FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Greater London?

Greater London?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why can't people in Greater Londonbe more specific? After all, it is a huge place.

I'm not asking for a full postal address, just a clue.

It is sort of like the old taxi drive thing of 'Not going South of the river at this time of night'

Living South of London, I don't have time to struggle across or around London to somewhere like Enfield (for example). Croydon on the other hand is achieveable (at least from my side of London).

Come on Greater Londoners!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Why would you want to go to Croydon?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

lol

Let's not get into a battle over desireable areas of London!

Seriously, it wouldn't kill Greater Londoners to be more specific. I'm sure it would produce better results for all.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

You should try 'east midlands'. The area that covers is vast and probably takes up most of the middle bit.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its only when you hear all these different places around London and you realise...bloody hell. This place is huge lol

Use the mobile 'who's near' facility and try searching via postcode

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"lol

Let's not get into a battle over desireable areas of London!

Seriously, it wouldn't kill Greater Londoners to be more specific. I'm sure it would produce better results for all."

Ah bless, you think it makes a difference, how sweet.

I list my location in London, West Dulwich, to be specific. Furthermore, I list the London boroughs I'd travel to and seeking playmates from, namely Southwark, Lewisham, Lambeth and Wandsworth. Hmmm, think I'll remove Wandsworth and add Croydon...but I digress. One of my playmates lives in Enfield, 18 miles as the crow flies, but in reality he does a 100 mile round trip as it's easier going via the M25 than through central London: it's a nightmare.

I thought I was being as helpful as I could be. Now geography is not my strong suit, but I'm doubtful Glasgow, Macclesfield, Swindon, Brighton...to name but a few of the areas men have written to me from, are within south London boroughs!

You think you've got problems. The IV postcode covers a huge area. I've had a guy message me, still in the postcode, yet nearly 100 miles away.

At least in London you have a reasonable public transport system and failing that, boris bikes!

London

"You think you've got problems. The IV postcode covers a huge area. I've had a guy message me, still in the postcode, yet nearly 100 miles away.

At least in London you have a reasonable public transport system and failing that, boris bikes!"

Same postcode?!! Wow!!!

Yes, IV covers most of the northern highlands of Scotland. It's huge.

There was a local newspaper report recently (which mentioned Fab) that said we have the largest proportion of swingers in the country up here. Which for the given population up here is probably true.

I suspect for example that if the proportion of swingers in London was 1:1000 people, up here it's probably 3:1000.

Just means there's more idiots though, spread over a wide area, not that you get more sex!

i understand what you mean, atleast someone could put east, south, north or west london!

By *lideMan  over a year ago

maidstone

Perhaps someone should devise an interactive system. I often look at 'meet today' and its hopeless with Greater London. Yes the transport system is better then most, but going across London usually means changing trains several times as there is no 'Cross Rail' so geographically its probably easier than the large Northern postcodes, because at least you can jump in a car without paying a levy (Congestion charge) and getting stuck in city traffic. Even 'North / City / South' would help somewhat. Its not too much to ask.

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

E Suffolk

I make it a rule unless you are no more than 20 minutes drive and pay my taxi fare.....

Seriously, I've never found this such a big issue, after all I'm more than happy to travel for the right people. However for those who are in the category of meet now while the missus is out, I can see it being a problem.

I live in NE London on the outskirts. It can take me 2 hours by train to get to NW London because I have to go into London to come out again. Driving it would take half that time on the M25 or North circular

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

E Suffolk

"I live in NE London on the outskirts. It can take me 2 hours by train to get to NW London because I have to go into London to come out again. Driving it would take half that time on the M25 or North circular "

There are advantages to living within site of a tube station!

London

I live in south east London off the same road as where I work (the south circular). I've flown to Milan and Toulouse in less time than it's taken me to travel 8 miles!

I have an Oyster card and was penalised £10 for taking too long to complete my journey. I didn't realise they allow me 90 minutes to get to my destination. I travel the London Bridge to Victoria line, they cancel the trains then punish you for not getting to your destination...you couldn't make it up!

For me to get to somewhere in East london, paradise spa for example would take between 90 minutes and two hours. It is quicker and easier for me to go to Portsmouth

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yes, North London is just way too much hassle to get to for me - and I can get to the South Coast quicker, so I tend to set my postcode to Sussex.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

"For me to get to somewhere in East london, paradise spa for example would take between 90 minutes and two hours. It is quicker and easier for me to go to Portsmouth "
sets uo rd blocks to keep un los here

"For me to get to somewhere in East london, paradise spa for example would take between 90 minutes and two hours. It is quicker and easier for me to go to Portsmouth "

likewise, and agree with the OP I might be up for a meeting in W London, but E London is just too far! Sort it out Londoners,

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

If you feel they're worth it, distance is not an issue!

Because if we just but 'Greater London' it makes us feel like theres a whole lot more options in the search than if we broke it down...even if there isn't

» Add a new message to this topic