FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > GPS location on profile

GPS location on profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got a message from someone saying they love our profile and would like to chat but abroad at mo. Profile is 2 weeks old ,not verified and no referances ,so rules them out anyway, but when we checked profile it shows their gps location as within 5miles of us.

Sent them message back pointing this out and they replied saying how weird, they are defo abroad for next 3 weeks.

Is this possible or are they lying through their teeth?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

GPS? Do you mean their mobile phone? I don`t know much about mobile phones but could it be the location of an intercontinental ralay or something like that?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They will have put their home postcode on their profile. It's the postcode that says where you are.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"GPS? Do you mean their mobile phone? I don`t know much about mobile phones but could it be the location of an intercontinental ralay or something like that?"

If you click on a persons profile and your both on a mobile phone ,it's shows location according to the GPS location of the phone

You cant see the gps on this site, only how far like 5 or 10 miles and more.

plenty of sites do GPS or mobile tracing .... some accurate to within 50yrds. You need the number obviously.

We have used them in the past to catch people out ..... and it works

"plenty of sites do GPS or mobile tracing .... some accurate to within 50yrds. You need the number obviously.

We have used them in the past to catch people out ..... and it works "

Mm thanks, I will have to try those sites as well lol

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"They will have put their home postcode on their profile. It's the postcode that says where you are. "

as Ms Heels says it's calculated from the post code. There is another bit underneath that says something like - currently xx miles from you. (If they are on mobile with the GPS functionality enabled)

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Got a message from someone saying they love our profile and would like to chat but abroad at mo. Profile is 2 weeks old ,not verified and no referances ,so rules them out anyway, but when we checked profile it shows their gps location as within 5miles of us.

Sent them message back pointing this out and they replied saying how weird, they are defo abroad for next 3 weeks.

Is this possible or are they lying through their teeth?"

I have had similar when I am in Germany my profile still suggests I am 20 miles from somebody's location in the Midlands. It could be down to a snag but it might also be due to phone settings.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Are they bouncing their wifi (mobile) through a cloud spot?

As I have unlimited internet at home, I could log on from my phone from a different city, (bouncing off omeone elses router) and because of the cloud, my location shows as home.

It's also handy when I want to watch stuff off my planner or record something to my planner remotely, which is actually the real reason I know about the wifi

"Got a message from someone saying they love our profile and would like to chat but abroad at mo. Profile is 2 weeks old ,not verified and no referances ,so rules them out anyway, but when we checked profile it shows their gps location as within 5miles of us.

Is this possible or are they lying through their teeth?"

We've encountered similar and I have always assumed it to be them lying through their teeth. We've logged on abroad and the mobile GPS appears accurate.

This site picks up your mobile signal if your using a device such as a mobile or tablet that has the GPS function enabled. You may be away from your stated location but if somebody else is using the device it will transmit that location. Over Christmas we stayed with family and met some play mates. When we checked their profile it was showing up they were close. This function works to within half a mile.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"This site picks up your mobile signal if your using a device such as a mobile or tablet that has the GPS function enabled. You may be away from your stated location but if somebody else is using the device it will transmit that location. Over Christmas we stayed with family and met some play mates. When we checked their profile it was showing up they were close. This function works to within half a mile. "

Ahhh see as I'm not using my real postcode.... I always have my gps location switched off so then despite logging in from my mobile, where ever I happen to be, I will show as 'near home'

If you look on their profile there's a little house icon which shows your distance to the home postcode they registered. If there's one below it which shows a mobile phone and a distance, then that's how far away they are on their mobile phone gps or the nearest cell mast to them.

Dont rely on this too much !! Sometimes its definitely wrong and especially if its me abroad ! X

We gave a lift to a club to a single fem friend of ours...the GPS on our phones said within half a mile....which was true.....she was on the back seat of the car...!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Or they my have left their phone at home so they don't get a shockingly big bill once they return home and are using free wifi from their hotel.

We have found when we have been away fab still shows us as been at home when using our phone

If we turn the GPS off then back on again it will then show our correct location

» Add a new message to this topic