FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Bonking on Bike?

Bonking on Bike?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So apart from Freelove and I, who else out there keeps their swinging bodies in shape by peddling?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yup I'm one of those weirdos! Mainly mountain biking myself but do a few odd road miles here and there although only have a hybrid at the moment so is a little hard work putting serious miles in on it.

Steve

Last time we were seen peddling anything we ended up with a two year stretch at her Majestys Pleasure!

That was a joke by the way folks before the anti-drug police forumites come barging in..lol

"Yup I'm one of those weirdos! Mainly mountain biking myself but do a few odd road miles here and there although only have a hybrid at the moment so is a little hard work putting serious miles in on it.

Steve"

I'm on a road bike at the moment, not had any meets whilst have been dressed in the Lycra so far though, perhaps I should have gone for that extra pair of socks after all!

"Yup I'm one of those weirdos! Mainly mountain biking myself but do a few odd road miles here and there although only have a hybrid at the moment so is a little hard work putting serious miles in on it.

Steve

I'm on a road bike at the moment, not had any meets whilst have been dressed in the Lycra so far though, perhaps I should have gone for that extra pair of socks after all! "

pmsl

Mountain biking for me the more dirty I get the more fun it is!

I love spinning go 5 times a week

"Mountain biking for me the more dirty I get the more fun it is!

I love spinning go 5 times a week "

Spinning? Is that like my dad used to make me do with a sweeping brush when I was a child and then piss himself when I fell on the floor?

"Last time we were seen peddling anything we ended up with a two year stretch at her Majestys Pleasure!

That was a joke by the way folks before the anti-drug police forumites come barging in..lol"

What you got, I give you good price?

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

London to Brighton night ride for me this year......start training when the weather breaks.....

i use my bike for work and do on average 30 miles a day 7 days on one day off

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Rose does - she cycled over the Pyrenees and along the Route of St Jacques the year before last, and when we went on a long camper-van trip to Europe last summer, took her bike and cycled every day we were camped.

Keeps her in trim for riding me and other men - her fave position!

I get knackered watching someone peddling a bike..prefer people that 'walk'

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

top tip .. if your about to fall off your bike .. always remeber to unclip your feet from the pedals !

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

I got a bike because in the summer I see people cycling past my window when I am sitting on my fat arse at my computer...still struggling to get myself motivated to use it enough though.

"i use my bike for work and do on average 30 miles a day 7 days on one day off "

Well you beat me by 4 miles a day, it's even more of a shame that I didn't meet you at chams when I went for 4 days and fell out with 'em after one anded off home now! lol

bristol

just got back from bike ride .. done 40 mile today and could eat a scabby horse now !

"i use my bike for work and do on average 30 miles a day 7 days on one day off

Well you beat me by 4 miles a day, it's even more of a shame that I didn't meet you at chams when I went for 4 days and fell out with 'em after one anded off home now! lol"

say that again in English lol

i even go to chams on my bike, people used to laugh at me when i locked my bike outside and strolled in with my leggings on but when they realised i didnt give a toss they got bored and stopped lol

I take my greyhound out running on it too, i have a attachent that goes on the seat post you clip the dog lead to and he trots alone side me while i peddle and i have the lab in a trailer on the back cause he cant keep up lol i peddle to the woods with them then let them off for a run

Ex racing cyclist turned runner here. Still regularly do a 28 mile daily commute.

Had a relapse in 2011 and ended up riding the local track league, the occasional 10 mile tt and the 3 peaks cyclocross. Fancy dabbling again this year but nothing 2 serious.

Downhill full susser and a hardtail mtb,also flt road bike.Bristol world naked bike ride last year, looking forward to this year lol

bristol

"Ex racing cyclist turned runner here. Still regularly do a 28 mile daily commute.

Had a relapse in 2011 and ended up riding the local track league, the occasional 10 mile tt and the 3 peaks cyclocross. Fancy dabbling again this year but nothing 2 serious."

sounds fun .. hope that goes well !

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

bloody cyclists any excuse to get the budgie smuggling lycra on, get of the road merc c class comming thru beep beep

bristol

"bloody cyclists any excuse to get the budgie smuggling lycra on, get of the road merc c class comming thru beep beep "

if I seen you coming I would cycle in the middle of the lane wiggling ass furiously !

essex chelmsford

"bloody cyclists any excuse to get the budgie smuggling lycra on, get of the road merc c class comming thru beep beep

if I seen you coming I would cycle in the middle of the lane wiggling ass furiously ! "

lol dogging laybye??

Another cyclist here - I'm surprised, in a good way , how many there are on here!

bristol

nice bod !!

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"bloody cyclists any excuse to get the budgie smuggling lycra on, get of the road merc c class comming thru beep beep "

You in a rush to get it to the scrappy then? cos there's a lifetime guarantee on two weel biofuel engines and no bodywork corrosion issues

Vorsprung durch feckup

Wolf

"nice bod !! "

Not sure if that was directed at me, but if so, thanks . In either case, the cycling helps to keep me in shape, though I've been told I'm too skinny!

"Downhill full susser and a hardtail mtb,also flt road bike.Bristol world naked bike ride last year, looking forward to this year lol"

Do you race? Got back into racing last year myself! Have probs seen you around.

Steve

"Downhill full susser and a hardtail mtb,also flt road bike.Bristol world naked bike ride last year, looking forward to this year lol"

Did the London naked bike ride a few years ago - great fun

"Ex racing cyclist turned runner here. Still regularly do a 28 mile daily commute.

Had a relapse in 2011 and ended up riding the local track league, the occasional 10 mile tt and the 3 peaks cyclocross. Fancy dabbling again this year but nothing 2 serious.

sounds fun .. hope that goes well ! "

Cheers

Not sure if I'll enter the 3 peaks again but I think I'll definately race the track this summer. Those work miles are enough to be fit enough to be reasonably competitive and the Olympic Velodrome opens later this year and I have to get on that at some point

essex chelmsford

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Two full suss MTB's, One road bike and my trusty singlespeed commuter bike

Love riding, all of it.

"Two full suss MTB's, One road bike and my trusty singlespeed commuter bike

Love riding, all of it."

I would love to live somewhere I could do some decent mountainbiking. There is plenty of offending but nothing that is beyond the limits of my cross bike. That said you do see plenty of full sussex, many of whom seem a little indignant that my steel crossed can and does match them!

By *ayman2002Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

Does an excercise bike count?

Love riding, all of it.

I would love to live somewhere I could do some decent mountainbiking. There is plenty of off roading but nothing that is beyond the limits of my cross bike. That said you do see plenty of full sussers , many of whom seem a little indignant that my steel cross bike can and does match them! "

Edited due predictive text!

By *ampopotwoCouple  over a year ago

southampton

We both do a lot of riding with our local club and the odd TT etc. (S has been club 10 champion). We also do a lot of touring and will be doing Gibraltar to Santander this summer.

rochdale

"We both do a lot of riding with our local club and the odd TT etc. (S has been club 10 champion). We also do a lot of touring and will be doing Gibraltar to Santander this summer. "

It certainly shows!

By *ig D and little HCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"just got back from bike ride .. done 40 mile today and could eat a scabby horse now !"

Are you having a findus lasagne for dinner then

bristol

"just got back from bike ride .. done 40 mile today and could eat a scabby horse now !

Are you having a findus lasagne for dinner then "

neigh !!

Love riding, all of it.

I would love to live somewhere I could do some decent mountainbiking. There is plenty of offending but nothing that is beyond the limits of my cross bike. That said you do see plenty of full sussex, many of whom seem a little indignant that my steel crossed can and does match them! "

You get a lot of that everywhere in mtb. Lots of middleaged over biked guys talking the talk. I rarely crack out my xc bike or my dh bike unless I'm heading to wales or scotland because my singlespeed hardtail with 4inch travel forks covers everything around here and does not hold me back in anyway shape or form. Although I do get laughed at when doing the uplift at the forest of dean, that is until I start overtaking 90 per cent of riders there.

I have a full suspension bike been riding trials again for about a year . Great way to get fit I love getting muddy too . I fall off a lot aswell I'm not as good as I used to be lol

I have a full suspension bike been riding trials again for about a year . Great way to get fit I love getting muddy too . I fall off a lot aswell I'm not as good as I used to be lol

[Removed by poster at 08/02/13 11:31:31]

Love riding, all of it.

I would love to live somewhere I could do some decent mountainbiking. There is plenty of offending but nothing that is beyond the limits of my cross bike. That said you do see plenty of full sussex, many of whom seem a little indignant that my steel crossed can and does match them!

You get a lot of that everywhere in mtb. Lots of middleaged over biked guys talking the talk. I rarely crack out my xc bike or my dh bike unless I'm heading to wales or scotland because my singlespeed hardtail with 4inch travel forks covers everything around here and does not hold me back in anyway shape or form. Although I do get laughed at when doing the uplift at the forest of dean, that is until I start overtaking 90 per cent of riders there."

I am pretty much of the opinion that people should ride what they like. I hate the way the racing scene looked down on MTBing and does the same with sportives . Likewise if a 4th cat thinks powermeters are a necessity, or a tester thinks that trips to windtunnels and driving hours to a dragstrip course are necessary, or the MAMIL that rides a bike That would be at home in the tour, good luck to them all if it makes them happy. But full sussers do annoy me. The industry has convinced people they are a necessity when often they aren't.

rochdale

Love riding, all of it.

You get a lot of that everywhere in mtb. Lots of middleaged over biked guys talking the talk. I rarely crack out my xc bike or my dh bike unless I'm heading to wales or scotland because my singlespeed hardtail with 4inch travel forks covers everything around here and does not hold me back in anyway shape or form. Although I do get laughed at when doing the uplift at the forest of dean, that is until I start overtaking 90 per cent of riders there.

I am pretty much of the opinion that people should ride what they like. I hate the way the racing scene looked down on MTBing and does the same with sportives . Likewise if a 4th cat thinks powermeters are a necessity, or a tester thinks that trips to windtunnels and driving hours to a dragstrip course are necessary, or the MAMIL that rides a bike That would be at home in the tour, good luck to them all if it makes them happy. But full sussers do annoy me. The industry has convinced people they are a necessity when often they aren't. "

depends where you live & what you ride. Up here in the pennines and the Peak district - or the Lakes - they are just easier on the body and more fun to ride. Would i have a hardtail again? Yes, would i have one as my only bike? No. My 140mm travel Wolf Ridge is a hoot to ride and gives me much more confidence on the tight & steep stuff. My 100mm Mount Vision Pro is a great xc mile muncher and far more forgiving on the spine after 40 miles.

yep , cyclist here .... well hubby is .... always been into bikes, even used to build frames for many yrs ...

only a small selection of bikes at the moment ... 2 mtbs , one a single speed and my road bike which spends most its time on the turbo trainer ! ..

cant wait for the better weather

Love riding, all of it.

I am pretty much of the opinion that people should ride what they like. I hate the way the racing scene looked down on MTBing and does the same with sportives . Likewise if a 4th cat thinks powermeters are a necessity, or a tester thinks that trips to windtunnels and driving hours to a dragstrip course are necessary, or the MAMIL that rides a bike That would be at home in the tour, good luck to them all if it makes them happy. But full sussers do annoy me. The industry has convinced people they are a necessity when often they aren't. "

I find that when you have all the kit you get inducted into that group. My first ever race I borrowed a 99 kona stab deelux fully kitted out as I didn't want to seem like an idiot with my embaressing bike. I soon realised that people were only talking to me because of the bike I had with me, and they were very keen to tell me about their skills on a bike. Even though it soon became clear they had a lack of. By all mean ride what makes you happy but remember we all start somewhere and its not about having all the right kit! All my riding clothes with the exception of base layers have been donated to me or come from car boot sales etc. Mainly because I resent paying 70 quid for a pair of shorts or 20 quid for a mudguard that you could make out of cable ties and an old inner tube!

Yeah do loads of challenges on road bikes anything up to 110mile sportives but moving in to quadathlons now. Love the pain and women in Lycra lol.... Does that make me a perv lol

rochdale

I did the Coast to Coast from Workington to Sunderland the other year, 10.5hrs of rolling time and 15.5hrs overall. 135 miles/9'300ft of ascending. Hard day out but good fun!

By *itboyslim2Man  over a year ago

stevenage

yep

another cyclist here....

who else gets the occasional numb knob syndrome when on the road bike

bristol

lol ..numb knob ..love it !!

"I did the Coast to Coast from Workington to Sunderland the other year, 10.5hrs of rolling time and 15.5hrs overall. 135 miles/9'300ft of ascending. Hard day out but good fun!"

Hoping to do the coast to coast myself this year , will be dragging my gaffer from work with me and so spreading it over a few days

"top tip .. if your about to fall off your bike .. always remeber to unclip your feet from the pedals ! "

lol

"yep

another cyclist here....

who else gets the occasional numb knob syndrome when on the road bike "

Not me, my knob's always 'on the bar' so to speak

I did a 100-mile sportive a couple of years ago but cycling has to fit around rock-climbing for me, so tends to come a poor second. I do use my roadie (Focus Summit) for commuting and the odd Sunday ride when I have time though - quiet country roads around my house and office are ideal

So are we all going to do a regional sportive?

"So are we all going to do a regional sportive?"

in the nude?

bristol

"So are we all going to do a regional sportive?

in the nude? "

ohhhh errrr !!

rochdale

In the nude? When i have my new replica kit from team Wiggle-Honda? ( not that i'll ever look like Danni King but you have to try!)

the wnbr in Bristol had a good turn out last year!

"the wnbr in Bristol had a good turn out last year!"

yes i heard lots of blokes 'turned up'...

bristol

didnt even know about the bristol naked bike ride last year .. might have to put that one in the diary for this year !

The london naked one is great fun and can't see why bristol would be any different.

Being naked in central London on a Saturday afternoon is very surreal

bristol

"The london naked one is great fun and can't see why bristol would be any different.

Being naked in central London on a Saturday afternoon is very surreal"

had a sneaky hunch you might have done it ..lol .. so how come you dont get arrested ??

"The london naked one is great fun and can't see why bristol would be any different.

Being naked in central London on a Saturday afternoon is very surreal

had a sneaky hunch you might have done it ..lol .. so how come you dont get arrested ??"

Honest answer no idea. It is losely a political protest and is certainly registered as a demo. And it is a global event. There are quite tight restrictions in London as the only other mass participation day ride on open roads like this that I can think of is The T run and that gets police permission. So quite how the organisers blag a naked ride, that runs from Hyde park to Tower Bridge taking in amongst other places Trafalger Square is beyond me! There is full police co-operation though unlike the naked st johns ambulane volunteers who accompany the ride the police did keep their clothes on!

bristol

oh well sounds cool and just watched the video of last years bike ride in Bristol .. think we will probably give it a go this year and remember to apply the sunscreen in places that you normally wouldnt have to !

» Add a new message to this topic