FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > No profile pic

No profile pic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *razyfool0909 OP   Man 6 weeks ago

shirley

So I’ve got a bit of a predicument. I have no profile pic on my account due to the nature of my job (firefighter) the last thing I need at work is being spotted by someone. So I have pictures that I attach to every message I have sent but I get no replies. Now I know it’s not due to the fact of me being ugly. Now I’m no model but I’m certainly not ugly but I’ve only ever had 1 person reply.

So does having no profile picture really put people off that much even if you have pics sent in the first message?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rsKOTCTWoman 6 weeks ago

Leeds

I don't think your chest, legs etc would get you recognised.

I have a career I wouldn't want people knowing I was on here yet I manage to post pics.

Tbh I see the occupational excuse as just that, an excuse, there's plenty of none identifiable photos that can be posted.

Leeds

And to add yes, the 1st thing I do when I get a message is look at the profile, If there's no pics there's no reply.

By *8on33Man 6 weeks ago

winfrith

"So I’ve got a bit of a predicument. I have no profile pic on my account due to the nature of my job (firefighter) the last thing I need at work is being spotted by someone. So I have pictures that I attach to every message I have sent but I get no replies. Now I know it’s not due to the fact of me being ugly. Now I’m no model but I’m certainly not ugly but I’ve only ever had 1 person reply.

So does having no profile picture really put people off that much even if you have pics sent in the first message? "

Yes can you not do body shots or suit shots or something, you don't have to have your face in it or tatts that could be recognised.

By *aizyWoman 6 weeks ago

west midlands

As has already been said, public pics don't have to be of your face, I don't reply to picturless profiles.

shirley

So I’m very heavily tattooed all the way up to my jaw line, they’re very distinctive. It’s really not an excuse.

By *andPextraCouple 6 weeks ago

North West

An oft quoted line Is “its not blind date”

Id take a guess that 75% of profiles with pictures do not inc an open face pic.

I can understand why.

But I’d also guess profiles with no photos at all get very limited attraction or attention.

We have a detailed profile. I’d say 95% don't read it.

Pics draw people in.

you could argue they get distracted by the pics and this stops them reading , but I’d suggest a short bio, with no pictures, in a sea of single men, is a recipe for not doing well on here

Leeds

"So I’m very heavily tattooed all the way up to my jaw line, they’re very distinctive. It’s really not an excuse. "

There's blurring them there's putting stickers over them (via apps) there's also apps that remove them.

I have tattoos too it's an excuse.

shirley

"So I’m very heavily tattooed all the way up to my jaw line, they’re very distinctive. It’s really not an excuse.

There's blurring them there's putting stickers over them (via apps) there's also apps that remove them.

I have tattoos too it's an excuse."

It’s not an excuse, Im just not thought of these things you’ve mentioned… and I’m here for advice on things like this.

By *hesubtlegentMan 6 weeks ago

surrey

You could always take a pic of you in a shirt or suit that crops out your face and arms.

Leeds

"So I’m very heavily tattooed all the way up to my jaw line, they’re very distinctive. It’s really not an excuse.

I have tattoos too it's an excuse.

It’s not an excuse, Im just not thought of these things you’ve mentioned… and I’m here for advice on things like this."

Then get taking some pics.

Good luck!

By * F 2018Couple 6 weeks ago

shropshire

"So I’ve got a bit of a predicument. I have no profile pic on my account due to the nature of my job (firefighter) the last thing I need at work is being spotted by someone. So I have pictures that I attach to every message I have sent but I get no replies. Now I know it’s not due to the fact of me being ugly. Now I’m no model but I’m certainly not ugly but I’ve only ever had 1 person reply.

So does having no profile picture really put people off that much even if you have pics sent in the first message? "

It's that old chestnut....its because of my job ... no profile pic isn't something we go for, as we've had one or two that are absolutely dickheads!

That don't put a profile pic . People don't tend to shout "you're the one off fab ! People do like to be discreet...even with pictures..

By *emptusboth777Couple 6 weeks ago

oxford

Same for us, no pics no reply.

By *icketToRudeCouple 6 weeks ago

Wellingborough

Wouldn't do much for us

By *nytime2023Couple 6 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

We find this really interesting. We hide our faces from public but happy to share when we’ve chatted etc. We have plenty of other pics that give people a general idea of what we look like.

You’ve just publicly written your heavily tattooed up to your jawline and your profile says you live in Shirley which already suggests which Fire Service you work for. So anyone who might know you, will know you based on that info alone if that makes sense. Hubby works for a Fire Service and knows of at least 4 others in the same service who are on here.

Like others have said, we would delete any message from a pictureless profile. Good luck OP. V&K x

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

"I don't think your chest, legs etc would get you recognised.

I have a career I wouldn't want people knowing I was on here yet I manage to post pics.

Tbh I see the occupational excuse as just that, an excuse, there's plenty of none identifiable photos that can be posted."

Exactly this.

By *bxanfCouple 6 weeks ago

Bilston / Dudley / Silent Hill

As people have said OP. You have given alot of identifying information already. Would you being on a swinger site actually result in any kind of dismissal? The fireman who lives in our street is on Tinder after all.

Saying that for us no profile pic means no reply.

By *ympho6969Woman 6 weeks ago

glasgow

A chest pic is usually the best way to go, assuming you don't have a noticeable birth mark or tattoo. Face pics can be kept private and given on request. That's what I do and it has worked so far

By *rumcouple2013Couple 6 weeks ago

Tamworth

Yes. No profile picture or a couple of public pictures put us straight off. Will always block such profiles.

By *ogan WillowCouple 6 weeks ago

Leeds

Silhouettes are a real no no for us. Need some public pictures too.

By *istr3ssWoman 6 weeks ago

Stockton-on-Tees

"And to add yes, the 1st thing I do when I get a message is look at the profile, If there's no pics there's no reply."

Same for me and I state that quite clearly on my profile

By *loratheExplora39Woman 6 weeks ago

chelmsford

Biggest thing for me is your not verid and been on for a year or more. Depends on what you’re here for I suppose but firstly I want people that actually play, secondly there’s nothing really on ya profile that says what your likes and dislikes are. No pics also. So if ya think that any of those three things could be a reason to not bother with a profile you’ve ruled out alot of people.

So out of the hundreds of messages a day I’m going with Dave who I’m pretty sure shows up to a meet and is clean, can see roughly what I’m dealing with and knows what he s doing or how can see how experienced he is

By *mber SkiesWoman 6 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

No pic profiles I take no notice of I rather profiles that got a bit of character

By *illan-KillashMan 6 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"So I’m very heavily tattooed all the way up to my jaw line, they’re very distinctive. It’s really not an excuse. "

Are your tattoos clearly visible under a shirt and tie?

Are they visible with a scarf around your neck?

Are they visible with your collar pulled up?

Get creative......!

I can't have my face pic on show either, but.........

By *opping_inCouple 6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Put a picture of someone else similar up instead

Oh you know people do that

By *issmorganWoman 6 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

It depends what pics you've included in your message, but I tend to look at a profile first.

If there's no pics and nothing that tells me what they offer or are into, I'd delete any message.

You could add some clothed pics with your head cropped, surely nobody would recognise those?.

We all have jobs and private lives we value too op.

By *rimson_RoseWoman 6 weeks ago

Tamworth

I really don't buy that someone can't find some body part (not that one!) they could photograph which would mean we're not chatting to a silhouette.

But saying that, if the message and profile are good and pics are attached in the first message, I will talk to the silhouettes.

It's only an instant delete if I can see the message is of the 'hi how are you' ilk, they're 500 miles away or way out of my age range. These are more important to me.

Bournemouth

"It depends what pics you've included in your message, but I tend to look at a profile first.

If there's no pics and nothing that tells me what they offer or are into, I'd delete any message.

You could add some clothed pics with your head cropped, surely nobody would recognise those?.

We all have jobs and private lives we value too op. "

But what value do those pictures add anyway? Could literally be anyone

Calderdale innit

"It depends what pics you've included in your message, but I tend to look at a profile first.

But what value do those pictures add anyway? Could literally be anyone "

They could be, but if someone is so paranoid they can't add a pic of anything, they're not for me., so it's a good filter.

Also it gives some idea of their build of it's full a pic of them dressed, shadows tell me nothing and build seems to be subjective

Bournemouth

They could be, but if someone is so paranoid they can't add a pic of anything, they're not for me., so it's a good filter.

Also it gives some idea of their build of it's full a pic of them dressed, shadows tell me nothing and build seems to be subjective "

Admit it you just like the eye candy

Calderdale innit

Also it gives some idea of their build of it's full a pic of them dressed, shadows tell me nothing and build seems to be subjective

Admit it you just like the eye candy "

Ha ha, you got me sussed

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

if your not comfortable having pics on your profile then don't have them , if your willing to send messages with them attached then do that , whatever you chose to do it should be your choice , maybe get yourself out there social wise and let folk see you face to face .. but again do what's comfortable to you, no one should feel pressured into doing something they don't want to do !

Bournemouth

This site does tend to be very photo centric.

By *harAndBryCouple 6 weeks ago

nr Stamford

See.....now you mentioned heavily tattooed, you've piqued Char's interest

But as others have said, generally no profile pic is an instant unread delete from us.

(Bry)

By *arlot o scaraWoman 6 weeks ago

Hell

See, you won’t show your face due to work but you’d be happy to send pictures privately (to people you could later come across through work) or even meet people (who you could later come across in work…) so the cat would be out of the bag anyway.

I have a senior level job, but I still show my face

» Add a new message to this topic