FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > It's just a label

It's just a label

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After reading some replies on another thread about straight men who enjoy sex with other men, where the often chanted "it's just a label, put what you want on your profile" phrase was used again, i began to wonder...

We have no objection to Bi-Sexual people, J is herself very bi-sexual and yet is capable of being in the same room as straight women and not having sex with them (even those she really would like to!), but we do object to the mainly men group who state they are straight but they will have sex with other men.

To those who say it's just a label, I pose a question.

Would you mind if a 27 stone 68 year old gay guy turned up for a meet after you responded to the 22 year old size 10 straight female profile?

If sexuality is just a label, surely the same applies to gender, photo's, and age is not only just a label it's also just a number

Many of Fabs tick boxes are limiting that's why there is a text profile where you can expand on the tick answer, but just how many of them do you allow people to tick wrongly before a profile becomes a fake?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

This is an extension of my opinion on the "age is just a number" argument - if that's true why aren't we all playing with 80 year olds and underage?

A preference is a preference and we are all entitled to them as long as we express it without bigotry or offence (see the busty thread for the distinction).

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

On a site where there is a need to search for sexually compatible people, it is kinda important to me.

I have no desire to approach straight males as I have a respect for their sexuality and them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you know my _iew on this

Nice thread OP

"On a site where there is a need to search for sexually compatible people, it is kinda important to me.

I have no desire to approach straight males as I have a respect for their sexuality and them.

"

Weirdly enough along with bi-sexual males who label themselves straight, there does seem to be a tendency for some straight women to label themselves as bi-sexual, this has caused some issues occasionally

By *nvercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

"On a site where there is a need to search for sexually compatible people, it is kinda important to me.

Weirdly enough along with bi-sexual males who label themselves straight, there does seem to be a tendency for some straight women to label themselves as bi-sexual, this has caused some issues occasionally "

Yep, we had a meet with a couple where the female declared herself Bi, but it wasnt untill she refused all approaches from the mrs that she confessed up. Ruined the night for both of us.

By *artsnikCouple  over a year ago

wortley

also bi is a big lable now dont get me wrong i don't consider my self straight and have bi c on the profile as you can see

but i don't find men attractive and would not kiss a man but i am orily bi and do play with dicks when the situation is right but also play 100% straight as well and when playing with a straight couple have a look at our verys i have no desire to touch the other mans dick. if we are playing with a full bi couple or bi male then yes we all play

i do know some on this site which would call them self straight just be course they don't find men attractive

as the label bi does lead people to think that

If you want and enjoy sex with men (and you're a man) then you're at least bisexual, if it's just men, you're gay. That's the tall and short of it for me. There's nothing wrong with being gay or bi, but I do think you should be honest about it with your partners though.

On this note, my profile says I'm hetero, which I am. So why the hell do guys keep messaging me trying to 'turn' me and offer me oral? It's not like I can choose my sexuality. I'm 100% straight and there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it.

wortley

"If you want and enjoy sex with men (and you're a man) then you're at least bisexual, if it's just men, you're gay. That's the tall and short of it for me. There's nothing wrong with being gay or bi, but I do think you should be honest about it with your partners though.

On this note, my profile says I'm hetero, which I am. So why the hell do guys keep messaging me trying to 'turn' me and offer me oral? It's not like I can choose my sexuality. I'm 100% straight and there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it. "

be course there are so many on this site with straight on profile but are bi that people think they may as well give it a go

"If you want and enjoy sex with men (and you're a man) then you're at least bisexual, if it's just men, you're gay. That's the tall and short of it for me. There's nothing wrong with being gay or bi, but I do think you should be honest about it with your partners though.

On this note, my profile says I'm hetero, which I am. So why the hell do guys keep messaging me trying to 'turn' me and offer me oral? It's not like I can choose my sexuality. I'm 100% straight and there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it.

be course there are so many on this site with straight on profile but are bi that people think they may as well give it a go

"

I don't think many people on here would appreciate how many "straight" guys there are. If I take out filters off and put a meet today up, they come in their droves. I think have to pick through the messages to find the "true to themselves bi guys".

"

yes your right .

"also bi is a big lable now dont get me wrong i don't consider my self straight and have bi c on the profile as you can see

but i don't find men attractive and would not kiss a man but i am orily bi and do play with dicks when the situation is right but also play 100% straight as well and when playing with a straight couple have a look at our verys i have no desire to touch the other mans dick. if we are playing with a full bi couple or bi male then yes we all play

i do know some on this site which would call them self straight just be course they don't find men attractive

as the label bi does lead people to think that"

And don't forget the main reason - that for some reason guys think that putting curious or bi on their profile will cause then to be shunned and ignored by every female and couple on site.

Which is totally not the case!

wortley

"also bi is a big lable now dont get me wrong i don't consider my self straight and have bi c on the profile as you can see

as the label bi does lead people to think that

And don't forget the main reason - that for some reason guys think that putting curious or bi on their profile will cause then to be shunned and ignored by every female and couple on site.

Which is totally not the case! "

def not mailbox full most days so not affected us

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Labels, are useful but restrictive and there is no 100% definition.

My profile is honest, my veri's show that I meet with both. I dont feel a need to expand on that in my profile text but that's possibly because I feel I fit very well inside that particular box.

I'm bi sexual. I can and do 'play straight' a lot, because as with men I like certain women. Not all women.

I _iew labels as a rough guide and if I want clarity I could ask directly. But I agree it's a very fine line between the correct label and dishonesty

what you must remember is behind a keyboard in the spare bedroom a person can be anything they want to be, black, white, male, female, young or old, fat or thin. The majority of people on the internet don't have the slightest intention of ever meeting anyone, its a fantasy, a dream, in reality they would run a mile from reality.

As for age being just a number, age is about genetics, mindset, health, and 101 other things, a 24 year old woman, can act and live as a 30 year old woman, ie, being more mature than her 24 years, alternatively she can act and live as a 21 year old woman, and act accordingly, so for someone to say I want to meet someone who has lived for 23 years , to 25 years, is basically pointless, depending on that womans genetic make up and life style,

If a 68 year old 26 stone man turned up on your doorstep, when you were expecting a 30 year old slim woman, you have done something wrong, in your desperation to meet.

All you would say is goodbye.

"

"

Ah, that explains it then. I don't look at the lads, so I guess that's why I'm ignorant to it. Figures though because I've seen women who aren't interested in bi guys, so I guess they lie to work around it perhaps? That's my stab in the dark at it, anyway.

In that case...

Can we just get some honesty around here, please?

"it's a very fine line between the correct label and dishonesty "

Honesty or dishonesty doesn't come into a fantasy wank.

We are in cyber space, not sunday school.

If you are serious about meeting, lying wouldn't get you far,

it may get you to the door,

but it certainly wouldn't get you into my pants.

"In that case...

Can we just get some honesty around here, please? "

That's all we need. tick boxes are brutality to the many shades of sexual preferences, but totally required for a computerised search engine!

Got no problem with a male or female ticking bi-curious then going on to briefly explain the limitations of that curiosity on the profile text, they can give further information on meeting or through PM's if they wish.

But if they are not brutally honest on the tick box then the search engine has no chance of finding people who may or may not be interested in finding out more subtle nuances of their personal version.

Honesty is required on all profile criteria if you are to get the best out of a computer matching system. it may be "only a label" in society but on a search engine it's a 1 or 0 (and the computer doesn't care which it is either!)

" If you are serious about meeting, lying wouldn't get you far,

but it certainly wouldn't get you into my pants."

But I thought you had a door in your pants

" If you are serious about meeting, lying wouldn't get you far,

but it certainly wouldn't get you into my pants.

But I thought you had a door in your pants "

Its many years since I have worn any,

"

Ah, that explains it then. I don't look at the lads, so I guess that's why I'm ignorant to it. Figures though because I've seen women who aren't interested in bi guys, so I guess they lie to work around it perhaps? That's my stab in the dark at it, anyway.

In that case...

Can we just get some honesty around here, please? "

But that would make things far too easy !

» Add a new message to this topic