FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > What is ENM?

What is ENM?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irldn OP   Couple 1 day ago

Brighton

Saw this…

“ENM/Poly couple”

Understand polyamory but what is ENM?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atyric0nMan 1 day ago

Ipswich

From The Internets:

"So, all polyamory is ethical non-monogamy, but not all ethical non-monogamy is polyamory. Polyamory specifically refers to multiple loving relationships, whereas ethical non-monogamy is any arrangement where people have multiple consensual romantic, sexual, and/or intimate connections."

I'm not sure I agree 100% (but I can't quite tell you what I disagree with), it's a very blurry line anyway.

I've had two ENM relationships in the past: in both cases, we were romantically exclusive but had agreed to pursue sexual encounters outside of the relationship (with some ground rules).

Brighton

Thanks that makes sense.

By *atyric0nMan 1 day ago

Ipswich

"Thanks that makes sense. "

I think the "common" perception is that poly is more focused on having multiple romantic attachments (as the name would suggest), whereas ENM is more focused on sexual pursuits outside of an established relationship.

Brighton

"Thanks that makes sense.

I think the "common" perception is that poly is more focused on having multiple romantic attachments (as the name would suggest), whereas ENM is more focused on sexual pursuits outside of an established relationship."

By *ineapple_turnoverCouple 1 day ago

London

We've always seen poly as being a subset of ENM. ENM we consider as being something more than just sex (I e. Swinging) but maybe that's just because the term swinging has been around longer.

We consider ENM to include long term or regular swinging partners though

No idea if this is right!

By *usybusygirlWoman 1 day ago

Birmingham

Like everything, usually everyone has there own definition I think

Brighton

I suppose you could be ENM without being a “swinger”?

To us (and this is just how we see it) swinging involves three or more people, although the third person does not have to be in the room, they might just be told, or get pics/vids, etc.

ENM sounds like you accept your partner having sex with other people but won’t necessarily know about it?

» Add a new message to this topic