FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Tattoo advice

Tattoo advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just some advice needed guys, how long do I need to put cream on my tattoo, is it until it has stopped scabbing, which it hasn't started yet, or just for week or so?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I was told 10 days, as it might not scab. Make sure you put a thin layer on, as a thick layer makes it more likely to scab and might affect the tat.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Just some advice needed guys, how long do I need to put cream on my tattoo, is it until it has stopped scabbing, which it hasn't started yet, or just for week or so?"

Gentleman Ben had a good tattoo done recently. He might know.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Use nappy rash cream called bepanthmen from getting it done untill you rub it in and little flakes start to come off ur tattoo. Its normal that means fully healed. Then stop using after all scabbing and flakes have gone ive got 24hrs worth of tattoos on me so speak from experience. Best cream i have ever used x

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Bepanthen is what i used for mine, just keep applying as necessary or after washing area with tepid water.

Mind no sunbeds or swimming

i just used it till it stopped itching, thats usually when the scabs have heeled, everyone heels at a different rate tho you will know when yours has heeled and theres no need to put anything on it when it has

What cream you using?

I put it on mine till the scabs are healed ,well i say scabs if done well and looked after well it will be more like dry skin it shouldn't really scab over.

i never liked Bepanthen myself i found it made the scabs lift away and fall off far to quick

only used it once after the first sitting on one of my arms and strangly enough it was the only time i ever needed any colour re doing

And yeah bapanthem is the best stuff,years ago it was preperation h but they decided to put a scenting agent in it which now causes a reaction

By *andora AnastasiaWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I used pile ointment on mine. Prep H. Worked a treat. Stops the itching and swelling. They used to recommend it in the tattoo studio i worked at so comes highly recommended. Everyone has their favourite tho.

I would put cream on until after the scabs drop off, keep it moisturised. Some people i know put the cream on years after its done to brighten the colours before an evening out! Works too!

Good luck and enjoy your new art! X

By *un-scotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I use cream for a week after last scab comes off

Like previous poster I count my tats in hours in chair not number off tats

I've used savlon on last 36 hours of tattooing

And no probs

Didn't use anything in 1st 20 hours no sufferance In tats but cream stops the itching and helps healing

i use the witch hazel gel, it has a cooling agent in it so when its new and burning it really helps, also seems to stop the itching

It dont dry your skin like some creams can too

as said everyone will have their fave cream and thats deffo mine

I have got Bepanthen, it seems ok, just didn't know how long to use it for, I don't put it on as often as I perhaps should because of working, but it has only been done since Monday and not sure how soon it would start drying or scabbing over. Thank you tho, I'll just keep putting it on.

Never used that,and yeah its more for the itching then anything,im having my back done soon i may look into that.

"Never used that,and yeah its more for the itching then anything,im having my back done soon i may look into that."

your backs a bastard when your sat in alone and its itching like mad lol

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I don't like Bepanthen, find it too heavy.

I use Savlon until the scabbing has healed.

However, I've just had 4 hours done on my leg, a really intricate portrait, and I've got really dry skin on my leg, so I just used E45 on that one, to help moisturise the skin too.

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I have got Bepanthen, it seems ok, just didn't know how long to use it for, I don't put it on as often as I perhaps should because of working, but it has only been done since Monday and not sure how soon it would start drying or scabbing over. Thank you tho, I'll just keep putting it on."

That's why i used Bepanthen as it would do me a whole shift without needing to reapply

"Never used that,and yeah its more for the itching then anything,im having my back done soon i may look into that.

your backs a bastard when your sat in alone and its itching like mad lol "

Thanks for that lol,have my shoulders done but i could reach those lol.

"I don't like Bepanthen, find it too heavy.

I use Savlon until the scabbing has healed.

However, I've just had 4 hours done on my leg, a really intricate portrait, and I've got really dry skin on my leg, so I just used E45 on that one, to help moisturise the skin too. "

E45 do a anti itch version too now, we use it at work and its very good, not that any of my patients have new tattoos lol but im told it does stop the itching well

"I have got Bepanthen, it seems ok, just didn't know how long to use it for, I don't put it on as often as I perhaps should because of working, but it has only been done since Monday and not sure how soon it would start drying or scabbing over. Thank you tho, I'll just keep putting it on.

That's why i used Bepanthen as it would do me a whole shift without needing to reapply "

I put it on in the morning before I go out, then again before bed which isn't much, but I have good skin, which has never been dry, it still feels pretty good tho, so not too worried

"I have got Bepanthen, it seems ok, just didn't know how long to use it for, I don't put it on as often as I perhaps should because of working, but it has only been done since Monday and not sure how soon it would start drying or scabbing over. Thank you tho, I'll just keep putting it on.

That's why i used Bepanthen as it would do me a whole shift without needing to reapply

I put it on in the morning before I go out, then again before bed which isn't much, but I have good skin, which has never been dry, it still feels pretty good tho, so not too worried"

i really wouldnt worry to much about it, if you didnt use any cream at all it wouldnt make a difference, only thing it really does is sooths it and makes it feel better while heeling

ive done it a few times where i havnt bothered putting anything on then i'll go for another sitting and use something and you cant tell any difference in the wrk between sittings ive used cream and ones i havnt

Peopel say its holds the colour in better but ive never seen any evidance of that

I put it on in the morning before I go out, then again before bed which isn't much, but I have good skin, which has never been dry, it still feels pretty good tho, so not too worried

i really wouldnt worry to much about it, if you didnt use any cream at all it wouldnt make a difference, only thing it really does is sooths it and makes it feel better while heeling

ive done it a few times where i havnt bothered putting anything on then i'll go for another sitting and use something and you cant tell any difference in the wrk between sittings ive used cream and ones i havnt

Peopel say its holds the colour in better but ive never seen any evidance of that"

I don't think it has any bearing on how the colour holds tbh,that is down to how good the work is and the inks.

Everyone's different, we both use Vaseline, as often as you can apply it, it never scabs that way, it just heals, as it's a barrier against a scab forming

southend

"Everyone's different, we both use Vaseline, as often as you can apply it, it never scabs that way, it just heals, as it's a barrier against a scab forming "

Funny isn't it? I've always been told never to use Vaseline. Can't even remember why, just every tattooist I've seen has said not to use it.

By *rooklanda coupleCouple  over a year ago

brooklands

i used bepanthen until all the scabbing had gone.I scab very badly and bepanthen helped alot and stopped the scabbing

"I don't think it has any bearing on how the colour holds tbh,that is down to how good the work is and the inks."

"Everyone's different, we both use Vaseline, as often as you can apply it, it never scabs that way, it just heals, as it's a barrier against a scab forming

Funny isn't it? I've always been told never to use Vaseline. Can't even remember why, just every tattooist I've seen has said not to use it. "

i was told not to use it either

Always wondered why seeing as they spread it on you while they are actually tattooing

actually i may ask that

Well I think he's done a good jon, and there isn't any colour as such, I think it will be fine to just carry on as I am

"Everyone's different, we both use Vaseline, as often as you can apply it, it never scabs that way, it just heals, as it's a barrier against a scab forming

Funny isn't it? I've always been told never to use Vaseline. Can't even remember why, just every tattooist I've seen has said not to use it.

i was told not to use it either

Always wondered why seeing as they spread it on you while they are actually tattooing

actually i may ask that "

Like wise yet they do use it in the studio...hmmmmm.

southend

Just asked the dude that did my leg.

They use vaseline to help the needle glide smoothly across the skin, less drag. And also to prevent air getting to the tattoo, therefore stopping any bloody clotting, and leaving lumps and bumps.

You shouldn't use vaseline for after care because it doesn't allow the tattoo to breathe, it's an abrasion that needs air to heal. And some think it causes colour fade because of the petroleum.

thanks

why didn't mine itch. had two and neither did. used bepanthen and cling film on both for 10 days. healed beautifully

I was told by my tatooist to use bepanthen after a baby wipe at least twice a day.

Worked a treat and didn't scab at all. I also moisturise them once or twice a week and use high sun factor when on hol and I've never had any fade issues.

D

"Everyone's different, we both use Vaseline, as often as you can apply it, it never scabs that way, it just heals, as it's a barrier against a scab forming "

Our tattooist also says Vaseline just to give it a protective layer .

It's defo worked for both myself and the wife .

LOVE your tattoo OP!! Gorgeous.

I've always used Bepanthen on all mine and they all turned out ok. None of them needed re-doing.

"Just asked the dude that did my leg.

They use vaseline to help the needle glide smoothly across the skin, less drag. And also to prevent air getting to the tattoo, therefore stopping any bloody clotting, and leaving lumps and bumps.

You shouldn't use vaseline for after care because it doesn't allow the tattoo to breathe, it's an abrasion that needs air to heal. And some think it causes colour fade because of the petroleum. "

It also traps bacteria beneath it increasing the risk of infection.

By *emon DodgerMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

"Use nappy rash cream called bepanthmen from getting it done untill you rub it in and little flakes start to come off ur tattoo. Its normal that means fully healed. Then stop using after all scabbing and flakes have gone ive got 24hrs worth of tattoos on me so speak from experience. Best cream i have ever used x"

bepanthmen is the best - we normally used it for a week never had no scabs

I always go for bepanthen & wrapped in clingfilm for a week, then just bepanthen after that until it's healed. Best ever for me! Booked in for another 8 hour sitting next month and can't wait (other than the fact it hurts like a moherflipper!)

Sorry to post again so quick, but one piece of advice I haven't been mentioned is put the tube of bepanthen in a cup of hot water before use. Soften it up a treat, much easier on the sore bits.

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Bepanthen every time for me. Over the last twenty years I have tried various things but Bepanthen has had the best results by far.

I agree as well that warming it slightly in a glass of warm water first helps with a nice smooth even application.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

In the past have used sudacrem, lasonil and bepanthen. Would go with lasonil, easy to spread and only used it for about 4 days

Put bepanthen in hot water first im covered ink its so easy work in when warm

"I always go for bepanthen & wrapped in clingfilm for a week, then just bepanthen after that until it's healed. Best ever for me! Booked in for another 8 hour sitting next month and can't wait (other than the fact it hurts like a moherflipper!)"

i had a 8 hour sitting on my back, i was suicidal by the end of it, 8 hours is far to long to sit in one go

By *ovkid66Man  over a year ago

Warwick

I always used bepanthem, and another tip is when you shower try to use a really moisturising shower gel, mine were normally healed within a week.

I never anything on mine and they look ace

"I always go for bepanthen & wrapped in clingfilm for a week, then just bepanthen after that until it's healed. Best ever for me! Booked in for another 8 hour sitting next month and can't wait (other than the fact it hurts like a moherflipper!)

i had a 8 hour sitting on my back, i was suicidal by the end of it, 8 hours is far to long to sit in one go "

Mine was 6 and without breaks so was a killer. Deciding what to do next.

Nice tattoo Sugarkisses

"I always go for bepanthen & wrapped in clingfilm for a week, then just bepanthen after that until it's healed. Best ever for me! Booked in for another 8 hour sitting next month and can't wait (other than the fact it hurts like a moherflipper!)

i had a 8 hour sitting on my back, i was suicidal by the end of it, 8 hours is far to long to sit in one go

Mine was 6 and without breaks so was a killer. Deciding what to do next. "

my back was supposed to be done in two 8 hour sittings but after the first one the rest was done in four two hour sittings wimp and proud lol i couldnt have face another 8 hours in one go

It was knackering but I hate the faff of aftercare so I'd rather get it over and done with. I've only had 8 hours altogether. Pain was not an issue. It was the sitting there for hours that did me in.

Ive had 8 tattoos and never used any cream never bothered me x

"LOVE your tattoo OP!! Gorgeous.

I've always used Bepanthen on all mine and they all turned out ok. None of them needed re-doing. "

Thank you Scarlet, I told him what I wanted and this is what he came up with, I'm very pleased with it.

"Nice tattoo Sugarkisses"

Welsh tyvm

"Just some advice needed guys, how long do I need to put cream on my tattoo, is it until it has stopped scabbing, which it hasn't started yet, or just for week or so?

Gentleman Ben had a good tattoo done recently. He might know. "

Was it Thatcher's head by any chance?

"Ive had 8 tattoos and never used any cream never bothered me x"

Yep, can't see what difference a cream ishinnamake over not picking the scab, although no doubt I'll be corrected shortly!

The knack with getting bepanthen is to put the tube in hot water for 10 mins before putting on, it far thinner and easier to get on. I don't cover other than for the hour after getting it. I also keep applying until its fully healed.

I've found this the best method and my half sleeve has no spots that needed touching up

We find that a product called black cat, or tattoo juice works best, that's why we supply it in our studio. Bepanthen we find is too thick and e45 dries to quickly xx

The hardest part of having a tattoo is always the after care...oh and paying to be in pain

Ohh think its all been answered! You dont needa tattooist to tell you now!

» Add a new message to this topic