. There is really no debate here.

I haven't read a rational comment supporting the idea of having sex in a church.

All I've read is:

"I hate religion..."

Really?

This is not a matter of religion at all, and some have missed the point. It's a matter of common decency."

ashby de la zouch

All I've read is:

"I hate religion..."

Really?

This is not a matter of religion at all, and some have missed the point. It's a matter of common decency. "

Yes it is and I assume you are equally defensive about sex on a plane, on a train , in a lift, in a park , in a car, in a shop changing room at work or any other place some term riske

London

"I haven't read a rational comment supporting the idea of having sex in a church. "

I'm kind of supporting it in a roundabout way by trying to make the point that the fact that it's a church shouldn't matter.

So it's really a debate about whether or not you think having sex in a building that's open to the public is OK. And I guess that depends on who will be in there that might see said act or not.

If nobody will see you then sure, why not? If they might then that's a whole different ball game.

(children, public outrage etc)

"Absolutely go for it

As for specifically calling anyone an idiot ? Don't think I did ? However I think we may agree that based on the fact the word exists it must have a valid appropriate meaning for some humans on the planet and im sorry I don't feel their opinions are or should be beyond polite rational questioning ? There are those who air their belief that smoking does not contribute significantly to a statistical increase to ill health I would both openly declare that belief idiotic ? Religious doctrine should be no more immune to scrutiny mor worthy of baseless kid glove tip toe respect. I will note how no religions ever respect my atheist feelings x I am deeply offended when xi tans Thank god for Lil Johnny not dieing from the tumour and seem to forget about the team of brilliant surgeons that performed the 15 hour life saver . The God concept is offensive to most humans with an observant eye and their bronze age blood cult rituals deserve no special respect or status xxx"

Didn't say you called anyone a idiot asked what the point of you calling people idiots as in your line not given away to idiots, also if someone wants to thank god for something why should it bother you ?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I am a committed atheist but I would never consider disrespecting anyone's beliefs by having sex in a place which they consider sacred such as a church, mosque, synagogue or temple.

"I haven't read a rational comment supporting the idea of having sex in a church.

I'm kind of supporting it in a roundabout way by trying to make the point that the fact that it's a church shouldn't matter.

So it's really a debate about whether or not you think having sex in a building that's open to the public is OK. And I guess that depends on who will be in there that might see said act or not.

If nobody will see you then sure, why not? If they might then that's a whole different ball game.

(children, public outrage etc)"

True, you dont get many people going into churches these days anyway.

its possible nobody would see you if you were very careful and didnt take too long.

All I've read is:

"I hate religion..."

Really?

This is not a matter of religion at all, and some have missed the point. It's a matter of common decency."

Absolutely. I could not agree more. Or is it that some people believe that the option to follow their loins is of far greater import?

London

"...also if someone wants to thank god for something why should it bother you ? "

Religion bothers me when it gets to the point of parents refusing medical treatment for children because God will fix them if that's what's intended.

The child doesn't get a say in the matter and is murdered by its now effectively criminally insane parents.

But back to the topic of shagging in a public building...

"...also if someone wants to thank god for something why should it bother you ?

Religion bothers me when it gets to the point of parents refusing medical treatment for children because God will fix them if that's what's intended.

The child doesn't get a say in the matter and is murdered by its now effectively criminally insane parents.

But back to the topic of shagging in a public building..."

Actually a church is not a public building. It is built on land owned by a particular religion. It's not like council offices.

Besides as I pointed out previously it would be highly disrespectful regardless of whether you were caught or not.

London

Sorry for the "public building" thing, I know it's not, just got tired of typing "a building that's open to the public".

And my point is that it's just another building. Just because some nutters think it's imbued with magical powers makes no difference.

It's the same level of disrespect to the owners of any building that's open to the public.

"...also if someone wants to thank god for something why should it bother you ?

But back to the topic of shagging in a public building..."

Not really the point of the thread but think you'll find that in the case of a child the courts will over rule the parents and in an emergency the medical team will do what's needed and fight it later. If it's the Jehovah's your talking about think you'll find it's only blood products they object to and there are ways around that. But yes back to why people find it offensive to shag in a church

"Sorry for the "public building" thing, I know it's not, just got tired of typing "a building that's open to the public".

And my point is that it's just another building. Just because some nutters think it's imbued with magical powers makes no difference.

It's the same level of disrespect to the owners of any building that's open to the public."

You have no understanding of 'respect'. Either that or you choose your own definition to suit yourself.

i'm not going to judge anyone that wants to or has, it's your life and toilet bits go for it

but me personally there are some places i wouldn't do those kind of things, and it's not really a religious thing either i'm not Jewish but i wouldn't shag in a synagogue

London

[Removed by poster at 12/01/14 19:04:54]

London

[Removed by poster at 12/01/14 19:05:25]

"Sorry for the "public building" thing, I know it's not, just got tired of typing "a building that's open to the public".

It's the same level of disrespect to the owners of any building that's open to the public."

i don't think it's fair to call people that believe in something you nutters, you'll probably find your own grandparents we're part of that nutter sect when they were younger, is my kid a nutter for believing in santa because you don't?

Respect:

1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.

2. To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.

3. To relate or refer to; concern.

n.

1. A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard.

2. The state of being regarded with honour or esteem.

3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

4. respects Polite expressions of consideration or deference

London

"i don't think it's fair to call people that believe in something you nutters, you'll probably find your own grandparents we're part of that nutter sect when they were younger, is my kid a nutter for believing in santa because you don't? "

That's an unfair comparison. A child is less informed. If a grown up believes in Santa/God then yes, they're a nutter. I'm sure my Grandparents were nutters in that respect.

I respect the fact that people are free to believe in whatever crazy shit they like. Some people get institutionalised for it, others escape that fate by dint of the fact that there are others that believe in the same thing.

If nobody else was in their at the time, it's not sex, it's a wank... with you fantasing about having sex with the vicar or priest.

So I'm a nutter in your eyes for believing in God and that the Lord Jesus Christ died to take away my sin. So be it! But I'm also a swinger - deal with it!

London

"So I'm a nutter in your eyes for believing in God and that the Lord Jesus Christ died to take away my sin. So be it! But I'm also a swinger - deal with it!"

Those are the choices that you've made. Totally fine by me, I don't have to "deal with it". Just don't expect me to respect what's behind the first one.

The basic idea behind pretty much all religions it seems to me is to basically be nice to everyone, which is great. It's just the reality of organised religion that is the problem.

I think the issue of respect is for other people's choice of belief - not the actual religion. For me it is, anyway. I have little regard for any religion but I do respect the right of others to hold those beliefs - and the belief that certain places like churches, mosques, synagogues and temples are sacred - and so I simply would not choose to disrespect those beliefs for the sake of a fleeting moment of lust to satisfy myself.

It's called common decency.

Why should I show any respect or regard for religion? Particularly the Abrahamic faiths. Jainism, Hinduism and Buddhism aren't so bad, but they're still completely illogical. Particularly jains. Like Sam Harris says, if the world was full of extremist jains then that wouldn't be so bad, as their highest creed is non violence. Extreme non violence I could live with.

By respecting religion, you'll lend it credibility, you are saying religion is a worthwhile belief. We're talking about Churches, so I'll address Christianity. I'll give you five reasons not to respect Christianity, and if you want more, let me know.

1) I don't think the promotion of anti birth control views, particularly condoms is a good thing. Just look at the prevalence of HIV in Africa and the death toll that naturally follows this. Yet Christian missionaries, indeed the Papacy itself is guilty of promoting these views, based on the idea of 'wasted seed'. So they suggest no birth control or complete abstinence. HIV or denying yourselves freedoms and pleasures. Sorry, no respect for this one, I'm pro sex education, and definitely pro freedom.

2) Women are of lower value than men. The Bible is littered with this. I could provide a whole list of instances, and if you're interested, I would seriously recommend checking out the skeptic's annotated bible. Can't respect this belief, sorry, I'm pro equality. I think women have just as much intrinsic value as men. Not gonna respect that one either.

3) Treat your slaves well. I don't think anyone can defend this. Vile.

4) No free will. This is a logical problem with Christianity with wide reaching implications. God is omniscient (all knowing). If he knows everything, then he knows what paths you will take and the consequences. If his knowledge is infallible, then you will always take that path, you have no choice because God KNOWS,so there is no free will. That is deterministic in itself. So should we not punish criminals? After all, they're just doing God's work. They couldn't help it. No, we should lock away the bad people and they should pay the price of their actions. No respect for God's omniscience it is, then.

5) Christianity directly opposes scientific development and our understanding of the natural world. See stem cell research, opposition to teaching evolution in school, big bang theory opposition, the slander of carbon dating etc etc.

That's before I've even touched on God's mass killings, his followers' mass killings, the racism of the Bible, the protection of paedophile priests, the indoctrination of children, the lack of questioning of the Universe, genital mutilation, the fact he's all powerful yet allows evil (sadist), the fact he denies knowledge and enquiry (tree of knowledge), the killing of people for wearing mixed fabrics etc etc.

Until religion, Christianity particularly is worthy of respect, you shall find none foe it from me. I won't lend these ideas credibility.

And on that basis why should anyone afford anything or anyone respect if it doesn't sit comfortably with what you want ? I think that approach has been taken many times over the years.....seems to be a reoccurring theme.

London

Religions have this aura that means they're somehow special and you're not allowed to say or do anything against them.

(probably because you'd be burned alive or stoned to death etc if you did, which is still a possibility today if you diss the wrong bunch of nutters' imaginary friend)

Why? What makes them so special? And it's often a one way street.

Why respect their beliefs when many of them don't respect mine and other's beliefs because of what it says in their "how to be crazy" manuals?

" And on that basis why should anyone afford anything or anyone respect if it doesn't sit comfortably with what you want ? I think that approach has been taken many times over the years.....seems to be a reoccurring theme."

Would you respect the views of a racist, a homophobe or a misogynist? I don't respect any viewpoint that marks a group of people as inferior. End of. I am extremely intolerant of intolerance.

"Religions have this aura that means they're somehow special and you're not allowed to say or do anything against them.

(probably because you'd be burned alive or stoned to death etc if you did, which is still a possibility today if you diss the wrong bunch of nutters' imaginary friend)

Why? What makes them so special? And it's often a one way street.

Why respect their beliefs when many of them don't respect mine and other's beliefs because of what it says in their "how to be crazy" manuals?"

You would more than likely get more respect and interest in your views if you stopped referring to people as nutters also how to be crazy is quite offensive

" And on that basis why should anyone afford anything or anyone respect if it doesn't sit comfortably with what you want ? I think that approach has been taken many times over the years.....seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Would you respect the views of a racist, a homophobe or a misogynist? I don't respect any viewpoint that marks a group of people as inferior. End of. I am extremely intolerant of intolerance. "

my mother's a Christian, she regularly collects for charity, is very opened minded to all races, sexuality and all walks of life. I don't recall her feeling superior to anyone. Threatening isnt it , all those people singing and meeting up for cake and coffee?

London

" And on that basis why should anyone afford anything or anyone respect if it doesn't sit comfortably with what you want ? I think that approach has been taken many times over the years.....seems to be a reoccurring theme."

It has nothing to do with things coinciding with we want. I respect the fact that there's a speed limit and thar there is a need for one.

On completely empty roads would I like to be able to drive as fast as I want to? Yes please. That doesn't mean I don't respect the idea.

" And on that basis why should anyone afford anything or anyone respect if it doesn't sit comfortably with what you want ? I think that approach has been taken many times over the years.....seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Would you respect the views of a racist, a homophobe or a misogynist? I don't respect any viewpoint that marks a group of people as inferior. End of. I am extremely intolerant of intolerance. "

This thread is about having sex in a church not about religion so do you think it's ok to shag in a place held in high regard by people because you don't believe in what they believe in?

Hinckley

"Why should I show any respect or regard for religion? Particularly the Abrahamic faiths. Jainism, Hinduism and Buddhism aren't so bad, but they're still completely illogical. Particularly jains. Like Sam Harris says, if the world was full of extremist jains then that wouldn't be so bad, as their highest creed is non violence. Extreme non violence I could live with.

By respecting religion, you'll lend it credibility, you are saying religion is a worthwhile belief. We're talking about Churches, so I'll address Christianity. I'll give you five reasons not to respect Christianity, and if you want more, let me know.

1) I don't think the promotion of anti birth control views, particularly condoms is a good thing. Just look at the prevalence of HIV in Africa and the death toll that naturally follows this. Yet Christian missionaries, indeed the Papacy itself is guilty of promoting these views, based on the idea of 'wasted seed'. So they suggest no birth control or complete abstinence. HIV or denying yourselves freedoms and pleasures. Sorry, no respect for this one, I'm pro sex education, and definitely pro freedom.

2) Women are of lower value than men. The Bible is littered with this. I could provide a whole list of instances, and if you're interested, I would seriously recommend checking out the skeptic's annotated bible. Can't respect this belief, sorry, I'm pro equality. I think women have just as much intrinsic value as men. Not gonna respect that one either.

3) Treat your slaves well. I don't think anyone can defend this. Vile.

4) No free will. This is a logical problem with Christianity with wide reaching implications. God is omniscient (all knowing). If he knows everything, then he knows what paths you will take and the consequences. If his knowledge is infallible, then you will always take that path, you have no choice because God KNOWS,so there is no free will. That is deterministic in itself. So should we not punish criminals? After all, they're just doing God's work. They couldn't help it. No, we should lock away the bad people and they should pay the price of their actions. No respect for God's omniscience it is, then.

5) Christianity directly opposes scientific development and our understanding of the natural world. See stem cell research, opposition to teaching evolution in school, big bang theory opposition, the slander of carbon dating etc etc.

That's before I've even touched on God's mass killings, his followers' mass killings, the racism of the Bible, the protection of paedophile priests, the indoctrination of children, the lack of questioning of the Universe, genital mutilation, the fact he's all powerful yet allows evil (sadist), the fact he denies knowledge and enquiry (tree of knowledge), the killing of people for wearing mixed fabrics etc etc.

Until religion, Christianity particularly is worthy of respect, you shall find none foe it from me. I won't lend these ideas credibility."

Wow, a prime example of talking loud and saying nothing, or more succinctly taking things literally and out of context to the subject being discussed. We get the point that you're not fond of religion but this issue boils down to respect for other people and their beliefs, irrespective of whether you consider them stupid or not.

Christianity doesn't directly oppose science, certain factions of Christianity do. My wife is an analytical chemist and a lot of her colleagues are able to hold religious beliefs whilst still doing important research work.

No free will? In the 17th century maybe?

Treat your Slaves well? Again an old tenet that would have been true when the bible was written but could now apply to employees, rather than slaves.

Women in the church? Still needs addressing but moving in the right, rather than wrong direction on most fronts.

Condoms? I believe the Pope has advocated the use of condoms to prevent disease fairly recently, probably not enough as this is one of my main bugbears with Catholicism ( and Nestle mopping up the survivors) but again a move in the right direction.

And you probably don't dislike religion anything like as much as I do but being able to see differing viewpoints and to be able to debate from your opposing view is an important part of being an adult. As is taking responsibility for where you fuck.