FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Old age

Old age

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hirley147 OP   TV/TS 20 weeks ago

Blackpool

At what age does a man become old, and leave behind middle age? And likewise for a woman? I am talking actually age, not 70 year old who trains everyday with a six pack. Who looks 50.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 20 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd say 60/65 for both.

By *oozleMan 20 weeks ago

high wycombe

Does that not depend on their lifestyle, health and genetic disposition? I care for my mum who is 85 and she only started feeling old at 80, otherwise she was really active.

By *rs BxxWoman 20 weeks ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

I don't feel old or regard myself as old.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 16/05/24 21:23:22]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think its about how you feel. There comes a point where you can no longer describe yourself as young or even middle aged. You're old or at least 'older' and there's no shame in that in fact it's to be celebrated as being a darn site better than the ghastly alternative.

high wycombe

"I don't think its about how you feel. There comes a point where you can no longer describe yourself as young or even middle aged. You're old or at least 'older' and there's no shame in that in fact it's to be celebrated as being a darn site better than the ghastly alternative. "

That’s a lovely way to think of it, also the lines are blurring as we all are living longer due to healthcare and nutrition improvements.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan 20 weeks ago

Norwich

Life expectancy has been dropping recently in the UK. Check out the office for national statistics figures. Could be a blip I suppose, or might be other reasons.

high wycombe

"Life expectancy has been dropping recently in the UK. Check out the office for national statistics figures. Could be a blip I suppose, or might be other reasons."

Maybe that’s due in part to the current situation we are in with poverty on the rise due to rising costs, causing people to neglect certain things to pay for food and warmth?

By *uenevereWoman 20 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I think it's a very individual thing, and often related to health and personal independence.

My gran is 98 and it's only in recent years that she says she feels old. I found her fitting flooring in her kitchen with a stanley knife on her 86th birthday

high wycombe

"I think it's a very individual thing, and often related to health and personal independence.

My gran is 98 and it's only in recent years that she says she feels old. I found her fitting flooring in her kitchen with a stanley knife on her 86th birthday "

That’s super impressive!

By *uenevereWoman 20 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"I think it's a very individual thing, and often related to health and personal independence.

My gran is 98 and it's only in recent years that she says she feels old. I found her fitting flooring in her kitchen with a stanley knife on her 86th birthday

That’s super impressive!"

She's wonderfully eccentric

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My dad's 97, has a better social life than me, lives on his own and dug his vegetable patch on Tuesday although it's tiny and he was angry that he had to rest three times. He's undeniably old though although he doesn't feel it and needs a lot of help from us to remain independent. However you can't avoid being old or older.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan 20 weeks ago

Norwich

"Life expectancy has been dropping recently in the UK. Check out the office for national statistics figures. Could be a blip I suppose, or might be other reasons.

Maybe that’s due in part to the current situation we are in with poverty on the rise due to rising costs, causing people to neglect certain things to pay for food and warmth?"

Possibly a contributing factor. It’s rather sad to see it declining. On the other hand, I only want more years if they are years of good health.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Life expectancy has been dropping recently in the UK. Check out the office for national statistics figures. Could be a blip I suppose, or might be other reasons.

Maybe that’s due in part to the current situation we are in with poverty on the rise due to rising costs, causing people to neglect certain things to pay for food and warmth?

Possibly a contributing factor. It’s rather sad to see it declining. On the other hand, I only want more years if they are years of good health. "

Yeah, old age in poor health is not pretty

» Add a new message to this topic